UPDATED-Mark Chao and Gao Yuanyuan's wedding banquet in November

Mark Chao and Gao Yuanyuan to marry this year?Mark Chao’s father, Allen Chao, claimed that the couple will be marrying either this or next year

Taiwanese-Canadian actor Mark Chao’s May-December relationship with Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan has been going well, and it seems wedding bells will soon be ringing for the couple.

After collaborating in movie Caught in the Web, 29-year-old Mark and 34-year-old Yuanyuan started dating. In March 2012, they were revealed to have stayed in a hotel together for five whole days, and not long after that, the couple was spotted strolling – with their hands tightly clasped together – late at night, inadvertently confirming their relationship.

Their relationship has stabilised over the past year. Mark has not been stingy with declaring his marriage plans, even revealing that he plans to settle down before his 30th birthday. As he will be turning thirty on September 25, there has been widespread speculation that the wedding will occur late this year.

However, rumour has it that Allen did not approve of Mark’s relationship initially, and had shot down speculation about his marriage with Yuanyuan.

Yesterday, when Allen was asked about his son’s marriage, he no longer held a negative attitude towards Yuanyuan, praising her for having a good upbringing and personality, and being understanding. He added that when Yuanyuan visits Taipei, she would always be sure to visit him and his wife.

He said that the couple’s marriage “will likely happen next year if it doesn’t happen this year, and Mark will announce the exact date himself”. He also grumbled, “There are many things that I only get to know just a little earlier than the fans. I’ll let the lovebirds settle their marriage themselves; I’ll just focus on being the officiator.”

Mark did not deny the claims that his father made regarding his marriage: “I’ve always been planning for marriage, since I’m almost thirty. As I’ve said before, I’ll be sure to let everyone know once the details are finalised.”

Source

• 5 months later...

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Mark Chao and Gao Yuanyuan's wedding banquet in NovemberMark Chao and Gao Yuanyuan's wedding banquet in November

9 Oct – Singer-songwriter Allen Chao recently revealed that his son, Taiwanese actor Mark Chao and daughter-in-law, Gao Yuanyuan will be holding their wedding banquet this November.As reported on Phoenix News, Allen disclosed the news on a TV programme on 7 October, saying, "28 November will be Mark and Yuanyuan's wedding day. I hope for a lot of blessings. I will be the emcee and we expect the day will be filled with joy and happiness."Reportedly, Mark will be sending the invitations early next month, and has booked 50 tables at the Le Meridien Taipei for the banquet.Among the celebrity guests that will be invited include actor Ethan Juan and director Doze Niu.In the meantime, Mark is currently busy filming his new movie in Beijing.Falling in love on the set of Chen Kaige's "Caught in the Web" two years ago, Mark Chao finally made Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan his wife in June this year, after registering their marriage in Beijing.(Photo Credit: www.AsianBite.com)Source

• 4 weeks later...

Vic Chou will not attend Mark Chao's wedding

Vic Chou will not attend Mark Chao's wedding

3 Nov – Vic Chou revealed that he will not be attending Mark Chao's wedding banquet, though denied that it was due to their rumoured rivalry.

According to On CC News, the actor, who attended a fashion event recently, stated that he is not fond of being in big crowds.

"I told Mark that though I won't be there, I will absolutely send them a gift!" he said.

Vic also dismissed rumours saying that their rivalry has ended because of Mark's wife and Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan, of whom he worked with on "Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2".

"There was never any rivalry in the first place," said the actor.

On the subject of his own relationship, Vic said that marriage depends on people's own personal beliefs and that he doesn't feel like settling down at this point of his life just yet.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

aww they're seriously one of the cutest couples in the whole Asian ent industry ... pics of the couple on their special day : 
http://asianpopnews.com/gao-yuanyuan-and-mark-chaos-wedding-day/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gao-yuanyuan-and-mark-chaos-wedding-day

ahhh my Mark </3 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gao Yuanyuan denies migrating to CanadaGao Yuanyuan denies migrating to Canada

4 Dec – Gao Yuanyuan's camp has recently dismissed rumours saying that the mainland star will be migrating to Canada.

Previously, rumours were rife that the "Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2" actress may be moving to Canada with husband, Mark Chao, who may be holding a Canadian passport.

However, as reported on Tencent Entertainment, Gao's manager had since denied the rumours. "This statement is nonsense. Gao has no plans of changing her citizenship at all."

Husband Mark Chao, the son of actor Allen Chao, was born in Taiwan, but grew up and studied in Canada before returning to Taiwan to pursue his acting career.

Source

Archived