[Movie 2014/2015] Sado 사도 Song Kang Ho, Yoo Ah In & Moon Geun Young

Guest maea18

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOO AH-IN EXPLAINS HOW HE WANTS TO GO THROUGH NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE AT PRESS CONFERENCE OF <THE THRONE>

143927771816472229881537403502.jpg

The <Veteran> actor Yoo Ah-In, 28, appeared at the press conference of upcoming movie, <The Throne>, on Tuesday August 11th. <The Throne> is about a crown prince Sado, a son of King Yeongjo, who gets locked up in a wooden rice chest by the order of the king and dies in the same chest after four days. A director of <King and the Clown>, the first Korean movie to record 100 million veiwers, Lee Joon-Ik produced this tragic story of crown prince Sado. One of the most influential actors in Korea, Song Kang-Ho is starring the King Yeongjo who issues a royal decree of condoning death of his own son, Sado.

1439277718164722298815374035021.jpg

“I wanted to experience the tragic moment of getting locked up in the smothering wooden chest,” the Veteran Yoo Ah-In explained why he wanted to star in <The Throne>.

“Because I wanted to infuse my acting with those pain and suffering born of near death experience. I think this torment became a good fertilizer for me to grow towards a better actor.” Yoo finished.

<The Throne> will start screening this September nation-wide. 

Source

Yoo Ah-in learns from Sado rice chest experience

Actor Yoo Ah-in said he wanted to have the experience of having locked up in a rice chest during the press conference for the movie, “The Thrones,” held in CGV Apgujeong on Tuesday.

“The Thrones” is based on a historical event in which King Yeongjo of Joseon effectively executed his son Sado by locking him in a rice chest for eight days. As the motif of “The Thrones” is based on this event, it includes a scene in which Sado -- played by Yoo -- is executed.

Yoo added, “I wanted to understand the horror and isolation that Sado must have felt confined in the chest. This experience certainly has given me a strong inspiration for me as an actor.”

“The Thrones,” a tragedy about the royal family, especially King Yeongjo, who is a strict law-abiding king, and Prince Sado, who always wanted to be accepted as a son to his father, is set to premiere in September.

Source

irilight

The distributing company for this movie is 쇼박스(SHOWBOX) :D

A site dedicated to the film has been opened  http://sado.modoo.at/

‪TheThrone‬ released Character Poster

11855866_507069636111813_92089599821111511139346_507069499445160_675787677124124

There is no doubt that the film will focus on the father and son pairing (Yeongjo and Sado) .

But I'm glad I got a taste chemistry between Yoo Ah In and Moon Geun Young :wub:

11921650_507069472778496_554485416089399

11899959_1020788807957269_38238425085678

@RyuujinjakkaJ, Thank you so much for answering my question about distribution being showbox. and also providing us all with movie page.

I noticed they have also this poster

11924537_905212216222556_290829621110068

I hope the movie does very well in Korea and they are prepared to distribute it around the world.

some more stills here:   http://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=229865&ref=http://t.co/15WNYcMZof

September only days away!!!

Finally!! The good news, Sado will premiere in few weeks... The better news, I can see Yoo Ah In and Moonie in one project + new Moonie drama soon!

-----------------------------------------------------

New article on tenasia..

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/643377

2015082409201016416.jpg

(I got headache trying to make sense Google Translate, so I'll just leave the pic)

"The Throne" Lee Joon-ik, "Moon Geun-young and Kim Hae-sook's acting was intensified"

11899799_1023487131020770_56008393723238

Stills of the movie "The Throne" were released on the 25th. The stills were of Moon Geun-young, Jeon Hye-jin, Kim Hae-sook, Park Won-sang and others.

Moon Geun-young plays Princess Hye-kyeong who gets married to Prince Sado at the age of ten and develops a dilemma as his wife and mother of Jeong Jo. To protect her son from Sado and Yeong Jo, she persuades her mother-in-law The Queen and disregards her husband's death. Kim Hae-sook is Yeong Jo's stepmother and Queen In Won who adores Sado.

Her performance has weight as she conflicts with Yeong Jo who tries to drive out Sado. Jeon Hye-jin plays Sado's birth mother but gets killed by her husband. She pleads to her husband about her son's mistakes like any affectionate mother would do.

Park Won-sang plays Queen Hye-kyeong's father and Sado's father-in-law named Hong Bong-han. On the outside he lives up to Yeong Jo's expectations and works for government reformation but has to keep silent about his son-in-law's death for the sake of family honor.

Director Lee Joon-ik said, ""The Throne" follows the psychological patterns between people and looks into the lives of people who do their best to protect their families". "The Throne" is the story of Prince Sado who died 8 days after being shut in a chest by his own father. Prince Sado only wanted to be a son to his father who had to be King.

The movie comes out in September.

cr:Hancinema.net

[Info Updates schedule Movie ‪#‎사도‬ ‪#‎MoonGeunYoung‬

The VIP premiere of the film "The Throne aka Sado" will be September 8 , 2015 !
For more information on the film, a site was opened==>http://sado.modoo.at/

‪#‎사도‬ The Throne also know Sado  on Naver Live Talk Thursday, August 27th, 9 PM (Tomorrow :D)

Participant : Director Lee Jun Ik, Song Kang Ho, Yoo Ah In, Moon GeunYoung, Kim Hae Sook and Jeon Hye Jin

Broadcast details: The Throne character highlights video, image maker, unreleased scenes, unreleased stills, and actors live Q & A
Viewers can send comments and questions in real time. Special gift: advance movie ticket.

'The Throne' sets to premiere on September 17, 2015.

Posted by MGY intn'l FB

I just realized that YAI and Moonie will have SBS dramas on October.. YAI with Six Flying Dragons on Monday-Tuesday and Moonie with The Village on Wednesday-Thursday

So in the meantime, while we wait for the movie to be available for download+engsub... we could just turn on channel SBS and watching them.. :D:D

SBS seems to be their secret shippers :phew::phew:

I just realized that YAI and Moonie will have SBS dramas on October.. YAI with Six Flying Dragons on Monday-Tuesday and Moonie with The Village on Wednesday-Thursday

So in the meantime, while we wait for the movie to be available for download+engsub... we could just turn on channel SBS and watching them.. :D:D

SBS seems to be their secret shippers :phew::phew:

:lol: aah chingu you made me laugh. I guess SBS is gOing to be in my radar Mon-Thurd. 

Gosh can't wait to see this movie. 

Moon Geun Young Transforms Into a Mother for Upcoming Movie “The Throne”

Moon Geun Young Transforms Into a Mother for Upcoming Movie “The Throne”

Upcoming film “The Throne” (also known as “Sado”) has released a still photo of Moon Geun Young.

In the movie, Moon Geun Young plays Lady Hyegyeong, who married the crown prince Sado at the age of 10. The released still shows her looking troubled, as the wife of Sado (portrayed by Yoo Ah In) and as the mother of King Jeongjo.

Director Lee Joon Ik has previously said, “Moon Geun Young, Kim Hae Sook, Jeon Hye Jin, Park Won Sang and other great actors and actresses have expressed the relationships between different characters very well.” He also mentioned that he already had actors in mind when he was writing various scenarios, further increasing expectations on being able to see some great acting in the movie!

“The Throne” will open in theaters sometime in September, but the rating for the movie has not been decided yet.

link: http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/25/moon-geun-young-transforms-into-a-mother-for-upcoming-movie-the-throne/

An article about these character posters just came out

From harmonious time to mourning ‘Sado’. ‘Sado’ history keyword posters

Keyword posters containing historical moments of ‘Sado’ were released.

The film depicts the most tragic story of a father ‘Yeongjo’ who had to be king at any moment and Crown Prince ‘Sado’ who wanted to be a son even for one moment. The released ‘Sado’ history keyword posters depict the beginning and end of the crossed fates of father ‘Yeonjo’ and son ‘Sado’.

Read more HERE

Archived