[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传

sugarplum892

@Immortal_AngelThat is very possible and I would hate that the drama has Queen killed so that QZ and be with YX. I agree that YX also saved QZ in mongolia. He owed her that much but i don't agree to her being the 3rd party in QZ family. QZ may love her more than Queen but he got a complete family with Queen and given YX character, I think she knows not to step the boundary (i hope). 

Infact I think Queen is very happy despite being under house arrest. She's with her husband and son 24 hours. Where else in the palace, QZ has his own chamber and she has her own. She don't get to see her husband unless he comes to visit. Will Queen get pregnant again? A princess this time. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@Immortal_AngelThat is very possible and I would hate that the drama has Queen killed so that QZ and be with YX. I agree that YX also saved QZ in mongolia. He owed her that much but i don't agree to her being the 3rd party in QZ family. QZ may love her more than Queen but he got a complete family with Queen and given YX character, I think she knows not to step the boundary (i hope). 

Infact I think Queen is very happy despite being under house arrest. She's with her husband and son 24 hours. Where else in the palace, QZ has his own chamber and she has her own. She don't get to see her husband unless he comes to visit. Will Queen get pregnant again? A princess this time. 

But then again he is a king after all and they have over 3000 concubines, if he doesn't marry YX there will be another one and then another one. There will also be somebody that will replace YX and it will happen all over again. To me as long as he's true to the Queen and will always love her she won't feel insecure. It can be like Sammul Chan aka Liu Heng and Ruby Lin aka Dou Yifang in the drama "Schemes of a Beauty" . Liu Heng married many wives and but he was still true to Dou Yifang till the end, they had their ups and down and arguments and fights and suspicious but in the end, he still favors her and love no matter how many wives he has.

Dong fang rating 1.725; Jiangsu rating 1.406, both are 1st and 2nd place.. I think Zhu Qi Zhen will have other children because in history he have queen Qian and other concubines in the south Palace and have seven or eight children kk.. on the other hand, Zhu Qi Yu have one son from queen Hang (he demoted queen Wang because she have an objection for queen hang's son (Zhu Jian Qi) to be the crown prince instead of Zhu Qi Zhen's son (Zhu Jian Shen).. however, Zhu Jian Qi died at young age (around 5yo)

In real history, Zhu Qi Yu is a king who slept with many women because he wants to have heirs but he only have one son who died young and left with no child (the funniest part in this drama is Zhu Qi Yu swear to God that he will die early and childless if he intend to steal the crown position from his brother + Wang Mei Lin swear to God with her unborn baby that she never harm Yun Xian LOL, miscarriage in the next episode KKK)

Zhu Qi Yu might be a great king but his bad personalities and characteristics make him not a good person.

Zhu Qi Zhen might be a terrible king but he's a good person with great personalities and characteristics.

(all these are based from historical comments about these two Kings).

It is true that Zhu Qi Zhen is not a wise king but he is a kind hearted person who believes everyone, he trusted Wang Zhen which cause him to loose battle in the war (Tu Mu Bao Zhi Zhan), he trusts & loves Queen Qian, he managed to make the Mongolian to respect him and only acknowledge him as the king of Ming Dynasty and even want to marry the Mongolian Princess to him etc (all these are the real history).. there's a saying, good person can't make into the great king, only those who are calculative and can be a great king.

@Immortal_AngelWhat I meant is if YX/QZ ends up together, it would hurt Queen terribly because of her relationship with YX. If is just another woman, I'm sure QQ is fine with it since QZ did have other 'fei' although he rarely visits. But is different if that person is the one she trusted, treated her like a sister. In episode 20, Queen confessed to YX that seeing QZ feelings towards YX....she does feel sad too. With other concubines, it's just for sexual purpose. But with YX, feelings involved too. Naturally Queen Qian will feel sad - she's a woman afterall and it's sad for her to have to endure her husband's change of heart although for sure she won't utter a word of disapproval. 

@Teng InGlad the drama changed from history. We don't want to see QZ sleeping with other women because in real, Queen Qian got no children.  Side note, whenever feel frustrated after watching QY ML and all the unnecessary people, go back to episode 42 and watch baby crown prince. That's the only shot of him and well taken too. I can watch that scene over and over again as long as without QY ML. 

Anyone noticed Queen outfit very limited? 

15 hours ago, Teng In said:

Saw this in tieba, from Zhu Qi Zhen and Qi Yu's perspectives.. Too accurate, try Google translate it.. anyway, I'm on team queen and king KKK..

镇:允贤,只要你或者就是对我最大的礼物,记住,活着比什么都重要。
钰:我就是允贤的初恋(你就不能为我改个名字吗?)
镇:放开允贤,有什么冲我来,欺负一个女人算什么,好,我跪
钰:我就是允贤的初恋(我为你做了这么多,你就不能为我放弃行医吗?)
镇:你别胡说了,我心里有谁,难道你不清楚?你别误会,我说的是皇后
钰:我就是允贤的初恋(我们刚见面你却想着太上皇一家)
镇:你就这么不待见我吗?
钰:我就是允贤的初恋(你想出宫?你出的去吗?朕是皇上)
镇:允贤,别睡,你要坚持住,你还要去见祈钰,祈钰还在等着你
钰:我就是允贤的初恋
镇:允贤,我有话要对你说,我怕我这次不说就真的没机会说了(省略掉,而后怕允贤有负担)我当时冻傻了,说的话别放在心上
钰:我就是允贤的初恋(我跟汪美麟就是玩玩的,我对她说她是我的NO.1,但是其实你在我心中才是零顺位。)
镇:住口,杭女官跟随朕在瓦剌吃尽苦头护得朕周全,我不要听到任何侮辱她的风言风语
钰:我他妈的一直把你当块宝,你倒好,背着我跟这个搞了再跟那个搞,你他妈对得起我吗,老子今晚就要验明正身,没准老子他妈早就成了刷锅的了
镇:我没资格管,我把天下都给你了,你说要照顾她一生一世不让她受一点伤害的,可是你做到了吗?
钰:朕现在是皇上,朕想让你干什么你就得干什么
 在祁镇做皇上的时候,是她救了允贤,是他帮谭家洗刷冤屈,是他宁可跟太后撕破脸也要保护允贤,救人没有求报答,帮他们家没有以此为功德去让谭家以报恩的形式来把允贤嫁给他,要知道在谭家人眼里,皇上才是他们的救世主,在他被俘瓦剌的时候,宁可舍弃帝王的尊严下跪(最后没跪)以求允贤平安,自己不吃饭也要让允贤吃,生死边缘为了找人救差点冻死。
 在祈钰不是皇上的时候,在还没有得到父母允许的情况下偷入闺阁求允贤为他妈治病,在明明是皇上叫王振替允贤解围的情况下允贤说是他救的默认,在跟允贤相处的时候希望允贤为了他改名字,为了他别去做医生,当了皇帝以后彻底黑化,
一个是为你做任何事,一个是你要为我牺牲任何事
也许这个电视剧最后的结局就是女主从一而终,不过作为一个曾经的路人不是谁的粉,我昨天已经彻底被圈成暖男朱祁镇的粉了,这样的男的,别说女的,就算是我这个男的,也觉得他为允贤做的实在是太多太多了,祈钰能做的我自认基本都可以做到,不就是每天说爱你一遍又一遍再一遍吗,可是祁镇对允贤做的,我自认根本不可能做到这样。
 也许剧照中人物衣服的颜色也有一定深意
深色的祁镇和浅色的允贤,注定情‘深’缘‘浅吧
’It takes three seconds to say “I love you”, three hours to explain it, and a lifetime to 
prove it. 我爱你,说出来只要3秒钟,解释需要三小时,证明却需要一辈子

Spoiler

ZQZ: YX, you are the greatest gift for me. Remember, staying alive is more important than anything (I don’t care for your ‘name’ or virginity, just don’t die)
ZQY: I am YX’s first love (Why you cannot change your name for me? Then, YX promised ZQY and changed her name)
ZQZ: Let go of YX, come to me if there is anything! What kind of a man you are if you bully a girl. Ok! I will kneel down! (When the Mongolian King tease ZQZ in the camp)
ZQY: I am YX’s first love (I have done so much for you, why you cannot let go of your dream for me? (YX loves and dedicates to medical)
ZQZ: Nah, do not talk nonsense. There is someone in my heart, do not tell me that you did not know. Please do not misunderstanding, I meant Queen Qian is in my heart.
ZQY: I am YX’s first love (We have just met and you keep thinking about Tai Shang Huang family? (Zhu Qi Zhen is the Tai Shang Huang – Previous King, Tai Shang Huang Hou – Previous Queen, Queen Qian and Zhu Jian Shen – crown prince)
ZQZ: You don’t like to see me? Okay~
ZQY: I am YX’s first love (You want to go out from the palace? Do you think you can? I am the King!)
In the snow storm scene:
ZQZ: YX, don’t sleep (don’t close your eyes). Stay with me, hold on, keep holding on, you still have to go back and see QY, QY is still waiting for you! 
ZQZ: YX, I have something to tell you. I am afraid that if I don’t say it now, I will not have chance anymore (they are freezing to death and thought they cannot survive anymore)
……ZQZ CONFESSION TIME TO YX……
After both got rescued by the Joseon businessmen, ZQZ afraid that his confession will becomes a burden to YX, then he claimed: I was froze until I can’t think of the right thing, please don’t take it serious. You still have QY.
ZQY: I am YX’s first love (Me and Wang Mei Lin is just husband and wife by name, I am just playing with her feeling. I might be her number one but you are the most important woman in my heart. (But when ZQY argue with YX, he will go to find WML and have sex with her LOL)
ZQZ: Shut up! Close your mouth! Official Hang (YX) have been following and staying loyal to me in Mongol, suffering a lot just to assure my safety. I do not want to listen to any flying rumors that defame her name!
ZQY: I treat you as my precious but you !@#$%^&*(). Behind me, you have been with other guys?!?! With ZQZ, with Ye Xian, tonight, I want to check whether are you still pure!!!
ZQZ: I cannot interfere and care about YX? I gave you the whole world (means he gave up his throne and give it to ZQY). You said that you will take good care of her forever, you said that you will not let her suffer from anything. BUT, did you keep your promise?
ZQY: I am the King, I want you to do as what I want/say!

When ZQZ is the King: 
-    He save YX by ordering Wang Zhen 
-    He help Tam family to clear their name
-    He is willing to fight with Mother Queen to protect YX
-    He save her without asking her to give back or repay anything
-    He never ask YX to marry him for all the stuffs that he did for her
-    He told Queen Qian that he just want to stay beside her, he did not want to make her his concubine because he knew she is a person who cannot live in the palace, he knows she belongs to medical world and freedom.
-    In Tam’s family, Granny and YX father knows that ZQZ is the real savior for Tam’s family, that is why General Hang is so loyal to ZQZ.
-    When he was held hostage in Mongolia, he is willing to let go of his dignity and honor as a King and kneel down in front of Da Han (the fat Mongolian King).
-    ZQZ rather starves but want YX to eat his portion 
-    ZQZ can give away his fur jacket to YX, seek for help alone in the snow storm and almost die of freezing. 
When ZQY is not a King:
-    He did not get permission from YX’s father and granny then sneaked into her room to ask her to save his mother who are sick
-    When eunuch Wang Zhen save YX (she was captivated and held in jail) out of ZQZ’s order, YX asked ZQY if he is the one that help her, he just nod hid head (it’s like he silently agree that he’s the one that save YX when in reality, it was ZQZ but ZQZ never tell YX about this thing).
-    He want YX to change her name for him because of his mother
-    He want YX to give up medical for him because of the perspective from the others in Ming Dynasty
-    He becomes the King and turns evil.

Maybe this drama will have an ending where the lead girl will stay loyal to the 2nd lead guy. But we never know. Anyway, I still prefer ZQZ and Queen Qian!
ZQY only know to express his love to YX by saying I love you every time but ZQZ express his love through actions.

For me this is the 3rd Tong Hua drama with Liu Shi Shi. 

Bu bu Jing xin, ballad of the desert and now Imperial doctress.

Her spunky and fearless characterizations attract loads of suitors.

Bbjx:  4th, 8th, and 14th prince

Ballad of the Desert: general Wei ji, 9th lord, jie tribe leader 

Imperial doctress: qz, qy, and mongol prince.

What a heartbreaker! Haha!

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

@Immortal_AngelWhat I meant is if YX/QZ ends up together, it would hurt Queen terribly because of her relationship with YX. If is just another woman, I'm sure QQ is fine with it since QZ did have other 'fei' although he rarely visits. But is different if that person is the one she trusted, treated her like a sister. In episode 20, Queen confessed to YX that seeing QZ feelings towards YX....she does feel sad too. With other concubines, it's just for sexual purpose. But with YX, feelings involved too. Naturally Queen Qian will feel sad - she's a woman afterall and it's sad for her to have to endure her husband's change of heart although for sure she won't utter a word of disapproval. 

Well to me I love the Queen, and I don't want her to get hurt. But then its a bit selfish on her part, I know every queen is like that but then you know your fate once you marry a king. As long as your the queen and get a ounce of attention from the king that knows he owes you his life then that would be good. She treats YX as a sister but did she ever think because of this promise, YX chose to be with QY instead and her fate ended up like this? I understand that Queen Qian feels sad that QZ has love for another woman but she should understand that he's a king after all and he won't always stay loyal to one women. As long as he still loves her and trust her that is all she should care, but now because of what she asked YX to do and knowing what type of person is YX she would keep that promise and wouldn't accept QX love but QY instead and now her fate?

The reason I'm using Schemes of Beauty as a reference is because Dou Yifang herself is like the queen. She was generous and kind heart and risk everything for him to be a king and knows he slept with her close friend/sister she chose to ignore it. Though she was mad she still accept it and look at her till today she was one of the well known Queen in history.

I'll admit, considering my favourite character in this show is Queen Qian (and I will therefore always be biased towards her) there are many times where I got quite annoyed with QiZhen for being too 'open' about his feelings for YunXian and really thinking about the consequences his actions will have on his wife. For example, just in the latest preview ...

Spoiler

when he basically said that even if YunXian were to die (from helping dealing with the disease outbreak), he would die with her (presumably from also dealing with the disease outbreak). In my head, I couldn't help going "What about your wife and child?!~~" during that moment.

(The funny thing is, I'm actually watching most of the previews using Youku and they have this thing where comments from viewers would pop up on the screens as the video plays. After he said that, I did notice that quite comments had also echoed my sentiments haha)

However, I would prefer my 'threesome' of Queen Qian, QiZhen and YunXian for the ending. I actually think that if the 'threesome' were to happen, it would actually be quite similar to the scenario near the beginning of the drama where YunXian was living with Queen Qian and two were treating each other like 'sisters'. Even then, Queen Qian was aware that YunXian and QiZhen quite possibly had romantic feelings for each other and she has shown that she does feel quite a bit jealous and a bit sad. But even then, she just dealt with it and still treated both QiZhen and YunXian as very dear family members. Remember, she even reprimanded YunXian for swearing to heaven that she'll die by lightning if she did develop romantic feelings for QiZhen and told YunXian that those are not the type of things you should swear your life on. Therefore, if QiZhen end up taking YunXian as a concubine, then of course Queen Qian would be jealous and a bit sad but she'll just deal with it in her own dignified way as she has done throughout the whole drama.

(If that scenario were to happen though, I just hope that QiZhen would not spend all this time with YunXian and forget about Queen Qian and his son completely.... And again, writers, please don't kill off Queen Qian just so YunXian and QiZhen can have the 'perfect' OTP ending)

@Teng In  Thank you for the translation.  Certainly, QZ has done more for YunXian.  But I suppose.. LOVE IS BLIND.  YX, although she is disappointed with QY, still loves QY I think.  

Yeah, unfortunately, we didn't much much of QZ junior.  But I think we should because in the trailer still, there is a shot of QZ's son!  

Spoiler

Looks like QY is redeeming himself and he realised he has been harsh on his brother.  Glad and that makes me feel better and more deserving of YunXian.  But tragically, as he realises his wrongs, retribution falls on him from the evil hands of WML.  Instead of killing YX, she kills her own husband instead.  

Anyone could tell what was the 'soup' which was served to YunXian?  

Holy smoke.  Tomorrow's the last two eps.  The last few eps is moving fast.  

I'm really frustrated!!!

I'm watching this drama without subs! I'm only relying on their actions.

I'm frustrated with TYX, in front of her is the Shinny golden QZ but she choose the rusted iron bar QY. ugh

i can't handle the frustration! i need eps 47, 48, 49 and 50 ASAP!

There were so many QZ-TYX scenes, they were together in the most difficult time, WHY is everything in QY's favor!!!! ugh!!!

That rape scene sets QZ and QY leagues apart! QY is despicable!

QY raped YX because he did not believe she was still a virgin after returning from Mongolia with QZ and suppposedly married YeXian.   He is an insecure and impulsive man but he only became like this after he became the Emperor because he started having the greed to guard his power.  He is actually not Emperor material and he would fare better as a scholarly person.

His main problem is his love for YX is built on the premise of jealousy.  He is jealous of QZ because everyone thinks so highly of him...that is because he rolled up his sleeves to help around unlike QY.  QZ learned the hard way when he was in Mongolia.  Due to his jealousy, he gave his Empress a chance to fool him in several things including making him believe the Empress Dowager Sun is his arch enemy.  WML is the worst person in QY's life....she cost him to have a short life....  I think he has started drinking the poison meant for YX...prepared by WML.

YX is truly disappointed in QY's behaviour though she still loves him inside her.  She is helpless to help him overcome his weakness...the moment WML dropped a bomb....QY will turn into a monster again.  QY also failed to honour his words to YX to continue to be a doctor...several times he had stopped her and I think this part totally put YX off.

On the other hand, QZ who cannot win YX's heart tried so hard to appreciate her as she is.  YX will never allow herself to come between Empress Qian and QZ but she got to see the wonderful side of QZ who has grown up......while QY became more and more immature.

I'm really sorry all i do in this thread is rant!!!

so here's some more rant, i'll hide it so that those who doesn't want to read rants will jut have to skip this

Spoiler

What i don't understand is, they build the story up around TYX and QZ. The story was where they were.

If this writers plans to have TYX and QY end up with each other they should have invested more on TYX and QZ moments, but no! they have invested so much on TYX and QZ moments and now they are practically making QY the villian but till TYX was with him

It'slike the writers are torturing us! and boy they are succeeding!!! My frustration and my disappointment is climbing!
They should've left QZ alone if TYX will end up with QY! ugh am so mad!

Spoiler

I've watch finished all 50 episodes and as a fan of Wallace Huo, I am so sad that we will not have any more of his drama to watch this year since he's focusing on movies.. 

Real spoiler 

Spoiler

I watch the leak version and I really hope that they have film a few endings.. I am really dissatisfied with the ending that I watched.. 

Spoiler

They twisted the history a lot.. I will watch tonight's episode to see if there's any difference from the leak version.. 

just saw the preview of the endings

Spoiler

look like QY got poison and is dying and asked QZ to take care of YX and his baby and in the end QZ forgave his brother and they hugged it out. the evil queen went crazy and looks like YX will have a miscarriage cause of QY mother and YX doesn't seem to care much?

Looks like a sad ending for both QZ and YX both goes separate ways :(

@Teng InMost of WH drama, the ending sucks. I nearly banged my head on the wall in TJOF ending, so here, I try to keep calm. 

Just a sharing - i discussed this drama with my aunt who is also watching. Her perspective is different but I can understand her point of view. This drama is supposed to be in the Ming Dynasty. Ancient times. Women that era are not seen/heard. YX is one of the rare species who can come out to treat people. Most women are kept behind doors until they are of marriageable age. 

In her opinion, YX will never marry QZ because (1) she is married to QY. There is a saying which goes, marry a chicken follow the chicken. Marry a dog follow the dog. YX married QY so good or bad, she has to follow him till the end. In ancient time, when you give or lose your chastity to that man, you are his woman. Women who already has a man don't leave him and go to another man. True that QZ does not care whether she is a virgin or not but the woman herself (women of that era) don't go to other man when she is no longer a virgin.  (2) YX made a vow to Queen (Queen did not force her) so if the writer has YX break her promise, it would reflect very badly on YX herself, that she isn't a woman of integrity. Again, vows made in that era are very sacred, what more, infront of a statue. (3) She would not return to Mongolia because like I said earlier, she is QY woman. A chinese saying, alive is QY wife, dead is QY ghost. 

So let's see la...what's the ending. Any baby Prince? So reluctant to watch QY ML....  

On March 7, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Duranis said:

from

@Duranis That QZ's letter was sort of late imperial edict form with apology to current emperor "He said he was the one who gave permission to YX to teach palace maids medicine and let them examine sick palace maids before distributing the medicine without consulting the ministers while they were in Mongolia." Basically, he took the blame for her as WGG and other ministers were trying to get YX killed or deposed by indicating that she was teaching palace maids and letting them practice without QY's and their knowledge. By having QZ's late edict, they can't kill or blame YX anymore as she was just following emperor's decree. 

However, YX was still punished by QY saying that she could not leave her palace building compound to reflect on her actions (it was decreed as by QY's mom who is current empress dowager and supposedly most powerful woman of the back palace). 

@BellyButton The soup that QY drank at YX's place (the one that meant for YX) is just sour plum soup and it is supposed to help with morning sickness. It was served chill and YX decided to drink later when warmer.  WML put the grinded powder of those sparkling stones which were used to cut hard rocks (including Jade). It must have very hard crystal formation and it will be hard to get rid of if deposited in human organs. Since it is not toxin, you can't detect it with testing but I guess its effect can be similar to heavy metal poisoning. Since there is no blood test at that era, doctors won't notice it either.

Archived