[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LavelyShai

[Drama 2014] The Spring Day of My Life/My Spring Day 내 생애 봄날

@mentrachan Ah, i'm not blaming the cast. It's just that the networks sometimes cave in for the netizens criticism of age gap for example when it concern their idols :P. I have higher hope for MBC though.

Guest mentrachan

Lunkera said: @mentrachan Ah, i'm not blaming the cast. It's just that the networks sometimes cave in for the netizens criticism of age gap for example when it concern their idols :P. I have higher hope for MBC though.

yes my two favorite are there sooyoung and one of my favorite actress yang jin sung  :x :x :x
really im going to watch this

We'll let the drama speak for itself. Sooyoung has gotten praise for her skills, She chose a medical drama as her first role, that says a lot for someone who has never had a lead role before then. Now this is a melodrama, not many idols would take on melos because it requires more than rom coms do. There will always be naysayers when it comes to idols and acting and Sooyoung isn't new to criticism especially surrounding her looks. We should be happy that there are no comments about her acting, which no one can deny that she has a future in. I think the concerns about the age difference are more legitimate than anything about her visuals. I don't mind the age difference though, she has amazing chemistry with older actors. I just hope we get more than one kiss scene in this one. 

Guest mentrachan

kimsoyeon18 said: yes my two favorite are there sooyoung and one of my favorite actress yang jin sung  :x :x :x
really im going to watch this

Guest vitmup

@mentrachan Hello, I love to see kiss scene too but I hope it's not happen between Sooyoung's character and Gam Woo Sung's character. Between them, maybe hug scene, that's enough LOLBut, pls make kiss scene with Lee Jun Hyuk =))

@mentrachanYes, Bride of the Century is so good! One of the best dramas I've seen yet. 
@vitmupWell Lee Jun Hyuk is second lead so maybe we'll get a forced kiss on his behalf, but I'm still hoping for an actual kiss between Sooyoung and Kam Woo Sung. They're both leads and she's proven she doesn't do the deer-in-the-headlights kiss scenes. It needs to happen and I'm pretty sure it will. I will fly to Korea if all we get a hug:-w

Guest vitmup

@LavelyShai: I don't know, I think the age gap between them is too big, so when they have kiss scenes, I always felt it was far-fetched and not natural. And with me, in this film, I think I don't need kiss scene between the leads, hug scene is enough

@vitmupI don't think their age gap should decide whether they have a kiss scene or not. If the situation requires it then I'd rather they do the kiss. I don't mind a hug IF the drama and scene call for it. She kissed Lee Jong Hyuk last year, he's 16 years older, so I think 4 more years isn't bad at all. But these are just my own thoughts :) More so than a kiss scene, I hope the script is good. I just want a good drama that doesn't fall apart towards the end. 

so glad that Yang Jin Sung is casted finally in a major role in an MBC drama. :)Honestly, she's the reason why I'll watch this drama. She's one of my favorite actress. She's great in Bride of the Century. :)I hope that she will have many exposures here. Hihihihih! ;))imagecan't wait for this drama to start! I'm so excited to see her acting again. :)

and about the age gap, it does not matter. remember Ji Jin Hee and Han Hyo Joo in Dong Yi? even their age gap is 16 years, they created chemistry! I hope it also happens with the main leads of this drama.
FIGHTING!  ;)

mianhaeyo. please allow me to post this. thanks. :D xDthere's a soompi thread of Yang Jin Sung. hope you'll join here too. :)http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023782/yang-jin-sung-%EC%96%91%EC%A7%84%EC%84%B1-in-my-spring-days/p1

As a Sooyoungster, I am freakin' excited for that drama. Not just because she is cast as main lead but the storyline looks really interesting. I have always loved the idea of cellular memory since I read Angel Heart of Tsukasa Hojo. It's such a fascinating phenomenon :) AND the other cast members are great too. I have never watched Kam Woo Sung's works before but I heard he is a really great actor and he is Sooyoung's favorite movie star so it's all good to me. I have watched City Hunter and Lee Jun Hyuk made such a huge impression on me that I feel relieved and sad that he is the second male lead XD. And I saw Yang Jin Sung in the earlier episodes of Secret. I haven't watched Bride of the Century but I heard a lot of good reviews from her performance so I am all good too with her.However, I do have a lot of concerns too ...
After she did two cable dramas, I always wanted her to appear on national television because ratings are better and so is the recognition. HOWEVER, I would have never imagined that she would be offered the main lead role because if you compare her to Yoona, her popularity and recogntion as an actress are much lower, even though SNSD is a brand that holds a lot of power and importance in the entertainment industry. So I understand people geniunely worried about her getting a main lead role for her first national brodcast drama ESPECIALLY if those people have never watched her acting before BUT it doesn't mean that I can excuse those racist, mean and trashy comments toward her.Anyway, it's still a great opportunity for her because she will showcase her acting skills and proove that not all SM idols are failure when it comes to acting.
For the ratings, I think all of us have low expectations. As much as I am disgusted by netizens, I can understand their concerns over ratings. SM produced dramas have all failed in ratings and most of their idols get low reviews for their performances and dramas' ratings. So yeah, there is that obvious so called "SM curse".Plus, as talented as the cast members are, none of them are the "hot item" nowadays. Y'know, those kind of celebrities who are making buzz and are obviously going to attract viewers ? It's true that Sooyoung is a SNSD's member but even Yoona who is the most popular member doesn't have decent ratings for her dramas., Kam Woo Sung is a well-respected actor but it has been 3 years since his last project, Lee Jun Hyuk just got out of the army and even though she earned good reviews and recogntion, I don't think Yang Jin Sung earned a massive fandom. I am not bashing them at all but I am just being realistic.And moreover, nowadays, KDramaland's ratings suck so bad. Dr Stranger and You Are Surrounded were number 1 in their timeslot but their average ratings were of 10-11% which is good because it's double digit but bad because if you compare to previous years, those ratings would be considered "floppy". Big names don't even attract viewers so I fear for less known names. 
That's why a good script is really really important. That and the performances of the actors obviously because the two can't really be separated. If the performance is good but the storyline suck, it's a big turn off and if the storyline is good but the performance sucks, it's a big turn off too. (obviously, there are exceptions like The Heirs but it's a different topic so let's skip it)Like, ratings are good but there are a lot of dramas out there which have low/mediocre/decent ratings but are considered really really good like King2Heart/Miss Korea/Two Weeks ... etc. So yeap', if expectations are low for the ratings, they should focus on the quality of the storyline because if it's really good, people will tune it no matter what. There are a lot of dramas which started with low expectations and ratings but because the storyline was good, they attracted and attracted viewers and became smashing hit (I can hear your voice) I just hope that the drama ain't going to be messed up like Mirae's Choice. I just can't forget what they did to it. I had such high hopes for the couples, especially Se Joon and Yoo Kyung and it was all for nothing ... (sobs).
To conclude (because I really wrote too much as usual), I am going to pray so hard for this drama not because it's a Sooyoung's project but because I feel I am really going to love it.Thanks to anyone for the cuts/stills/pictures/informations. I am so craving for it lol.So, Bomi is the daughter of the director of the hospital ? So, it's not the usual poor woman vs rich man ? Thank God (however, I feel anxious because if it's true, I feel like at the middle of the drama, we are going to learn that the director/Chairman used her influence and power to get the heart for her daughter which will result in lots of dramas but yeap')

I agree with everything you said @asiiatdu82. I only understand the concerns about the ratings and whether or not Sooyoung can help carry this drama along with Kam Woo Sung. I know she's a good actress, but like you I have my concerns since this is a national station and not a cable network. It's added pressure especially due to him being a veteran actor & SM's "curse" (I personally don't think it exists, but that's me). I have no worries in this section since all the leads are good. My main worry is the story line and I am hoping it doesn't end up taking us in circles and having unnecessary villains. The plot has that twist which I am very interested in. The cellular memory thing has intrigued me so I wonder how the writer plans to incorporate that into the overall story line. As much as I am not one to really pay attention to ratings, I just hope it at least achieves 10%

The only thing i'm worried about right now is Kam Woosung's height! His profile puts him at 174-5cm Sooyoung is 170++cm. Sooyoung won't get to wear pretty heels!! I'm mad enough they cut her bangs! Does anyone know what Kam Woosung looks like these days? The latest pic i've seen of him was from 2011.

Anyway the only thing i'm hoping for is lots and lots of crying and angst. I hope Sooyoung's character is not that nosy annoying girl like in Cyrano. She better make me cry like a baby!

By the way this is one of the actresses who will be playing Dongha's daughters shes like 9 years younger than Sooyoung lol. I can already see she's either gonna be a really spoiled brat that's gonna hate Bomi's guts or the opposite she's gonna love Bomi cause she reminds her of her mum.

@jibjibjibHave you seen 3rd Hospital? She did really well there especially with the emotional scenes she had. I cried with her. Oh she was sick in that drama too, well she just likes medical dramas lol Lmao I wonder why they gave her bangs? Well at least her hair isn't all curly like it was for her last drama although i know why it was needed. 
Btw where did you read that Hyun Seung Min would play Kam Woo Sung's daughter?

@LavelyShai I'm a Sooyoung fan lol i've seen 3rd hospital hehe. I still remember that one crying scene where she cries while laying down with Oh Jiho in a tent i cried so many times :( Her crying is really her best skill and i've always wished for her to take a melodrama for her next project. So i'm really happy with this drama so far. Do you remember like in 2011 ish she was offered a doctor role for that tvchosun drama that never happened i think she watches Grey's Anatomy too much~

Got it from news article here. The article is about her getting signed on to a new management company but also mentions that she just got casted as the role of Kam Woosung's daughter for the drama.

@jibjibjibYes, that tent scene was heartbreaking :( I cried buckets during that drama. I feel like she's different when it comes to many idol actors because she chose to take up a melo in her first drama instead of a rom com which became her second drama. I'm glad she's doing a melo again, she does this genre well. I remember reading somewhere that she was offered a role in a drama around that time, but didn't know what happened. 
Oh darn it's in Korean :( Hopefully it's translated somewhere

Sooyoung's filming in a kitchen today. Can't see her in the pics tho. I think she's cooking those things she bought at the market the other day lol

927735_268137430048820_959853989_n.jpg
link

10549693_857956317566453_493895989_n.jpg
link

t8Ilsnn.jpg

Guest vitmup

@LavelyShai
I don't said the age gap decide, I only said because of their age gap, so I can't feel it naturally and it follow my opinion too ^^. Of course a melodrama should has romance scenes, but not forced required, maybe less kiss scenes or no kiss scene but they can have another way with romantic scenes, it still awesome. 

And, I agree with you, we need a tight and good script, the character's personality interesting. Of course before the drama on air, we expect high ratings but at this time, I think we need good script more than the ratings. And hope the cast do their job well, receive praise from viewer and  professionals.
P.S. With Lee Jong Hyuk, I don't like the kiss scene too, of course it's only my own opinion :)

@vitmupI fully understand you, I don't want things to feel forced because that can take away the feel and romance of the scene, but if it can happen naturally & flow within the drama then I would like to see it happen. In the drama they will be two consenting adults who happen to fall in love, couple kiss and we should at least get one good one before the drama ends. I don't mind hugs or other ways of being romantic, but these shouldn't replace something like a kiss when a scene calls for it.
Yes, above all, I want a really good script. The acting part is okay since i know all of the leads are good, but a bad script can't always save great acting. Let's just hope the writer doesn't drop the ball and give us some sloppy story. I wouldn't mind mediocre ratings if the writing is really good. 
PS: Hahaha I actually liked, I was mad it happened in the final scene. The entire time I was hoping for a kiss and we got in the last few seconds of the finale. Then again, I was also hoping she'd get to kiss Lee Chun Hee :P I guess I don't really care about the age gap, I am enjoying the fact that she gets paired with more mature actors. It can help her acting in the long run.