[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传

sugarplum892

On 3/30/2016 at 0:03 PM, SMP567 said:

By chance, does anybody know whether this method actually works, the use of a needle to poke someone's fingers and toes in order to get rid of bad blood from the body as a medical treatment ?

Apparently 泻血療法  is an acknowledged age-old natural method dating back to ancient eras. Literally also known as '*Spilled Blood Therapy'. Originated from the studies of 经络学Meridian/(Body)Channels, 针灸Acupuncture and 拔罐Cupping、

There's also a similar basis therapy - 刺血療法(Pricking Blood Therapy)

For further info (as REFERENCE ONLY), take a look at these resources 刺血法簡史 LINK, 泻血疗法 LINK. and  刺血疗法 LINK or google around for more.

On 3/26/2016 at 8:38 PM, Velvetlake said:

To everyone watching, how good is this drama from 1 to 20? How good is it compared to Nirvana in Fire?

Finally completed this drama. I wasn't able to watch on a current basis, hence could not comment much on this thread. But thanks all for interesting insights, updates and recaps, am still backtracking :)

I can't compare it with Nirvana since I haven't watched it. But I'd give ID high marks (16 out of 20) I LOVE IT! I love the plot theme of Chinese Medicine and I love the CP of Wallace Huo and Liu Shi Shi. They are so good together! LSS deserves top review for her superb acting in this drama. For me, she alone would have been able to carry the show and be interesting enough for me, being the Imperial Doctress, TYX. Wallace was so angstily awesome as QZ too. Too bad that Huang Xuan (IMO) isn't as 'interesting' for me in this drama based on his role, though he did well too. But he more than made up for it in his latest 'The Translator/Interpreter' role where he (with Yang Mi as JiaFei CP) was superb! And there's the Queen too whom I like. Sad that she has to die. 

I agree with some of you on the 'good' ending. The bangle and the book are two significant items about their mutual love. I actually don't think it's an open ending, but rather, it's a happy ending. where YX and QZ ended up together, having loved each other all through the years, and finally their love brought them together, where one waited, one found, and both with their new lease of life, metaphorically.

I also agree with some, that this is a drama adaptation not based entirely on historical facts. So there is no twist of history per se. It's a historical fusion based mainly on some facts and much clever imagination of the writer. Very much like the current popular saguk 'The Flower In Prison', except YX in ID is a real historical figure where ON in TFIP is entirely fictitious.

Definitely a keeper (for me), esp worth rewatching the parts relating to Chinese medicine, and on the CP. WH+LSS. :heart: Btw, one of my fave scenes (bet for many too) was the Snow Dance scene. Just Beautifully Done. So Lovely!:wub:

nBBlxTZ.jpgYMW7pdn.jpg

CR: ID weibo

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived