[Mainland Chinese Drama 2014] Inspiration for Life 生活啟示錄

sugarplum892

b3EBA5b4_cd797e_c.jpg

Details:Chinese title: 生活啟示錄 /Shēnghuó qǐshì lù
English title:  Inspiration for Life/Life Revelation
Genre: Romance, Drama Episodes: 35Broadcast Period: May 22, 2014 
Cast:Hu Ge 胡歌Yan Ni 閆妮
Joe Ma Han Wen WenLiu MinGuo Jing Lin

Synopsis:Xiao Qiang has just undergone a very stressful divorce, she has no faith in love, until she meets a young computer engineer by the name of Bao Jia Ming. He is idealistic, ambitious, and everything she no longer believes she is. The story tells of the two's romance and how they overcome the many obstacles that pave their way.
Raw Trailers:

Inspiration for Life 生活啟示錄 Full Raw Episodes

Thanks, I've already seen the 1st ep, so far so good, very romantic comedy. I did not like leading lady at first, but the more I see her on screen the more I feel like the director did a good job casting her as the heroine. She is not a plastic pretty type that we see in every Chinese drama production, and some say she might not even consider pretty but rather ordinary and plain. However, she has her own charm (just watched her on a Chinese show last night) as an older matured type of woman. I think she fits the role well because this is about a wife who discovers her husband cheating on her with a beautiful model for years, and yet when she asks for a divorce, all of her in-laws (especially her mother in-law) are upset and against it. Her mother in law even tells her to just be quite about it and acts like nothing has ever happened, for if not for her son, she would never have a life that she has right now (her husband is a rich CEO of a company or so). She then has to put up with all that feigned ignorance just to keep face for her husband and the in laws until this young fresh funny guy whom she has met and asked him to uncover her husband cheating act for her in the beginning, but as the two spend more time together and with him being around supporting her during her rough time, love is blossomed and he proposes to her despite her rejection and his family disapproval (Chinese families tend to value marriage and oppose divorce, so a divorced woman is a big no no). This is the first time that I see Yan Ni acts and I can safely say that she is very good actress reminded me a Japanese actress that has the same charm and aura as her. Seeing her being all manly hitting Hu Ge up and down on screen, who would have thought that the She in real life is completely opposite, very shy and gentle as you could tell by just watching the cast interviews and promotions. I have always liked Hu Ge but really sick of his ancient roles and look, finally I can see him in modern hair and clothes, but what makes me feel happy that he has finally matured and picked good projects to showcase his acting ability. Playing an Idol ancient heroes or some other RGP game adaptation characters would never let him expand his acting range and develop further as an actor and not an idol actor (there is a huge different between an idol and an actor if you know what I mean). The chemistry bewteen Yan Ni and Hu ge is plausible and a nice one despite the age gap. I like human drama so I definitely keep on watching even though that I have a very limited Chinese understanding, hope someone with a generous heart would take up and sub this drama. Happy watching!!! 

Archived