[Drama 2014] Misaeng, 미생

kaiskloset

Guest kiyasnow

kimsontoya said: Since the main female character of this story has a short hair with a bangs, I'm looking at how So Ra would look like with one.  Below are photos of the movie female lead and the cartoon character.

[images]

So Ra in short hairstyles and with bangs.

[images

@kiyasnow Can you post here those edits you did? I would just like to anticipate how KSR would look like in that hairstyle.  Thanks. (:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I've started a tradition making a wish on who's gonna be topping the page..so here it goes:

Dear K-Drama God,
Please let Misaeng drama be DAEBAK,
Let them pull out 1% ratings and the numbers goes on and on,
Hope the cast will do DAEBAK too!! 
[-O< [-O< [-O<

I doubt it will be mushroom rounded haircut hahahahaha... Note that what those are prequel omnibus movie...maybe she'll turn her hairstyle into a fashionable one :D

@kiyasnow that's too funny!!!!! hahahahahahaha... i'm imagining "power haircut" like Kim So Yeon in IRIS or something... :)) :)) :))

20131205083322710.jpg2013070534437097.jpg
cre: as tagged

Guest kiyasnow

@angels_natdylax05 LOL xD i think the power hair might work better since the character does kinda have that hairdo 

Guest kiyasnow

more real example of sora with short hair 
i wonder if it's going to be this short?? (or shorter? (0__0)) but it's pretty xD i'm so curious!~
INTERVIEW-Korean-actress-KangSora.jpg
INTERVIEW-Korean-actress-KangSora2.jpg
[cr: as tagged]

Longer hair examples
kang+sora+dr.champ+--+catatan-anikatik.b
[cr: fiyano @/wordpress]
IE001419677_STD.jpg
[cr:Ohmystar]
267f9e2f07082838f4eec751b899a9014d08f190
[cr: wgmleeteukandkangsora @/wordpress]
kang-sora1-e1324534679960.jpg
[cr: en.korea]

Guest kimsontoya

@kiyasnow  Xie Xie ni...thanks mucho :-*

These two look more appropriate for an office hairstyle.

CYMERA_20140715_225155.jpg

CYMERA_20140715_223918.jpg

But, I would like to see how Kang So Ra would interpret this character.  I mean she can still portray the role without cutting her hair.  It depends on how she'll portray it.  (Waaah...I'm obsessed with Skipbeat...lols)

pandalover1 said: In my country we call it the chinese girls' school haircut. Cause chinese schools here have these hair rules.. the coconut or the mushroom haircut. HAHAHAH! I can't imagine Sora in it!!!! Oh DEARRR!! but i can't contain my excitement, but i'm sure she'll look adorable.  8->

Guest kimsontoya

@angels_natdylax05 is the 9.8 represents the webtoon's rating? That's definitely very high. It's quite interesting because even though the story focuses on office life, the creator of the webtoon,  Yoon Tae-ho, confessed that he never experienced working in the corporate world.  He said he based his story from the interviews he conducted among office workers and also, he modified a bit some parts of his story with the help of the comments he has gotten from his readers.  Here's an excerpt from the interview in the book fair he attended.

Paul Gravett: What I find interesting is the level of connection and efficiency with publishing online, there is more interaction with your readers what with about 20,000 comments a day.

Yoon Tae-ho: When you have physical books, you usually get feedback a month or two after it is published, your readers tell you what they thought of the book and even suggestion on how to make it better. But you can't fix a book that has already been published. But with webtoons you get your response as soon as every episode is written. You learn from the comments readers leave at the bottom of each episode. Now this won't necessarily change the fundamental essence of your work but you will be able to fine tune it to the taste of your readers. 

With my work Misaeng, it is a story about a Salary man but I have never worked in an office so I didn't know much about it. I had to conduct interviews to learn about office life and also thanks to my readers comments I learnt a lot and it was also a meaningful experience.

More -> http://giirlmeetsworld.blogspot.com/2014/04/webtoon-new-trend-in-korean-digital.html

Guest aya52893

@angels_natdylax05 as you requested xD i edited short hair for sora base of the character guildeline~

sorry it's a bit messy, sloppily edited on photoshop xD

really can't wait to see the actual sora with whatever hair xD

I think that hairstyle is better for sora. Haha. But i'll miss her long hair :((

Hope they will not request to cut her hair. Huhu. I believe she can still portray her character without cutting her hair. Hahaha. :)

Her long hair is still the best! :((

Guest kimsontoya

editedKIYA3.jpg

@kiyasnow I love this one.  If So Ra will sport this hairstyle, I guess she will do justice wearing it. (:

And, by the way. I just re-read the other possible cast - Kang Haneul.  His name sounds familiar.  I googled him a bit and I was so ecstatic when I found out who he is.  I was so fond of him as the teen star in Angel Eyes, and he really left a great impression in The Heirs.  I can actually foresee his great potentials to become one of the leading Kdrama actors in the future.  I have more reasons now to anticipate this series.  8->

Guest aya52893

@kiyasnow I love this one.  If So Ra will sport this hairstyle, I guess she will do justice wearing it. (:

And, by the way. I just re-read the other possible cast - Kang Haneul.  His name sounds familiar.  I googled him a bit and I was so ecstatic when I found out who he is.  I was so fond of him as the teen star in Angel Eyes, and he really left a great impression in The Heirs.  I can actually foresee his great potentials to become one of the leading Kdrama actors in the future.  I have more reasons now to anticipate this series.  8->

-same here @kimsontoya‌. I like kang ha neul in his previous dramas. Honestly, I do like kang ha neul to be sora's leading man instead of im siwan. I guess i'll have a second lead syndrome again but in misaeng i guess he will remain the typical second lead. here it's clear that sora's leading man is im siwan so i have nothing to expect about. Haha. Well if siwan has a likeable character, i think i'll do like his character too just like in DS, even i'm not a fan of lee jong suk i did like park hoon for soohyun. :)

I really hope Kang Ha Neul takes the role because i want him back on the small screen and till now cable shows always bring a better quality that the big 3 and it's a good oportunity for him as well@aya52893 If u liked him you could also check Monstar the role that made him more famous...Sadly Heirs didn't do justice to the complex character that teh writer had in her hands yet he give him more deep than it was and actually his acting made his character stand out more,he is one of the best new actors that are at the moment and sadly quite underrated...I like the cast very much and being a fan of tvN dramas i can't possibly miss this one...Let's hope Si Hwan will accept the role and play yet again the role like in the webtoon wich it will be a great thing because he already grasped the character and will be even more easy to give life to it....

Misaeng caught my attention because my new fave Kang Sora was cast in it, but as I found out more info about the storyline I am really starting to look forward to it. This type of Slice of Life story is quite rare among kdramas so I'm very interested to see how it will be handled.
It's great that the drama is based on an already successful and highly rated webtoon. Furthermore it has a solid team behind the camera - both the writer and director. So at least I have a good reason to hope that this drama would not suddenly lose all sense of logic and become a crazy mess, like some other recent drama that we shall not mention here... *cough*
I am not familiar with the other cast members. Tried watching Heirs but dropped it after a few episode so no idea how good Kang Ha Neul is but the comments in this thread are promising. Im Siwan is, as I gather, from an idol group but I'm not holding that against him. Some idols turn out to be very talented actors. I hope that's the case with him. 
I am looking forward to getting to know them through Misaeng. After all, one of the most fun things about dramas is discovering new or previously unknown talent. 
Besides, tvN is probably my favourite network for dramas because it has produced some of my favourites. I'm cautiously hopeful that Misaeng can join my faves' list this fall. :)

Guest k_craze

kaiskloset said:

Ahn Yeong-i  [ KANG SORA]

* a flawless but problematic amateur.
She's a bold character who is up to task for anything,
with sometimes being passionate or feminine.

Even though she's a rookie, her adeptness at dealing with
work makes other fellow male colleagues envious of her.
She's also undefeatable. (HANCINEMA)

Miseng will be my second drama for Sorassi ani My SooHyun :X
She will play the role of An Yeong Yi ( Yeong always reminds me with Choi Young Do and i bet their hangul word is the same ) and yes no short hair cut pleasee my SooHyun :):D
I heard Kang Ha Neul will play the second lead ( YEAH FINALLY HYOSHIN SUNBAE WILL BE HERE)
SooHyuna, HyoShin sunbae will be your stepping stone to meet my Youngie aka Choi Young Do :X :*
BANZAIII BANZAIIIII~

Archived