[Drama 2014-2015] Cheongdam-dong Scandal 청담동 스캔들 Thanks for watching.

Ldy Gmerm

@LdyGmerm I'm with you! There is a lot of secrets going on and the pills she is taking is making me super curious! Hyun Soo is being taken advantage of but don't understand why. Her MIL seems to like her as well as her BIL. I just don't get it. But there has to be a connection between HS and that woman. Why else would YJI grab HS like that? But SJ's gf is a bit much. Possessive AND seriously jealous! Watch his eyes, they speak volumes as to what he feels for her.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NewKDramaAddict said: @LdyGmerm I'm with you! There is a lot of secrets going on and the pills she is taking is making me super curious! Hyun Soo is being taken advantage of but don't understand why. Her MIL seems to like her as well as her BIL. I just don't get it. But there has to be a connection between HS and that woman. Why else would YJI grab HS like that? But SJ's gf is a bit much. Possessive AND seriously jealous! Watch his eyes, they speak volumes as to what he feels for her.

@Triton823 I have to agree with what your mother told you..

I think that she will find out what her MIL has been doing and at least part of the reason why. I wonder who will spill the beans, the second DIL or will Hyun Soo find something in her MIL's room or over hear something that gives her a clue.

Since this is a daily with 100 + episodes It may really be awhile before we even get to the point that she is betrayed or finds out something like in the teaser.  As I look at the teaser again it either looks like she may have had a baby and they took it or she miscarried or she finds out that the woman has been keeping her from getting pregnant and she takes off her ring which means she is walking away from her marriage possibly as she takes down her hair symbolizing change.

This is one of the reasons I can see her being obsessed and clingy.. she did not even let his family member in and when she finds out he has interest in someone else she is going to be a bit crazy I think.. especially as it looks like she has been chasing him for awhile and he has been dodging her and then he falls for an unknown woman.. scratch that he falls for her Oppa's wife. LOL..

@LdyGmerm did you notice when HS went to the pharmacy the birth control picture on the wall? You think someone is slipping in BC pills too? JN is definitely jealous of her SIL! But what in the world was the MIL and the doctor talking about? I need translation on that!! Hasn't SJ reaized that HS is married?

NewKDramaAddict said: @LdyGmerm did you notice when HS went to the pharmacy the birth control picture on the wall? You think someone is slipping in BC pills too? JN is definitely jealous of her SIL! But what in the world was the MIL and the doctor talking about? I need translation on that!! Hasn't SJ reaized that HS is married?

Hi everyone! Since I like Choi Jung Yoon, I figured I'd check out this drama. She, the actor playing her husband and the actress playing her mother-in-law were all playing in Cheer Up Mr Kim last year, but I was so bored by this drama I dropped it after a few weeks...
Fortunately, Cheongdamdong Scandal looks already more interesting! :)

It's somehow strange to watch HS and SJ being set up as the main couple of this drama (common past, multiple encounters) when HS is living happily with her husband and her in-laws. So the not-getting-pregnant storyline is probably going to make HS divorce her husband, though I'm not sure exactly how that will happen.

To recap the storyline:
HS isn't getting pregnant so she goes visit a male doctor, who tells her everything is normal.
But he thinks that what he sees on the films is strange and consults the female doctor. Both agree that something is strange as it looks like they are watching the films of someone taking birth control, not someone trying to get pregnant.
Later, HS's mother-in-law aka BSH visits the female doctor and learns that something is off. The female doctor tells her to ask HS to bring the pills she's taking in order to check if anything is wrong with them.
HS brings the pills after being told by BSH, the female doctor checks these pills later and everything with them is fine.
But at the end of episode 5, the female doctor tells BSH that she thinks HS is putting on a show, that she doesn't want to get pregnant and is taking birth control.

First thing first: OMG, the only thing more upsetting than a doctor violating patient confidentiality is a doctor speaking about how much she believes in patient confidentiality, and then violating it! What's wrong with you, kdrama doctors?

Second thing, the green pill. It looks a lot like foreshadowing. We saw the pill drop, then we saw the poster at the pharmacy with the sinister soundtrack behind. If the screenwriter isn't playing with us, this green pill is the reason HS isn't getting pregnant.

So, who is the guilty one?
HS really wants a baby, and she wouldn't be making an appointment to an ob/gyn if she was taking birth control knowingly.
I have to admit I was 100% sure that it was the sister-in-law JN. She looked nasty and jealous enough to be responsible for it, but first she didn't seem concerned when she learned HS was seeing a doctor, and then she looked totally shocked when she overheard the female doctor at the end of episode 5. It can't be her.
So, who else? The husband SH? The brother-in-law KH who appears to be liking HS a bit too much? KBH?
My money would be on KBH now, but I guess we'll know more after seeing her reaction in episode 6. If she tells the female doctor that she'll talk to HS, and that there is no need for the doctor to ask HS about birth control, then it probably was KBH all along.

A little question to finish: Any idea who sent those pictures of KH in bed in a hotel to everyone? That sure was strange. The only logic explanation I can see would be KH himself, but I have no idea why he would do that.

Yes, what I like most about this drama for now, it's that I cannot guess where it is going.
Some things are obvious, like NJN who is a classic clingy second lead and will probably hate HS from the first time she sees her to the last episode of the drama. But there a lot of things that are yet to be figured out, like who is contracepting HS and why, or what is the story of the woman Mrs Jang and CSR (NJN's mother) are looking for?
Let's hope that this drama will keep us on our toes for a long time! :)

@mudaepo thanks for joining us here and for clearing up what the doctor said. I still think it has to be KBH that is putting the birth control pills in HS pill supply that she takes everyday, She is the one giving her the pills already separated into little capartments for her to take and although she seems to like HS she gives of the protective dot on her Sons MIL vibe to me. I am not sure why she or her son may be trying to stop HS from conceiving but I would not put it past her or her husband to be doing it. (I think she took out the BC pill in the first set when she told HS to go and have them checked. I am not sure why she is trying to make it seem like HS is lying or doing it when she is not.)

As we have seen everyone seems to know hat HS wants a baby so she would not willing take birth control. So in my view what will happen next is LJN is going to say something to HS about her either pretending to want a baby and then taking birth control pills and HS will deny it and LJN will tell her she over heard the doctor tell the MIL that from what the doctors see she looks as if she is taking them and HS will start to wonder what is going on.  And again, I can not understand if the doctors saw that it looks like someone who is taking BC pills why do they not tell the patient and but tell her MIL. SHE is not the one who came in it is HS so why would she tell her. I have to agree patient confidentiality is at a low in this dramas. At this point I see HS starting to get suspicious unless LJN point blank says something hinting that the MIL could be doing it and she may get smart enough to check out again what pills she is taking and finds out that she has been taking a birth control pill. So then we go back to who fixes the pill box for her and why is she the only one taking it.

I do not care that LJN seems to be pregnant now why was we not shown her taking a pill supply as well?

So My money is on KBH and her son or both conspiring to keep HS from having a kid and then I want to know WHY? This when it comes out is going to be the reason that HS divorces and leaves that house I think. She will not be able to take or forgive what they have done and I do not blame her one bit. What would be the reason for them to do something like that.

@Ldy Gmerm Yes, I was thinking the same about KBH. If the birth control pill is the green pill (as opposed to being mixed in her food everyday for example), like they are suggesting, then the only way the green pill wasn't in the pills HS gave to the female doctor is someone purposely took the green pill out. And as far as we know, the only people aware of this pill checking are the doctor, HS and KBH.  Which would make KBH the most likely suspect.

We'll find out in episode 6 depending on her reaction. If she goes questioning HS and doesn't hide the matter, she is innocent. If not, then she is guilty and the truth will come out thanks to LJN just like you said. She will say something to HS that will make HS ask herself questions. And maybe HS will go to the doctor again or go back to that pharmacy to ask questions about her pills.

Now about why KBH wouldn't want HS to get pregnant, I'm not too sure. I have this theory that SH is not KBH's real son, like he was born from a first marriage or an affair of KBH's husband. So KBH would want the company to stay with KH and his children. Keeping SH and HS from having children ensures that the company will go to her real grandchildren in the future (she does call the baby that LJN is carrying the company heir). That would also explain why she made KH marry a woman with a solid background and she let SH marry a woman without such a background. LJN's father helped a lot by investing in the company in the past, though he appears to be going bankrupt these days. On the opposite, I don't think we've heard anything about HS's family, I think of her as the child we saw in the flashback at the beginning of episode 1. I know I'm reaching, but so far that's the only reason I found that could make sense somehow.

About LJN, she was pregnant before the beginning of the drama, so it is normal we don't see her taking pills. The stuff you take to become pregnant and the stuff you take during your pregnancy isn't the same, I remember seeing that as a plotline in another drama.

No it is not.. once pregnancy is confirmed and you have no need to take something for other issues then normally prenatal vitamins are prescribed to take during the 9 months. So unless LJN has other issues I agree she would not be taking something now.

So KBH sees LJN's child as the heir mm that is interesting that Bok Soo Ho may not be KBH's real son. I would like to find out if your theory is true. What I do hope they do not do is have him either cheating on Hyun Soo or wanting to toss her away to marry a girl with a more respectable background and keeping her from having a kid is a way to not have any ties if they plan to do that.

I guess we will see what KBH does in the next episode. I think she could still come home and question HS like she has done nothing putting it on HS who would be surprised and hurt to have her MIL accusing her of acting innocent but being the one to not get pregnant by taking pills.

I do not want another kind sweet, dense door mat type of wife character that does everything well but the in-laws or the hubby takes for granted and/or secretly dislikes or abuses. I hope we are not heading for that type of scenario but I think there is something underlying going on with KBH and BSH.. towards HS..

Well I haven't even started this drama yet decided to let some episodes pass before I try to attempt to watch.. I've come to the conclusion after your mines to at least wait until 6 episodes have aired before I waste my time or not.. After reading your comments on this drama it's seems interesting so I will give chamsamdong scandal a try.. 

valsava said: Well I haven't even started this drama yet decided to let some episodes pass before I try to attempt to watch.. I've come to the conclusion after your mines to at least wait until 6 episodes have aired before I waste my time or not.. After reading your comments on this drama it's seems interesting so I will give chamsamdong scandal a try.. 

NewKDramaAddict said: valsava said: Well I haven't even started this drama yet decided to let some episodes pass before I try to attempt to watch.. I've come to the conclusion after your mines to at least wait until 6 episodes have aired before I waste my time or not.. After reading your comments on this drama it's seems interesting so I will give chamsamdong scandal a try.. 

Archived