[Official] Hong Jong Hyun ❤ (Girl's Day) Kim Yura - WGM Couple | Thread 1

Go Seung Ji

Guest Fannie J

Gru.. Make he feels more jealous Yura :-@ it already 5th meet why he didn't hold her hand :( Is it too fast for them or i feel more excited LOL :)) that why people around him said he's kind of boring ... haha 

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture of them in the house, using their arms as rulers, has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! :D
Even though we can't see their faces a hundred percent clearly, you can tell that they are smiling :) <3
I also wish that HJH would just initiate skinship already. If he doesn't initiate any soon, Yura should just take the lead :P

Seems like everyone has the same thing to say about this couple, i.e., "I haven't been this excited for a WGM couple since ____x____!" And I'm no different. I hadn't watched the show since season 2, but Hongki and Mina brought me back, and now I'm tuning in every few months to see if any new couples catch my eye. I have a feeling Jonghyun and Yura will be amazing, just from the few simple (but meaningful!) interactions they've had so far. I had my doubts at first, since JH is definitely the stoic type. I thought he'd be a cold fish, at least for a few, if not several, episodes, and that it would take a very concentrated effort for me to like him, especially with such a nice, bubbly girl like Yura. 
But who knew such a warm gentleman would emerge so quickly! They were still pretty awkward up through their shotgun wedding, understandably, but I was surprised to realize that he was already very endearing in his quiet way. And he kept getting more and more likable as the honeymoon went on, not just with the big moments (BUNGEE!), but the small ones as well (smiling so sweetly at Yura while she was drying his RC car). 
Speaking of Yura, what a hoot she is. She's the perfect level of bubbly--just enough to be vivacious without being manic or immature. I like that she just says whatever pops into her head. JH seems to like it, too, seeing as she's made him unwittingly laugh out loud a few times now. When someone as quiet and calm as he is laughs out loud like that, you KNOW you've been genuinely funny, and she is. 
They just started, but I feel like they've already hit such good emotional points. If they're this good now, think what they'll be like across 30-40 episodes! :D:D

Guest xxxchocopie31

I love the new wgm couple! Hong Jong Hyun and Girl's Day Kim Yura. I can't wait for the new episode. Sadly, I think Jonghyun oppa won't grant Yura's wish but can we see a Jealous Jonghyun instead of Dancing Jonghyun??? lol 

New to this thread,been following the couple since their 1st episode..They're slow... I like it.Also , it's nice to see that the girl is the chatty one while the male is quiet haha.Oh and... Yura is adorable xD

Guest Tinkiebell

Wow, look at all those previews for tomorrow's episode! And the paparazzi shots of today's filming. They're all making me excited. Thank you everyone who posted them. And to all newcomers, welcome to the thread! I'm glad more and more people have decided to join this ship, coz' the more is definitely the merrier. Let's make this thread more awesome and livelier! :)
A few have expressed their disappointment about the couple not having held hands yet, even though it has been their 5th meeting already. But, if you remember them walking down the aisle on their wedding day, Jonghyun offered out his hand and Yura accepted it. They held hands then :) There was no mission that told him to hold Yura's hand, it was his own initiative. Of course, the setting might have played a big role in him taking that initiative. It was a wedding, after all, and they did have to walk down the aisle together. It would have been weird if the groom and the bride just walked side by side, separately, without holding hands together. 
Though being helped by the setting, but it was his own initiative nonetheless. In the past, a few couples had succeeded to hold hands together only after a mission literally told them to do so: "Walk around this street while holding your hands together!" (or a similar mission like this). It was still nice to see those couples finally able to get through their skinship barrier, but having them to do that through a mission somehow felt a bit forced.
Besides, the conclusion of them not having held hands together after 5 times meeting each other is a conclusion drawn based on tiny fragments of filming that were captured in the form of a few paparazzi shots. Maybe they have already held hands again, but was just not captured in those shots. Who knows, right? :)
Also, remember the bungee jump? Jonghyun held Yura tightly in his arms then. Even after the bungee jump was over, he still remained in that position of holding her tightly, not letting her go, and then patted her back gently to comfort her. This too, was his own initiative. There was no mission that "forced" him to do that. 
So, what I'm really trying to say is, don't worry too much about the skinship department. I'm sure it will come naturally as they spend more time together. 
Besides, I really don't mind them taking it slowly. Jonghyun's  a reserved person. It only fits his natural character to take it slowly. If everything happens too fast, it would totally be out of his character and I can guarantee, it would only look fake. We don't want "forced" interaction, do we? 
Yura might take the initiative. But I don't think she'll be able to do it without any help... She might be bright, bubbly, and seem more easygoing, but I can sense that she's also a shy girl to some degree, and initiating skinship, on her own, might be just a tad bit too much for her. Again, to see progress in their skinship, I'm afraid, that Jonghyun will have to take the initiative again.  
I have noticed that Jonghyun is still being careful around Yura, especially when there are other people around *cough*the_camera_crews*cough*. I'm guessing, maybe he's still a bit scared of her army oppas? ;))  Well, forget the army oppas; A lot of people from his direct surrounding are Yura's fans. And they all told him to "take care of her", *gulp*, talking about subtle intimidation, huh? :D Anyway, I love this scene when they first met each other. When I watched this scene for the first time, I immediately saw sparks flying around them. This is the scene that made me fell in love with this couple and decided to root for them :)
He knows, Yura, he knows!tumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho1_250.giftumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho3_250.gif
tumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho2_250.giftumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho5_250.gif
tumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho4_250.giftumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho6_250.gif
tumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho7_250.giftumblr_n6tthd0zDU1tcrn4ho8_250.gif
gif credit: yooras@tumblr.com 

Btw, i was just wondering because I'm watching WGM first time.. How far has any couple gone, in terms of skinship? :/

Also, when will they declare the winner of that camping food competition?

Thank you for any help :)

Guest Tinkiebell

nikkisjs

said: Btw, i was just wondering because I'm watching WGM first time.. How far has any couple gone, in terms of skinship? :/ Also, when will they declare the winner of that camping food competition? Thank you for any help

:)
hmm, let's see... I've seen hands holding, hugging, back hugging, kissing, though just cheeks, forehead, or lips (Don't expect anything steamy, no tongues involved, get that mind off the gutter! ;)) ). In the first season, Alex even washed his virtual wife's feet and this was viewed as romantic. A lot of couples also seem to love playing in the water (swimming pool) together. It's like a standard excuse for having loads of skinship, what with the touching of some body parts (Hips and legs mostly! Don't tell me you expected other "body parts"? Bwaha! I told ya to get that mind off the gutter already! :)) lol! ) on wet (though mostly clothed, bwaha!) bodies...  :-*
I actually have no idea when they'll announce the winner of the cooking competition. Soon, I hope? 

@TinkieBell
I love all the points you made! I think that a lot of us just want to see skinship, skinship, skinship as soon as possible, but I agree with you, it's going to be a thousand times more special if it happens naturally and isn't rushed or done because of a mission. :) I know that I personally am a little...pervy *cough* so that's why I'm anticipating the skinship the most :P 

Talking about when we first saw sparks, the first time I saw sparks was the wedding scene. Like you said, Jong hyun took the imitative to hold her hand as they walked down the aisle (I just watched that clip again and it still puts a smile on my face), and when the guy behind the podium (forgot what his official title was) told them to look at each other I love how Jong hyun took the initiative to look at her and she laughed almost nervously, and then the second time they looked at each other in the eyes Jong hyun turned his head, as if he couldn't look her in the eyes. I don't know, I just found it really romantic hahaha....(wish I could find myself someone like HJH, he seriously falls under my ideal type, shy, reserved, and very nice....) :) 

Guest valarmorghulis

Hi everyone! :)

Totally new in term of posting here. Been a silent reader for the past few weeks.

Keep the comments coming and the forum alive. Really feeling this ship.. :x

Guest wishstarz

Everybody is waiting for them to hold hands...myself included!  Patience...they are only in the middle of their third meeting!

With regard to the fan pics or paparazzi pics taken recently walking down the street, it would be hard to hold hands with someone you don't know really well with four cameras in front of you IMO.

With the their house being so small I'm guessing they will have cameras placed around the house without having actual camera people in the house with them, which should be easier on them to be more natural and give us some skinship!!!

wishstarz said:

Everybody is waiting for them to hold hands...myself included!  Patience...they are only in the middle of their third meeting!

The first meeting was finding each other and the wedding which was all held on one day but split into two episodes

Second meeting was the two honeymoon (cooking & camping & extreme sports) episodes

Third meeting was the MC's and seeing "The HOUSE" so this upcoming episode will be decorating the house and driving lessons

With regard to the fan pics or paparazzi pics taken recently walking down the street, it would be hard to hold hands with someone you don't know really well with four cameras in front of you IMO.

With the their house being so small I'm guessing they will have cameras placed around the house without having actual camera people in the house with them, which should be easier on them to be more natural and give us some skinship!!!

Guest KeyPiChu

i've been fans of jonghyun since vampire idol and yura is my ultimate bias from girl's day, such a perfect combination right?
knowing that yura will take place in WGM, i thought she will shy and quite like when she was paired with u-kiss member in we are dating. but wow, it doesn't seems so right now haha, i love her even more now XD

here's a meme for you guys while waiting today's show lol :x

?ui=2&ik=8f2a516259&view=fimg&th=147265c

Archived