[Reality Show] MBC Sunday Night - Real Man (진짜 사나이) Season 2

Guest napimve

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised mbc isn't pushing to get this show subbed. Not only did I find it funny and heartwarming, but it also could be a great teaching tool to the international community about the culture of the South Korean military. Especially with the negative stuff in the media about the military lately.

Guest theluckystar

unkyung said: I'm surprised mbc isn't pushing to get this show subbed. Not only did I find it funny and heartwarming, but it also could be a great teaching tool to the international community about the culture of the South Korean military. Especially with the negative stuff in the media about the military lately.

Guest rndl176

If my korean is good,i wanna help. But,the only i knew was the basics one . But other than language i think i can do it. I can be a timer and type setter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started watching it because of CHUN JUNG MYUNG. When i found out that he left i was really sad =(( and now that he's not part of this show anymore i don't think i will continue on watching this... But if in future he comes back then...   [-O< 

• 4 weeks later...

I can't figure out why any popular celebrity would want to join Real Men unless they are trying to save their career.
The management for Henry Lau did a great gamble to sign him on Real Men.  His out-of-sync behaviour in the army caused his popularity to skyrocket and saved his career. You either love him or hate him. But his scenes are the ones that make me laugh my head off all the time from episode 45 onwards, driving away all my tiredness.  The Korean guys will hate him because his behaviour will embarrass or bring trouble to the whole unit. If first impression counts, Henry Lau is an antagonism magnet. It's a lesson for us joining a new career or a new company.  EQ matters.  But sincerity matters more than being politically correct. At every farewell, I noticed Henry received the warmest hugs from the non-celebrity team-mates. And to build camaraderie in a mere week takes the eight of them more than cursory efforts in front of the camera.
I am still picking nuggets of gold watching this show.
It's kind of sad that it's not being sub. I looked forward to all the moments the team meets the Commanding Officer on the first day.
Seo Kyung-seok spluttered so much saliva with his shouting of allegiance that the CO literally had to use his hankie to wipe those saliva from his face.
Seo Kyung-seok joined the Golden Eagle Unit and he shouted his resolution to the CO, "I will not become an old eagle."Henry mistook the CO for the driver in previous episode and he went, "Have we met before?"Henry ran out of things to greet the CO, and he said,"Hi I am xxxxHenry, have you had your meal?"Henry was in the Philippines greeting the CO, "I promised to do ......but I want to try Philippine mangoes too."Henry flipped out his new album to give to the CO on the first day at the special forces unit.Henry decided that instead of roaring "huk huk huk" while doing taekwondo, he would say "bam bam bam" "neck slice" instead.  The biggest hurdle during the taekwondo session is learning not to burst out laughing.  

• 1 month later...
Guest lovesmelovesmenoot

why not many international fans love this show??

i think this show is so great! too bad they didn't do the subtitle. But still i watch it anyway :D

I still in my marathon session when Chun Jung Myung still on the cast (i watched this because of him, btw :x ) but will go backwards to see the season 1.

the more i see it, the more fun that I've got! hahaha.
No wonder this is a very famous variety show in korea at the moment.

Guest tookie18

I really like the show Real Men and have been watching it from the beginning. Sometimes, the show is extremely funny. A lot of times I have laughed so hard that I could not breath, no joke.

This season's show is ok, but it would be much, much better if everyone in the show were showcased, instead of one or two individuals that may be MORE popular or handsome than someone else.

The show is very long and it would not be difficult to give everyone equal time or at least some. Also, sometimes, the canned laugh track is out of place in some scenes or in the wrong place

In last night's show only two people were showcased. Why were the others not given more time? I would have liked to have seen everyone else's skills, abilities or whatever it is they are supposed to be doing in the service. In reality that would never happen. I thought that everyone that serves in the military does an equal share.

In addition, it was a good thing that the guys got haircuts that makes them look like REAL soldiers.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season. Would like to be able to see the full cast. Please keep up the good work. Thanking you in advance.

Guest tookie18

Temp

@angelangie

Hi,

Would it be possible to direct me to the sysnopsis of the show "Real Men?" I tried to find it by looking in several places online, but was not successful. Most of the information available online referred to last season's show.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Guest tookie18

Temp

@angelangie

Hi,

Would it be possible to direct me to the sysnopsis of the show "Real Men?" I tried to find it by looking in several places online, but was not successful. Most of the information available online referred to last season's show.

Thank you in advance for your help.

@tookie18 i'm not too sure, have you try kshowonlines? they might have it

@angelangie

Thank you, I will check there.

Guest tookie18

My view is, the show was very nice yesterday, Sunday. It was really good to see everyone on the show. I liked that we got to see the Chef at work cooking for the soldiers. His job is ONE of the most IMPORTANT of all, by helping to keep the guys healthy and strong, in order for them to get the job done. Overall, "Real Men" is a good show. 

Would like to say more, but I do not want to mess up anyone's name. I was trying to find the rundown, sysnopsis or something with the cast names listed, in order to mention who was doing what. I know a few of them, but would like to learn all of their names.

Good job! Please keep them coming. See you next Sunday! Thanks.

Guest tookie18

@lovesmelovesmenoot

Hi,

would you happen to know when the post from the temporary forum Real Men will be merged, it had been almost a week. I last posted Sunday and would like to post another comment. Have been waiting patiently for the date April 28 to get changed. I realize that I can post anytime.

I am an avid fan of Real Men and watch it every week.

Thank for your help and any information you may have in advance.

Guest lovesmelovesmenoot

hi @tookie18 :)

to be honest i dunno too hahhaha..

i think we already back to the real forum now.

• 1 month later...
Guest tookie18

Since I last posted, the past several shows have been excellent! 

It it is truly a good thing to see all off the guys equally showcased. To tell the truth, out there on the battlefield the bullets do not discriminate, furthermore, they could care less who is a star or not. 

I saw some of the "Real Men" servicemen on the "Golden Fishery Show" and Sam Okyere on a another show. I am in the process of memorizing all of the cast members names, so next time I will mention everyone.

It would have been nice to see all of the men read their letters that they had written home to their families, also to jump off of the diving board, even if they mess up. It is exciting to see the service men train even when they get it wrong and make mistakes. Although, the things they have to do are hilarious at times.

I am attaching a photo of a close family member that served in the Korean War that fought right along beside the South Koreans. His name was Sam too, I was inspired because of all of the SAMs on the show last season and this one. Another family member who served in a later generation and was also stationed in South Korea as a cook his entire stay in South Korea. For these reasons I love the show "Real Men" and I hope it last many, many more seasons.

It is very thoughtful to remember the birthdays of the soldiers, but the birthday guy almost did not get to eat his seaweed soup because the man sitting next to him kept digging in his bowl taking big helpings of his soup without even asking. The look on the birthday boy's face was priceless. It is captivating watching the chef and the other soldiers prepare the food for the guys. By the way who is that mean old lady in the kitchen? She had them shaking in their boots. The way she hit on that pole was weird and scary.

One one day I found my family member, Sam's obituary and his old Motown Oldies But Goodies CD. The photo of him dressed in his uniform is on the the front of it. I took a photo of  it and would like to share it in this forum.

Please keep the excellent shows coming and thank you so very much for showing the world that there is diversity in South Korea.

Anyway, I tried to post the photo of my family member Sam, however, I was not allowed to posts it here for some reason, maybe it is not allowed. Just know that Sam looks handsome and brave in his uniform he wore during the time he fought in the Korean War.

Once again, I love the "Real Men" show.    Will see you next Sunday.

Please forgive my paragraphs that are out of order, I was trying to remember as much as I could from the past three shows and had not previously prepared what I was going to write.

Episode 110/111 on savaging the remains of the Korean War veterans had me gasping. The cartridges, dog-tags, water cannisters, photos......and bones. The entire place is an archaeological site. I wonder how is DNA extracted without the teeth.....

I found the website with all the episodes in Chinese subs. I don't mind helping to translate such a good show to English but I do not know how.

Archived