[Current KBS Drama 2014] There's The Cat! Meow / My Dear Cat 고양이는 있다

Felicia Soh

ooooooh!

Love these photos from the Press Conference....!  They all look so good....

thank you @Felicia Soh

Loving the outdoors photos too .... and loving both couples..

I just looked on KBSW channel, and on Monday they still be airing MOL ep 142... So they will be behind at least a week, sadly....

sigh.... How I wish they would do it same time as Korea...

Given both options, I'd rather watch it subbed.

cynkdf said: @FeliciaSoh, thanks so much for the adorable gif, love it. :) Since the drama has a cat as part of the storyline, I hope it will be a success, so that this will encourage K-drama producers to come up with more dramas featuring cats (or dogs).

Hope hope hope a real cat will star in the drama, just like the cat Cancan in the Hong Kong TVB drama "When a dog loves a cat". I watched that drama for Gallen Lo but mainly because of the two adorable animal stars, Cancan and Siuba<

Cancan in "When a dog loves a cat"lAR15Hr.jpg

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight, they brought the episode much closer to Korea airing time (the frustration of waiting can make you lose interest - well, that was some time ago) - so I am quite pleased with the time gap.

@imot, over the years, most of the predecessor main lead actors who participated in KBS evening daily drama slot had gained a lot attention (and fame too) from filming their respective dramas. Based on past record, KBS evening daily drama slot had garnered high ratings, so it's an honour (my opinion) to get a role especially playing the main leads be it antagonist or protagonist role. 

I am looking forward to see all the main leads especially Choi Yoon-young and Hyun Woo....and just saw Choi Min in KBS Drama Special.  Can't wait to see how these four up-and-coming actors perform in this daily.  

KBSW is naming this drama "My Dear Cat"....but I prefer the current one that signed off with a cute .... "Meow"...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyosung discusses playing an antagonist in drama 'My Dear Cat'

Hyosung_1401978511_af_org.jpg

SECRET's Hyosung talked about playing an antagonistic character in upcoming KBS 1TV drama 'My Dear Cat' during the press conference, which took place at a cafe in Yeouido on June 5. 

She said, "As the youngest member, I am learning a lot from the director as we film. The character I play, Soo Ri, may be an antagonist who bothers and envies the female lead, Yang Soon, but she is not an antagonist who can be hated as she is neither strong nor meticulous."

Hyosung continued, "Because I'm playing many unlikeable characters, I may receive some criticism from others and may even be hated, but I came here with a ready heart. Still, I will play an antagonist who will be hard to hate."

The drama will start airing on June 9, so tune in to see Hyosung taking on a bad girl role!

Source : allkpop

@Felicia Soh... Thank you.....

ah..Loving that second teaser... with the cats. They must have heard @cynkdf.... ouch. that must have hurt at the end.

Below is another version of the story about Hyosung. I only include it here, because there are a few more tidbits about her character

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Secret’s Hyosung Says She’s Ready to Take Criticism for Antagonist Role in New Drama “My Dear Cat”

secret-hyosung-800x450.jpg

On June 5, a press conference was held at a cafe in Yeouido, Seoul for KBS1’s new daily drama, “My Dear Cat.”

Hyosung will be acting as the role of Han Suri, a magazine photographer and colleague ofYang Soon (played by Choi Yoon Young). Suri is a character who has a bit of a ‘princess disease,’ as she was spoiled growing up. Her pride is always hurt due to the fact that she is always being compared to Yang Soon.

During the press conference, Hyosung stated, “Suri is an antagonist, but she also has a quirky side and can be a bit careless. I may receive criticism for taking the role of a cute antagonist, but I’m prepared for the criticism. This is my second official drama, so I am learning a lot from my seniors and the director as I film.”

“My Dear Cat” is a story about a man and a woman who happen to meet after losing their cats. During the process of searching for their cats, they learn of secrets within their families, as well as the truth they had not been aware of. The first episode of “My Dear Cat” will be airing on June 9 at 8:25 PM (KST) on KBS.

Source: Soompi

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

Title: 고양이는 있다! 야옹 / A Cat! Meow
Also known as: There is a Cat / I Have a Cat / My Dear Cat
Chinese Title: 猫来了!喵
Genre: Family, Romance
Episodes: 100+
Broadcast Network: KBS1
Broadcast Period: 2014-June-09
Air time: Monday to Friday 20:25

Synopsis

A drama about family conflict and reconciliation due to finding out the secrets of their families.

Choi Yang Soon (Choi Yoon Young) aspired to write a novel, but her father’s death led to her giving up her dream and, instead, work as a reporter for a magazine. By chance, she brings home a stray cat. She takes care of the cat even though she has allergies to cats. One day, a man, Yum Chi Woong (Hyun Woo), appears and insists the cat has an owner who is looking for the cat. Chi Woong then takes the cat from Yang Soon.

Chi Woong went to law school mainly to satisfy his father. He realized in law school that he didn’t want to become a lawyer and dropped out without telling his family. He now struggles to become a photographer and supports himself by woking for a private detective office. A clients requests that they find his cat. He faces Yan Soon once he locates the cat. Through their meeting, Yang Soon and Chi Woong discover a family’s hidden truth.

Cast

Main cast

Choi Yoon Young as Go Yang Sook
Hyun Woo as Yum Chi Woong
Choi Min Sung as Yoon Sung Il
Jun Hyo Sung as Han Soo Ri

Yang Sook’s Family

Dokgo Young Jae as Go Dong Joon -(The Chairman/Lady, Into the Flames)
Lee Kyung Jin as Han Young Sook
Park So Hyun as Han Eun Sook

Yum Chi Woong’s Family

Lee Jae Yong as Yum Byung Sook
Seo Yi Sook as Hong Soon Ja
Choi Sung Min as Yum Chi Joo

Yoon Sung Il’s Family

Hwang Bum Shik as Yoon Noh In
Kim Seo Ra as Yoon Jung Hye
Go Won Hee as Shin Ji Eun

People in Volcano Building

Kim Young Jae as Shin Se Ki
Yoon In Jo (윤인조) as Choi Do Hee
Go Do Young as Joon Ah
Ban Sang Yoon (반상윤) as Hwang Tae Soo

Production Credits

Chief Producer: Jung Hae Ryong
Producer: Kim Dong Hwi
Director: Kim Won Yong
Screenwriter: Lee Eun Joo

Credit: http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=34835

Waiting on Monday to see how this drama will catch me..

Thank you @irilight and @Ldy_Gmerm for posting related news and profile of the drama and cast.

@valsava and @imot - let's hope this drama will bring us some fun moments and hope the focus of the dear cat will be carried out throughout the drama.

Btw, this drama will premier on JUNE 24th @ KBSW.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Additional details of the character of the main cast.....(Source from : KBS Global)

A magazine journalist, Ko Yangsoon [My Dear Cat]

2229_7081_l.jpg

"Give my cat back! That cat is a memory of my father! After the company of Yangsoon’s father went bankrupt, her father passed away. Since then, Yangsoon’s life has changed totally.  Yangsoon has to give up everything for her family even her youth.  But, there are something that she cannot let go, a cat and her dream! Yangsoon finds a street cat and takes care of her.  One day, a private investigator shows up and takes her cat away saying that the owner of the cat is looking for her. Their twisted relationship has just started!

An amateur photographer, Yeom Chiwoong [My Dear Cat]

2230_7084_l.jpg

“I don’t want to be in the field of law. I’ll find my dream job.”

Chiwoong’s father forces him to study law who gets good marks at school. But, he wasn’t interested in studying law.  Being in his late twenties, he wants to find his dream job. Chiwoong decides to be a photographer. Since he needs an expensive camera, he uses a private loan and later it causes a problem. In the end, he decides to search for a lost cat to make some money. Then, Chiwoong meets Yangsoon.

Yoon Sungil who wishes to be a famous star [My Dear Cat]

2231_7087_l.jpg

A grandson of Senior Yoon and Junghye’s nephew who wishes to be a famous star. “My dream is to be a famous star in nation. That’s why I came back!” Yoon Sungil moved to the U.S for educational purpose when he was in middle school,but came back to Korea where his grandfather stays who loved him so much. Yet, when he is back, his grandfather is not like he used to be. So, Sungil starts working as a janitor of grandfather’s building to please him.  However, even before he gain his grandfather’s trust, he has a crush on someone.

Yangsoon’s colleague, Han Soori [My Dear Cat]

2232_7090_l.jpg

“Ko Yangsoon, I’ll do whatever it takes to beat you.”

Wonder Woman Magazine’s journalist. It is not acceptable for Soori to see ace journalist Yangsoon. She thinks she is better than her in every way. Being jealous of Yangsoon, Soori sometimes ignores her. But, it is hard to dislike her since she knows how to work and how to get along with other people. Then, she has a crush on Chiwoong, but he ignores her making her anxious.

Source : KBS Global

@FeliciaSoh  - yay, a real live adorable cat!  Thanks for posting the latest video, love it! 
@irilight, many thanks for updates and for that review of the film " Sorry, Thanks".  It's sad to read that cats are regarded by some people as pests :(
@valsava, I agree with you - wouldn't it be awesome if the cat is the main character? 
@Ldy Gmerm - many thanks for the synopsis - so the heroine takes care of a stray cat in spite of being allergic to cats? I like her already ... BTW I remember that during the the airing of Secret you used to be anxiously awaiting the previews  of new episodes. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this new drama will be such a gem that we will be anxiously waiting for previews.
@imot - like you, I am so glad that we finally got to see the cat :)
Have any of you watched this?

I read about this short  J-drama which has a feline star that according to one review stole the show- 

"Bread and Soup and Cat Weather" Review can be found here: http://www.yesasia.com/us/yumcha/yumcha-picks-best-asian-dramas-of-2013/0-0-0-arid.519-en/featured-article.html

oooh...@Felicia Soh..Love these character descriptions.. thank you...

@thank you also to @Lady_Gmerm for updated info

They will have it on KBSW on June 24.... hmm that means they will be 15 days behind on airing. That's a lot,, when discussing episodes... for daily drama, for sure...

I just filled in the Title request form on Viki
Because of the multiple names I gave them both English and Hangul titles: My Dear Cat (고양이는 있다 야옹)

And also the Title suggestion on DramaFever

Doesn't hurt to ask.....

@Felicia Soh, is there a way of knowing in advance if they will just air it on KBS World, or also download the episodes?

I wish I knew how they make this decision!

HB Entertainment posted on FB today

오늘 첫 방송되는 KBS1 일일연속극 <고양이는 있다>에서 윤성일로 여러분께 오랜만에 인사드립니다! 오늘부터 매일매일 본방사수하는 으리으리! #최민 #고양이는있다 #윤성일

This is my first soap opera broadcast on KBS1 eleven <cat has> to give you a long time to greet you yunseongil! Starting today, the day-to-day shooter Luxurious bonbang! Cats are # # # Choi Min yunseongil  (by Google Translate)

10369967_790373804327582_671685803249792

@FeliciaSoh  - Thank you for the 2nd teaser, love it.. I do say it quite Cute! 
@irilight, - also thanks for updates and review of the film. 
@valsava,  .."wouldn't it be awesome if the cat is the main character? "  Wow, that would be funny..makes me wonder. How the writers would script that ! But then now suddenly, I just recall 'My Pet' .. Though I my the lead, the story was so lame. Turn-me off from watching it. 
@Ldy Gmerm - thanks for the synopsis. 
And thank you many more here!!
I can't wait to see it and discuss in here! Yeah!!! I'm been going through a dry spell since 'Emergency Couple' .. Nothing caught my eye, till this Drama. Fighting 'My Dear Cat"  - same here I prefer the inital title. Eagerly anticipating this drama, with LOVE. 
~O) =D>   

blackcat.gifhello everyone....TODAY....."My Dear Cat" will be debuting in Korea.  

@irilight, from past experiences, KBSW will immediately (say, within 24 hrs) upload their daily evening drama on YT Channel.  There's another source in Youtube that provides raw version of the drama after it airs in Korea (uploaded under "KBSdrama").

@cynkdf, nice to see you back here again - hope the cutie cat will lure you to watch this drama.  Thanks for sharing the link - been a Jdorama fan but I haven't watched the short drama that you have recommended.

Thank you everyone especially, @valsava, @Ldy_Gmerm, @imot and @aprilmalek88 for staying interested in the dear cat and of course the entire cast too.  I noticed the media tend to focus the drama news on the idol singers than the two main leads...here's another picture of Hyosung promoting the drama.

전효성, 고양이는 있다

Source : asiae (via Naver)

SECRET's Hyosung urges fans to watch her new drama

On the eve of her small-screen debut as Han Su Ri on the new KBS drama 'My Dear Cat', SECRET's Hyosung urged fans to tune in to see her perform!

"Tomorrow evening 8:25 on KBS1TV, 'My Dear Cat' first broadcast!" she posted on Twitter earlier today. "Don't miss it~ look forward to Han Su Ri!"

'My Dear Cat' is a daily drama which airs Mondays through Fridays. A 'comic mystery' drama, 'My Dear Cat' promises oodles of comedy and dramatic tension. Don't forget to tune in!

Source : allkpop

@FeliciaSoh,@LdyGmerm@irilight,@cynkdf,@aprilmalek88. And All others...
For We Ladies living in the states Morning Ladies For You Afternoon and Evening People Same To You As Well...
Another new drama will begin in a few short hours.. I went to bed early just to wake up and watch my dear cat only to find out my link doesn't work.. Can someone anyone please help me out.. I have been looking forward for today..   

@valsava - can you try this link? I am not sure it will work....good luck! I'll try to join in later but the chances are slim....a bit tied down.  

http://streamingkpop.blogspot.com.tr/2013/03/kbs-1-live-tv.html

@FeliciaSoh,  Thanks for the site I missed the first episode live I'll have to wait for the site.. So will come back with my comment but from what lil bits of scenes I did see this drama looks cute.. 

Archived