[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传

sugarplum892

@Jackie1048  Thank you for the history regarding Tan YunXian.  I am wondering whether in actual history, the two brothers died of natural causes?  Wonder about the short lives?  There are always so much intrigue and plotting so who knows about the actual causes.  But ID is just a fictional drama so they may change the cause of death.

Gorgeous fan art for my favourite snow dance scene.  :wub:

0060JcxTjw1f15npn5u8pj30yi1pcdr6.jpg

0060JcxTjw1f15jb33oshj30yi1pck61.jpg

0060JcxTjw1f15nop92anj30yi1pch01.jpg

0060JcxTjw1f15npav4uzj32qp1miu0x.jpg

0060JcxTjw1f15nphgf4rj30yi1pcncq.jpg

0060JcxTjw1f15nq5sdt9j32qp1minpd.jpg

This fanart of Tan Yunxian is cute and plump.  LOL
00668qIHjw1f15mg9rhzmj30tv1a7k1b.jpg

Tan YunXian and her maid.
642016f3jw1f14sh9dpetj21gz16hn3e.jpg

642016f3jw1f14sh06qcbj20ko3fhe82.jpg

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on ep 6 of this drama and I think I will drop this drama after this ep. The story isn't too bad but for some reason I feel Wallace's acting is just lacking in this character. I really was looking forward to watching this drama and obvi I'm a big fan of Wallace but for the life of me I can't get into this drama. Anyways best of luck to this drama.

@Jackie1048

Btw thanks for the fun facts about Liu ShiShi's character. It's nice of you to help share historical facts with us. :)

Hi there. I stumbled across the episode of the variety program 'A Bright World' when Wallace, Liu Shishi and Yuan Wen Kang (Mongolian guy) were on to promote the show. I didn't see this posted here yet so I thought I might share it :). Check it out if you have time :)

All credit to JiangsuTV's Official Youtube Channel

Also, am I the only one who absolutely loves Empress Qian (Qi Zhen's wife)? I'm currently up to date with this series, I think she's intelligent, understanding and she always does what's she thinks is best for Qi Zhen. At times, I feel so bad for her! 

I actually did a bit of reading into the actual Empress Qian since I love her character here so much. Apparently, 

Spoiler

When Qi Zhen was taken hostage by the Mongols (?), she tried using all her money to pay for his ransom and she was so distressed that cried until she became blind in one eye and became lame in one leg. When Qi Zhen came back and was placed under house arrest, she looked after him and cared for him. 

Source: https://books.google.com.au/books?id=jHdsBgAAQBAJ&pg=PT495&lpg=PT495&dq=empress+qian&source=bl&ots=h5Z5Cne_BO&sig=m33l9HUfKS5U4Lp5Jtj2KQO5h9E&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjD_a2ymovLAhUMFJQKHY-pAA0Q6AEILzAE#v=onepage&q=empress%20qian&f=false 

Writers, please don't turn her into an evil character!

@ei-san_stv

Spoiler

I do not think they will write her into a bad character.  In a recent promotion, she introduced herself as the good Queen.  I like her very much too.

I love Queen Qian too.  She takes care of QiZhen and didn't get into a jealous fit when she knew that QiZhen is interested in Yunxian.

Queen Qian....
4ae957e5jw1f17xbapnc5j20no0vkwid.jpg

4ae957e5jw1f17xbadmfdj20no0vktc4.jpg

4ae957e5jw1f17xbb5bd2j20qo0qo7cy.jpg

4 hours ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Arg i have a feeling with Wallace being the king it will end up like the drama

Hide contents

Qing Shi Huang Fei: The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. Where he loves the girl she doesnt love him and in the end he got nothing. just pain :tears:

I watched that series. That was actually my first historical drama of Wallace Huo. He's pitiful there. I cried a lot because of him. I hope the story will not take that route. ..

I am such a big fan of Liu Shi Shi in traditional roles and garb! She is a delight ever since I watched Bu Bu Jin Xin. And here she is again, romancing princes and kings! 

I really adore this new drama of hers and the medical aspect of it. Coming from a RN perspective, I am at times fascinated (and a little disturbed, haha,) at the different uses of herbs/medicine here.

Here are more of my thoughts and impressions on this drama: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/the-imperial-doctress-female-physcians/

@BaiZiHua  I am at episode 19 now and I must say it has been quite enjoyable...especially the medical part if you don't mind the mismatch to history and Wallace's behaviour.   He tamed down later.....I was totally astounded when he said "You know fart!!" when he deserted the ladies in the horse cart.  So unlike an emperor...haha

Anyway, at ep 18, her dialogue with the Empress Dowager was quite witty and funny....you might enjoy that dialogue.

I always like talented people so watching them at work is pretty charming.

Oh Prince QiYu is getting annoying and Wallace the Emperor more charming.....

@lovehbhjw2013

I think I will wait till you finish the whole drama and come back to see your review on this if you really like it then I might come back and watch it. I love talented actors as well and I love Wallace but I guess he was a little obnoxious in the eps I saw him in I only watched till ep 6. As for the actor Huang Xuan I really loved his character in MI Yue but I agree with you I think he is quite annoying in this drama.

13 hours ago, sugarista said:

I watched that series. That was actually my first historical drama of Wallace Huo. He's pitiful there. I cried a lot because of him. I hope the story will not take that route. ..

I know right? I cried every time too and I loved his character ambition but yet obsessive of love toward the main girl. I feel like the drama might take that route. like

Spoiler

like maybe when he gets capture by the monguls his will to survive is his love for shishi character. his will to live on to see her and will fight till the end to win her.

I do hope that his character won't have the same fate as the drama :(

Thanks, @picadrama for the humorous recaps. I haven't watch the English subbed drama yet.  Been spending 2 hours every night watching the live telecast and among other personal things but hope to start soon to catch up and to discuss further.

I enjoy the annoying Emperor. I guess after watching Wallace plays the serious elegant Bai Zi Hua, I am enjoying this ruffian, his open antics and brashness. Huang Xuan is good as the naive gentle romantic Qi Yu.  I think he's suitable YunXian if not for all the palace plotting which we will have to see whether it will destroy this beautiful relationship.  I truly love Queen Qian.  Hard to find such a Queen in the palace.  Love YuanXian's growth as a naive girl.  She is learning a lot of the real world.  I wonder what will happen when she learns of the people who tried to kill her and family?  :(

Sweet picture of the kind Queen Qian realising that QiZhen likes YunXian.
6d40f7f4jw1f17u2nsr9ng20b4068b2a.gif

Sweet reunion of YunXian and QiYu.
ed47ac0fjw1f18cptawcvj24802tcu0x.jpg

I do not like QiYu's mother.  She's trying break up the two.
ed47ac0fjw1f18dajh20uj20i20adq3m.jpg

@BellyButton

Yay to more love for the Queen! 

I actually think she knew that Qi Zhen liked Yun Xian when they had that talk after the news broke out that Yun Xian had 'died'. I think she was holding back tears when she said she was not jealous...

Forgive me for talking too much about Queen Qian but I'm probably in the minority here who cares about her character the most in this drama haha. 

2 hours ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I know right? I cried every time too and I loved his character ambition but yet obsessive of love toward the main girl. I feel like the drama might take that route. like

Hide contents

like maybe when he gets capture by the monguls his will to survive is his love for shishi character. his will to live on to see her and will fight till the end to win her.

I do hope that his character won't have the same fate as the drama :(

I was totally knocked out by him during glamorous imperial concubine.. I mean wth who's this dude? I mean he's handsome especially when he shows his sad/emote expression. After that i had marathon of his series like perfect couple. i think we will get to see a lot of his sad face for imperial doctress. And luishishi, i like her a lot in BBJX. Rouxi actually left me depressed for a week.. So i think she can deliver this series, actually both of them. So far all of the actors are amazing. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, sugarista said:

I was totally knocked out by him during glamorous imperial concubine.. I mean wth who's this dude? I mean he's handsome especially when he shows his sad/emote expression. After that i had marathon of his series like perfect couple. i think we will get to see a lot of his sad face for imperial doctress. And luishishi, i like her a lot in BBJX. Rouxi actually left me depressed for a week.. So i think she can deliver this series, actually both of them. So far all of the actors are amazing. :rolleyes:

Haha I loved him in glamorous imperial concubine too.

Spoiler

but i just hated how they changed it up so much his character from what was suppose to happen :vicx:

as for shishi I liked her in bbjx but i got bored after it and disliked her character when

Spoiler

she choose the 4th prince lol. Im not a big nicky fan so when she chose the 4th prince since she knew the fate of all the princes and she knew the 4th will be king just to be safe. I gave up but i did watch the last episode and she did fantastic lol.

so this is my theory to what might happen to her and Wallace at the end

Spoiler

maybe in the end, she stayed single since she didn't want to marry Wallace due to the fact that she was his brother concubine (or maybe she wasn't?) and in the end all Wallace can do is watch her from behind in the shadow to protect her while ruling the kingdom. I rather him live than die for her not like in glamorous imperial concubine i cannot go through all those emotions again

Archived