[Drama 2014] The Spring Day of My Life/My Spring Day 내 생애 봄날

Admin

so glad that Yang Jin Sung is casted finally in a major role in an MBC drama. :)Honestly, she's the reason why I'll watch this drama. She's one of my favorite actress. She's great in Bride of the Century. :)I hope that she will have many exposures here. Hihihihih! ;))imagecan't wait for this drama to start! I'm so excited to see her acting again. :)

and about the age gap, it does not matter. remember Ji Jin Hee and Han Hyo Joo in Dong Yi? even their age gap is 16 years, they created chemistry! I hope it also happens with the main leads of this drama.
FIGHTING!  ;)

mianhaeyo. please allow me to post this. thanks. :D xDthere's a soompi thread of Yang Jin Sung. hope you'll join here too. :)http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023782/yang-jin-sung-%EC%96%91%EC%A7%84%EC%84%B1-in-my-spring-days/p1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Sooyoungster, I am freakin' excited for that drama. Not just because she is cast as main lead but the storyline looks really interesting. I have always loved the idea of cellular memory since I read Angel Heart of Tsukasa Hojo. It's such a fascinating phenomenon :) AND the other cast members are great too. I have never watched Kam Woo Sung's works before but I heard he is a really great actor and he is Sooyoung's favorite movie star so it's all good to me. I have watched City Hunter and Lee Jun Hyuk made such a huge impression on me that I feel relieved and sad that he is the second male lead XD. And I saw Yang Jin Sung in the earlier episodes of Secret. I haven't watched Bride of the Century but I heard a lot of good reviews from her performance so I am all good too with her.However, I do have a lot of concerns too ...
After she did two cable dramas, I always wanted her to appear on national television because ratings are better and so is the recognition. HOWEVER, I would have never imagined that she would be offered the main lead role because if you compare her to Yoona, her popularity and recogntion as an actress are much lower, even though SNSD is a brand that holds a lot of power and importance in the entertainment industry. So I understand people geniunely worried about her getting a main lead role for her first national brodcast drama ESPECIALLY if those people have never watched her acting before BUT it doesn't mean that I can excuse those racist, mean and trashy comments toward her.Anyway, it's still a great opportunity for her because she will showcase her acting skills and proove that not all SM idols are failure when it comes to acting.
For the ratings, I think all of us have low expectations. As much as I am disgusted by netizens, I can understand their concerns over ratings. SM produced dramas have all failed in ratings and most of their idols get low reviews for their performances and dramas' ratings. So yeah, there is that obvious so called "SM curse".Plus, as talented as the cast members are, none of them are the "hot item" nowadays. Y'know, those kind of celebrities who are making buzz and are obviously going to attract viewers ? It's true that Sooyoung is a SNSD's member but even Yoona who is the most popular member doesn't have decent ratings for her dramas., Kam Woo Sung is a well-respected actor but it has been 3 years since his last project, Lee Jun Hyuk just got out of the army and even though she earned good reviews and recogntion, I don't think Yang Jin Sung earned a massive fandom. I am not bashing them at all but I am just being realistic.And moreover, nowadays, KDramaland's ratings suck so bad. Dr Stranger and You Are Surrounded were number 1 in their timeslot but their average ratings were of 10-11% which is good because it's double digit but bad because if you compare to previous years, those ratings would be considered "floppy". Big names don't even attract viewers so I fear for less known names. 
That's why a good script is really really important. That and the performances of the actors obviously because the two can't really be separated. If the performance is good but the storyline suck, it's a big turn off and if the storyline is good but the performance sucks, it's a big turn off too. (obviously, there are exceptions like The Heirs but it's a different topic so let's skip it)Like, ratings are good but there are a lot of dramas out there which have low/mediocre/decent ratings but are considered really really good like King2Heart/Miss Korea/Two Weeks ... etc. So yeap', if expectations are low for the ratings, they should focus on the quality of the storyline because if it's really good, people will tune it no matter what. There are a lot of dramas which started with low expectations and ratings but because the storyline was good, they attracted and attracted viewers and became smashing hit (I can hear your voice) I just hope that the drama ain't going to be messed up like Mirae's Choice. I just can't forget what they did to it. I had such high hopes for the couples, especially Se Joon and Yoo Kyung and it was all for nothing ... (sobs).
To conclude (because I really wrote too much as usual), I am going to pray so hard for this drama not because it's a Sooyoung's project but because I feel I am really going to love it.Thanks to anyone for the cuts/stills/pictures/informations. I am so craving for it lol.So, Bomi is the daughter of the director of the hospital ? So, it's not the usual poor woman vs rich man ? Thank God (however, I feel anxious because if it's true, I feel like at the middle of the drama, we are going to learn that the director/Chairman used her influence and power to get the heart for her daughter which will result in lots of dramas but yeap')

The only thing i'm worried about right now is Kam Woosung's height! His profile puts him at 174-5cm Sooyoung is 170++cm. Sooyoung won't get to wear pretty heels!! I'm mad enough they cut her bangs! Does anyone know what Kam Woosung looks like these days? The latest pic i've seen of him was from 2011.

Anyway the only thing i'm hoping for is lots and lots of crying and angst. I hope Sooyoung's character is not that nosy annoying girl like in Cyrano. She better make me cry like a baby!

By the way this is one of the actresses who will be playing Dongha's daughters shes like 9 years younger than Sooyoung lol. I can already see she's either gonna be a really spoiled brat that's gonna hate Bomi's guts or the opposite she's gonna love Bomi cause she reminds her of her mum.

@LavelyShai I'm a Sooyoung fan lol i've seen 3rd hospital hehe. I still remember that one crying scene where she cries while laying down with Oh Jiho in a tent i cried so many times :( Her crying is really her best skill and i've always wished for her to take a melodrama for her next project. So i'm really happy with this drama so far. Do you remember like in 2011 ish she was offered a doctor role for that tvchosun drama that never happened i think she watches Grey's Anatomy too much~

Got it from news article here. The article is about her getting signed on to a new management company but also mentions that she just got casted as the role of Kam Woosung's daughter for the drama.

Guest vitmup

@LavelyShai
I don't said the age gap decide, I only said because of their age gap, so I can't feel it naturally and it follow my opinion too ^^. Of course a melodrama should has romance scenes, but not forced required, maybe less kiss scenes or no kiss scene but they can have another way with romantic scenes, it still awesome. 

And, I agree with you, we need a tight and good script, the character's personality interesting. Of course before the drama on air, we expect high ratings but at this time, I think we need good script more than the ratings. And hope the cast do their job well, receive praise from viewer and  professionals.
P.S. With Lee Jong Hyuk, I don't like the kiss scene too, of course it's only my own opinion :)

Guest vitmup

@LavelyShai :) I have a faith in the casts acting skill. Maybe I will change my mind after see them together?
More pics from 190714 filming
JVPpHvc.jpg Wb2PSwS.jpg
SP4OwnQ.jpgMMkqQZE.jpg

Cr: http://m.blog.naver.com/kkooty/220067985463reup by me

I just hope she isn't going to have her hair tied during the whole drama because it reminds me so much of her hairstyle in Cyrano and it's just ... (goosebumps). No seriously, she looks cute that way but I prefer her hair down like a thousand times more :)

Guest mentrachan

asiiatdu82 said: I just hope she isn't going to have her hair tied during the whole drama because it reminds me so much of her hairstyle in Cyrano and it's just ... (goosebumps). No seriously, she looks cute that way but I prefer her hair down like a thousand times more :)

Oooh looks like the role of Bae Jiwon might be changing actresses. News are coming out saying Jang Shinyoung might be doing it. That means Yang Jinsung is out? Jang Shinyoung side hasn't confirm says they're looking at it positively~
link and link

Also about Bomi's mum i don't think it's Jung Aeri. From the articles i read they never mentioned her role in the drama can u guys link me where they say she plays Bomi's mum? TVreport is saying Shim Hyejin will be taking that role. Awhile back i saw a rumour list of side characters it had Shim Hyejins name as Bomi's mother. So i think Jung Aeri might be another character.
link

Guest mentrachan

jibjibjib said: Oooh looks like the role of Bae Jiwon might be changing actresses. News are coming out saying Jang Shinyoung might be doing it. That means Yang Jinsung is out? Jang Shinyoung side hasn't confirm says they're looking at it positively~
link and link

Also about Bomi's mum i don't think it's Jung Aeri. From the articles i read they never mentioned her role in the drama can u guys link me where they say she plays Bomi's mum? TVreport is saying Shim Hyejin will be taking that role. Awhile back i saw a rumour list of side characters it had Shim Hyejins name as Bomi's mother. So i think Jung Aeri might be another character.
link

Jung Aeri was never stated as Bomi's mum anywhere I dunno why people keep saying that. The only source for Jung Aeri related with this drama was an article about her divorce and mentioning she was in the middle of filming for this drama but no other confirmation was released about it. And now i can't even find that article anymore. I've seen Shim Hyejins name mentioned weeks before so with that article from tvreport i think its pretty much confirmed. Her character name is Jo Myunghee described as very ambitious and is willing to do anything  for success.

This is just a minor casting bump don't worry lol Ironman and Song For You havent even confirmed casting of their leads i think this drama is doing fine.

Original source for that filming pic is here http://blog.naver.com/cara2191/220071923893
Shes filming at a meat mart in Paju. Dongha's hanwoo beef mart (하누라온).
Gw4KX4G.jpg

Archived