[Mainland Chinese Drama 2014] Boss & Me 杉杉來了(杉杉來吃)

sugarplum892

"Take a good look, am I the type that you like?...""Xu Shan Shan, let's give us a chance."%E6%9D%89%E6%9D%89%E6%9D%A5%E5%90%83.jpg

Details:

Title:  杉杉來了(杉杉來吃) / Shan Shan Lai Le (Shan Shan Lai Chi)
English title: Boss & Me
Genre: Drama, Modern, Comedy, Romance

Director: Liú Jùn Jié (My Sunshine 何以笙箫默)

Novel: Come and Eat, Shan Shan (杉杉來吃) by Gu Man (顧漫) (Novel Translation here!)

Episodes: 34
Broadcast Period: July 8, 2014 - July 20, 2014

Cast:

Zanilia Zhao Li Ying (趙麗穎) as Feng Teng (封騰)

Han Chang (張翰) as Xu Shan Shan (薛杉杉)

Huang Ming (黃明) as Zheng Qi (鄭棋)

Lvy Li (李呈媛) as Yuan Li Shu (元麗抒)

Zhang Yang Guo Er (張楊果而) as Feng Yue (封月)

Bai Ke Li (百克力) as Yan Qing (言清)

Wang Ding (王汀) as Lu Shuang Yi (陸雙宜)
Shi An Ni (石安妮) as Xue Liu Liu (薛柳柳)
Li Fang Ding (李方丁) as Zhou Xiao Wei (周曉薇)
Cui Xuan (崔永炫) as Du Fan (杜繁)

Chái Hào Wěi as You Cheng Hao (游承浩)

Synopsis:

A kind hearted young girl named Xue Shan Shan (Zhao Li Ying) works at a big conglomerate. However one of her weaknesses is eating, she loves to eat, and so upon discovering this her boss, Feng Teng (Zhang Han) decides to intentionally fatten her up; she just so happens to share the same blood type as his sister, and thus has

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

the motive of making her the blood donor. Hence comedy ensues as she melts his heart with her exceptional appetite and her cute charm.

Raw Trailer:

OSTs:

Opening Theme: Han Chang (張翰) - The Wind's Promise 風之諾言

Ending Theme: He Jie (何潔) - Involuntary 身不由己

Dish Band (Dish 乐队) - Ou Ran 偶然 Accidental 

Gao Shan (高珊) - Roll the Dice

Viewership Ratings:

Episode 1-3 (July 8, 2014): 1.045
Episode 4-6 (July 9, 2014): 1.127
Episode 7-9 (July 10, 2014): 1.330
Episode 10-12 (July 11, 2014): 1.427
Episode 13-14 (July 12, 2014): 1.062
Episode 15-16 (July 13, 2014): 1.368
Episode 17-19 (July 14, 2014): 1.381
Episode 20-22 (July 15, 2014): 1.466

Episode 23-25 (July 16, 2014): 1.650
Episode 26-28 (July 17, 2014): 1.767
Episode 29-31 (July 18, 2014): 1.725
Episode 32-33 (July 19, 2014): 1.575
Episode 34 (July 20, 2014): 1.157
Average Ratings: 1.440
Additional Links:
Boss & Me 杉杉來了(杉杉來吃) Viki English Subbed Episodes
Boss & Me 杉杉來了(杉杉來吃) Raw Episodes Online Streaming
Boss & Me 杉杉來了(杉杉來吃) Episode Recaps
Boss & Me 杉杉來吃 Novel Translation

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. ZLY does steal the show with her innocent, carefree and often silly character shan shan. I like how in this drama there is humour but also some heart tugging moments. Zhang Han's acting has also improved from his previous works, so that's a bonus. 

Just finished watching episode 28, can't wait to re-watch the whole episode again.  

The storyline of this drama is very heart warming, Zhao Li Ying "Shan Shan" innocent and bubbly act is very cute.

I like her in "Legend of Lu Zhen", thanks to my friend introduced me to watch that drama.

I don't know Zhang Han, but his cool and poker face in this drama fit in very well to be the "Boss"

;) 

Zhang Han originally starred in the Chinese remake of 'Meteor Garden' called 'Meteor Shower' - Korean 'Boys Over Flowers'. It was his first acting job I believe after being on a Chinese music competition and therefore his "acting" was still quite "young". Plus the rest of the show package wasn't great and therefore I think that image stuck with him somewhat over the years. He has improved a lot in this show, which is something a lot of people are saying online. I kind of wish that he was not as skinny as I think he would have more presence, but overall I'm pretty happy with his performance in this show.
I watched Legend of Lu Zhen as well. The start of that show was awesome, then it became a little dragged out. :)
I, too, watched episodes 26-28 last night and enjoyed them. Looking forward to the next few episodes. I hope ShanShan steps up more and stops feeling inferior all the time. The show is nearly at the end, I'm confident it'll be a happy ending.
Speaking of ending, I tried reading the novel online to find out the end, but it appears that the drama and novel are different in length as some of the events that have happened in the show did not appear in the novel. (That or maybe I missed something as I skimmed read it). :)

Watched about 10 episodes so far and is pleasantly surprised by how lovely it is. I love the BGM used, especially the English song. I like Zhang Han and Zhao Li Ying, ZLY is especially cute as Shan Shan and I love all of her boots, her sweaters, her outfits in this drama. I never had good impression towards China's modern dramas as the plot tend to be very messy and they like to drag but 33 episode with around 35min per episode is just right and the pacing so far have been great. C-dramas improved so much over the years, it can be seen from their production.
Shan Shan & Boss is soooooo adorable together, they make my day. Gu Man's novels are really sweet without overpowering angst, I recently just finished her 何以笙簫默 and that made me wanna check out the original novel of this drama.

I totally agreed and hoping Shan Shan stops feeling inferior all the time, I am a bit annoying by her insecurity, belittle towards herself and lack of trust to Her love one - the "Boss"

I wasn't a fan of Chinese Drama myself, includes drama from HKG and Taiwan,  but this drama dose change my impression towards China modern drama.

Zhang Han sang the theme song, pretty Good, he got a good voice.

Look forward to see the ending,  definitely will re-watch again

In the last few episodes, Shan Shan has finally grown up! One more day to the ending!
Yeah, the music in the drama are pretty good. Zhang Han's theme song was pretty decent. I also like the ending song by He Jie. 何以笙簫默 was a good read. I have it still on my phone as an audiobook and it's coming out soon as a drama.

I haven't read the original novel so I don't how close the drama sticks to it but I feel the overall vibe is very romance-novel like, especially with the way the female lead always think too much and misunderstands boss' feelings towards her, it's kinda cute but at the same time the inferiority complex issue feels a bit overused, but as I watched to ep31, I think so far, the angst is just right, nothing frustrating so far but I think Shan Shan's dad gets a bit annoying lately although I do understand his point of view.
Anyways, this is my favorite song from the drama. I'm not a big fan of Zhang Han's song :P but I'm a hugeeeee fan of the BGM used!

I also love the BGM 偶然 from dish樂隊.

(I uploaded the song to youtube myself, enjoy!)

Zhao Li YIng is soooooooooo damn adorable in this drama, I actually watched a few of her ancient dramas but I prefer her in this drama.She got such a cute cheek that makes me wanna pinch her, I love Boss habit of pinching her cheeks, so adorable T_TWatched till the latest episode, Shan Shan grow up so much as she's learning to see that her boyfriend is not that perfect, she sees his flaws and sees herself standing at the same level as him instead of feeling inferior to him. The debt is not a bad thing at all, some hardship make people grow up and Shan Shan really benefited from this debt.
Btw, I did had a hard time adjusting to Zhao Li Ying's thick eyebrow but after watching so many episodes, I'm used to it and she look like an adorable puppy, the thick eyebrow make her look like a cartoon character, haha!
ibxxe2meEXGQsD.JPGibruLgEQNthdhb.JPG
iF1cEyEliQges.JPG
iMj9YHT2Fkh9c.JPG

Love the second screen cap. She's so cute in it. 
I was thinking that the actress who plays Feng Yue would look nice in a Qing Dynasty palace drama. Went to see if she has acted in anything else. Found out that she and the the actor who plays Yan Qing (her on-screen husband) are actually really married in real life. They are actually husband and wife!

Agree with @c_gunawan541.
I really like this drama. I started this because of Zhang Han when he acted in Queen of SOP. Zhao Li Ying and Zhang Han are so adorable in this drama. 
Feng Teng knew what kind of qualities he wanted in a wife and I am glad he met Shan Shan who was perfect for him. I love to see how Shan Shan grew and became someone who is compatitble to Feng Teng. 
About Shan Shan's thick eyebrow. I couldnt get used to it in the beginning. I was thinking is it a new trend for eye brows? 

These two leads are too adorable. Unfortunately there are no eng sub at the moment for this drama. However,  since the majority of this drama follows the novel closely, I recommend reading the novel (it's an easy read for sure).  Below is the website for those who want's to read the novel & review of each episodes. The website also includes translation of some of the cutest scene from the two leads: EnJoy!!!!
               Hui3r.wordpress.com 
10371462_484409005028531_672898825549910

10441194_484414998361265_344704833712098

Archived