[Upcoming Chinese/Korean Movie 2014] Doctor Stranger (based on the Korean drama under the same name)

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

Park Hae Jin

d4yuiA8.jpg

Pictures come from here: http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=474349

I used Google translate and it said something about his last filming or something. Sorry, that's about all I can get and I don't want to post what Google translates because it is funny. lol.

While waiting for the C-Movie version, some updates on PHJ:
Back in 2011, Park Hae Jin starred in some Chinese series, so it seems that the Chinese audience is already familiar with him. Being quite a fashionista as some articles may have reported, the popularity of his role in Doctor Stranger and his endorsement projects in China has paved his way to launch his first fashion show with Chinese fashion designer Mark Chang. To read more, halves at unison has written a nice article about Park Hae Jin and his fashion debut in soompi HERE  park-hae-jin-3_zpsd6989c52.pngPicture credits to halves at unison at soompi
Thoughts for now on the C-Movie:Although I’m not a big fan of dubbed movies, as in my view it kinda loses some of its originality in terms of expressiveness, but this particular project piques my curiosity. Trimming it from 20 episodes to 120 minutes, would undubbed footages be able to flow well to create a movie version? Guess it may make some sense to dub it, as there will be a platform to redo some of the script to create a better flow in the storyline. It’s interesting enough for me to keep a look out for its premier later this year ;))

Guest sunshine4ever

@yeonana, thanks so much for always updating us!!!

I forgot to post this, but this is an update on what PD Jin Hyuk talked about how he will try to focus on first love in the movie. Here is the blog to read more about the movie's plan: Dr.Stranger Wraps Additional Filming and Preps for C-Movie with Emphasis on The First Love Romance  by koalasplayground

Hai everyone,

It's so nice here. Emphasis on the First Love Romance (I see as The Only One Romance), yes please. We may see Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee grew up together. Which means @ucylucy you must very happy see a cute kid Seo Ji Hee as Song Jae Hae child part and Goo Seung Hyun as Park Hoon child part. See their very deep bond connectedness. How they become adult which portrayed by Lee Jong Suk and Jin Se Yun. Absolutely great news for us. :\">

Can we see how Han Jae Joon meets Oh Soo Hyun or otherwise. How they become a couple?   :-B

Minimize love triangle. Pray very hard not another shipping war will happen again. Please minimize the heartache and headache. Our mind, heart and soul should be in peace mode. [-O<

Song Jae Hee/Han Seung Hee as Cha woman. OH MY, keep remembering a fan fiction written by @djappleblush and @muizzupr  :D

The main push factor of the Doctor Stranger C-movie will be Park Hae Jin vs Lee Jong Suk means Doctor Han Jae Jon vs Doctor Park Hoon. To be honest, really hope they mention about competition a little as they can. There are certain scene made my stomach feel wrong. Obviously it's not butterflies in my stomach. It involves a patient's life. Human life is not an object or a disposable item. It's okay to see Doctor Park Hoon and Doctor Han Jae Jon surgical skill. :)>-
Just like Doctor Han Jae Joon said in episode 7 DS drama:
a_zpsa2e54c19.jpg
b_zps438ec735.jpg
Well Doctor Han Jae Jon secretly excited about the match and he wins the competition. Mr President chooses Doctor Park Hoon because Doctor Park Hoon passion for saving patient life also the only one successfully doing SAVER surgery.  :\">

Later in this year. When? December, November, October, September or early month.

Wish someone or anyone kindly tell us about additional intro and ending of a Doctor Stranger C-Movie.
Thanks for everyone here post news, picture, honest opinion and anything related to this thread. Special thanks for you @sunshine4ever to creating and opening this thread.  :x :x :x :x

anoosha

said: I hope The Movie version will have another big Tongue involved kissing between Jae Hee and Park Hoon.Their Kissing skills is just too good not to be used again! Maybe even some Bed scenes,If Possible! LOL I want Jae Hee and Park Hoon kissing and SkinShip. Their kissing is so Hot!

It seems we can look forward to promotional activities for more updates on DS C-Movie. Not too sure when it'll start, but hopefully soon ;)
Here's a brief interpretation of one part of the original article released today:
The drama director said: "After filming the TV drama version, we will be adding scenes for the film version. The decision to release a film version was because of an invitation initiated by China’s side. We have already communicated to the screenwriter and actors, and have increased one episode of fees to shoot the required scenes for the movie version. Before the movie’s release in China, there should be various promotional activities. Hope the Chinese audience will show lots of support.”
Original Source in Chinese : HERE

From the BTS of the additional filming of DS movie version, we see that there will be scenes of Mr Zhang, who played Jae Joon’s friend in the drama. Was thinking that perhaps the additional scenes in the movie were added for the interest of the Chinese audience, so thought it might be interesting to know a little more about this Mr Zhang (his character name in DS) or Zhang Liang (his stage name). And wow… his biodata is long and he sure has a huge local fan base. 
Very Briefly About Zhang LiangStarting his professional modelling career in 2004, Zhang Liang is a famous Chinese model and actor from China. He is the first male model in China to walk down the stages at the Milan Fashion Week, and has also many local and international modelling achievements, local endorsements, reality shows and film gigs down his sleeves. 

W020131206330413270794_zps4af57837.jpg
In 2013, he appeared on a popular local parenting reality show with his son, and has since been named as “National God” and “China’s Good Daddy” by the local audiences. After only 4 episodes of the programme being aired, his weibo followers increased from 110,000 to 2.2 million, and has now grown to over 20 million followers. 
Original source in Chinese : HEREImage Cr: tianjinwe.com
EDIT: Note that the image posted is not related to DS drama or movie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm super super curious about this.  The thing I hated the most about DS was all of the running around the hospital looking for each other.  It drove me absolutely crazy.  I'm really curious how it will end.  Will they keep the surgery with the babies?  It was so poignant!  Loved that whole part!  But that's my opinion.  They'll dub the scenes.  I hate that!  Dubbing ruins the whole thing!  I am really curious about this though.

• 1 month later...

CHINESE MOVIE ADAPTED FROM K-DRAMA “DOCTOR STRANGER” TO POSTPONE SCREENING PREMIERE

Back in July, it was reported that a Chinese version of SBS 2014 hit drama “Doctor Stranger” would be released in China in late 2014. However, news has it from the same Korean news source that the production crew will postpone its movie premiere to next year, 2015.

Earlier today, Korean news site Ilgan Sports posted their article stating that the Chinese movie is expected to be showing on theater screens in February 2015, but later they edited their article and only reported that the projected premiere is in 2015.

Original actors from the Korean version of “Doctor Stranger”, Park Haejin and Lee Jongsuk, have been cast for the Chinese movie as well. They will be working hand in hand with Chinese model Zhang Liang in the movie.

The Chinese movie adaptation will differ from the original Korean drama, in terms of its themes, characters, and scenarios, although Park Haejin and Lee Jongsuk are included as part of the cast.

The filming of the movie has ended and the production crew is now in the midst of doing post-editing processing. Considering that editing works requires time and looking at the situation of the Chinese movie market in late 2014, the production crew have decided to postpone the movie screening of this120-minute film to next year.

In other news, both Lee Jongsuk and Park Haejin are being considered for a joint Korean-Chinese variety show, announced by a Chinese CCTV official.

Source: http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/100011705045/chinese-movie-adapted-from-k-drama-doctor-stranger-to

• 3 months later...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Movie Version Of “Doctor Stranger” Might Be Canceled despite All the Pre-Preparationdoctor-stranger-poster.jpg

The movie version of SBS’s “Doctor Stranger” seems to be at risk of being canceled.

Donga.com reported that despite the drama being re-filmed as a movie version after its ending in July, the movie has not been released. Even the actors are uncertain of the situation, though they have made the extra effort to film additional scenes.

A representative of one of the actors said, “We proceeded the filming with opening in Chinese theaters as our goal. However, we haven’t even seen a pre-edited version yet.”

“Will this movie even be released,” a representative of another actor asked with exasperation. “Though we were told the movie would open in theaters around the holidays, nothing has happened whatsoever. I do not understand why we even went through re-filming.”

Last June, during a press conference, producer Jin Hyuk said, “A 120 minute long movie of ‘Doctor Stranger’ will be made. It will mainly be focused on the melodramatic scenes.”

After the end of the drama, the actors got back together to film scenes for the intro and ending of the movie. Though a significant amount of time has passed since then, producer Jin Hyuk has not released any output. He is currently filming the Chinese drama “Secret Society of Men—Friends” with actor Park Hae Jin.

SBS is as flustered like other actors at the news that the movie may possibly be canceled.

“I know that the production of the Chinese version of “Doctor Stranger” has been canceled,” a SBS representative said. “I haven’t heard any news of the movie version. We will have to check on its process as soon as possible.” The representative added, “I wasn’t even aware of its re-filming.”

Meanwhile, “Doctor Stranger” was a popular drama that tells the story of two brilliant doctors fighting a dark conspiracy, featuring actors like Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin, Kang Sora, and Jin Se Yeon.

Source (1)

cr : http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/25/movie-version-of-doctor-stranger-might-be-canceled-despite-all-the-pre-preparation/

Archived