Quantcast

What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

Halfway through Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo - Sato Takeru is pretty hot as a tsundere doctor. Also halfway through Hanbun, Aoi, wish there were more of Ritsu with Suzume.

Also, Hero 2014 is boring and lacks the charm and wit of the original.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KoiTsudu. Loving this drama.  

Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Dokomademo.  Love it!!!

I'm going to watch this one too! Yamaken!!!! I watch every drama he is in  Bonus: it has Masaki Suda.   @staygold I'm waiting for Kento Yamazaki to break out of the live action "prince charm

here to rave about Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo :

it is so simple and cute. I love the two main characters, lots of doses of sugar and cuteness. Actors really did justice to it. I will also think of it when I am down and out as it is an energizer. It is a manga turned into live action in the right way. I didnt like the manga but this series is perfect for a grey day when you need to smell the roses. Ohh and absolutely Takeru Satooo ohhhh is hotttt!

@Aziraphale: was thinking of checking out Aoi but now not sure. I want more of the main characters and their romance  :D

do share some nice recommendations...

@Jim Dandy: i had seen oshin ages ago. I loved it as a child. Where are u seeing some of your recommendations? Any suggestions for sites where english subs for japanese series would be available? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, Dramafreak said:

here to rave about Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo :

it is so simple and cute. I love the two main characters, lots of doses of sugar and cuteness. Actors really did justice to it. I will also think of it when I am down and out as it is an energizer. It is a manga turned into live action in the right way. I didnt like the manga but this series is perfect for a grey day when you need to smell the roses. Ohh and absolutely Takeru Satooo ohhhh is hotttt!

@Aziraphale: was thinking of checking out Aoi but now not sure. I want more of the main characters and their romance  :D

do share some nice recommendations...

I was pretty put off by Koi Tsuzu towards the end of its run, and now want Sato Takeru to not take on anymore stupid roles. I like him in Hanbun, Aoi, and also felt he had more chemistry with Nagano Mei.

Happy to give recs, but what kind of genre of dramas are you looking for? Any favourite actors or something?

I'm currently halfway through Shiranakute Ii Koto and the magazine setting is great. Love Sasaki Kuranosuke as the chief editor, and Emoto Tasuku as a romantic interest is pretty neat.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dramafreak said:

here to rave about Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo

I loved it too. It really was not ground breaking, predictable at times but it was just fun and entertaining.  TBH I almost didn't watch it after the first 2 episodes but am so happy I kept watching.   This was my first time watching Sato Takeru and have became a big fan. I'm now almost finished with Bitter Blood. Sato is great in this one. He is just an excellent actor and sooo hot.

@Aziraphale I'm almost finished with Shiranakute Li Koto too. I love Yuriko Yoshitaka's dramas

The drama that has me the excited to watch is

• Like 1
21 hours ago, evie7 said:

@Aziraphale I'm almost finished with Shiranakute Li Koto too. I love Yuriko Yoshitaka's dramas

The drama that has me the excited to watch is

BG 2 is postponed until further notice, as are quite a few dramas this season.

For Shiranakute Ii Koto, Yoshitaka Yuriko is serviceable, but I'm more interested in the magazine setting, Sasaki Kuranosuke and Emoto Tasuku. I just hope it ends on a decent note.

For Sato Takeru, I recommend trying Tenno no Ryoriban. Hanbun, Aoi is also lovely - Sato is not the lead, but he has lovely chemistry with Nagano Mei. And of course you must watch the Rurouni Kenshin films.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, Aziraphale said:

Happy to give recs, but what kind of genre of dramas are you looking for? Any favourite actors or something?

Slice of life, comedy, something light for now.

Will ask for some political satires or political dramas + heavy duty stuff in June :)

about Koi Tsuzu... i dont know. There is something about it's cuteness that works for me. I will check out the 2015 drama if i can find it online with subs...

And fated to love you japanese remake was not my cup of tea. I was thinking of checking out if talking paid and yup... i liked tokyo midnight diner. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

I was thinking of checking out if talking paid

I loved If Talking Paid, if you have not watched it, please check it out.  Another good one is Momikeshite Fuyu. It's hilarious and very over the top at times but it was a light fun drama

On 4/8/2020 at 7:02 AM, Aziraphale said:

For Sato Takeru, I recommend trying Tenno no Ryoriban. Hanbun, Aoi is also lovely - Sato is not the lead, but he has lovely chemistry with Nagano Mei. And of course you must watch the Rurouni Kenshin films.

Thank you for the recommendations. I'm going to start Tenno no Ryoriban next. 

• Like 1

Just finished Koi wa tsuzuku yo doko made mo and absolutely loved it. I like that the male lead was not such an abrasive character and he seems to have realised quite quickly that she had the qualities to become an exceptional nurse. That made all the difference to me. I hate dramas where the verbal abuse from the male lead towards the female lead goes on for far too long. I do agree the first two episodes were a bit hard to watch.

These types of dramas are my favourite and I've watched Nodame Cantabile the anime and live action, Itazura na kiss both the anime and the live action the Chinese one which was very well done. I don't like it when the female lead is really very dumb but in this case Sakura Nanase wasn't she was actually quite a good nurse especially because she was hard working and observant. She brought very important qualifications to her job not to mention she really cared about her patients and got along with  them and took great interest in them that helped her bring quality to her work that helped fill in the gaps the other nurses left.

All in all a wonderful drama. I am always on the look out for good dramas in Japanese.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Slice of life, comedy, something light for now.

Will ask for some political satires or political dramas + heavy duty stuff in June :)

I don't know what you've watched, but here are some recs:

Food: Kodoku no Gurume, Tenno no Ryoriban

Slice of life: Kinou nani Tabeta, Fuben na Benriya, Ore no Hanashi wa Nagai, a bunch of asadora

Comedy: Nodame Cantabile, Neko Zamurai, Legal High, Tamiou

Rom-coms: Love Shuffle, Hotaru no Hikari, Long Vacation, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi, Ossan's Love

Cop buddies: Bitter Blood, Keiji Yugami

If you want to watch more of Sato Takeru in a comedic role, try Gibo to Musume no Blues - he only appears more in the second half of the drama, but his character is really, really stupid.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

yamauchidaisuke_20200228_02.jpg

Start watching this season's drama, Tetsu no Hone [Literally as Steel Bone]. One of few dramas not delayed by the current coronavirus pandemic. I personally is a fan of dramas adapted from the novelist Jun Ikeido, from Rikuo to Shitamachi Rocket.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished a bunch of things:

- Toumei na Yurikago: heavy, but worth the watch.

- Lupin no Musume: hung in there for Watabe Atsuro. Seto Koji was fine, but Fukada Kyoko still sucks at acting after all these years.

- Hanbun, Aoi: lovely watch overall. Sato Takeru and Nagano Mei were adorable together.

- Shinya Shokudo season 4: it's like visiting an old friend again.

Currently halfway through Bishoku Tantei and on the last legs of Top Knife.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2020 at 3:26 AM, Aziraphale said:

- Lupin no Musume: hung in there for Watabe Atsuro. Seto Koji was fine, but Fukada Kyoko still sucks at acting after all these years.

Currently halfway through Bishoku Tantei and on the last legs of Top Knife.

Somehow the humor in Lupin no Musume didn't work for me. Seto Koji is cute though. Yusuke Onuki also gave a good performance.

Top Knife overall is a disappointment for me. I cannot emotionally relate to the drama and the characters. The magic in Code Blue by same writer is lost here.

Also watched the 2018 & 2020 SPs: Amanjaku - the former surgeon killer series.

Toshiaki Karasawa's acting is as good as ever. The stories have logical flaws but still entertaining enough to keep one watching.

a866a6d6726011ea8039ef8094a2444f.jpg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Somehow the humor in Lupin no Musume didn't work for me. Seto Koji is cute though. Yusuke Onuki also gave a good performance.

Top Knife overall is a disappointment for me. I cannot emotionally relate to the drama and the characters. The magic in Code Blue by same writer is lost here.

Lupin no Musume is the kind of drama where you check your brains at the door, and check out some more when you watch. The ending is funny though. But yeah, not a loss if it didn't work for you, I barely hung in there myself.

I did like Top Knife though, but mostly cuz I like Shiina Kippei and enjoyed his character. Amami Yuki was pretty good too. The cases were okay but not memorable. I didn't watch Code Blue because I prefer my lead actors to know how to act.

I'm a bit bummed that Bishoku Tantei is postponed, it'd just reached a good point. Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Bishoku Tantei is back on track, and episode 7 was semi-interesting. Didn't realise there are only two episodes left, hope it ends on a good note. Also on the last legs of Tokyo Sentimental, it's been a good watch so far.

• Like 1