[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

the western music class was utterly unrealistic. the music class should be held in music room and the class should start with outline introduction.

musicroom.jpg

I think the set is the same set as was used for the Marching Band in previous seasons... so it should probably be the Music Room (or one of several)? :sweatingbullets:

But the point about an outline of the class raises another question, too. It's at least the third week of the semester by now. (Based on the dialogue in this episode alone, we know this. Mali and her dad were to move in "not many weeks" after Zomzom was first informed by her dad. When that conversation in the car happened, Zomzom had already started school... Mali moves in... Then we get Music Class... So Music Class starts no earlier than the third or fourth week of the semester.) Why are Jane, Sun, etc. just starting Music Class now? :huh:

the style of that teacher was impossible too. how could a conservative strict school hire such person as a teacher?

To be fair, this is the school that hired Teacher Aor in Season 1. Someone in HR has either a twisted sense of humour or different ideas from the rest of the administration. :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest antakalainaro

Macarena.jpg

"I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUU, LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
NEED YOUUUUUUUUUUU, WANT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"

Ped is ready to rock some "I want to love you" by Sek Loso
I bet he borrowed that guitar from Koong

While Net is a nice guy I think it was bad time to mention that he likes her since Koi is clearly still upset and all...

Is it karma at work?

In S02E04, after encountering Din again, Dao started to relive her trauma symptoms. During that, Koi went in for a kiss. That's not an OK thing to do. Everyone should know that someone else's trauma isn't your opportunity (no matter how mutual the opportunity it may seem "in the moment"). So this kind of "taking advantage" -- is it some sort of karma at work? :mellow:

KoiDao shippers, please don't kill me.  ;)  It's just that I'm still bothered by Dao's trauma being the original gateway to KoiDao. If they do end up together, the gateway should be better than this, in my opinion.

omg...how you can even remember all these? how many times you rewatch the show?? 

-----------------------------

just finish watch ep2. as im not daokoi shipper, so i don't have much to say about their story. but... i do like net. i think he is a fine guy, understanding, got humor, good relationship with koi's father.  though i kinda agree with what p'bencanuck mention above. 

as for dao, i wonder why is actually she change her mind when she's about to tell her mother. whether she was scared of her mother or she just don't want her mother to be heartbroken to hear that she is indeed a lesbian. but when she said 'i can't choose you', seems like she don't want her mother to be heartbroken. 

btw.. its shocked me to see how much dao and koi cried for their love. they are still young, i do believe they have long journey ahead, it's not worth to cry now. maybe because i don't ship this couple, i don't understand their heartbroken.. :( 

i want to slap jane's face, she look bored and rude in every episode. and her face when talking to her teacher is so rude. ever since ep1 when she introduce herself in her class..i don't like it. 

and yes. i want to slap first too. what a jerk. 

pala's granny appear.. pala still makes me amuse, imo he dont have that obedient naive face...so its funny to see that face playing a very kind character. interesting :D 

-------------------------------

for ep3, after i read the recap, i like how KNP clearly give first her rejection. good. i like that.

i wish oil will smile more. for me she's very pretty, if she smile more, maybe more guys will notice her. 

--------------------------------

i want to talk about this but i forgot.. i like the ost so much.. it's great song. do you guys think the production team might dropped some hint in the mv? or the mv just explaining the lyrics?

there's one scene, there's blood on someone's back, (which i believe to be KNP), does it means she will get her back stabbed? 

ps: how does the stars study? no wonder alot of thai stars have a very good education profile.. some even get a master degree.. i don't even want to dream of taking master degree.. it was a nightmere when i have to do research paper during bachelor degree.. i don't want to face that again. but nowadays... i been thinking about studying music, i want to be a music director for drama/movie and variety shows.. lolz. such a random thought as i don't know how to play any instrument nor know reading score. :( and i will be 27 in a few months.. sorry for the rant 

Guest CrypticShan

Wow. I'm really impressed with Thai actors. To think that they highly value education. Some even take up engineering and law. They sure balance their time well. Clapclapclap. Tor is Phai right? I liked his acting in the first 2 seasons, especially when I learned that his Character was true to his life story. :o Thanks for the replies bencanuck, and redblueyellow for stating which characters the actors played, I appreciate it . I'm going to research about the famous Thai actors you both mentioned. :)  I'm fairly new to the Thai scene so I'm quite intrigued. :) I must say kudos to the new actors of Nadao because they can deliver well. :)

Nice point you said there Bencanuck, I do feel like the Dao and Koi relationship was a bit rushed. They had little air time so there were no significant moments that felt like they were headed towards *that* direction. Was it really just trauma for Dao? However, I do feel like like Dao likes Koi now and vice versa. Is it just good acting?  Did Dao really like Din? 

After watching episode 2, I thought Net was groomed to be a great guy so that people will like him enough to end up with Koi. But after watching episode 3, it was seen clearly that Koi did not feel the same way for him as she did with Dao. It's interesting that someone (it was indiiea!) said that it's a common misconception that lesbians can be 'cured' by finding the 'right' kind of guy for them. Here's Net with his great and dashing qualities and yet, Koi still feels indifferent towards him. It has everything to do with who you are attracted/fallen in love with and less with the overall qualities. I thought Net was just there to make Dao jealous like typical teen romance/drama series. It was a really nice and simple touch. I wouldn't have noticed it if someone didn't point it out. Thanks. :) 

I do feel like KNP will get backstabbed, most probably by Oil, and then Oil has a wheelchair in the OST MV so it will feel like she's helping her instead. I like her less now even though I do feel bad for her. I like how they showed through Zomzom's character that teens get emotional and angry towards their parents easily even though they were the ones who raised them. These things happen a lot towards Teens, they get carried away easily and it clouds their judgment/understanding towards their parents. 

I like season 3, it's light compared to the previous seasons but more in-depth in their character's backgrounds. I also like how each episode feels resolved in a way and that it doesn't leave a lot of frustrations towards the viewers. Maybe it's just because they're introducing the characters and building up tensions yet. I can't wait when the controversies start caving in. :) 

I'm really glad I joined this thread instead of lurking. I'm learning a lot from different points of view and noticing more because of what people say here. I read all of your post (observations)! Keep them coming. :) Thanks again for the replies and recaps. :) Go Hormones Season 3! 

"I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUU, LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
NEED YOUUUUUUUUUUU, WANT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"

Ped is ready to rock some "I want to love you" by Sek Loso
I bet he borrowed that guitar from Koong

He totally sucks...seed. LOL. Nice throwback. I love all of Phao's parts so far. I'm usually annoyed by obnoxious comic relief characters but Phao (and his family) is great. What a family. There should be no doubt why Phu and Phao are spoiled brats.

I like season 3, it's light compared to the previous seasons but more in-depth in their character's backgrounds. I also like how each episode feels resolved in a way and that it doesn't leave a lot of frustrations towards the viewers. Maybe it's just because they're introducing the characters and building up tensions yet. I can't wait when the controversies start caving in. :) 

Welcome! I definitely agree with what you said. Season 2 was expertly written and acted but the overall tone is way too dark and depressing. Season 3 seems to be fixing this.

btw.. its shocked me to see how much dao and koi cried for their love. they are still young, i do believe they have long journey ahead, it's not worth to cry now. maybe because i don't ship this couple, i don't understand their heartbroken.. :( 

i want to slap jane's face, she look bored and rude in every episode. and her face when talking to her teacher is so rude. ever since ep1 when she introduce herself in her class..i don't like it. 

Teens are emotional because that's their only way of expressing grief and sadness. Adults tend to hide their feelings more natural than teens because they think it's a sign of maturity. It's undestandable on my part. After all, they are still girls who are more emotional than boys. I remembered Thee crying his heart out in the shower because of Phu and getting heartbroken at that young age (when he and Non talked in the baskeball court, Non pointed out what broken-hearted's do like crying in the shower, listening to sad music, started to cry when it rains etc and Thee said he did all of that). Crying to ease their pain.

Jane's face has this resting *richard simmons* face. I also want to slap her or wake her up. She seems really bored. Her smile is her greatest possesion as of the moment. :lol: 

As for Koi, I think she's trying to see if she'll get the same feeling she felt when she dreamt about kissing Dao and when she kissed Net. She's like testing the waters. She got a little bit disappointed because it's not special tho. 

11374313_469353836569389_1277350133_n.jp12071252_171203973220772_1072785754_n.jp

So, is Zomzom the one who does their hair? Plus the blue ribbon.. 

It's true that most of the Hormones actors who have finished high school have gone on to study subjects like Business or Comm Arts.

But not all. Some take scientific or highly technical courses, with tight lab schedules, etc.

It may be worth mentioning them for their accomplishments. For example, Tor is a student at the top-rated faculty for Agro-Industry in the country (and possibly in ASEAN -- wouldn't surprise me). Nunar (Phai's big sister) is a chemical engineer; when filming Hormones, she was a student at Thailand's #2-ranked department in the field. To me, these two in particular are pretty impressive in what they managed to study (what they are managing to study) while working. :o

I have long suspected that the Hormones writers are some sort of tear vampires... in a good way. ;)

But, Agro-Industry isn't a popular faculty. how could you know each school ranking in each field? from the admission score?

few writers said they loved being called sadistic/psycho writers. lol. also commented they wouldn't stop to drench viewers' tears.

the western music class was utterly unrealistic. the music class should be held in music room and the class should start with outline introduction.

musicroom.jpg

I think the set is the same set as was used for the Marching Band in previous seasons... so it should probably be the Music Room (or one of several)? :sweatingbullets:

But the point about an outline of the class raises another question, too. It's at least the third week of the semester by now. (Based on the dialogue in this episode alone, we know this. Mali and her dad were to move in "not many weeks" after Zomzom was first informed by her dad. When that conversation in the car happened, Zomzom had already started school... Mali moves in... Then we get Music Class... So Music Class starts no earlier than the third or fourth week of the semester.) Why are Jane, Sun, etc. just starting Music Class now? :huh:

the style of that teacher was impossible too. how could a conservative strict school hire such person as a teacher?

To be fair, this is the school that hired Teacher Aor in Season 1. Someone in HR has either a twisted sense of humour or different ideas from the rest of the administration. :D

Ah, maybe, maybe there was actually lecture room on music. Geez. A public school graduated like me can't understand prestigious schools. My sister went to a catholic school but it was far from Assumption's class. The new teacher said an emergency happened to the previous teacher, didn't clarified what kind of emergency.

Teacher Aor had rebelous mentality but not fashion. I doubt if a teacher of progressive style will ever been recruited. i don't think the school had HR department and teachers are selected by the principal/ deputy principal.

btw, we misunderstood, Ping was guidance teacher (function similar to school's psychologist) not music teacher.

just finish watch ep2. as im not daokoi shipper, so i don't have much to say about their story. but... i do like net. i think he is a fine guy, understanding, got humor, good relationship with koi's father.  though i kinda agree with what p'bencanuck mention above. 

as for dao, i wonder why is actually she change her mind when she's about to tell her mother. whether she was scared of her mother or she just don't want her mother to be heartbroken to hear that she is indeed a lesbian. but when she said 'i can't choose you', seems like she don't want her mother to be heartbroken. 

and yes. i want to slap first too. what a jerk. 

pala's granny appear.. pala still makes me amuse, imo he dont have that obedient naive face...so its funny to see that face playing a very kind character. interesting :D 

--------------------------------

i want to talk about this but i forgot.. i like the ost so much.. it's great song. do you guys think the production team might dropped some hint in the mv? or the mv just explaining the lyrics?

there's one scene, there's blood on someone's back, (which i believe to be KNP), does it means she will get her back stabbed? 

ps: how does the stars study? no wonder alot of thai stars have a very good education profile.. some even get a master degree.. i don't even want to dream of taking master degree.. it was a nightmere when i have to do research paper during bachelor degree.. i don't want to face that again. but nowadays... i been thinking about studying music, i want to be a music director for drama/movie and variety shows.. lolz. such a random thought as i don't know how to play any instrument nor know reading score. :( and i will be 27 in a few months.. sorry for the rant 

Fon said Dao was scared to hurt her mother. I saw some lesbian said they could related to KoiDao's story, how it was stressful having a relationship behind her parents, how it was tiring to have a lover who kept being back and forth because she feared to come out.

the mv relates to the series, not the lyric. Pang was back-stabbed in the MV.

some celebs graduated before debuted, some are education focused and will avoid to overlap their working schedules with studying ones, e.g., stuff all subjects on mon-wed-fri and work on tue-thu and weekends. only shoot during school break etc. it's possible as thai staffs are more compromising (the exam starts next week, can you lessen my cues for this week and skip my cues in next week?) and the studying schedule is more flexible for collegiate students. they also get helps from classmates and teachers.

Wow. I'm really impressed with Thai actors. To think that they highly value education. Some even take up engineering and law. They sure balance their time well. Clapclapclap. Tor is Phai right? I liked his acting in the first 2 seasons, especially when I learned that his Character was true to his life story. :o Thanks for the replies bencanuck, and redblueyellow for stating which characters the actors played, I appreciate it . I'm going to research about the famous Thai actors you both mentioned. :)  I'm fairly new to the Thai scene so I'm quite intrigued. :) I must say kudos to the new actors of Nadao because they can deliver well. :)

Nice point you said there Bencanuck, I do feel like the Dao and Koi relationship was a bit rushed. They had little air time so there were no significant moments that felt like they were headed towards *that* direction. Was it really just trauma for Dao? However, I do feel like like Dao likes Koi now and vice versa. Is it just good acting?  Did Dao really like Din? 

After watching episode 2, I thought Net was groomed to be a great guy so that people will like him enough to end up with Koi. But after watching episode 3, it was seen clearly that Koi did not feel the same way for him as she did with Dao. It's interesting that someone (it was indiiea!) said that it's a common misconception that lesbians can be 'cured' by finding the 'right' kind of guy for them. Here's Net with his great and dashing qualities and yet, Koi still feels indifferent towards him. It has everything to do with who you are attracted/fallen in love with and less with the overall qualities. I thought Net was just there to make Dao jealous like typical teen romance/drama series. It was a really nice and simple touch. I wouldn't have noticed it if someone didn't point it out. Thanks. :) 

I do feel like KNP will get backstabbed, most probably by Oil, and then Oil has a wheelchair in the OST MV so it will feel like she's helping her instead. I like her less now even though I do feel bad for her. I like how they showed through Zomzom's character that teens get emotional and angry towards their parents easily even though they were the ones who raised them. These things happen a lot towards Teens, they get carried away easily and it clouds their judgment/understanding towards their parents. 

I'm really glad I joined this thread instead of lurking. I'm learning a lot from different points of view and noticing more because of what people say here. I read all of your post (observations)! Keep them coming. :) Thanks again for the replies and recaps. :) Go Hormones Season 3! 

lol. Law isn't a popular faculty here. however, it's not easy to get into Thammasart U.

rather than rush, the KoiDao relationship was viewed as a cringe-worthy twist. it was discussed how awkward it was that a boy-love shipper turned into a lesbian, the director/scenarists might want to present another gay couple with a different story and Dao was the best choice for that season.

the script was highly detailed. Fon said scenarists even created childhood background of each character and KoiDao love-line was developed after they interviewed real lesbians. it's hard to say if Dao really loved Din as he's the only person she could date (not banned by her mother) at the time.

p.s.

the bathroom was fabricated in a studio, the real bathroom at the school was partitioned and such scene couldn't happen. the bathroom scene was aimed to solidified that Koi was seriously not straight, any woman can find another woman attractive, you're not straight when you feel sexually aroused by another woman.

Guest CrypticShan

So Zomzom does the whole groups hair ribbons. Such a tsundere. Hahaha. I think there should be a count for Jane's rare smiles. 

Oh. So the Dao and Koi couple are not well received by the Thai audience because of the cringey twist? .. Fon is Dao right? They did interviews about lesbian couples? :o I don't think it portrayed/produced well for Koi, considering they researched enough about it. Or maybe I just can't relate well. Or maybe because of little air time. :) I wish some childhood background will be shown. :)

I like the girl playing Koi, she's gotten good at acting this season compared to before. I think I've seen her somewhere, has she worked with Director Nawapol before? She has a face which would look great with independent international films. Those expressive eyes can win awards. Does she have any other films? Like serious ones? 

Thanks for the info about the bathroom scene. :) I have a question about the poster/MV, are the color of powders and placing of their bruises have meaning? Or purely a random choice by the directors? 

Guest loveislove

Hello everyone, long time no see.

When I saw the new update from Hormones on Youtube, I tried to catch up but then failed due to my busy schedule. However I'm happy that many people are still around. I'd love to watch those episodes and join the discussion soon since it sounds interesting :).

p/s: Godness, I still remember my password to re login this forum, but it seems that it has been changed a lot ever since I left my comment last year :D

Oh. So the Dao and Koi couple are not well received by the Thai audience because of the cringey twist? .. Fon is Dao right? They did interviews about lesbian couples? :o I don't think it portrayed/produced well for Koi, considering they researched enough about it. Or maybe I just can't relate well. Or maybe because of little air time. :) I wish some childhood background will be shown. :)

I like the girl playing Koi, she's gotten good at acting this season compared to before. I think I've seen her somewhere, has she worked with Director Nawapol before? She has a face which would look great with independent international films. Those expressive eyes can win awards. Does she have any other films? Like serious ones? 

Thanks for the info about the bathroom scene. :) I have a question about the poster/MV, are the color of powders and placing of their bruises have meaning? Or purely a random choice by the directors? 

KoiDao WAS not well-received. the emotional story and the realistic acting won many hearts later.

Belle (Koi) debuted as actress in Hormones and has yet played anything else. (she was an mc of a teen program before.)

positions of wounds surely have meaning to them. what fans quite certain are Boss and wound on his mouth - he got a trouble from something he said, Jane and wound on her temple - the pen throwing scene, Pang and a wound on her back - she got back-stabbed by Oil.

ps; i wonder how top rated agro-industry faculty looks like. their faculty must be very big. 

i'm boring a did a little research for you. here are what i find.

2012101290211.jpgOct109NEWS.jpgpic08.jpgTN_IMG_7942.JPGImage.aspx?ID=2319385Image.aspx?ID=2319386Pasteurizers%20KU_-R1.jpg1344228534_img.jpg

map500.png 

Agro-Industry is number 5 in the map. 

Glad to see more people joining or coming back! :D 

Like others have mentioned (@VarutK and @CrypticShan) I'm finding this season much lighter. I find myself laughing quite a bit more. I'm enjoying this. Maybe this is part of what the writers meant when they said they wanted to leave us with a nice final season and leave us wanting more. I'm sure there are lots of ways to do that, and I'm sure there are lots of ways they'll (try to) do that. But playing around with the tone, letting it be carefree sometimes, is a nice touch. It makes me happy, anyway. :)

ps; i wonder how top rated agro-industry faculty looks like. their faculty must be very big. 

I'll end up pretty off-topic, so I'll "spoiler tag"this -- ^_^ --

In this Faculty of Agro-Industry (which Tor studies in), there are 6 departments, more than 100 academic staff (lecturers/profs), not sure how many students. The faculty broke off from the Agriculture Faculty about 40 years ago. It's older and much larger than any other AI faculty in Thailand.

I work at this university. That's how I know the relative strength of these particular faculties/departments. The strengths of the two in question (Agro-Industry, Chemical Engineering) are common knowledge here. ^_^

In the university map welp posted, Nunar (Phai's sister) studied at Number 10 (Engineering), and Kao (Sprite) studies at Number 11 (Economics). (Mek/View from Room Alone studies at Number 8, Humanities.) The scale of the map is about 1.7km by 1.5km. It's big but not too big. I usually walk across the campus every day. There are lots of trees. :D 

Guest Vergara

I bet I'm the only one doesnt hate First. I like his big smile, just think he's not a thoughtful person. I also guess he does have a crush on Pang but also has no idea about Oil's true feeling and I dont think that's his fault. But of course his action toward Oil will give him a lesson later.

By the way, after watching introduction of Ter I'am so surprised that he wears contacts lens, if he doesnt he will be the second one wearing eyes glasses, the same like Boss. Idk why such trivia catches my attention. Lol

As for Dao and Koi, in Season 1, there is no hint that they will become a couple unlike those existing couple to be (Win-Khwan-Mhog) (Tar-Toei) (Phai-Sprite) (PhuThee) so I was kinda surprised when they made those two girls falling in love with each other in Season 2. They're quite adorable tho however, it was obviously made for fan service. I don't have a complaint because I like DaoKoi couple. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, I really like the adult gay part. It's not redundant (like having another BL) and it's more refreshing because it reflects gays on another perspective, on a more matured perspective. And Mali's dad is stunning. Yes, Olivier is so handsome. :lol: I want to see more of him in this season. 

1444545245-Couple-o.png

Guest loveislove

Glad to learn that they provide English sub for final season, otherwise, I don't know how to come back to this forum. I, of course, can watch and understand it because we have (not sure if it's official) subtitle in our language too, but it's later than one day  from GTH on youtube. I am so happy that this season will not focus on relationship as the last one, and it seems to concentrate to personality of each characters. I like such idea :)

Thanks for insightful comments as always P'Ben and others too.

Guest CrypticShan

That Jane GIF is so funny. I wish there will be more postings of her different faces. :) Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate all the answers. :)It's a really nice touch what they did for the placings of the scar. I want to know what the other character scars are for and why some doesn't have one.   I'm geting more and more excited in watching the next episode because of this thread. :) Will there be a controversial topic soon? :)

I found the list of characters who will be highlighted in each episode, I don't know if this has been posted, but is it legit from Hormones? It's right so far for episodes 1,2 and 3. :) 

EP1: Growth Hormone
EP2: DAO
EP3: MALI
EP4: KANOMPANG
EP5: NON
EP6: KOI
EP7: ROBOT
EP8: JANE
EP9: BOSS
EP10: SUN
EP11: OIL
EP12: ZOMZOM
EP13: END

Is it just fanmade? Because I don't see Phao in there. 

Guest zurichtime_stv

That Jane GIF is so funny. I wish there will be more postings of her different faces. :) Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate all the answers. :)It's a really nice touch what they did for the placings of the scar. I want to know what the other character scars are for and why some doesn't have one.   I'm geting more and more excited in watching the next episode because of this thread. :) Will there be a controversial topic soon? :)

I found the list of characters who will be highlighted in each episode, I don't know if this has been posted, but is it legit from Hormones? It's right so far for episodes 1,2 and 3. :) 

EP1: Growth Hormone
EP2: DAO
EP3: MALI
EP4: KANOMPANG
EP5: NON
EP6: KOI
EP7: ROBOT
EP8: JANE
EP9: BOSS
EP10: SUN
EP11: OIL
EP12: ZOMZOM
EP13: END

Is it just fanmade? Because I don't see Phao in there. 

I don't think that's from Hormones. Because i thought from the recap, the next episode (EP.4) will be focused on Phao. 

*btw, i just made the account because of Hormones*. ^_^ Happy to join the forum :) 

Btw, i have a question. Where is Babymild? The tom from Hormones the Next Gen. When i watched Hormones Frozen, she was there. But, where is she now? Why did she cast in the season 3?

I think EP.2 was more about Koi (not Dao) and EP.3 was more about Zomzom (not Mali), so even if we don't count the fact that it looks like the next episode is Phao's and the fact that GTH loves to keep us guessing, the list seems to be a fan's prediction? 

Also, Pala had better get an episode, or I'll be mad! The "quiet character" episodes have always been some of my favourites. :lol:

Archived