[ Variety ] Youth Over Flowers 꽃보다 청춘

The ratings are out ... and yep , another jackpot of Na PD :) 
Average : 4.6%
Peak : 6.1%
Personally I think it's better to start with this kind of  strong ratings ( and not the super incredible ratings of 10% like the noonas version cos after the first episode the ratings just went down every episode ) .... if the ratings rise each episode ( even a little )  , we're talking about another megahit of Na Young Suk ... congrats to our ahjussis !!!! ♥
Source : http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014080208581331780&outlink=2&SVEC

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only the show itself and the reruns are trending ... the confession of Yoon Sang is also trending in the search engines :
NIjxz8P.png

YOON SANG SECRET is currently at the 5th position in Nate 
I still don't get what was that secret / confession but seems like it was something important .... Lee Juck even cried when was asked about it :
Boavk8L.jpg

Source : http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201408020719003110

Oh man, how different are these three city slickers compared to the bumbling-puppy-Seungi and stressed-all-business Seo jin. First of all, I like that Lee Juck automatically just became the porter when Na PD hand the budget over to him. Then how natural he fulfilled the role without much complaining. YHY and Yoon Sang aren't idle travelings either and were proactive in asking questions to meet their needs. I love that YHY just took charge of the part to Mercado. He was so resourceful from using what he read in the guidebook and was not afraid to ask question, in Spanish no less. He's also a lot more low maintenance than I thought, no wonder he was compared to a dog. He's just sort of happy go lucky where ever he goes and get with the flow! I love that right away he tried to slip one pass Na PD by sneaking in his American Express card. Even though he's not as crafty as Seojinie who's always managed to pulled one over Na PD, it was a nice attempt none the less! And then Lee Juck with writing down what they spend and doing the calculation of how much they have left, that was just... awesome, common sense and responsible! It just felt fun and safe with them, even with difficulties that came their way, like a real adventure! 
I'm also curious about Yoon Sang's big reveal, and if it ties in with his private bathroom issue. He was really adamant about it and I can tell Lee Juck was just fed up, like... come on, hyung. Then later on, it seems like Lee Juck felt regretful and sorry towards Yoon Sang, so I wonder if the two incidents are related. Ah, the frustrations of watching raws! Thank goodness Lee Juck wasn't shy with his English! It's actually really smooth conversationally and socially.

fourleafclover said: Oh man, how different are these three city slickers compared to the bumbling-puppy-Seungi and stressed-all-business Seo jin. First of all, I like that Lee Juck automatically just became the porter when Na PD hand the budget over to him. Then how natural he fulfilled the role without much complaining. YHY and Yoon Sang aren't idle travelings either and were proactive in asking questions to meet their needs. I love that YHY just took charge of the part to Mercado. He was so resourceful from using what he read in the guidebook and was not afraid to ask question, in Spanish no less. He's also a lot more low maintenance than I thought, no wonder he was compared to a dog. He's just sort of happy go lucky where ever he goes and get with the flow! I love that right away he tried to slip one pass Na PD by sneaking in his American Express card. Even though he's not as crafty as Seojinie who's always managed to pulled one over Na PD, it was a nice attempt none the less! And then Lee Juck with writing down what they spend and doing the calculation of how much they have left, that was just... awesome, common sense and responsible! It just felt fun and safe with them, even with difficulties that came their way, like a real adventure! 
I'm also curious about Yoon Sang's big reveal, and if it ties in with his private bathroom issue. He was really adamant about it and I can tell Lee Juck was just fed up, like... come on, hyung. Then later on, it seems like Lee Juck felt regretful and sorry towards Yoon Sang, so I wonder if the two incidents are related. Ah, the frustrations of watching raws! Thank goodness Lee Juck wasn't shy with his English! It's actually really smooth conversationally and socially.

the girl who! said: The Yoon Sang's secret is definitly related to the bathroom issue .... that was the only thing I understood translating some articles with google translate , that's why Juck cried during the interview ( cos he exploded while trying to look for the darn room with 3 beds and a private bathroom ) .... he felt bad for exploding while trying to fullfil Yoon Sang's request .
I cannot agree more with you about Hee Yeol , even tho Juck is -unofficialy - the porter who does the heavy job  , Hee Yeol is still the natural leader .... I was like woahhhh when he just lead the way while looking for the market  even when he was as lost as the other 2 ahjussis , I'm pleasently surprised with uri llama lover ..... in my eyes  he isn't anymore the weak Hee Yeol .
ahhh and Juck , the man is amazing as expected .... that part in the market when Hee Yeol discovers the calculations in Juck's smartphone !!! swoon :)) I fell in love .... quoting you:  how awesome and responsible .... he's indeed a SNU smartie ^^ 
I'm anticipating their small tour in Lima .... 

fourleafclover said: the girl who! said: The Yoon Sang's secret is definitly related to the bathroom issue .... that was the only thing I understood translating some articles with google translate , that's why Juck cried during the interview ( cos he exploded while trying to look for the darn room with 3 beds and a private bathroom ) .... he felt bad for exploding while trying to fullfil Yoon Sang's request .
I cannot agree more with you about Hee Yeol , even tho Juck is -unofficialy - the porter who does the heavy job  , Hee Yeol is still the natural leader .... I was like woahhhh when he just lead the way while looking for the market  even when he was as lost as the other 2 ahjussis , I'm pleasently surprised with uri llama lover ..... in my eyes  he isn't anymore the weak Hee Yeol .
ahhh and Juck , the man is amazing as expected .... that part in the market when Hee Yeol discovers the calculations in Juck's smartphone !!! swoon :)) I fell in love .... quoting you:  how awesome and responsible .... he's indeed a SNU smartie ^^ 
I'm anticipating their small tour in Lima .... 

sorry girls, but we are not allowed to share torrent links or raw links from personal uploader here. Should follow soompi rule or the thread would be closed due to copyright violation. (pm each other the links)btw, for American viewers, Hulu bought the right of the series, it will be up there next week

star2010 said: sorry girls, but we are not allowed to share torrent links or raw links from personal uploader here. Should follow soompi rule or the thread would be closed due to copyright violation. (pm each other the links)btw, for American viewers, Hulu bought the right of the series, it will be up there next week

LOL =)) =)) =)) once a pervert , forever a pervert XD 
First Episode of ‘Youth Over Flowers’, Never-Before-Seen Scene, 19-Rated Talk ‘Shocking’
01.8956624.1_99_20140801161602.jpg
tvN <Youth Over Flowers>’s never-before-seen scene was revealed and it’s getitng attention.
tvN <Youth Over Flowers> revealed a video titled ‘a teaser editted by a girl’ on their offical SNS. It was a spoiler for its first episode.
The video contained a 19 rated talk between Yoon Sang, Yoo Hee Yeol, and Lee Jeok not knowing that there were cameras. It was too scandalous that it had to be censored.
After finding out that there were cameras Yoo Hee Yeol turned out the lights and said, “I hope this is editted by a guy” but later they found out that the video was editted by a female PD.
Also Son Ho Joon and Baro from tvN<Reply 1994> who played roles college students, Binggeure and Haitai from Chungcheongdo and Jeollado with unique accent are drawing many fans curiosity.
Meanwhile, this show <Youth Over Flowers> is a third series after <Grandpa Over Flowers>and <Noonas Over Flowers>and it features episodes of male musicians over 40 going on a trip to Peru. 
These three ‘Ah Jeo Ssi’ (old men)and PD Na Young Seok’s dirty talk and interaction will be quite interesting to watch. It will premier on August 1 at 9:50 PM. Source. : http://www.wikikpop.com/blog/archives/19231

Since YYS made a very brief appearance on the 1st episode of YOF so his cut was subbed by YeoNiverse. "The axis of evil - Lee Seo Jin", I can't. Both of Yoo Hee Yeol and Yoo Yeon Seok are like disciples of Lee Seo Jin wanting to copy his tricks. But the difference was that Yoo Hee Yeol is like a very adorable ahjusshi who wanted to be evil and sneaky but adorably fails, whereas YYS is the adorable youth who have the same goal of being evil and sneaky and I think he probably succeeds (but will have to wait for their episodes in September to confirm). ahahaha the evil smug faces of the 3 at the end of the cut, I can't 
YeoNiverse presents...

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 33px; font-weight: 300; margin: 0px 0px 12px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.0909090909; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgb(43, 43, 43);"[ENG SUBBED] YOUTH OVER FLOWERS EP. 1 – YOO YEON SEOK CUT (20140801)
cxQ3K9s.jpg

>> Click here to watch it!! <<

Translation by : @lunagal
Timer / Encoder : @day_dreamer
Brought to you by Yeoniverse ~ Yoo Yeon Seok IFC

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD VIDEOS TO YOUR OWN YOUTUBE ACCOUNTS OR TO OTHER STREAMING SITES.

@day_dreamer thanks to all in YeoNiverse for releasing the subbed video..

Omonnnaaaaa.. how our bb boy has turned into a smug little devil I can't! This is what you got when you team up with - or more gang up against Na PD. You became resourceful and cheeky. Hahahahahaha... YYS as Seojinnie protege? Me LIKE!!!

Can Seojinnie, YYS and Yoo Ji Tae appear at the same movie? Go brothers maybe? (ugh my imagination ;p)

Recap of episode 1 by javabeans and girlfriday: 
http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/08/youths-over-flowers-episode-1/

And I feel like I love Juck even more .... he must be a 40 years old ahjussi with a wife and 2 daughters but he's still a maknae who wanted to be praised by his hyungs .... the recap help a lot to understand the hostel crisis , no wonder he exploded T_T .... waiting for the revelation of Yoon Sang! 
This episode was so funny and emotional .... well played, Na PD!  

Just finished watching the Chinese subs and read DB's recap afterwards. Key highlights that they didn't mention but were hilarious to me were:
In the opening, the graphics team gave the real live llama next to Hee Yeol flowing hair and girly eyelashes.

YHY when reading the travel guide book instead of sleep. Turns out that he only took trips with girls and NEVER guys, which is why he's used to being the one planning out all the details in advance. Even when he's trying to be humble there's still the pervy ulterior motive. For him, it's all about the ladies.
LJ and HY walking back to the first hostel and YS lagging behind.LJ: We have to wait for YS or he'll think we're mad at him. (jokingly)HY: No way, we just have to walk faster or else we'll lose the booking.LJ: No, he'll misunderstood and get mad, lol.HY: That's ridiculous, really?LJ: I think he will.*the two wait for him**cut to YS walking happily* :DHY: Yoon Sang!! *waves him over and sees his face peeking out around the corner*HY: OK, that's good enough to keep him at bay. *keeps walking* xDLJ: No really? Lol, OK. *goes with him* xDThen somehow YS ended up there first happy as he can be!
Tbh, I feel for both YS and LJ. YS was used to being the only child and never having to share a bathroom, and he was feeling really uncomfortable with 4 days worth of grime on him. Then LJ was really trying to be accommodating only to have it jokingly thrown back at his face. He was probably a little stressed too going from one place to another and trying to play peace maker. I've butted heads with friends and family over the littlest things before when traveling, but then everything works out, so it's just a part of traveling. I guess the novelty of Flowers has worn off for DB and team, but this is truly the first time where I've enjoyed watching an episode without feeling frustrated and annoyed ever. I'm only sad that it's just four episodes, and I can't wait until the next! Llama ya! 

^ Llama ya is coming ..... and yep , too bad that we'll see our ahjussis' awesomeness for only 4 episodes T_T I demand another show or them ( and let's include Jong Shin too ) .... they're just too good , they're born to be variety gems! 
Thanks for the translations , @fourleafclover .. really apreciate it ! * hugs * 

the girl who! said: ^ Llama ya is coming ..... and yep , too bad that we'll see our ahjussis' awesomeness for only 4 episodes T_T I demand another show or them ( and let's include Jong Shin too ) .... they're just too good , they're born to be variety gems! 

fourleafclover said: the girl who! said: ^ Llama ya is coming ..... and yep , too bad that we'll see our ahjussis' awesomeness for only 4 episodes T_T I demand another show or them ( and let's include Jong Shin too ) .... they're just too good , they're born to be variety gems! 

the girl who! said: fourleafclover said: the girl who! said: ^ Llama ya is coming ..... and yep , too bad that we'll see our ahjussis' awesomeness for only 4 episodes T_T I demand another show or them ( and let's include Jong Shin too ) .... they're just too good , they're born to be variety gems! 

Archived