Chinese+drama_Song+in+the+Clouds_Angelab

Details:

Chinese title: 大汉情缘之云中歌 Dàhàn qíngyuán zhī yún zhōng gē
English title: Cloud in the Song
Genre: Period Drama, Romance

Episodes: 44

Screenwriter: Shen Zhi Ning 沈芷凝

Producer: Yu Zheng

Directors: Hu Yi Juan (Melancholic Princess, The King of Blaze 火王) & Hu Ming Kai

Broadcast Period: September 13, 2015  

Replacing: The Journey of Flower 花千骨

Prequel: Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 (Da Mo Yao 大漠謠)

Original writing (novel): Yun Zhong Ge (云中歌) by Tong Hua (桐华)

(Novel Translation here!)

Replacing:  The Journey of Flower 花千骨

Cast:

Angelababy as Yun Ge

Du Chun as Meng Jue

Lu Yi as Liu Fu Ling

Chen Xiao as Liu Xun

Su Qing as Xu Ping Jun

Yang Rong as Huo Cheng Jun

Mao Xiao Tong as Shangguan Xiao Mei

Bao Bei Er as Liu He

Kou Zhen Hai as Huo Guan

Kan Qing Zi as Huo Ling Er

Wang Hao Ran (王浩燃) as Hong Yi

Liu Guan Xiang as Yu An

Zhang Xue Ying as Mo Chai

Zhao Li Ying as Bai He

Dong Hui as Cheng Er

Wang Wan Zhong (王婉中) as Xiao Su

Choenyi Tsering as Princess Aliya

Fann Wong as Wei Zi Fu

Synopsis:

Yun Zhong Ge as known as Song in the Clouds is a sequel to Sound of the Desert 风中奇缘 (Da Mo Yao 大漠謠). During the Western Han Dynasty, an eight-year-old Emperor Zhao of Han meets a girl Huo Yunge (daughter of Huo Qubing Wei Wuji and Jin Yu from Ballad of the Desert), who rescued him from the cold of the desert. Ten years later, Huo is now a beautiful young woman, who could not forget the boy she saved. However, she mistook another Liu Bing Yi as Emperor Liu Fu Ling. Yunge helplessly watched him marry Xu Pingjun. The heartbroken Huo later meets a handsome Meng Jue, only later to find herself embroiled in a power struggles within the imperial palace.

Watch it here with English subtitles! 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

English Subbed Preview:

Starts at 2:00

OSTs:

Li Yuchun - SiLuo 丝罗

Additional Links:

Cloud in the Song 大汉情缘之云中歌 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Song in the Clouds 大汉情缘之云中歌 Novel Translation
Song in the Clouds 大汉情缘之云中歌 Raw Episodes
Song in the Clouds 大汉情缘之云中歌 Viewership Ratings
Song in the Clouds 大汉情缘之云中歌 Weibo Page

The King of Blaze 火王 Official Drama Thread

Melancholic Princess Official Drama Thread

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• Like 1

Thank you for putting up the thread for this drama cuz I am about to do it. Really looking forward to this one, I have read the English translation of the novel and loved it a lot, but I am afraid the TV adaptation would ruin my love for Yun Zhong Ge, especially when it comes to Yu Zheng and his infamous story destroyer. 

Character stills
Yun Ge
1044752_488639541220458_203405088_n.jpg
1010261_488640007887078_1147110982_n.jpg
Liu Fu Ling
548975_544254692325609_1633051291_n.jpg
1383184_530450740372671_760442137_n.jpg
Meng Jue
553626_525181834232895_949566960_n.jpg
1014347_525182097566202_1862083399_n.jpg
Liu Xun/ Liu Bing Yi
1044822_487533807997698_1965958363_n.jpg

Xu Ping Jun & Liu Xun 
1468796_567287310022347_2119561270_n.jpg

Huo Chen Jun
1002282_488639894553756_2053652332_n.jpg

Liu Xun & Huo Chen Jun
1454797_567287433355668_1500604435_n.jpg

Yun Ge/ Liu Fu Ling
1515051_567287290022349_935576227_n.jpg

Meng Jue/ Chen Jun
1467334_567287473355664_989411120_n.jpg

Meng Jue/ Yun Ge
10276020_628501943900883_441750398499353

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest evori

Excited for this drama. The only thing I don't really get is that her parents work so hard to get her and their family out from the kingdom and it's court intrigue and yet she goes right ahead and get herself involve in it...how will she survive this.  :vicx:

Guest severus

Huge fan of Angelababy's pretty face but her abilities as a lead actress, not so much. I hope they didn't alter the historical background too much for the show, because the author of the book did quite a good job incorporating history and politics into a fictional story. 

Guest severus

I actually liked Ballad of the Dessert minus cheesy CG, @halfmoonsmile. The leads were all likeable and interesting. Eddie Peng's character was actually based on Huo Qubing, a young military general in the Han dynasty. His uninhibited and fearless personality, hot temper, war genius, and the famous “匈奴未灭,何以为家” all hit the spot. Even little things that happened in the backdrop of the drama coincided with Huo's history. 

Liu Shi Shi's character was smart, straightforward, decisive, knew what she wanted but also knew when to let go and pursue something else. Angelababy's character in the book and drama is not quite as likeable (female drama lead potato brain syndrome). 

Guest Soniya15

please tell me that chen xiao is the leading actor. I know he plays one of the three leading actors but is he the one who wins the girl at then end? Please say yes ....

please tell me that chen xiao is the leading actor. I know he plays one of the three leading actors but is he the one who wins the girl at then end? Please say yes ....

I think Chen Xiao plays Liu Bing Yi, who is not considered the leading actor? Based on what I read from wiki, he does not end up with Yunge

Edited by chubbz
Forgot to quote the first time
  • Like 1

Confirmation by HunanTV this serie serie will airing for September 13, 2015 

湖南衛視22px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ 中国2015年9月13日

. So yes probably after my dear ''The Journey of Flower'' serie who is confirmed to finish in september..

@sugarplum892: Could you change again the date :sweatingbullets: my mistake for the last date

@carmolita dear :wub:, so we will sleep in this tread after TJOF or in Lan Ling Princess tread ? LOL 

I did like the first part the Sound of the Desert but not to hardcore maniac ^^;; I was shipping for Eddie (how can I betray Hu Ge I KNOW O.O ) 

@severus 

Isn't Lu Yi a little old to play 陵哥哥?

Nannnn he still HOTTY :) I like him from Young Detective Bao 2 and Network Love Story (he was so hotty inside LOL) I will like to see how he will interact with Angelababy in this serie..well he also one a man from Yun Ge's harem :D Also I did like more Eddie be Huo Qu Bing more than Meng Jiu/Hu Ge...in the sound of the desert...and I also prefer her mother personality than Yun Ge =.=;

@chubbz

I think Chen Xiao plays Liu Bing Yi, who is not considered the leading actor? Based on what I read from wiki, he does not end up with Yunge

No true he not end up with Yun Ge....

@Soniya15 nooo Chen Xiao wasn't a lead in this serie..Yun Ge got a harem the beautiful guys on her feet which Chen Xiao also....

@evori dear!!!:wub: wait a minute you should sleep more in Andy tread serie than here LOL. About that 

Excited for this drama. The only thing I don't really get is that her parents work so hard to get her and their family out from the kingdom and it's court intrigue and yet she goes right ahead and get herself involve in it...how will she survive this.  

Don't ask me dear, she seriously stupid sometime in her decision in the novel. I don't understand how Huo Qu Bing and Jin Yu have a girl like her...If she got her father intelligent, would was great..maybe I'm too severe with her...hm anyway I would wait to see it :)

@halfmoonsmile you should try again Sound of the Desert :) was ok seriously 

I have read a bit the novel for the Sound in The Cloud but was a bit too much dramatic than the first part. Too much political fight and dramatic and about about Yun Ge...

be pregnant and abort it (not her fault)..

MY favorite character was Meng Jue...who is Du Chun (love him since ''Rent a Girlfriend Home For New Year'' and Terracotta serie)

Who is the guy who Yun Ge was really in love....My answer still the same...Meng Jue hm. I know he is a antihero, use her for his political reason, hurt her so much...but he was really in love with her. Yes another tearing serie...shoud I start to watch another tearing serie after My Hua Qian Gu? hm let's see 

I will said that I don't like Angelababy ^^;; sorry all Angelababy fans, I just tell you my true feeling, please try to accept it. She seem a barbie doll to me, too much surgery make her seem irreal. BUT that is only my comment. For her acting, I will see it :) because as I can see, she have done well the serie. Maybe her face was too much modern and she was TOO much beautiful hm.

A lot populars actors was inside this serie, sure I will see for everyone :) Also love all costume we got in this serie.

hm ...I was hope a happy ending everyone....so...

maxresdefault.jpg

credit YT

whyyy my Meng Jue is like that o.O

credit nnlcartoon

ok :) see everyone later in september hehe me back to Flower :) 

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Excited for this drama. The only thing I don't really get is that her parents work so hard to get her and their family out from the kingdom and it's court intrigue and yet she goes right ahead and get herself involve in it...how will she survive this.  :vicx:

Sounds like the story of the little mermaid 2. Ariel is a mermaid that wants to become human and stay in the human realm. Whilst her daughter is the complete opposite, she is a human who wants to become a mermaid. Oh the irony!

• Like 2

So far ep 1 was quite interesting. It's definitely a Yu Zheng type of drama. He added the mini story about Fann Wong, almost predicting a little about Yun Ge. 

Also, it's weird how they use or have the music that is exactly like HSDS 2003... So I keep feeling like it's HSDS 2003 (Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre or Yi Tian Tu Long Ji).

• Like 1