[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Kaopun's Nut has been named in-universe yet (?). (There was a Nut who was Sprite's stalker, though. It's a very common nickname.)

I like him better to be Dao's rival than Net. Net and Nut :lol:

Clearly the reason Dao and Koi can't be together is that Dao doesn't have the kind of name Koi likes. ;) 

55555! So Dao should change her name then to something that's close to Net or Nut :lol:

***THE NEWS (NOT TO BE MISSED)***

GTH will sub the series and put it on YouTube! What P'Cook, P'Yong, and P'Ping hinted at has come true.

:wub: B) :w00t: :D 

This really made my day. I had the good feeling back then when they said that they will have a surprise, that it will be an ENG sub for the intl. fans. Luckily, it is. I'm glad they are paying off the love they got from the international fans. Good video quality plus eng sub. Can't wait :wub::wub:

I had the good feeling back then when they said that they will have a surprise, that it will be an ENG sub for the intl. fans. 

They really did try. They figured out a way. They've made sooooo many people happy today! :w00t:

Sorry, Boss/Pea. I've been eagerly awaiting your character-introduction video; but if it comes out today, it's going to be dwarfed in importance by GTH/Nadao's announcement. ;)

Hello, I'm Boss. My full name is Prach** Atprajak. I was born on March 19, 1998. I'm currently a student at Nadao Bangkok; my student number is NDB 54193. This year I'll be in Grade 11, Room 5, studying in the Arts and Maths stream.

I bike to school. One thing I like is feeling the fresh air on my face as I pedal on. But the pleasantness of this experience might actually come from the endorphins that our bodies release during exercise.

I like to study English and Social Studies; but my favourite is probably English.

I guess I'm someone who doesn't have many close friends. There really aren't that many people who look at the world from my point of view. People always say that I'm too stressed out and serious. But that's not how it is for me. I just like to do the things that I do well and seriously.

Ter has been my best friend since junior high school. He understands; he knows what my idea of doing things seriously is like. Ter's studying Arts and Maths, too, but we're in different classrooms. The reason that he and I can get along is probably because he knows what he's talking about, and we can talk to one another frankly. But there's one area where we differ considerably. I'm not especially good at expressing myself. Ter is completely the opposite. All of this put together adds up to something like why we can be good friends.

When I have free time, what do I like to do? Well, I'm probably like everyone else. I've been in the Journalism Club... and also I... use the internet; I find stuff to read and read it. I prefer to listen, read, and write more than I like to speak.

I like to listen to other people's opinions and insights. People have different thoughts and views, and it's my belief that this contributes to society as a whole. This is something about us that's both interesting and terrifying at the same time.

** His first name means "sage" or "philosopher" (in a kind of old-school sense).

The photo for Boss describes him as frank. He is determined and serious-minded. He has a critical mind. He's confident in his own ideals and principles.

Boss gives me goosebumps, especially the last part when he says he likes to listen to different opinions of people and thinks this can change the world. He is destined for greatness... or grand tragedy. Very nice character design in my opinion. 

Boss is someone who I think wants to run a higher position in politics someday. :lol: Though I like his attitude of being organized and his sense of leadership, I felt he has a tendency of being bossy (as what his name suggest) :P

By the way, Episode 0 with eng sub is now available online. Episodes with eng sub will be release every Friday. Just like Frozen Hormones before. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njX1uTEd4MU

I hope someone will not re-upload this since GTH already given this out to us for free. It's rare so we must respect it and not abuse it. 

Is anyone watching live, or are people waiting for subs now? My internet was bad during the first act, but now it's manageable.

growthh.jpg

EP.1 "Growth Hormone"

We open with Boss listening to the radio on his bicycle, so not only is the title first in English, but the first words this season are in English.

Zomzom gets yelled at by a teacher for riding a motorcycle with her legs spread open. She pulls up her skirt to shock the teacher and show that she's wearing shorts, too; this makes sure no one sees anything, she says. Her gang chases other people from "their table."

[my internet lagged]

We meet Non and his friends. First is sweaty but insists on hugging Non. He announces to Pala that the Running Club is accepting new people; Pala agrees to join. A basketball almost hits KNP; Non rushes to get it, apologizes to her. Later, SeeScape comes on the campus radio; KNP looks a bit affected. First sings loudly. Non notices KNP and gets First to shut up. Non and KNP exchange a nod after that. Non's thoughts and intentions are clear?

Oil gives Kanompang food she "brought back from her home in Uthai [another province]." She also gives her a book she made herself.

Rolex tells Phao that he could hurry to school. Phao wonders why. Rolex points out all the girls in the class, and they agree this is a pretty good reason. The conversation reveals that Phao has broken up with P'Mind (or rather been dumped). But he still has her photo on his phone. Rolex tells him he won't get over it if he keeps seeing that picture. "Oh wait, I get it. But she was your first, right?"

Dao and her mom in the car. Dao is happy to return to school, because this means she won't just be preparing for exams alone but will see her friends at school. She hasn't spoken to Koi. In fact, Koi went to Belgium to visit her mom and older brother.

They see a couple of girls appearing very close to one another. Long silence passes.

Koi gives Dao something, a gift. She's handing out Belgian chocolate. Dao says thanks. Nut (Kaopun) goes by. He exchanges looks wiith Koi. They are not together.

Koi has moved seats this year to sit with Elle instead of Dao.

Jane arrives late, listening to music. The discipline teacher catches her and tells her to stop being smart and get into her line. She doesn't know which one is hers. The principal announces student council president elections. It will teach them about the country's future and about the workings of democracy. He wants it to be done well, not just for fun.

Jelly wants to start a team. People around her love the idea. She approaches Boss. He says no thanks; he'll start his own team. As they leave, Jelly's friends make fun of Boss.

Ryo, Ae, and Sun wake up in a car. Ae wakes them up. It's already past 8am (they're already late). They hurry to get ready in the car. They have to throw their stuff over the fence and climb over to get in. Sun calls home and says he slept at a friend's last night.

Teacher Nanthiya introduces herself to the class (5/1). She says she will be their homeroom teacher. The teacher says how they are late on the first day. Sun says the teacher looks good today. She won't smile for him. The teacher asks Jane to stand up; she introduces her and her past, coming from new York, she'll be here the whole year. She talks about the student council president election. The teacher throws something at Sun for chatting with Jane. Sun gets yelled at: "Be a good example for your new friend!"

Jane: "Is this normal?"
Friend: "Yeah."
Jane nods sadly about the state of affairs, not about Sun, but the teacher's way of being a teacher.

First throws something he calls "Brian" at the girls. They scream at his prank.

Non and Boss clearly know each other already.

Boss: "Do you remember junior high? Bird?" He tells the story quite seriously. Boss wants to show that everyone can chane the school, anyone, average people. Ter tells him that working with lots of people might run into difficulties, though.

Boss: "What's Non like?"
Ter: "He likes to play around... Why do you ask?"

So they talk to him after. Non: "Me?" They want him on their team.

Boss then spots Kanompang and approaches her to get her involved, too.

Koi dumps into Net at the cafeteria. She says he's her dad's saviour. Net asks how her dad is, still running marathons? Koi forgot his name. He remembered hers. Koi asks if he's in the Running Club. Yes. Head of it? No or not yet. They continue talking or flirting.

Elle and Dao watch. Elle: "It's been long enough already not talking to her. You can try."

Boss: "You're new students here [or at least they're younger than him, and he's in Grade 11]. Is there anything you're wondering or concerned about? I can help you. Something small, something large. it's OK. I'm interested for the student council election."

One of them talks to him about his full schedule from waking up to going to bed. It's suggested that there should be reduced homework, they have been having to copy and cheat, it's too much. Boss writes it down and makes note.

In an office, he approaches Teacher Ping (!), who explains that this request is very difficult. How can all the teachers do this? If the teachers don't give HW, how is that showing they're serious?

Can they give an appropriate level of HW? Not too much or too little? Boss is trying hard to get across the precision of his request.

Ping says that they'd need to figure out if students are lazy or if the teachers give too much. It's hard to tell. It depends on one's viewpoint; one has to make a judgment and that's not so easy and obvious. He understands Boss' POV and the good thought behind it, but whether that is something someone else will understand or not is an open question.

Boss says that if it can't be ironed out as a point for the student council election, then he can pass it by.

Boss's assembled team is based on them being good students. One of them denies it outright (GPA 3.0, not 4.0!). He asks if they want to be a team or not. He's named their political party "Nadao The Next Gen".

Non is taking his picture. Boss wants his picture to be serious, not playing around, dedicated.

They get to work.

KNP gets a message from Oil: "Finished yet?" KNP forgot! Oil will just go home then, she texts. "Please don't be mad! I'm sorry." says KNP. Oil, outside the school, starts to walk sadly, dejectedly, home.

Meeting of Ter, Non, Boss. Boss is the party leader but he doesn't want to be the one to give the speech or presentation or to be the focus of attention. he doesn't want to be the frontman, just the leader. It's not that he's shy. He just doesn't want to. He wants to give the frontman job to Non. So Non goes around. He makes noise and grabs people's attention. He gets people involved, but they want to be on his "fanclub," some perhaps not interested in the political party.

KNP meets First and Pala. KNP gives them flyers. First says to Pala afterwards: "Isn't she cute!"

Ter to Boss: "Think it'll work?" (about Non) Boss is thinking...

Political party meeting in a classroom without Boss and Non. They ask KNP to close the door. Boss and Non weren't invited. Ter called the meeting, Ter says, without those two, because it might be better for Non to be leader instead of Boss. They'll get more votes.

One of them thinks it would be better not to do this. Is there another way? Boss created the party!

They discuss. One of them even says that Boss' goal to change the school is never going to happen.

KNP: "If we change leaders, it won't be fair. There'll need to be a discussion. Someone will feel really bad if they know about this."

Ter says he'll talk to Boss himself one more time about how this is going.

Boss with Ter alone. Boss: "It's not enough to have Non as the frontman?"

Ter: "The image of the party is attached to the leader... The presentation is coming soon and so on. Non will get more of a rise out of people..." He tries to convince Boss logically. They really do communicate logically together, but I don't think it's as equal as Boss says it is.

Boss is silent after Ter's explanation. Boss: "Ask the others first. If they're OK, then I'll be OK with it."

They hold a meeting with everyone present. Non is surprised at the proposal to make him party leader. Boss announces the reason for the meeting. He says he doesn't agree with the proposed change, but he puts it up to a vote. They vote en masse for Non to be leader. Boss will do stuff in the background, such as organization, research, planning. KNP asks Boss how he is with this; she is still concerned about that. Boss tells KNP that we have to respect one another and what people decide, he's OK with all this.

Non is still reacting to the turn of events. Non doesn't want this job still. He says in the end: "If you want me to be the leader, don't give up on each other!" One guy tries to comfort him. Non just says, "That's just making me more stressed about this."

Boss walks down the corridor and sees the "Nadao The Next Gen" (Team 1) poster with Non on it; Non is being silly in the photo. Boss gazes at it; he looks both sad and upset/angry.

Boss tells some people at a table that he's with Team 1. He then does his pitch asking if they can do anything and he can listen to their problems. Girl: "Oh, Team 1! I sooo cheer for you. Oh. Wait, you're on Team 1, too?" She doesn't recognize him at all.

Jelly comes into the cafeteria and does a dance/performance with her team. Everyone cheers. Boss is distracted the whole time.

Boss resumes his pitch: "Is there anything you'd like to change? I can hear you out."

Now Sun and Ae interrupt everyone to play an acoustic song, standing on tables in the cafeteria. Non is in on it. He becomes the singer, and Sun keeps playing the guitar. Poor Boss. But to get SeeScape to advertise for you is good strategy, Non. Agreed. ;)

Everyone is excited and cheers.

Boss is upset.

Afterwards, Non thanks Sun for the help. He watches KNP and Sun interact. The look on his face is one of interest himself but also of amusement. KNP comments on Sun's looks coming undone and brushes him a bit.

Non: "What's the deal with the two of you? Are you...?"

KNP: "Heh. No, we're not. I don't like playboys [like him]."

Boss and Non are comparing notes about a speech and promises and so on. Non looks over. He sees a list on Boss' phone. "Hey, 'reduce homework'? What's that?"

Boss: "Oh, I used to have that as a thought."

Everyone's attention is riveted on this. Boss explains that they must not use this promise. It's not clear. He talked to a teacher already. Non insists that this would be an awesome election promise.

Boss: "No! Our party will not promise things that are not certain." It's an outburst, him taking control, an order masked in strong but less direct language.

Non: "Everyone wants us to win. That's all. Don't be too serious."

Boss: "Sorry."

A guy: "That's OK..."

Ter looks displeased at Boss' outburst.

It's the day of the speeches.

Jelly promises things about various things, includes 15 min extra break at lunch to better digest food at so on. Boss comments on the impossibility of some of these promises.

Non takes the platform. Promise #1: "Green Nadao," one tree planted and taken care of per room. # 2 emphasizes recycling. #3: Free Space which the students can use themselves and make their own dreams come true.

No one is interested. Nobody cares. Non notices. He is losing the plot. Ter: "This isn't going to cut it."

People have totally lost interest in "Nadao The Next Gen."

Wow, it's really quiet.

Non makes the decision to talk about the too-much-homework talking point. He agitates everyone about this. It's too much, right? Everyone is getting into the speech. They say how true this problem is. Non promises an appropriate level of homework. Jelly looks uncomfortable. Boss is pissed off and looks spacey at the same time. Non wraps up his speech.

The team, after the speech, congratulates Non. Ter and the others talk while Non apologizes to Boss and asks if he's OK.

Boss: "I'm not OK, no. But forget about it. You already said it. We can't take it back."

Non: "I'm sorry, but I will try to make the promise come true. You don't need to get worried about it."

Boss: "Yeah."

They publicly count the votes one by one. Team 1 "Nadao The Next Gen" wins the election. They raise up Non on Pala's shoulders. Boss stands by himself while they celebrate.

Next time

Jane and the mistranslation, as we've seen before.

Net and Koi in a park. Net: "So, are you a lesbian? Is that the right word?" Koi: "Maybe." Net: "Have you never liked a guy?" Koi: "Well, there was a guy, we hung out, but that wasn't working." Net: "Well, how about I try, and we see how that turns out..?"

Dao sees them together at the foot of the stairs.

Dao and Koi on the rooftop, as we've seen before.

Dao offers Koi her pinky finger to make up.

Net offers Koi his hand (I guess as a promise about him trying and seeing how that works).

I know the episode just aired, but in the official eng sub announcement they said something about friday. Does that mean the sub will be out next friday? Or how long is it until it will be out? I haven't been following when GTH has uploaded other things subbed, so I don't know their usual schedule :sweatingbullets:

I'm not reading your recaps bencanuck since I don't want to spoil myself, but it's great you're doing them for those who want to read them!

I think different schools have slightly different systems. But in general, there are two major streams or plans.

1. Science (Wit). It focuses on math and all sciences and will have less classes on social studies and languages. This is usually divided into two plans (at least in my time).

1.1 Science with Biology. Like bencanuck said, this is the only path for all medical professions but the students can choose to enter almost any major in university as long as they can pass the admission exams. Since my parent generation, the stream tends to get the best students by far due to the opportunities it offers. The brightest students almost always choose this stream unless they are absolutely certain that they don't want to go for a medical profession. It would be surprising if a student like Kwan is NOT in this stream.

1.2 Science without Biology. The only difference is that Biology is replaced with something else. This stream is supposedly ideal for those who want to study engineering and architecture (another two popular and prestigious career choices in Thailand) but in practice they will find out that they have to compete with those in the Science with Biology program who want to divert their paths to engineering/architecture. In my school in my time, biology was replaced with architectural drawing, which gave students in this stream some advantages over others when they wanted to enter a major that required drawing as a test subject (such as architecture).

2. Arts (Sin). More classes on social studies and languages but few science classes. It is divided into two types.

2.1 Arts with Math. The students study as much math as those in the science streams but little science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology are usually merged into a single "science" class). This is supposedly ideal for people who want to study business administration and social sciences, but in practice the stream becomes the dumping place that has to take all students who can't enter the Science streams (imagine Hufflepuff House in Harry Potters). You wouldn't be so surprised to see Phai and his gang members in this stream. 

2.2 Arts with Language. Little science classes while math is generally absent and replaced with a third language that is not English (English is already included in all streams). The most popular languages have been French and German, but Chinese and Japanese are becoming more available and popular recently. Two other valid languages are Pali (the ancient Indian language used in Buddhist scriptures) and Arabic, but so far I haven't heard of any secular school offering them. The students can choose one of the liberal arts majors, communication or social science in university.

Generally speaking, the lower the classroom number, the smarter the students. But maybe students just choose to major in something else, too. It's not as if all the smart people in the world like STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) and Biology. So there's always that. But remarks like Ter's about Boss being a better student or Phao's about Phu being a better student pertain to the overall system. It might also now make sense why Sprite, despite being in a different classroom, can tutor Phai in maths, right?

:sweatingbullets:

Unfortunately, there is an unofficial but strong hierarchy regarding the different streams. Science with Biology is considered at the top of the food chain. The Arts streams are often considered less prestigious. In practice, the science students can divert their path to an Arts one quite easily, but the reversal is usually not possible for the Arts students.

In addition, some schools sort students into classes by their grades. Therefore, Classroom No.1 will have Science-Biology students with the highest grades. And so on.

Hey guys. I don't mean to go a little off topic. I mean I always did try to understand how the school system in the show went and I somewhat understood it as time went on. It makes me sad that The Arts are considered less prestigious. I love all types of arts? I'm not planning to go to Thailand anytime school but I'm currently trying to get my degree in Graphic Design. What category do you suppose I would be in if I were in Thai high school??

Jelly seems to be so extroverted, it's almost disturbing. She's got to have some sort of problem...  :blink:

I have this feeling that she's the type of girl that will want to talk to everyone even when the other person isn't in a good mood. I feel like she'll just talk and talk and talk and finally someone will just have to tell her to go away and she would be so confused as to why.

Hey guys. I don't mean to go a little off topic. I mean I always did try to understand how the school system in the show went and I somewhat understood it as time went on. It makes me sad that The Arts are considered less prestigious. I love all types of arts? I'm not planning to go to Thailand anytime school but I'm currently trying to get my degree in Graphic Design. What category do you suppose I would be in if I were in Thai high school??

Jelly seems to be so extroverted, it's almost disturbing. She's got to have some sort of problem...  :blink:

I have this feeling that she's the type of girl that will want to talk to everyone even when the other person isn't in a good mood. I feel like she'll just talk and talk and talk and finally someone will just have to tell her to go away and she would be so confused as to why.

there is no reason to choose other program if you can do well in science program. if you can't but you're good in studying foreign languages, you'd better choose art-language program. the art-math program is usually for students who don't excel in anything academically, or who don't have clear goals and not very good in studying.

generally, art program students are viewed as less diligent/attentive/clever. however, there are rarely different in students from last science classes to those from art classes.

for those with clear goals/talents there are specialty schools, e.g., chulaporn school (boarding school), mahidol college of music, sports schools etc.

being talkative doesn't correlate with being insensitive.

A basketball almost hits KNP; Non rushes to get it, apologizes to her. Later, SeeScape comes on the campus radio; KNP looks a bit affected. First sings loudly. Non notices KNP and gets First to shut up. Non and KNP exchange a nod after that. Non's thoughts and intentions are clear?

I think it is the song that Tar composed specifically for Toei, the one that led to the scene of Kanompang meeting Tar and Toei in the cafeteria. Tar asked Kanompang what she thought of the song. She gave him a somewhat vague answer. Kanompang might have known the song was meant for Toei but had to pretend to give a good comment. Poor girl.

They see a couple of girls appearing very close to one another. Long silence passes.

What an awkward situation for Dao and her mother!

Boss: "What's Non like?"
Ter: "He likes to play around... Why do you ask?"

So they talk to him after. Non: "Me?" They want him on their team.

Ter looks happy and keeps smiling when he talks about Non, while Non's drawing of Ter is the biggest and on top of other guys. Things rarely happen for no reason in Hormones. These could foreshadow something. Remember how Non's drawing of Thee immediately led Thee into kissing him and subsequently getting rejected? 

Boss: "You're new students here [or at least they're younger than him, and he's in Grade 11]. Is there anything you're wondering or concerned about? I can help you. Something small, something large. it's OK. I'm interested for the student council election."

One of them talks to him about his full schedule from waking up to going to bed. It's suggested that there should be reduced homework, they have been having to copy and cheat, it's too much. Boss writes it down and makes note.

Is the chubby boy who suggested less homework the same one who appeared in the first season as Win's biggest supporter?

Boss's assembled team is based on them being good students. One of them denies it outright (GPA 3.0, not 4.0!). He asks if they want to be a team or not. He's named their political party "Nadao The Next Gen".

Asides from Ter, Non and Kanompang, the other students in Boss's party are Por (boy with glasses who won an award for his short movie), Tong (the skinhead), Namwan (girl with 4.0 GPA for three semesters) and Je Krieng (the effeminate one - Je means "big sister"). All these names appear in the end credits.

Great recap P' Ben! This is one of the few things I like to be in this thread and I was able to keep up watching RAW last season. Sadly, I was not able to watch the episode live yesterday. I'll wait for the sub then or maybe watch it in LINE TV later just to keep up with the discussion. 

I know the episode just aired, but in the official eng sub announcement they said something about friday. Does that mean the sub will be out next friday? Or how long is it until it will be out? I haven't been following when GTH has uploaded other things subbed, so I don't know their usual schedule :sweatingbullets:

I'm not reading your recaps bencanuck since I don't want to spoil myself, but it's great you're doing them for those who want to read them!

The ENG SUB for the episode will be out every Friday (for Episode 1, we need to wait on Friday for it to be subbed) at 6PM Thai Time. 

someone found that the dates of birth given weren't random, it seriously matched each character. :blink:http://pantip.com/topic/34233167

according to astrology:

oil - she can't make many friends and submissive in the relationship, since the mercury was in poor position and neighbored by the sun, mars and saturn. she has wealthy family. the story took place in 2014, in which pluto visited pisces, her zodiac. she would face a crisis but jupiter was in supportive position and would help alleviate it.

kanompang - venus is very strong in her horoscope, hence she is obsessed with love and has artistic skill (sings well). venus was in good position and supported by moon and mercury. she would easily got love but it wouldn't end well as neptune was in cancer and the venus was aimed by pluto. the jupiter was in weak position, so she's loose on morality. that was how the controversial scene with tar happened.

dao - due to neptune lied close to venus, her love will be hidden and unconventional. she is the type that suppress her anger but may bursts out at one point because the mars was in "mahachakra" position. her mother is hostile to her life.

koy - she will be stressed by love and acquaintances. her neptune was in weak position, so she might or might not have unconventional love.

boss - his horoscoped hosted by jupiter, he would strongly hold onto his moral and wouldn't compromise. the mercury was in weak position, but not as bad as oil. he would have problem making or getting along with friends.

in 2014, Jupiter overlaid the moon in koy's horoscope. she would likely get a lover. dao's fate on romance wasn't good in that year though.

jane's fate is hosted by the sun. she values her pride. she's egocentric, short-tempered and independent. she goes along well with elder or foreign friends. her family is well-off.

Archived