[Taiwanese Drama 2014] Pleasantly Surprised 喜歡 · 一個人

sugarplum892

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there!

I am trying to live stream the above mentioned show using sopcast. however I am having problems with the website link as given in the second task. it says there's an error when I click on that link. I need your help please, thanks loads!!

the sopcast link on the first page seems to be having problems today.Use this instead: http://www.cietv.com/live/ 
On the sidebar:search: iruIlTfEkPRqk.pngthen under this category: search iboK0U5lX0UvgR.png
ORuse this link: http://tv.itver.cc/set-metro/ (don't need to choose anything as there's only SETTV channel in this link.)

ORuse this link: http://www.alway.tv/tw/e5 (don't need to choose anything as there's only SETTV channel in this link.)
(USE IE browser and you must have downloaded sopcast software, search it on the first page)If the window is too small, expand it to full screen instead

Best episode so far!!! GOSH! Let me bow down to the screenwriter, they're dishing out unexpected turn of events and I love it! There's no draggy moment at all!
Short summary of Ep7 (only the key developments)

Zi-Xiang (Ah-Jie's brother) locked Ah-Jie in the basement room, wine cellar of the house after their confrontation to prevent him from participating in the competition. While waiting for Ah-Jie to come, Kai-Qi meets Hao-Wei (her ex college mate) as the judge and she can feel his animosity towards her so she immediately thought of the scene where Zi-Xiang came to look for Ah-Jie before she and Ah-Jie head out to the competition venue, Zi-Xiang also stared at Ah-Jie with bitter gaze. 

She senses that something is amiss, remembering that Zi-Xiang had always been a gloomy guy since young, he likes to lock young master (Ah-Jie) in the closet and also hates it when Ah-Jie receives more attention from the parents or win any competition, she immediately puts the clues together and realize that Ah-Jie is her childhood sweetheart. She immediately feels that something must have happened to Ah-Jie so she went to look for Ah-Jie in his parents' house. During the motorbike ride to Ah-Jie's parents' house, she thinks to herself that it's always him that's been treating her well but she never noticed his insecurities (thinking back when Ah-Jie asked must they really join the competition). She finds Ah-Jie locked in the basement and quickly saves him out.
Even though Kai-Qi wants to back out of the competition at first as she thinks that they won't make it, Ah-Jie persuade her to continue the competition and give in their all. They changed a lot of the cooking method and the ingredients to make good dishes in a fast manner. During the plating, Ah-Jie signed his signature, "Louis" and Kai-Qi immediately realized that he's the Louis that she admired.In the end, they didn't win the competition despite receiving a vote out of 3 votes because they really did it in only 10 minutes so the ingredients they used were not very fitting for a proper competition. Just when Kai-Qi and Ah-Jie finished packing and head out of the restaurant, Le-Xuan asks them to stay as she feels that she's unable to cook the food like them in 10minutes and if they didn't exchanged ingredients during the competition, she wouldn't have won. (Le-Xuan's team gave them a bread and in return, Kai-Qi gave them a soup)
Next week's preview: Kai-Qi is peeved that Ah-Jie lies to her about Louis and his identity and keeps on saying sarcastic stuffs to him (in a funny and cute way of course, hahaha!) When Ah-Jie asked why didn't she picked up his call, she shows him her phone, his name on her phone is written as ‘Louis the great Master (or something along this line as I can't remember the exact thing)’, so funny! hahaha
----------
Netizens in PTT (Taiwanese forum) are saying that Kai-Qi is the male lead as she's the hero saving a damsel in the distress, hahahaha!

I actually remember Jasper from In Time With You, he was the cute friend  8-> ...And now i see him in this drama. Thanks everyone for posting everything about him, he is so my type, dimples and everything, move over Vanness Wu you have big competition. Puff is super adorbs!! Her lips, her smile, her hair, her voice  :x ..i'm girl crushing hard, plus i'm watching her on WGM Global Edition.  They are so OTP material. Currently my favorite drama airing.  :)>-

Yuppp, i love this episode. I liked how Kai Qi finally knows Ah Jie's real identity. I would have died if they dragged on the identity issue for yet another episode. That said, I have a very strong feeling that soon the plot will turn to that of Le Xuan liking Ah Jie. Argh, I dont like suspense, I just want to see Kai Qi and Ah Jie happily together as a couple. I wouldnt mind as much if instead of a triangle of Kai Qi - Ah Jie - Le Xuan, they focused on Ah Jie - Kai Qi - Hao Wei so then there will be another eye candy hahaha Not sure if anyone finds that Jolin Chien looks a little like Godfrey Gao ( He's my all time No.1)

Also, not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but here's the instagram account of Jasper Liu , Puff Kuo and Jolin Chien :)

Jasper Liu -> RYU19860812

Puff Kuo -> AOHSUEHFU

Jolin Chien -> JOLIN_CHIEN

From the above accounts, you can link to their other co-stars' instagram account through the pics :)

Next week, if Kai-Qi is still angry at Ah-Jie, he can do this pose:tumblr_n877rjvIoi1qiy3sso5_1280.jpg

who can resist that smile and his puppy eyes T_TI'm fangirling over Jasper Liu so bad, this is bad, I'm past the age of crazy fangirling but he's irresistible. 
I just did a major photospam on jasper liu on my tumblr, check it out (link is in my signature).
Jolin Chien does look like a mini version of Godfrey Gao, I know him from the pursuit of happiness.Hot guys with facial hair are usually not really my cup of tea but I'll say they're sexy. 
------------
To stay on topic and not flaunt my bias, I shall post some stills from ep7
credits: drama's facebook page
10514194_1440022716263176_79420413090397

10506629_1440058539592927_60083270302706
10499562_1439991782932936_26473641365875
10446087_1440019382930176_83695735472894
10498338_1440017616263686_27321758627556
10469153_1439997262932388_71273840634414
10431161_1439996709599110_28442052741269

Ah-Jie's brother is actually quite handsome, his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Vic020810428132_1439995616265886_46140089483739
10354067_1439796379619143_58136495606067
10408010_1440067382925376_88544078053480
10521618_1440066672925447_68217721401448

Jasper is practicing his guitar for his indie-band, Morning Call 輕晨電10436665_833742673310581_230917107474715

Speaking of puppy eyes, jasper's fans always think that he resembles his dog, yellow.1004832_766427150042134_1534849308_n.jpg

still not convinced? check this and this

The cable rating for last night's episode reached a new high for the show, 2.48. The highest so far aside from ep5 where the cable rating was 2.23 for the show.
However, we usually use the overall rating as the official rating which is usually lower. Overall rating will come out next monday.I'm hoping that the overall rating this time round will break 2.
Side note, the BTS that airs after the show rate at 1.40, slightly lower than Tie The Knot's rating (1.46).10383780_1440294336236014_37700289710448
Edit:

New Preview for ep8: 

(THAT BACKHUGGGGGGGGGGG)

Fan captures of the latest SPOP Magazine inside pages/content.

The back cover of both version of the magazine are Puff's individual picture.SEE MORE HERE: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3145965518 

Credits: sihyulai@baidu tieba (special thanks to her for letting me post these pictures on soompi.)
Can't wait to get my magazine copies, I ordered them online on Taiwanese online bookstore but I'll only be receiving them next week. I may post translations of interesting parts of the interviews they've on the magazine by then.
isnhr3s1Bzva0.jpg
ibej5ZRcEo4a5o.jpg
iyT6kqn2tIXeU.jpg
iOVkHqq4LtOCn.jpg
irK9VAYOWvnU7.jpg
ibdJAKQw6sWBrx.jpg
ibcB3ygbzPcGxS.jpg
ibjaejn20pLZNL.jpg
iCizbJRG780EA.jpg
ioiogCF6oKMOp.jpg
iblNGiFla5ekok.jpg
^ BTS photo: Puff is groping Jasper's butt, LOLLL

-----------------------
Next monday, Showbiz完全娛樂 (SETTV's own entertainment news programme) will show the BTS of Spop magazine shooting of Jasper and Puff, we'll get more goodies next week.They're also holding a fansigning event for the Spop magazine next sunday.

Guest talksound

I always look forward to the next episode following the one that airs, but I have never felt the torture of waiting a week until the next one until now. That being said, episode 7 has definitely been the best by far. There was progression in terms of plot AND revelation in terms of character. There were little to no moments where I felt like this was a waste of time for a drama that only airs one episode per week (like I want more, I waited so long for this! hah). The one problem I had with this episode was the older brother. Yeesh, what a terrible actor. 
I'm glad that the identity thing is out there so the relationship between the two leads can start to progress further. I was actually wondering why she didn't bring it up to him with a bigger reaction, but apparently, she must be saving that for a moment that wasn't filled with pressure and stress (the competition). The preview was a lot of fun, and I'm excited to see the extent of how Kai Qi will treat Ah Jie after knowing that he's the childhood sweetheart and Louis (looks like she'll torture him a little bit from what I saw, haha). Although the leaving after a month thing... Plus, throw in relationship rivals in the form of Le Xuan and her brother, and we can either start to get draggy and annoying, or we can feel the force of the OTP and long for them to be together even more. It's not to say that we're not feeling it already, look at the photoshoot!!
Speaking of the photoshoot, jeez, that has got to be one of the most photogenic couples I've seen (in Taiwanese entertainment anyway). They look so great, and the entire thing gives me the same vibes I get from watching the drama, and that is fun and sweet. The drama has consistently managed to put a smile on my face, because it's lighthearted with deeper and emotional moment that I buy, rather than it trying to be super serious and dramatic. I really appreciate that. 
Totally dying to see the next episode!!

so surprised about episode 7! it was awesome because i never expected that KQ will find out the truth about AJ..and i thought it was great timing and the fact that she finally realized AJ is her childhood friend..thank goodness it's not the usual she found out from another person like in usual dramas...

ps i think it's awesome that AJ's mom don't mind dating a girl like KQ..thank goodness the parents are not going to be against KQ if she dates their son..

Guest kdramafanfan

So nice to hear about ep 7. No suspense where you just wish to the OTP would like have a conversation. Can't wait to watch :)

Just curious. I've been wondering where Kai Qi's mom went? Wasn't she living with her? It's like she just disappeared though it is more convenient to have Mom gone for cute OTP time ;)

Archived