Do you think it's weird to dine out alone?

Guest motherducker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently dined in a Japanese restaurant all by myself and also saw another person come in by themselves , it's normal to see others dining alone in my area

I also studied Japanese dining etiquette before I went and ate everything  and all the appetizers and made sure to place my chop sticks on the side when I was done

• 1 month later...

sometimes I order my food TO GO and take it to the park or beach to eat and people that walk by keep staring at my food like they want some or they always say something about my food when they walk by, like that looks good, etc

when I dine alone in a restaurant that never happens, so it's actually more enjoyable in a restaurant because people tend to keep to themselves and dont stare at your food to see what your eating or make comments about your food if you eat outside in public.

one time I was trying to eat outside and sometimes homeless people will come up and bother you while your eating or ask for spare change.

eating inside a restaurant is safer

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's not really weird just the thought of dining alone outside is kinda sad. I usually dine out with several people. If I have no company, I order takeaway, delivery, or just cook and eat at home if I have time.

No, absolutely not why should it be? I dine alone a lot so I don't see what the fuss is. It only becomes a problem if you let it if ya ask me. And the part on others preferring to have company when they eat is just a preference. I mean I admit I'd like company but not all the time LoL.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived