[Movie 2015] The Accidental Detective 탐정: 더 비기닝

Go Seung Ji

Private Investigator / The Accidental Detective

• Movie: The Accidental Detective (English title) / Private Investigator: The Beginning (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Tamjung: Deo Bigining
  • Hangul: 탐정: 더 비기닝
  • Director: Kim Jung-Hoon
  • Writer: Kim Jung-Hoon
  • Producer:
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: September 24, 2015
  • Runtime:
  • Distributor: CJ Entertainment
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Dae-Man (Kwon Sang-Woo) is busy running a comic book store, website, taking care of a baby and solving murder cases. He gets the biggest kick from going to the police station and giving his opinion to detectives. Highly respected Detective No (Sung Dong-Il) at the police station can't stand Dae-Man.

One day, Dae-Man's friend and detective, Joon-Soo (Park Hae-Joon), is arrested for murder. To prove his innocence, Detective No teams up with Dae-Man. Meanwhile, a second murder takes place.

Notes

1. Original screenplay by Kim Jung-Hoon is the winner of the 8th Makdong Scenario Contest in 2006. 
  2. Filming began March 29, 2015 in South Korea and finished June 26, 2015

Cast

• Kwon Sang-Woo - Dae-Man
  • Sung Dong-Il - Detective No
  • Seo Young-Hee - Mi-Ok (Dae-Man's wife)
  • Park Hae-Joon - Joon-Soo

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Go Seung Ji, thank you for starting this thread...

Here's a bit more...

kwonsangwoo_129.jpg

• Here’s more casting news for Private Investigator: Seo Young-hee (Thrice-Married Woman) will play Kwon Sang-woo’s wife. She’s described as constantly squabbling with her husband; perhaps her husband’s antics as a bookstore-owner-turned-amateur-private-eye have her at wit’s end? [Osen]

Source: Dramabeans

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This movie looks like lots of fun....

Kwon Sang-woo Hopes to Please Moviegoers at Chuseok with New Comedy

Actor Kwon Sang-woo will return to the big screen with a comedy film scheduled for release just ahead of Chuseok or Korean Thanksgiving.

"Accidental Detective" revolves around the owner of a comic-book shop who becomes involved in a murder case.

His most recent Korean film, "Pained," released in 2011, attracted just 700,000 viewers. Since then, Kwon has appeared in three Chinese movies and a couple of Korean dramas.

Kwon Sang-woo

"Box-office success is important to actors. It means you haven't been forgotten. My biggest hit was 'My Tutor Friend,' which drew 5.2 million viewers when it was released in 2003, but that was more than a decade ago," he said.

Despite his many appearances in hit dramas, Kwon hasn't had much success in attracting moviegoers. "I'm eager for this film to do well, because it would give my confidence a boost and help me with acting. I also think now is the right time to take on new challenges, so I didn't hesitate to take on the role of a clumsy character," Kwon said.

"The film ultimately conveys the importance of family values," added Kwon, who has two children.

But he said he's still hoping for another action-filled role, as he wants to show a tough side of himself again.

source

• 2 weeks later...

"Accidental Detective" hits 2 million, possibility of a TV series?

photo641448.jpg

Actors kwon Sang-woo and Seong Dong-il's dual play is creating unexpected results. Therefore, it's possible there might be detective series coming up soon.

"Accidental Detective" has hit 2.1 million audiences since its release on the 24th of September. This was unexpected and on the 6th it even beat "The Throne" starring Song Kang-ho and Yoo Ah-in.

"Accidental Detective" has passed its breaking point and it's likely that it's making theater profits and even additional copyrights. Now there's the question of a sequel.

First, the main characters must be committed. kwon Sang-woo shows affection for "Accidental Detective" as he said, "I want to be a part of the sequel". He feels achievement from his comical act with his co-star Seong Dong-il.

The same can be said for Seong Dong-il. He said, "The director, kwon Sang-woo and myself have seven children in total. I hope we can all become good fathers thanks to the movie".

The movie was titled, "Detective" at first but the additional "The Beginning" was added later on. This noted the start of the movie and a possibility of a series later on.

The production team is going to talk about it after the movie is taken down from cinemas. If there is a sequel to "Accidental Detective", it might be the birth of another detective series after "Detective K".

source

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Child actor Hong Eun Taek took picture with Kwon Sang Woo for movie The Accidental Detective. 

So this kid got a scene with him. I thought KSW only got a baby in that movie. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

SEP 13 2017

Filming for movie “The Accidental Detective 2” finishes

DJl1JZeV4AAdfHY.jpg

Filming for sequel film “The Accidental Detective 2” finished September 11, 2017 and took about 3 months to complete. The movie will star Kwon Sang-Woo, Sung Dong-Il and Lee Kwang-Soo. Story for the sequel film will have Kang Dae-Man (Kwon Sang-Woo) selling his comic book store and opening a private eye detective agency without telling his wife. After filming the last scene for the movie, Kwon Sang-Woo stated “It was meaningful that I acted with actors and actresses from ‘The Accidental Detective.’ I think the movie will give new pleasure to the audience.” Movie is directed by Lee Eon-Hee.

“The Accidental Detective 2” opens sometime next year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-movies/filming-for-movie-the-accidental-detective-2-finishes

Archived