[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest winyoung

@Phi‌ - Thanks. Just sent email expressing my interest and suggestions for the set if it does get produced (eg more eye candy in the form of large photo book, unaired scenes, interviews, poster shooting, bts and final ep shooting etc) :-)

KBS World News | Behind the Scenes

• YeoReum to face TaeHa at HaJin's blind date scene [Link] [2014-09-15]
  • The accident seems to be wrapped up by JunHo [Link] [2014-09-16]
  • TaeHa starts to miss YeoReum [Link] [2014-09-22]
  • Yeoreum and Hajin to notice they are with someone else [Link] [2014-09-30]
  • After the break-up, TaeHa becomes an alcoholic [Link] [2014-10-06]
  • Two different rings for YeoReum [Link] [2014-10-07]
  • "I got tempted to get back with Taeha." [Link] [2014-10-13]
  • Taeha VS. Hajin. Who will be with Yeoreum in the end? [Link][2014-10-14]

"samul chin da" is like dunking cabbage in salt water. I like ahjussi like that.
Even if we die and rot away. I don't think my feelings for you will ever change.

(Han Eun Soo to Kang Tae Joo- Que Sera Sera, 2007)

Why do keep looking for me? If you keep looking for me like that..
I will start to wait for you. Do you know how many times I looked out the window?

(Han Yeo Reum to Kang Tae Ha - Discovery of Romance, 2014)

[TV Report] ‘Discover Love’ How Much More Does It Have To Hurt To Be Loversj4brcre9t9yeh4ad0yuak9hca4qsl8.jpg
[by Kim Yena, translated by Sora Ghim]  Love that hurts too much is hoped not to be true love.

On the tenth episode of ‘Discover Love,’ Moon Jung Hyuk’s feelings for Jung Yoo Mi continues to get stronger.

Kang Tae Ha (played by Moon Jung Hyuk) worries about Han Yeo Reum (played by Jung Yoo Mi) who has fainted. He says to himself, “I just want to hear she’s okay, just one word.” Tae Ha, of course, cannot fall asleep. Yeo Reum recalls Tae Ha nursing her throughout the night and has a faint memory of him crying while holding her hand.

She calls Tae Ha asking, “Did something happen at the hospital while I was sleeping?” At this, Tae Ha plays it cool, saying, “Nothing happen. How are you feeling?” as Yeo Reum replies, “I’m okay. Thank you for taking me to the hospital.”

Nam Ha Jin (played by Sung Joon) also couldn’t sleep. Listening to the longing in her voice, he grabs the phone from her and says, “Kang Tae Ha, thanks for today,” starting up the rivalry between them. Upon this, Tae Ha comments, “Why do I have to hear thank you from you? Give the phone back to Han Yeo Reum. I want to hear thank you and that she’s okay directly.”

Tae Ha could no longer take it. It hurt too much to see Yeo Reum in Ha Jin’s arms and how he couldn’t even listen to her voice whenever he wanted. Tae Ha tells Yoon Jung Mook (played by Lee Seung Joon), “Seeing Yeo Reum in the hospital, I regretted everything. At this point I thought I should finally let her go so she can be happy and this must be real love and so I repented a lot, however, even if I die, I can’t let her go.”

“I can’t give her up to someone better than me or someone less worthy than me. No matter how many times I try, I will always be this pathetic man. What can you do?”

0ksix8mfp8sxlbnbphjmbymw9i5l0nb0.jpg
Regardless of she knew of Tae Ha’s passionate feelings, Yeo Reum wanted to set things right with Ha Jin. She found out that Ha Jin lied to her and met up with Ahn Ah Rim (played by Yoon Jin Yi). Yeo Reum directly asks Ha Jin, “Why did you lie to me?” Ha Jin fired back, “What about you. Where did you go? Why didn’t you tell me you were with Kang Tae Ha?” 

However, what kind of boyfriend is Ha Jin. He looked for the upset Yeo Reum and immediately apologized pleading, “There are still some things I haven’t told you about my mother.” Yeo Reum accepted his apology and the two were seen on the lawn doing the laundry like a happy couple.

av1cc3uh2dfqinjiqj8bkharjal1txxt.jpg
Following this, Tae Ha found out about Yeo Reum’s past hurt regarding her father and he decided to end things completely. With Tae Ha’s sincere goodbye, Yeo Reum had nothing to say. She could only spill tears. 

What kind of love starts with the intent to be bad? Unknowingly, one person hurts the other and another person gets hurt by love. As time passes, you think everything will be okay, but a scar will form. To Yeo Reum, Tae Ha is that type of scar. No matter how much she tried to hate and forget him, Tae Ha is someone she can’t erase. That is why Yeo Reum kept on hurting and hurting.

Meanwhile, stuck between her current boyfriend and ex-boyfriend, Han Yeo Reum goes through a realistic problem that many viewers can relate to. (photo by KBS 2TV ‘Discover Love’ capture)

Guest Putri Raja

This is a more detail informations about DVD Director cut of DoR. As they said, it's just a survey about the demands of DVD.
Detailed specification for Director's cut DVD of "Discovery of Love"|[Notice] For Overseas Fans타피오카|조회 13|추천 0|2014.10.16. 00:07http://cafe.daum.net/discoveryoflove/XsOt/4 

This notice is based on other cafe's notice. Just read for reference.

1. Detailed specification of the DVD

Ordinary: already broadcated 16 episodes+1 hour additional features (already uploaded 'Making scenes' etc.)

Premium: already broadcasted 16 episodes + 'NG cuts', and 'Commentary' + bonus cuts

Director's cut DVD: Director's reedited 16 episodes+ 'Commentary'&'Added interview' + bonus cuts

Normally, these three versions of DVD are released.

Accordingly, Director's cut D would be possible if there were more than 2000 imaginary demand ,

more than 1500 actual demand.

If there isn't enough demand, Director's cut DVD might not be released at all.

Detailed specification of the DVD will really depend on the size of demand.

Simply putting, higher demand will result in richer contents with lots of exclusive scenes handpicked 
by the Director or screen editing team!!

(Please read carefully)

Imaginary demand, as it says, is not compulsory. you are NOT obliged to buy a DVD at this point.

It's not compulsory to purchase DVD after participating in an imaginary demand survery.

Even if you aren't sure, it is okay to participate!

2. About Imaginary demand survery period and pre-deposit

Imaginary demand survey will be continued until we reach the goal demand.

Later, we will contact with production company and broadcasting company and consult details

after reaching the goal demand.

Director's cut DVD can fall into two categories; pre-deposit limited edition, normal supply version,

so check carefully on real purchase.

Because it takes so much time in scheduling time and discussing specific opinions,

at least 3 months to 8 months~1 year will  be needed.

3. DVD's Image quality and Price

Image quality: already broadcasted 16 episodes=480P

Price: regardless of Version, 120000~130000 KRW (120~130 USD)

Fixed details will be noticed later.Thank you!

How to participate

If you're interested in purchasing Director's cut DVD, please participate in the survey by just sending an email to us at

discoveryoflove1@gmail.com

Please remember that you are NOT obliged to buy a DVD at this point. This survey is to the get demand estimation only. 

Please use your name (nickname) / country of residence / number of DVD sets that you want to buy as subject line.

Example)   Subject: Eric / USA / 1 set 

Your active participation would be really appreciated and we are looking forward to your response!! 

And please feel free to share any suggestions or questions regarding "Discovery of Love" director's cut DVD by email or twitter. 

* Twitter: https://twitter.com/discoverylove1

* DVD Cafe: http://cafe.daum.net/discoveryoflove

Source: http://cafe.daum.net/discoveryoflove/XsOt/4

Guest Putri Raja

Looking at those gifs, I guess many of us still wanna see more happy moments of TH/YR.
There is an interview with the writer of DoR and she said she's going to continue writing about love story. And many comments said that she might have someone she couldn't forget in the past :D . Many of commentators also demand DoR season 2. 
If there will be DoR season 2, I hope the casts also the same (unlike INR), just continue story about their life.  The only couple which seems seriously going to marry is YR's mom and producer….kkkk….Other than that, we still don't see anyone of them talk about married. Just say TH/YR getting married, but what about HJ/AR or Sol/DJH??? Such a boring weeks without DoR.TTTT...

[TV Report] ‘Discover Love’ : Jung Yoo Mi & Moon Jung Hyuk Won't Use Words

stjjg94hg1iucdzn0ssuqxjstzgktqbc.jpg
[by Kim Ye Na / Translated by Nawael Khelil] Who can stop this trembling heart? 

On September 28, the 13th episode of ‘Discover Love’ aired on KBS2, showing Jung Yoo Mi, Moon Jung Hyuk and Sung Joon trying to bring some order into their relationships while hiding their feelings. 

In this episode, Nam Ha Jin (Sung Joon) tells Han Yeo Rum (Jung Yoo Mi) about his past relationship with Ahn A Rim (Yoon Jin Yi), blaming himself for being a coward. Hearing this, Yeo Rum hesitated a moment before hugging Ha Jin with a bright smile, saying: “You were 12. How do you understand things at such a young age? You’re not a coward, I can’t believe that you lived like that.”

She didn’t need much word. With one hug that healed Ha Jin’s pain, she was able to console him sincerely. 

It seems that everything was just getting in order. As the stormy honesty battle that the two characters were fighting came to an end, Yeo Rum accepted Ha Jin’s proposal and they moved on like nothing ever happened. However, there were times during when they couldn’t hold back their anger anymore. 

As for Tae Ha, he told Yoon (Lee Sung Joon) that he was fine but suddenly felt like telling the truth: “No, I am not. Why am I feeling this way?”, showing confused mind and heart. Yoon comforted him though, “Don’t experienced hands tell you? Time heals.” 

iztncvr191fcpy5qlvwssymg48gdpmfx.jpg
Yeo Rum was as borderline as usual. Yoo Sol (Ki9m Seul Gi) try to help her understand her feelings but she didn’t really understand: “Your heart, and not your head, tells you that it’s love when you start to like someone regardless his tastes. Don’t you know?” 

Hearing that, Sol got mad and started to claim that she hates Tae Ha, asking Yeo Rum if she was still having a hard time because of him? The latter didn’t deny, on the contrary she started to express herself through screams and tears, “Yes I am! How could I not? It’s not about someone else, it’s about Kang Tae Ha!”

She added, “I should not wait but I am waiting, I should not say anything but I can’t help it. Did I sleep with Tae He? Do I consider running away from this? (…) Can’t I just leave? Don’t I know where I am supposed to be? Can I bear all this? I am not made of plastic or iron, so how can I not waver?”

After calming down, Yeo Rum explained her intentions to her friends: “I don’t want to break up with Ha Jin, I came to like and understand him. I’ll try to live with him.”

jlroah8k3u5p8v30yhw2vrwp9n1b314c.jpg
However, why can’t we control our hearts? The past that she had with Tae Ha constantly comes across Yeo Rum’s mind. It seems that she really misses the times when they used to lie on the grass together or quarrel while openly loving each others.

As Tae Ha noticed Yeo Rum’s trembling eyes, he asked if he was bothering her. But he didn’t tell her the truth: “My mind is in order now. I know that you’re not waiting for me anymore. Even if you wait, I won’t go there. I just want you to feel good.”

On this day’s episode, the characters were all hiding their real feelings from the person next to them, although they opened their hearts to the audience. Yeo Rum and Tae Ha used narration. Her saying: “I think that I couldn’t be friend with Tae Ha. I want to hold his hand in mine”, him making plans like “Should I pretend to be drunk and kiss her?”

Yeo Rum also thought of using the pretext of alcohol, “Can’t I just touch his cheeks like last time pretending I drank too much?” while Tae Ha was holding his feelings back, thinking that she would be hurt if he told her that he still loves her.

And that’s all. There was a line between Yeo Rum and Tae Ha that was not supposed to be passed. But the idea of Ha Jin discovering that his beloved Yeo Rum used to date Tae Ha makes us expect something big. 

Meanwhile, ‘Discover Love’ airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10pm on KBS2. (the photos are captures from the 13th episode of ‘Discover Love’)   

I just want appreciate one of DoR fans who made this MV. I found it when I checked DoR in Youtube.
Thank you so much for making such a beautiful MV :)

(credit to: atashi mai)
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"Eric Mun & Jung Yu Mi - Lee Seung Han 그 한 사람 That One Person Discovery Of Romance Ost

[TV Report] 'Discover Love' The Unbearable Lightness of Love

fo5i2j3oosc3zxd0ykcfckb8gdgngdym.jpg
[by Choi Song Hee, translated by Woorim Ahn] Love is not a drama, it is a reality. Even if the climax has gone, their 'love' is not done yet. 

In the last episode of 'Discover Love', it depicted how the four characters live their lives, not a happy 'ending'. 

After Han Yeo Reum (Jung Yoo Mi) broke up with Nam Ha Jin (Sung Joon), a man asked her out, but she expressed her thoughts that she was not ready for a new relationship. She could not wrap up her complicated feelings towards Nam Ha Jin and Kang Tae Ha.

However, 1 year later, Han Yeo Reum met Kang Tae Ha (Eric) by coincidence. She was jealous that Kang Tae Ha tried to start a new relationship with someone else and she decided to meet up with him.

Han Yeo Reum was empowered to make such a choice because of Do Jun Ho (Yoon Hyun Min) and Han Yeo Reum's father. She got the memory box of Kang Tae Ha back from Do Jun Ho and found traces of Kang Tae Ha who had been looking after her father's grave.

Han Yeo Reum succeeded in changing coincidence to 'fate' with Kang Tae Ha. She traced Kang Tae Ha's location through his SNS and went there to meet up with him.

She said "We got to meet because we are meant to be", but Kang Tae Ha tried to reject the 'fate' that she made. However, she said "I don't trust in fate. I just want to get back to you", and he accepted it.

Meanwhile, Nam Ha Jin left to go overseas for volunteer medical service. For the last time, he said "Will you wait for me? Would you do so if I say to take a break?", but Han Yeo Reum rejected. She replied, "I'm here to say sorry to you" and ended their relationship. 

Nam Ha Jin said "I was not happy for our relationship," "I was always nervous, and tried to hide and be loved. I tried to be happy, but I wasn't. That's why we broke up" and left to find his happiness.

Later on, Nam Ha Jin met Ahn Ah Rim (Yoon Jin Ee) accidently. Ahn Ah Rim said "I used to like someone who had a girlfriend, so I couldn't confess my feelings to him" to Nam Ha Jin. Then he said, "Then why did you even start liking him?", and she said "I don't know" and smiled. This implied the start of a new relationship.

It was like love and war for them. Relationships kept going on even if those who dumped got dumped and those who got dumped rejected someone. 

'Discover Love', which detailed how four characters developed through relationships, came to an end. It was known for its well-built story and meticulous directions.

Meanwhile, the first episode of 'Tomorrow Cantabille' will air on October 13 after 'Discover Love'. (photo by KBS2 drama 'Discover Love' captured image)

yay, there're still a lot of people on this thread :)   :-*

2014.10.16 Discovery of Romance ranked #1 in the PEI Viewer Engagement Survey

Discovery of Romance ranked #1 in the Viewer Engagement Survey (Program Engagement Index-PEI) among all KBS programs in September.

Note: Program Engagement Index (PEI) is a qualitative measurement vs quantitative measurement like viewer ratings.  It's about how engaging the program is. So here, the survey shows that Discovery of Romance is the most engaging show out of all KBS programs. mediaus.co.kr/news

B0Ch97iCQAELY_c.jpg:large
B0DD-utCEAAlKAO.jpg:large
Source: mediaus.news + DoR + Sera216
Extra info by Sumi13

[TV Report] ‘Discover Love’, It Won’t Be Over Until The End

e0p0bmi230rspt2xbty333pp26vjrcnw.jpg
[by Kim Ye Na / Translated by Nawael Khelil] “I like that you’re convinced, Han Yeo Rum.”

On the 15th episode of ‘Discover Love’ that aired on October 6, Han Yeo Rum (Jung Yoo Mi) said good bye to her current and ex boyfriends, Nam Ha Jin and Kang Tae Ha, swearing that she will never get hurt again because of them. 

Yeo Rum first bid farewell to Ha Jin, who could only be devastated as the girl he wanted to marry gave him back their engagement ring. Do Joon Ho, Ha Jin’s friend, asked for some explanations. The sad boyfriend said that they quarreled because “Yeo Rum keeps crying in front of Tae Ha. It’s been twice already. And when I ask her why she cries, she doesn’t even answer. Because her answer would hurt me. She loves him. What kind of guy is he, for god’s sake?” 

Tae Ha wasn’t feeling good either, “At the end, there’s only one person who matters to me. After breaking up I met other girls, dated and even thought that I was in love again, but there’s only actually only one person”, he told Yoon. He showed his passion for Yeo Rum saying “I only love Han Yeo Rum. Why should I be scared? Nobody can blame me on this! How can I give up now that Yeo Rum finally found out about these feelings? Would you be able to stay still?”

However, Yeo Rum had decided to clear her feelings towards both of them. And Sol to tell her, “If you want to go to Tae Ha, just go. I’ll support you. It can’t be harder for you to forget him than to move on.” Convinced, Yeo Rum answered: “No. It’s over already. With Kang Tae Ha and Ha Jin. I knew it when I saw them at the police station. I am really bad to them. I am such a bad person, it’s fine if I suffer a bit.”

That’s how Yeo Rum came to show her true colors. Without looking him in the eyes, she made Tae Ha boil inside. Tae Ha could only tell her that he knows what she’ll say and that she should go her own way, pretending then that he’s fine with it, that he didn’t change and still wants to be with her. He consoled her with his ultimate line, “I wish you felt the same way.” However, she didn’t do anything. 

Tae Ha then understood that no matter what he could say, he would never get her back. Wasn’t he the one that knew her the best though? “Don’t worry about me. I was hurt, but it’s a choice I made. I am living with it, I just hope you can live with yours.”

k5y161q8uuntxj4a4fp96yw9cb9c6kjf.jpg
As for Ha Jin, he wasn’t able to let her go like this, “The last time, you said that you were at the bottom? I am not afraid of it. If our quarrels stand for the worst moments I have to live with you, I can bear it. Let’s do it together.” H ended up hurting Yeo Rum. Confused by his confession, she said good bye to him as she explained that it wasn’t his fault, that she didn’t want to be cruel to him anymore.

How more painful will it be for them to break up gracefully, with no pain or regrets at the end? As they broke up by suffering, will they be able to forget each others? Or will they keep looking and waiting?  

The episode finishes on Ha Jin finally accepting his fate as he told Yeo Rum “Let’s break up, then”. There were a lot of break-up stories between those three, but hearing from Ha Jin this time makes us think really seriously. But why do we have a feeling that they will get back together again? 

Meanwhile, the last episode of ‘Discover Love’ aired on October 7. (the photos are captured from the 15th episode of ‘Discover Love’)

Phi said:

yay, there're still a lot of people on this thread :)   :-*

2014.10.16 Discovery of Romance ranked #1 in the PEI Viewer Engagement Survey

Discovery of Romance ranked #1 in the Viewer Engagement Survey (Program Engagement Index-PEI) among all KBS programs in September.

Note: Program Engagement Index (PEI) is a qualitative measurement vs quantitative measurement like viewer ratings.  It's about how engaging the program is. So here, the survey shows that Discovery of Romance is the most engaging show out of all KBS programs. mediaus.co.kr/news

B0Ch97iCQAELY_c.jpg:large
B0DD-utCEAAlKAO.jpg:large
Source: mediaus.news + DoR + Sera216
Extra info by Sumi13

in his interview eric said: from d outer he is like taeha, but inside he is like hajin.. hehehh

on dating n in love: thre will be lots of skinship n he' ll be playful rather than sentimental..n rather call his GF his best friend..

auwwww sweett!!!!!

Girlsss I found Eric's interview! Whoaaaa I really miss him.

[News] Eric “Again with an ex-lover? It might be possible for feelings to be revived…”

tumblr_inline_ndkiokQJKq1rb7x3v.jpg

At the “Discovery Of Romance” end of broadcast commemorative interview held at a cafe in Shinsa-dong on the afternoon of the 16th, Mun Junghyuk began by saying, “In real life, I’m not the type to regret or contact my ex again after we have broken up.”

He revealed, “In the drama, Taeha himself is also a cool guy but his feelings got awoken at through accidental circumstances. Similarly for me, I’m not that kind of person but if I met my ex-girlfriend and got to see certain situations, it does seem like I might interfere too. Jealousy or  profound feelings, a variety of feelings might be revived according to the situation.”

Adding on, he explained, “Depending on the situation, if we work in the same industry and often come into contact with each other, I might start to get curious. I certainly can symphatize with certain parts (of the drama). In reality, whether it is love or anything else, it all starts with ‘curiosity’. If my ex-girlfriend was dating a weird person, I’d be curious and worried.”

He said, “While working on this drama, there have been many portions that I symphatize with. Not just with reliving memories of my past but I get to understand the other party even more. I get to think more about the viewpoint of the other party, and I think I got to understand a bit more about the hearts of females.”

He added, “If I date again, I think I’ll do better than I did before.”

(omit description of drama)

Mun Junghyuk returns as Shinhwa next January.

sr: Star today
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

(I copy this news from malpabo.tumblr.com.

Thanks for the translation! :D)

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[interview] Shinhwa’s Eric Shares Thoughts on Current State of Idol Groups

Singer and actor Eric shared his thoughts on the current state of idol groups as a member of Shinhwa, which has promoted for 16 years.

Eric met with enews on October 16 in Sinsa-dong, Seoul and was asked what he thinks of the recent conflicts among idol groups.

Eric started, “First of all, I’m thankful for the members,” and said, “I think Shinhwa is lucky. We didn’t come this far because we’re superior and I think I should feel grateful for the people around us.”

Jessica has recently been removed from Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s group activities while EXO’s Chinese member Lu Han is currently carrying out a lawsuit against SM Entertainment to terminate his contract. In May, another Chinese member Kris left the group. MBLAQ’s Lee Joon and Cheon Dung have also been rumored to leave their group.

[interview] Shinhwa’s Eric Shares Thoughts on Current State of Idol Groups

Eric said, “Shinhwa also experienced what the idols groups are experiencing now. We experienced hate and conflicts too. But the decision made at the critical moment makes all the difference. I think the problem is where you place your priorities.”

Eric added, “The members dealt well with those situations, which is why we were able to come this far. There’s nothing extraordinarily special about us.”

Eric debuted as a member of Shinhwa in 1998. Shinhwa, which is made up of Eric, Lee Min Woo, Jun Jin, Shin Hye Sung, Andy and Kim Dong Wan, promoted under SM Entertainment until their contract ended and are currently promoting under separate agencies. The group released its 11th album last year and will be carrying on their activities by preparing for 12th album later this year.

Meanwhile, Eric recently acted as ‘Kang Tae Ha’ in KBS2’s drama Discovery of Romance. He received a lot of love for acting out a character that represents young people who struggle in dealing with love. Leaving behind criticism on his acting ability, Eric showed himself taking another step forward as an actor.

Photo credit: enews
Credit Mwave Enews World

Archived