[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] The Ultimate Addiction 點金勝手

sugarplum892

320px-%E9%BB%9E%E9%87%91%E5%8B%9D%E6%89%

Details:Title: 點金勝手  / Dim Gum Sing Show
English title: The Ultimate Addiction
Genre: Modern, romanceEpisodes: 30Producer: Chung Wai Kin
Production Company: TVB
Broadcast Date: June 2, 2014 - July 11, 2014Replacing: Never Dance Alone 女人俱樂部
Cast:Bosco Wong - Cheuk YukKate Tsui - Chi NgaNancy Wu - Fong Ming YuSharon Chan - Ho Seung YiBen Wong - Chow San YungElena Kong - Cha Pui FanStephen WongToby LeungMC JinGloria Tang (MCI 2013)Jack WuJune ChanHa PingAlex(Jazz) LamOscar Leung
Synopsis:Cheuk Yuk (Bosco Wong)is a major figure in the financial industry who has no problems with crossing boundaries and playing dirty tricks for his own benefits. For this, he has long been a target of the Commercial Crime Bureau. Cheuk Yuk is much obsessed in the game of money and power, such that he neglects his family and friends. His wife and master have successively passed away because of him; however, he still felt no remorse, and instead, his ways have even worsened. Cheuk Yuk's brother-in-law, Chow San Yung (Ben Wong), being a member of the CCB, vows to have Cheuk Yuk prosecuted and brought to justice. His senior Ho Seung Yi (Sharon Chan) and subordinate Chi Nga (Kate Tsui) also work together with him to collect evidence. San Yung, at first, had high hopes for Chi Nga and even views her as his apprentice; however, Chi Nga suddenly resigns from her position as a CCB member and joins Cheuk Yuk's company. She first gains the trust of Cheuk Yuk's second wife, Fong Ming Yu (Nancy Wu) and then assists Cheuk Yuk to battle the female tycoon of the financial industry, Cha Pui Fan (Elena Kong). Eventually, Chi Nga seems to have the entire situation under her control, and even Cheuk Yuk's fiery ambition appears to have been engulfed. When on the battlefield of the financial industry, where there is countless bloodshed and slaughtering, who will decide the final victory?
Preview:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81DkWq309o&feature=share&list=PL6xnAvlFTCA1mfoF_4LGCYR3D5MkE3dEA
Theme Songs:Fred Cheng - Test

Kate Tsui & Hubert Wu - Tight Game (棋逢敵手 )

• 4 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kate Tsui reveals she was force kissed by Nancy WuWednesday May 28, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: SingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB new drama "The Ultimate Addiction", with main leads Bosco Wong, Kate Tsui, Nancy Wu, Ben Wong and Toby Leung, will be airing next Monday. Yesterday, the cast gathered at a seaview restaurant to promote the drama. TVB even spent a heavy 6 figure amount to connect live at the event with the main lead, Bosco, who was filming at Hengdian in Mainland. The artists who were at the venue made fun of Bosco, how was on the big screen, making it a very funny moment. 

Kate laughed saying yesterday was the largest promotional event in history; broadcasting live in two places seems like something that would only happen at anniversary events; therefore she is very happy to be able to participate in such a heavily invested drama. She also revealed that TVB will also produce souvenirs to gift to the audience. Kate expressed that it's been a while (since she's been in a big production), so she feels it's very rare opportunity. Will she have pressure for ratings because of this? She replied: "We'll try our best! We still have a lot of promotional jobs. We will be going to the Shanghai TV Festival in the beginning of June, and will also promote the insert song she will sing for the drama. It's been a while since I sang, but there is no plans for releasing an album yet." Kate also laughed saying Bosco is very busy making RMB in Mainland, so she hopes he can return to Hong Kong as soon as possible to promote together and attend the TV Festival. Asked if Kate has any intimate scenes with Bosco in the drama? She stated that they do not, but she does with Nancy, so she feels she made a breakthrough. She explained the scene happens because Nancy suspected that she was a lesbian; therefore there is a kissing scene: "It's pretty intense, challenging the boundaries of TV. It was a little awkward, but it was more awkward for Nancy because she was the one taking initiative, and it was also very quiet on set!" 

Nancy laughed stating that kissing Kate was even more nervewracking than kissing Bosco, who plays her husband in the drama, because she has never force kissed someone else. She even had to push Kate against the wall. Because she was afraid of hurting Kate, they NG-ed two times. She expressed that she and her good female friends will often give each other small pecks: "But actually force kissing someone and being force kissed by someone is not a good experience, because it is only one-sided, not mutual!" Nancy, who also has quite a few kissing scenes with Bosco, continued saying that this time is one of the more intimate experiences in her whole career. Asked if Kate or Bosco is better to kiss? She laughed saying the two are different; with Bosco, they are very normal husband-wife kissing scenes, but force kissing Kate felt more intense! 

Toby is training for abs to become a fighter

Toby appeared with a sexy, black, transparent outfit, revealing her bra and showing her long legs. She stated that she is now working hard on getting abs for her fighter character in her new drama in August: "Want to train for abs; I'm also doing boxing and Table Dance now, hope to be more strong and fit because I hurt a ligament when filming for "The Ultimate Addiction"." She also laughed saying she (her look) is sexy in a healthy way, just a bit exaggerated in the past. She even admitted that her bust size has shrunk!

Kate Tsui is worried about going to troubled Shanghai
Tuesday June 3, 2014 Hong Kong
Source
Posted Image

With various conflicts happening in mainland China at the moment, Hong Kong actress Kate Tsui says that she will be extra careful during her promotional tour in Shanghai.

As reported on On CC, the actress, who appeared at the promotional event of her upcoming drama, "The Ultimate Addiction" with fellow co-stars Nancy Wu, Sharon Chan, and Jeanette Leung in Yau Tong recently, admitted that she is worried about the upcoming promotional activities in mainland China.

"I am quite nervous about it, but I do believe that TVB will tighten the security at the event," said Kate.

In regards to the news about the woman in Shandong who was beaten to death at a fast food restaurant after refusing to give her number to a group of religious cult members, Kate said, "I hope that mainland citizens will be extra careful. It's better to watch TV series at home than going out all the time."

Meanwhile, when asked about co-star Bosco Wong's absence from the promotional event for the third time running due to his filming obligation in China, Kate joked, "He should treat us to a meal. He can't escape this time!"

Kate Tsui will not be releasing an album anytime soon
Friday June 6, 2014 Hong Kong
SourceKate Tsui will not be releasing an album anytime soon

TVB actress Kate Tsui recently dismissed rumours saying that she has plans to restart her music career.

As reported on Oriental Daily, the actress recently returned to the studio to record the ending theme for her upcoming drama, "The Ultimate Addiction" with Hubert Wu.

When it was revealed that Herman Ho, the boss of TVB's record label came to observe the recording, speculations arose that he may be interested to release an album for Kate.

However, Kate, who appeared on a radio programme on 4 June to promote her upcoming series, dismissed the rumours and stressed that she has no plans to return to music.

"I am more compatible with acting. Having people liking my music is enough," said the actress.

Meanwhile, when asked about the plastic surgery rumours surrounding co-star Nancy Wu, Kate laughed and denied it, saying, "If her nose looks different, it may have been caused by camera angles."

Bosco Wong has not reconciled with Myolie Wu
Thursday June 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source
TVB actor Bosco Wong recently dismissed rumours saying that he and his former girlfriend of eight years, Myolie Wu have decided to rekindle their romance.

As reported on Mingpao, the actor, who made an appearance at the Shanghai TV Festival under the "TVB Family 2014 Programme Recommendation Press Conference" to promote his latest series, "The Ultimate Addiction", stated that the rumour was just a misunderstanding.

"People understood it wrong. The rumour was actually written about Nancy Wu and not me," said Bosco.

However, Bosco said he doesn't mind the rumours, as it helps the series' promotion, saying, "It's either relationship rumours, or rumours about co-stars having a conflict with each other!"

The actor's presence at the press conference also marked his first time promoting for the upcoming series, after being absent from previous promotions due to his hectic filming schedule in mainland China.

When asked how he would be making it up to his co-stars, Bosco joked, "I'll just stick myself on a cutting board. They can cut and mince all they want!"

____________________“The Ultimate Addiction” Reaches 50 Million Hits
Thursday June 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Jaynestars
Image: Credit to Appledaily
Translated by R.E.D.
Posted Image

Filming in Mainland China, Bosco Wong missed earlier promotions for currently airing TVB drama The Ultimate Addiction. Recently completing his Mainland drama, he now has more free time to help out with promotions. He appeared at the Shanghai TV Festival yesterday to promote the drama with co-stars Kate Tsui and Ben Wong.

Bosco portrays a ruthless CEO in The Ultimate Addiction, which centers on human greed in the cut-throat world of Hong Kong’s financial sector. The role was a new challenge for the 33-year-old actor. “[The drama] has been getting great reactions. So far, it has reached over 50 million views online.” In its first week of broadcast, the drama averaged 27 ratings points and peaked at 28 points. Bosco joked that if ratings increase, his costar Kate would have to reveal more skin.

Kate interjected, “What? I already revealed a lot of skin for my weight loss commercial. I also revealed my back in the drama. If ratings do get better, I’ll just ask the producer to air an extended scene of my bare back.” “Oh, if that’s the case then I’ll reveal my chest,” said Bosco. Even without further skin exposure from the stars at promotional events, The Ultimate Addiction features titillating scenes ahead. Nancy Wu forces a kiss on Kate, who flashes her nude body before Nancy while pretending to be a lesbian. In a bedroom scene with Bosco, Nancy will strip down to a black bra while trying to seduce her husband.

NOTE: There may be a mistake in the article regarding the first week ratings. First week ratings were reported to have averaged 22 PTS and peaked at 26 PTS. 

Sharon Chan wants the role of a villain
Tuesday June 17, 2014 Hong Kong
Source
Sharon Chan wants the role of a villain

Though Sharon Chan plays the role of a police woman yet again for her new series, "The Ultimate Addiction", the TVB actress recently admitted she hopes to be offered antagonist roles in future.

According to Hong Kong's On CC News, the actress denied that her role in "The Ultimate Addiction" is similar to other police characters she played previously. She said, "My character started off righteous, but then she slowly turned into a different person who is willing to sell her body due to several tragic incidents."

"It's like playing dual roles instead of one," she added.

However, the actress still hopes that she will be given a different kind of challenge in the future, saying, "It doesn't matter if it's an ugly character, a housewife, or a newspaper delivery person, I'll do it. But I am looking forward to play the role of a villain the most."

Meanwhile, Sharon revealed that she is also currently rehearsing her vocals in preparation for her Hokkien album, which is scheduled to be launched at the end of the year.

"The album will be mostly ballad songs," Sharon revealed.

Source: KuangaiTVB / MingPao

Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (06/09/2014 -06/15/2014)

Dramas 

Journey to the West - 西遊記 (EPS 31-35) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)

The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 06-10) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 23 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 530-534) - 22 PTS 

Variety Shows 

Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 23 PTS

The Conquerors - 快樂聯盟 - 19 PTS

FIFA World Cup Samba Passion - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-熱爆巴西 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SUN 13 PTS

FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - FRI 15 PTS / SAT 9 PTS / SUN 11 PTS

FIFA World Cup Opening Carnival - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃 – 開幕森巴嘉年華 - 6 PTS (THURS 11:30PM-03:30AM) 

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Complaints:

- TVB received 9 complaints for "The Ultimate Addiction"; 7 of them were complaints on Bosco Wong's scenes being too little, and 2 of them regarding the story going off topic.

- The Communications Authority Bureau received 20 complaints on "The Ultimate Addiction", about the prime time slot unsuitable for plot lines inappropriate for children and plot lines related to homosexuality. There were also complaints on the drama promoting sexual related content, and causing discomfort for the audience.

- The Communications Authority Bureau received 8 complaints on the World Cup Opening Carnival; too many commercials; therefore disturbing the fun for viewers, some of the content was inappropriate; therefore bringing negative impact to the youth.

- The FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights also received 4 complaints such as the show's background board made a mistake with one of the countries' flags, lacking respect, etc.

- TVB also received 14 complaints on the FIFA matches broadcasts; complaints saying the commentary is not professional enough, some viewers hope they can re-broadcast matches in the day. There were also 2 suggestions, hoping that TVB can broadcast the behind-the-scenes after matches are over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Source: KuangaiTVB Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (06/16/2014 -06/22/2014)
Dramas Journey to the West - 西遊記 (EPS 36-40) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 11-15) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 535-539) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 22 PTS
The Conquerors - 快樂聯盟 - 20 PTS
FIFA World Cup Samba Passion - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-熱爆巴西 - 14 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SAT 9 PTS / SUN 12 PTS

Related News:- TVB received an e-mail praising "Journey to the West"; some viewers also praised the dubbing of "Zhu Bajie", finding it very funny.

Source: KuangaiTVB Translated by: Chloe.C 
TVB Ratings Report (06/23/2014 -06/29/2014)
Dramas Journey to the West - 西遊記 (EPS 41-45 END) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 16-20) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 540-544) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 20PTS
2014 TVB Commercial Awards - 2014 TVB 最受歡迎廣告頒獎典禮 - 14 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SAT 11 PTS / SUN 12 PTS

Sharon Chan affected by miscarriage sceneSharon Chan affected by miscarriage scene

TVB actress Sharon Chan recently shared that her most unforgettable scene in her new series "The Ultimate Addiction" will be the one she will not be watching when it is aired on television.

As reported in Hong Kong's ON CC News, the actress, who admitted that her role in the series is her most challenging yet, revealed that filming a miscarriage scene for the series was really the most memorable, yet the most difficult performance for her as an actress.

"Filming the scene made a huge impact to me. We shot the scene in an operation room with the lights directly on my face, making it feel almost real," said Sharon.

The actress added that in order to make the scene looked more realistic, the crew also used a pig organ as the miscarried baby.

"I will definitely not watch the scene. I think I would be traumatised by it," said Sharon.

The actress, who plays a dual role in the series, said that she pitied her character very much due to her tragic life.

"She had a depression and a miscarriage. She was also wrongly accused and imprisoned, so she decided to become rich in order to seek revenge. She turned into a strong woman in the finance world because of what happened to her. I really feel sorry for her," said Sharon.

Source

Source: Wacow@Blog163Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (06/30/2014 - 07/06/2014)
Dramas Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain - 寒山潛龍 (EPS 1-5) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 21-25) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 545-549) - 21 PTS 
SpecialsAlex To Special - 杜德偉・巨星同學會 - 15 PTS
1314 Joey Yung (Concert Special) - 一生一世容祖兒 - 14 PTS
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS
The Conquerors - 快樂聯盟 - 21 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SUN 10 PTS
Complaints- There were some complaints on "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain", saying the dialogue and costumes of the actors are not suitable for the drama's setting. - Also complaints on the World Cup broadcasts; not satisfied that all matches could not be live broadcasted for free. However, there were also praises on commentator, Ho Fai, being very professional.

Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (07/07/2014 - 07/13/2014)
Dramas The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 26-30 END) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain - 寒山潛龍 (EPS 6-10) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 550-554) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SUN 13 PTS
Complaints- TVB received 8 complaints on "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain" about the plot being too ridiculous and the dialogue being too vulgar/coarse. - There were 14 complaints received regarding the World Cup broadcast, with viewers unhappy that the third place match was not broadcasted on the free channel, and the hosts' commentary being biased. - "Eating Well with Madam Wong" received 8 complaints regarding: the guest chef that appeared on the show passed away before the broadcast of the episode; therefore broadcasting the episode is disrepectful to the deceased and his family and friends, and also makes viewers uncomfortable.

• 5 months later...

2014 Top Ten Highest Rating SeriesThursday January 8, 2015 Hong KongCredits: to hyn5 1. "Gilded Chopsticks" 29 points
2. "Line Walker" 28 points3. "Storm in a Cocoon" 27 points4. "Rear Mirror" 27 points5. "Outbound Love" 26 points6. "Black Heart White Soul" 26 points7. "Ruse of Engagement" 26 points8. "Come On, Cousin" 26 points9. "Never Dance Alone" 25 points10. "Queen Divas" 25 points
2014 Lowest Rating Series1. "Journey to the West" 22 points2. "The Ultimate Addiction" 23 points3. "Lady Sour" 23 points

2014 Top Five Highest Consolidated Rating Series(includes online ratings) 1. "Line Walker" 30.5 points2. "Gilded Chopsticks" 30.3 points3. "Rear Mirror" 28.6 points4. "Storm in a Cocoon" 28.3 points5. "Outbound Love" 27.6 points
FYI: "Come Home Love", "Shades of Life", and "Tiger Cubs II" were not included.

Archived