[Current KBS Drama 2014] There's The Cat! Meow / My Dear Cat 고양이는 있다

Felicia Soh

Ok guys.. I can never really watch KBS1 or KBS drama's live with out changing my proxy info and I have too much other stuff running without booting up another pc..  so I have to go with the raw video.. I am currently pulling down the raw.. IF you guys want.. after I get the family fed and get coffee if you want I can do a scene recap for you but it may be a little late in an hour or two not sure if I can do video in it like I normally do because for some reason KBSDrama never lets me see them due to my region I have to wait for KBS world...so I leave it up to you what you would like..

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dear Cat Episode 1 Review: Choi Yoon Young Dreams about a Cat class="post-title"My Dear Cat Episode 1 Review: Choi Yoon Young Dreams about a Cat

1365063832-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=13&random= via No comments 0 views Jun 9, 2014share0 share0 share0

In

My Dear Cat, episode 1, Go Yang Soon(played by Choi Yoon Young) dreamed about a cat.

Yang Soon got out of a bank and had a handful of cash. However, people on the streets started to yell at her and chase after her. Yang Soon tried her best to run away but people eventually took her cash, and the cash was spread all over the street.

Yang Soon followed one of the cash but it kept slipping away. She almost reached it when the money suddenly disappeared. She then realized that she was lost in a forest. Just then, she found a cat staring at her. She approached the cat to stroke it, when she heard a phone ringing.

Yang Soon woke up from a dream and wondered why she dreamed about a cat.

Cr. Kdrama

Ep 1)  My dear cat..

Yang Soon got out of a bank and had a handful of cash. However, people on the streets started to yell at her and chase after her. Yang Soon tried her best to run away but people eventually took her cash, and the cash was spread all over the street.

Yang Soon followed one of the cash but it kept slipping away. She almost reached it when the money suddenly disappeared. She then realized that she was lost in a forest. Just then, she found a cat staring at her. She approached the cat to stroke it, when she heard a phone ringing.

Yang Soon woke up from a dream and wondered why she dreamed about a cat.

My Dear Cat Episode 1 Review: Choi Yoon Young Dreams about a Cat

Ys was having a nice "nicemere."

@valsava how was the first episode?it was light and funny?didn't yet get the chance to see the 1st episode :DMan i really hope they won't ruin this drama as well,like how they kinda did with Melody of Love to say so,starting so good,full of fun into what finished with all the secrets...can't tehhy keep one genre tillt he end or is such a difficult task...

@Miky88,  Hello,.. I was watching and trying to enjoy got to the part of mother and sister arguing and todou started clowning decided to save it for this afternoon.. But I have been waiting for this day so got it on Dm lost a commercial but it will show without problems.. 
So the first episode was funny..I hope it stay on this path MOL got bad around ep 105 for me.. So maybe a cat is what we need to keep the daytime a lil funny and not off the deep end with stupidity like it always been..  

@valsava Thanks for the insights,i've put the ep on DL and going to watch it soon so now even more happy knowing it will be fun...totally loving Hyun Woo,hope the leading heroine will be a pleasant surprise and make me like and root for her and with not so much doze of stupidity/inocence in their case...and as a cat lover i really will enjoy the cat and her story arc,if she will have a bigger one...and indeed hope the secrets will not be sooooooo doom on our charcaters life and turn all rainyi see that the writer is fairly new to say so,her other drama was Samsaengi as a long project

Miky88 said: @valsava Thanks for the insights,i've put the ep on DL and going to watch it soon so now even more happy knowing it will be fun...totally loving Hyun Woo,hope the leading heroine will be a pleasant surprise and make me like and root for her and with not so much doze of stupidity/inocence in their case...and as a cat lover i really will enjoy the cat and her story arc,if she will have a bigger one...and indeed hope the secrets will not be sooooooo doom on our charcaters life and turn all rainyi see that the writer is fairly new to say so,her other drama was Samsaengi as a long project

@LdyGmerm,.. Good Evening and thanks for the recap.. You know summer vacation so you may want to save this drama til the afternoons..

• Choi Yoon-young as Go Yang-soon
  • Hyun Woo as Yum Chi-woong
  • Choi Min as Yoon Sung-il

Go Yang-soon's Family

• Dokgo Young-jae as Go Dong-joon
  • Lee Kyung-jin as Han Young-sook
  • Park So-hyun as Han Eun-sook

Yum Chi-woong's Family

• Lee Jae-yong as Yum Byung-sook
  • Seo Yi-sook as Hong Soon-ja
  • Choi Sung-min as Yum Chi-joo

Yoon Sung-il's Family

• Hwang Bum-sik as Yoon Noh-in
  • Kim Seo-ra as Yoon Jung-hye
  • Go Won-hee as Shin Ji-eun

• Go Ys and Go Dj seems to have a family connection he may be her brother..
    So the first episode is just and introduction of the cast and I'm liking Ys she seems not to be a push over from her office co workers.. 
    Also is strawberry the hair color this season I noticed in another drama one of 2nd leads in the cast has strawberry color hair..  
    But the cat belongs to G/Pa and his world has stop without that cat..LOL
    Well I'm not going to complain about the first episode because I like it so I'll watch to see if my prediction is right.. Also It looks like Ys and mom lives with her Aunt..   

Appreciate everyone especially @valsava, @Ldy_Gmerm, @milky88 and @suchadiva42 for all the insightful post and comment on the 1st episode - sounds like everyone enjoyed the story line. Huge thanks to @Lady_Gmerm for the lengthy recap.  Welcome to the thread @enjoykoreaand...

I'll come back with my thoughts when I am done with watching...again, thank you everyone for all the interesting post.

Rating 1st  - 23.5% (Seoul), 1st -  21.8% (Nationwide)

AGB Nielsen recorded  - 23.3% (Seoul)

Source : TNMS

I love Hyun Woo Oppa, you can visit his soompi thread anytime here - http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2020087/hyun-woo-%ED%98%84%EC%9A%B0-kim-hyun-woo#latest
And daebak for the 1st episode of My Dear Cat! Fighting!

Thank you @Lhay for dropping by here to provide us with an easy access to Hyun Woo's thread. His smiles carry so much happiness and oozes charm that we find so much comfort being with him.

I still didn't manage to watch the 1st episode because my internet connection is so bothersome today.  Hope to catch up soon.

Btw, Jun Hyosung appeared as a guest in yesterday KBSW "Hello Counsellor" - immediately after the show, they aired her solo debut song, "Good night Kiss". I guess KBS is giving her more air time since "My Dear Cat" will soon debut in KBSW.

Here's some captures from the drama 1st episode...

64140075.3.jpg

Whoa.....both actresses wore white top....I like Choi Yoon-young's hairstyle whereas the length of Hyosung's fringe seems to be a bit bothersome. Her hair color goes well with white - total contrast.  

20140610003553_0.jpg
Source : Naver

Guest enjoykoreandramas

Thks @Ldy Gmerm for the detailed recap. Must have been very tedious n time consuming! Greatly appreciate yr effort. Thks @Valsava n @Felicia Soh! Looks like we have a nice friendly group in this thread!

My Dear Cat Episode 2 Review: Choi Yoon Young Brings a Cat Home class="post-title"My Dear Cat Episode 2 Review: Choi Yoon Young Brings a Cat Home

1365063832-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=13&random= via 0 Comments 0 views Jun 10, 2014share2 share0 share0

In

My Dear Cat, episode 2, Go Yang Soon(played by Choi Yoon Young) brought a cat home.

Yang Soon saved a cat from getting hit by a car. As the cat kept following her, she eventually brought her home.

Han Young Sook(played by Lee Kyung Jin) and Han Eun Sook(played by Park So Hyun) shouted, “What is that thing?” Yang Soon replied, “It’s a cat living next to my workplace. It kept following me so I brought it home.” Young Sook said, “Take her back tomorrow.” Yang Soon answered, “No. I brought it after thinking for a while. Don’t you try to stop me from taking care of it. Don’t you dare throw her away like you did before. Then I’m never seeing you again.”

My Dear Cat Episode 2 Review: Hwang Bum Shik Looks for His Lost Cat

class="post-title"My Dear Cat Episode 2 Review: Hwang Bum Shik Looks for His Lost Cat

1365063832-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=13&random= via 0 Comments 0 views Jun 10, 2014share2 share0 share0

In

My Dear Cat, episode 2, Hwang Noh In(played by Hwang Bum Shik) looked her his lost cat.

Previously, as Noh In lost his cat, he stopped eating. The cat was his only friend he had. He thought about how to find his cat, when he suddenly remembered a detective office at his building. He offered a reward and asked the detective to look for his cat.

Cr. Kdrama

Archived