Details:

Title: 女医·明妃传 / Nǚyī míng fēi chuán
English title: The Imperial Doctress 
Genre: Historical & Romance

Episodes: 50

Producer: Karen Tsoi
Screenwriter: Zhang Wei
Director: Lee Kwok Lap & 
Zheng Wei Wen (Three Kingdoms Secret 三国机密 )

Broadcast Date: February 13, 2016 - March 9, 2016

Broadcast Days: Sundays - Saturdays (2 episodes per day)

Cast:

Liu Shi Shi - Tan Yun Xian
Zhang Zi Mu - Young Tun Xian
Wallace Huo - Zhu Qi Zhen
Lou Yun Hao - Young Zhu Qi Zhen
Huang Xuan - Zhu Qi Yu
Wu Ze Jin Zi - Young Zhu Qi Yu
Yuan Wen Kang - Ye Xian
Li Chao - Bayan Temur

Synopsis:

A drama which depicts the legendary life of Tan Yun Xian, who through her enthusiasm and persistence, overcame many difficulties and rose through the ranks to become the most famous female doctor of the Ming Dynasty.

Watch it here with English subs when it comes out!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Raw Preview:

OSTs:

LaLa Hsu - Raining Is Coming

Additional Links:

The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传 Raw Episodes

The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传 Weibo Page

The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传 Facebook Page

Three Kingdoms Secret 三国机密 Official Drama Thread

News & Information:

Cecilia Liu Reunites Wallace Huo for Third Time With "The Imperial Doctress"
Wallace Huo Reunites With Liu Shi Shi as "The Imperial Doctress" in Gorgeous New Period C-Drama

Credits: SpecnetTV

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Cecilia Liu studies traditional medicine for new seriesCecilia Liu studies traditional medicine for new series

Actress Cecilia Liu recently admitted that playing the role of Ming Dynasty's famous female Chinese physician Tan Yunxian in her upcoming series, "The Imperial Doctress", has its own sets of challenges compared to her other costume drama characters.

According to Sina's Daily News, Cecilia stated to the media at the press conference of the drama in Hangzhou on 7 July, that she had taken brief lessons with a traditional physician to learn the basics of Chinese medicine and treatment in preparation for the role.

"I was taught how to handle acupuncture needles properly, learn the important pressure points of the human body, as well as several massage techniques," disclosed the actress. "It poses a different kind of challenge."

She continued, "There's a lot of jargon in the script and you can get confused very easily when it comes to the Chinese medical terms. Some of them sound quite similar to each other, though they have very different meanings."

Set in the 1400s, "The Imperial Doctress" tells the story of Tan Yunxian, the granddaughter of a physician who broke tradition and became a female physician, eventually becoming one of the most famous female imperial physicians of the Ming Dynasty.

Wallace Huo also stars in the series as Zhu Qizhen, along with Huang Xuan as Zhu Qiyu. The two will play as Tan's love interests and royal siblings who eventually became the Emperor of China.

Source

• 5 weeks later...

@ebullience, thank you so much for starting this thread....

wow.. Looks like the Chinese Dae Jang-Geum...!

I am happy to see that Viki already has a page for it.

https://www.viki.com/tv/23841c-the-imperial-doctress?q=The Imperial Doctress

Please lets all favorite it... And also fill in the title request form on Viki

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

And I suggest to also send a title request form for DramaFever

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series-

When filling in the forms I suggest to give title in both English and Chinese, just as posted in the name of the thread

The Imperial Doctress 女医·明妃传

• 4 weeks later...

The trailer is amazing.....  I so hope someone subs it.

Good news.... Viki's page already has over 100 favorites...  Please add your voice as requested above.

http://www.viki.com/tv/23841c-the-imperial-doctress?q=the imperial doctress

Also submit title request form:

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Here is a Koala's Playground write up

http://koalasplayground.com/2014/06/19/the-imperial-doctress-with-wallace-huo-and-liu-shi-shi-releases-dazzling-drama-stills/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@ebullient,  Thanks for opening this thread..   So the remake of Dae Jae Gum is the Imperial Doctress I was kind of skeptical when I first heard this but stumble up on the preview and it looks really interesting I don't know why I have Wallace Ho mixed with the other one but I'm really looking forward to this which will make me give Kdrama a rest for a minute.. I seen no specific date it's supposed to air..  Well looks like I will be in good company with a lot of familiar names so I'll just say hello for now..   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

still no date for this serie. They keep pushing the date until when? (I don't think they would airing when Wallace still promote Hua Qian Gu). Probably when it's end the serie so they will maybe airing in september or october. ^^ the third collaboration from Wallace & Liu Shi Shi (before she become Mr Wu now hehe) yes she married Nicky finally !!!! ^^

still here some poster 

%E5%A5%B3%E5%8C%BB%C2%B7%E6%98%8E%E5%A6%

41836-15012210031YR.jpg

xuni14.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone :) 

The broadcast date is confirmed as 2-15-16. Looks like a really interesting cdrama. The chinese medical theme is one that I love. Can't wait :P 

People.com  人民网:《女医明妃传》定档2月15日 

刘诗诗霍建华黄轩

陷三角虐恋

(Translation: The Imperial Doctress. Confirmed Broadcast on 2-15-16.

Liu Shi Shi | Wallace Huo | Huang Xuan

Will Fall Into A Triangular Melo Romance.)

S9xpXZ6.jpg

ihyrlya.jpg

CR: People.com  人民网

Archived