[Drama 2014] Misaeng, 미생

kaiskloset

Guest kiyasnow

more siwan and sora edits!~
720f1935tw1eijjwf90pij20q00cdwfz.jpg
720f1935tw1eijjwfhun4j20p00buabj.jpg
720f1935tw1eijjwgff57j20q00c4taa.jpg

[cr: soraholic90]
@kaiskloset I AGREE!! xD siwan looks super young! i didn't watch Triangle, so i don't really know if he pulled off the adult image, but from fanvids that i seen of siwan's previous works, i think he's a pretty good actor. He's praise for being a good actor despite being a idol, right?? (i'm not saying that idols can't act, but from all the complaints that i read, i assume, idols-turn-actors/actresses aren't really popular in Korea?? Correct me if i'm wrong --i personally don't mind, some idols definitely surprise me with their acting) 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kiyasnow said: more siwan and sora edits!~

@kaiskloset I AGREE!! xD siwan looks super young! i didn't watch Triangle, so i don't really know if he pulled off the adult image, but from fanvids that i seen of siwan's previous works, i think he's a pretty good actor. He's praise for being a good actor despite being a idol, right?? (i'm not saying that idols can't act, but from all the complaints that i read, i assume, idols-turn-actors/actresses aren't really popular in Korea?? Correct me if i'm wrong --i personally don't mind, some idols definitely surprise me with their acting) 

Guest kiyasnow

kaiskloset said: kiyasnow said: more siwan and sora edits!~

Guest kimsontoya

You know what, Sora's mature look is not a problem at all.  I mean, the make-up artist can transform her into a high school kid if they want.  My point is, the most important thing in the drama business is the acting performance.  Without that skill, no matter how much foundation and makeup you'll put on your face to look like someone, you can never convince the viewer that you are playing another character other than a log TREE.  It's either they will make Si Wan look more manly and mature or they will make So Ra younger looking than her age.  Misaeng Fighting!!

Following baby @kaikloset's tradition...Group hugs... :-*
@Rha1802 @angels_natdylax05 @ruzikie
@sandjh @lummy @aya52893 @pandalover1
@allkorean @k_craze @kiyasnow

Guest loverangel10

I'm back on soompi for sora's new drama and I see some familiar user names from the dr stranger thread. Let's forget whatever happened over there and look forward to her new drama. Nice to see you guys again :-h

Just to be sure there is no other female lead in this drama right? It's gonna be a two boy one girl triangle if there is a romance side to this drama?

P.s I hope ha neul accepts the role. Dang that boy is a fine specimen with some good acting skills.

Guest kiyasnow

more lovely fan edits~ ^^
e15a7246jw1eigwtci2c7j208709jaa2.jpge15a7246jw1eigwtdid6vj20a70ci74f.jpg
[via 我爱二拉硕 cr:百度未生吧]

e15a7246jw1eigwtf24aej20fk0jqq3g.jpg
(via 我爱二拉硕 cr:百度未生吧)
e15a7246jw1eik9qjg87ej20b405k74d.jpg
(cr: as tagged/我爱二拉硕)
005BA0Hkgw1eik27atg78j30ia0hswhh.jpg
(cr: as tagged)

edited: seriously can't put it under spoiler T^T i hope it's okay...

Just my random thought, wishes and little anxiety

Since this is adapted from not only popular but also high rated quality (?) webtoon in Korea I wish this will be highly anticipating from webtoon readers not only usual drama viewers, or the point this will be more and more popular.

But everything movie or series adapted from book or maybe manga (?) is always compared to the original, then the team could not avoid high expectation which led disappointment or satisfaction of readers, so I wish the producer, director, scripwriter and actor/ss could meet or maybe higher than expectation of general viewers and critics

Omo my wishes seems too much :\">

Please bear with my insufficient English :\">

lummy said: Just my random thought, wishes and little anxiety Since this is adapted from not only popular but also high rated quality (?) webtoon in Korea I wish this will be highly anticipating from webtoon readers not only usual drama viewers, or the point this will be more and more popular. But everything movie or series adapted from book or maybe manga (?) is always compared to the original, then the team could not avoid high expectation which led disappointment or satisfaction of readers, so I wish the producer, director, scripwriter and actor/ss could meet or maybe higher than expectation of general viewers and critics Omo my wishes seems too much :\"> Please bear with my insufficient English :\">

you predicted right sis @lummy

as uri Sora mentioned this in her

newsen interview released today...

she said she's worried about the high expectation

on this drama as it is very popular already....

she also said, she needs more research

guess part of her preparation for the role...

Sora-sshi you can do it... fighting!

here's link to that interview

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201407230748362410

Fighting Sora fighting Misaeng team!

;):D

Kai I'm counting on you and everyone please translate all her interview ^____^

lummy said:

lummy

said: Just my random thought, wishes and little anxiety Since this is adapted from not only popular but also high rated quality (?) webtoon in Korea I wish this will be highly anticipating from webtoon readers not only usual drama viewers, or the point this will be more and more popular. But everything movie or series adapted from book or maybe manga (?) is always compared to the original, then the team could not avoid high expectation which led disappointment or satisfaction of readers, so I wish the producer, director, scripwriter and actor/ss could meet or maybe higher than expectation of general viewers and critics Omo my wishes seems too much :\"> Please bear with my insufficient English :\">

class="content-title"Kang Sora: “It Was Hard to Accept Lee Jong Suk’s Aegyo” Pao July 23, 2014 0 Comments In an interview with OSEN, actress Kang Sora shared a little information about her co-star in “Doctor Stranger, Lee Jong Suk.

The actress who played the character “Oh Soo Hyun” in “Doctor Stranger” said about her co-star Lee Jong Suk, “I’m friends with Lee Jong Suk. He’s really very sociable. Would you believe that he gave actress Lee Bo Young the nickname ‘Bo Young Jjing’? I froze for three seconds after I knew about that.”

The actress who has always been known for her social skills seems to have found a match in Lee Jong Suk. “Although I knew about the actor Lee Jong Suk, I don’t know anything about him at all so [aegyo] added to my knowledge of him. I only thought [Lee Jong Suk] was somebody who was a model and acted really well, with sensibility. It was hard to accept (that he had a lot of aegyo too),” added Kang Sora.

Kang Sora, who recently finished the drama “Doctor Stranger,” will be making her return to the small screen soon with “Incomplete Life.” 

“I read the webtoon ‘Incomplete Life’ last year. It’s even scarier to work on a project that is an adaptation but I have big expectations of ‘Incomplete Life.’ It’s a project that hits close to home. Although I’m a bit afraid, I’ll try my best to portray the role I’m given,” added Kang Sora.

The Friday-Saturday drama “Incomplete Life” will be shown on tvN starting this October.

Who would’ve thought that Lee Jong Suk has a lot of aegyo in him from his character in “Doctor Stranger”?

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/23/kang-sora-it-was-hard-to-accept-lee-jong-suks-aegyo/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's very normal to have concern in adaptation project which so popular before, yet Sora have big expectation
Yey I am sure she has read webtoon before, since seems Sora's hobby include reading novel and manga XD

Doctor Stranger' Kang Sora "Man like Park Hoon? He's beyond my capacity (I can't manage him)" Interview

Rough translation :

Kang Sora's thought about Park Hoon in real life is revealed.

In recent finished SBS Mon-Tue drama "Doctor Stranger", Kang Sora played Oh Soo Hyun, the heiress of Myeong Woo University Hospital who looks like she has everything, but actually she has complex relationship with family that gave her hurtful feeling. Oh Soo Hyun is the character who has one-sided love toward Park Hoon that made her suffering a broken heart. 
In recent interview with Newsen, Kang Sora talked about Oh Soo Hyun character's background, the reason why Oh Soo Hyun fell in love with Park Hoon, and the related things about Oh Soo Hyun in drama.
Kang Sora said "Oh Soo Hyun has an irony of fate. She isn't being adopted in the early of her life or being taken away when she is still very young. She experienced all those things when she could understand the situation already. Her dad, whom she hasn't known about yet, existed and took lead in her life. She must live in his house. That house didn't give a warm feeling at all. And her mother gave her a cold shoulder. Since young, she has lived with "being isolated" feeling. She is rich and lives in luxury but she couldn't breath comfortably."
"She had wariness feeling toward other people. But after she met Park Hoon who hasn't ulterior motive toward her, she is attracted to him. He doesn't approach her because her position and he doesn't have hidden wants toward her. He gave her a new feeling. He made her being disarm (made her to deprive her shield)." Kang Sora explained about why Soo Hyun fell in love with Park Hoon.
It's because Soo Hyun is charming/attractive character. Park Hoon and Oh Soo Hyun romantic quarrel scenes made the viewers giving agreement (good respond, sympathy), not to first love 'Song Jae Hee'. Park Hoon and Oh Soo Hyun' relationship got a lot of feedbacks.
Kang Sora said "I have heard those news. But since the first time, I have known that Hoonie and Jae Hee will end together and my one-sided love will subside. In recent press conference, it's said that there isn't swaying order/genuinity (??). With Han Jae Joon (Park Hae Jin), we would find and go to our own way and in the end we met again. I think he is feeling sorry and came to me first to commit his sin and ask forgiveness"

When asked "How about Park Hoon as a man?", Kang Sora shook her head. " Park Hoon is very spontaneous ("happy-go-lucky" person, the person who does as much as he wants). It seems I can't manage him well. He won't answer my call. Every day his handphone is turn off. Maybe I must follow/pursue him through Karibong's staff. It will be hard to manage the man who is like a bouncing ball." Kang Sora laughed

This drama has finished just now. Kang Sora said " Now, I want to go out for sightseeing. I want to get out/escape from shooting location and take a stroll." And about her next project TVN "Misaeng", "The original webtoon is really good so I have a high anticipation. But I am worried a lot too. So I have to do many research from now." she said with strong determination.
english trans by @rynn_peace
original article here
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
once again So-Ra showed her worry and anticipation towards Misaeng

again Misaeng was mentioned in interview, we could get slightly character description of Ahn Young-i
Thanks to @bryan for translating this interview :) :) :)
Translated from chinese text from Baidu :

140726 BreakNews article :Interview <Dr Stranger> Kang Sora Korea's next generation top actress's refreshing acting 
Kang Sora's uniquely fresh and lively charm. Caught the absolute support of male fans when she showed her acting in the recently ended Dr Stranger SBS drama. 
First obtained more than 7 million viewers for the movie Sunny and caught the attention of viewers as the teenage Ha Chun Hwa. Later through Drean High 2, Ugly Alert, the movie My Paparoti etc built up her acting skills.     
This time through Dr Stranger, KSR's acting improved and matured  further.In the future will become a representative of Korea's "Next generation Top actress". The busy KSR's next project "Misaeng" will broadcast on TVN this October.Her refreshing and pleasant charm really gets us mesmerised.
Below are Q and A
Q: Is your injury OK ? Your fans were very worried.A: I am fine now, When found out fans were worried, went to fanclub to explain that not serious and not to worry. It is not serious matter but everyone so concerned that I was a bit overwhelmed.

Q:What are your thoughts on the finale of Dr Stranger    A: Immediately after Dr Stranger ended, will have empty feeling. Now my mood is back to the normal daily routine. But the impact of the drama it seems have not subsided. I really thank the viewers for their love during this time.Let Oh Soo Hyun able to beautifully presented this character to everyone. I had a happy time during the filming. Thank You. 
Q; Are you satisfied with the ending of Dr Stranger ?A: At the beginning, I felt Dr Stranger will have happy ending. In the end it was a happy ending so I am satisfied. Because at the end I could appear beautifully so I am satisfied

Q: Any regrets that the ratings were not as initially expected? A: Dr Stranger had complex themes, Within a limited 20 episodes,there are too many things to deal with.I am not too clear about the specifics. I am not the type that only concern about ratings. Even though it is disappointing ratings. But in the end , contented that it is able to  be  No 1 drama in that time slot. 
Q: What is the most difficult part of Dr Stranger?A; Before the middle part, there was no problem. After that Oh Soo Hyun's heart started to waver. The plots also started to get complicated. Had to put in effort to understand my character and the central theme of the drama, that was difficult. Oh Soo Hyun always kept in the dark about things, and always crying. My personal character is quite different from Oh Soo Hyun. At first was quite difficult to understand her, so was quite hard. Of course, later was able to merge with the character and successfully complete the filming.        
Q: Lee Jong Suk , Park Hae Jin and Jin Se Yeon. What are their acting strengths ?
It was good feeling to be able to work with your peers. Had most scenes with Lee Jong Suk. We are the same age , always joking with each other, get along very well. Only some scenes with PHJ were on good terms. The rest were quarrelling and conflict scenes. Due to my personal circumstances, during the filming, because of the character's emotional scenes, that was not easy.Did not have many emotional scenes with JSY.(acting strengths ? )Firstly JSY is the most calm and clear. Sometimes I would think : How can she stay so calm ?" Because of the nature of TV dramas and how scripts are released, things are quite urgent and the shooting can be hard. But JSY will never show that kind of look (?) Her greatest strength is her strong sense of responsibility. LJS gives you the feeling of a very good friend. Very smart. Able to immerse in the character. Could be he has watched a lot of dramas , able to understand what the viewers enjoy.PHJ is the most experienced among the 4 of us. Very stable. No matter what situations, will also not affect his acting performance. Really fantastic.   
Q: What are the standards for selecting your projects ? Is it your own standards ? A :Definitely to look at the summary, after that also think about other things.In fact, if the story is not interesting, other things doesn't matter. Reading the summary you will get the story's main focus. It must give you a feeling like you want to exclaim " hoo"  When I read the summary for Dr Stranger, I had that feeling.
Q: Your reason for choosing Misaeng" ?A: When I read the summary, had that feeling of "Hoo". When filming Ugly Alert, saw the webtoon. It was really interesting. At that time,even thought that if adapted as a TV drama will be very difficult.Who will act ? In the end, I am acting . Really was a shock . 
Q: What king of role is Misaeng's An Youngi ?A :Should be a little different from the original webtoon. Misaeng's An Youngi is a really great character. I always think " Really have such a person ? " A perfect character without any weakness.
An Youngi will also have painful past. Similar to Dr Stranger's Oh Soo Hyun. OSH will allow her emotions to surface. But An Youngi will not let her feelings show. i think she will be a much more mature character than OSH. Of course there will also be  a difference in status and wealth.  
Q :After your debut, what is your most memorable work ?A. Definitely Sunny. Even if there are other works, this answer will not change. This is the work that got KSR the actress noticed by the public. More so because, while shooting this movie, more than using the mind, it is using a pure/sincere heart to participate, that why it left deep impression.  

Q: Your co star Shin Eun Kyung, hot topic because of her acting ?A; SEK's acting skill has already been shining bright even before this. I feel that it is a bit late to find that out now.In fact, SEY has very rich acting experience. She is an acting senior. When shooting Sunny, can feel her excellent acting skill. Of course also played together with acting senior while filming.
Q; Have a lover ? If not,what kind of love relationship would you like to be in ?   A; I am single. Really want to date. Want to have a simple and unpretentious love relationship.
Q: What kind of actor do you want to be remembered?A: Until now, have no final goal as to how I want to be remembered. Just want to be a actress that continuosly try different types of roles/work.Just want to continue to work hard to show my ever  maturing look. Will be good if I can leave a beautiful impression.

Original posted here http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27610066/#Comment_27610066

#Siwan's latest pic from Mnet wide entertainment news
 ...:) bebeboy looking super fresh after
wrapping up triangle... have a nice rest , siwan-sshi...
then Misaeng preparation with Sora-jjing said to start
in August... fighting!

Bt2Rr5BCMAAW70V.jpg:large

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

I have extreme girl crush with Kang So Ra ever since Ugly Alert. I hope this will be a good drama.

Archived