What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

Doing marathon of Age Harassment. Oh gosh.. these men.. they like like women are materials. Yikes.

The men in the scene of episode  -  Deputy section  chief  of General Affairs Department and subordinates eating while discussing women and harassment..

Discussing type of harassment....:rolleyes::vicx:.. Hah.

"putting a hand on a woman's should is already sexual harassment"

"You give orders while raising your tone a little- power harassment"

"When you asked a personnel what they will do after giving birth what they will do- it's maternal harassment"

"when you insist someone to go to karaoke- it's kara-hara" ( not sure what it means)

"When you give something heavy to a young person, that's age harassment"

OMG.. and this from the youngest in the team, Ikawa Yu ( the 25 yr old)  "women cause problems too, with their clothes."

Yeeeesh.. what the?!?!

And then Koichi( who does the daddy duties) said that silly and to stop thinking that way.. and young guy said... "if you call me an idiot that's moral harassment.

The difference between jdrama and kdrama.. jdrama mostly they're not afraid to tackle things that might deem too bold a subject or theme.

Okay. Jut sharing much what I'm currently watching...

But actually the drama is like Emiri's chief getting jealous of her because she's young pretty and she's smart and jovial with the men. Yay jealousy.

Also checking out Good Partner.. but I'll wait till all episodes gets sub.

So I just finished 7th episode just now s waiting for 8-9 to be sub. Ikr.. I'm discussing all by myself the jdrama I'm currently watching ha ha.

Oh no... the end of episode 5. I was like  oh my god.. but I'm kinda wanting it too He he..  I'm  enjoying this drama. Obviously.  Episode 6 love it. Father of the year goes too Sada.. if all men are like him..divorce rate will be down. He chose family over going to London office. the holding hand on the rooftop Yoshii and Hoshihno sort of a date with her parents who suddenly turned up....and oh they kissed. I like.  Episode 7 - that Yokohoama date...woooh.  And the last scene...the squeaky clean young guy and deputy overheard by the General Admin personnel...with age harassment conversation comparing older women worker to younger ones..and as always at the end of episode Yoshii ever the tough one seek to correct the wrong assumption.And hey  I like the writing for this drama .

Still waiting for 8-9 to be sub. I check couple of comments/reviews just to get the feel different pov and  it wasn't good. However reviews doesn't affect  or influence how I feel  and how I see the drama and how I understood it.

Currently watching.... Kazoku no Katachi :)  

Dang, no sub yet 8-9. Still waiting

tbh I marathon jdrama a lot more than kdrama. it's just quicker with 12 episodes :)

Still watching KnK

Next up will be Yasashii Jikan and  Lost Days.  Read  good reviews for both and esp for Lost Days.

Thoughts when I'm done 

At the moment... Kazoku no Katachi! quality writing.  Yeah that good of drama. It's funny, heartwarming. well written. I was like Aw. Aw . Aw. then I got teary eyed. The end of ep 2 when dad took that shot of him eating smoked salmon.. he was so enjoying savoring it with his beer.. when the dad  ask how was it he was deny to death saying no no it's terrible.. and dad was like gotcha! Ha ha  And me was like. Ha! So you wanna live in own castle. eh?  take that!

"If people can remember to be  courteous, things will work out" - father, ep 3  Kazoku no Katachi

So the first scene of ep 3  had me LOL when dad brought the furniture cabinet and photo of the the mom.  I'm like yeah, so what the hell can you do, huh? Daisuke? Well, what else but just to look and sigh.. oh  when dad lives with you in your own castle. Then  me lol at the  fertilizer scene. And then the scene when they quarreled.. again as he was creating noise again- party with friends thereby disturbing other condo owners. Daisuke said...why don't you change!

After while  Daisuke's  father showed the letter the mother left be she died.

"To my dear husband. If I go before you, I'm very worried about you, who will be left alone. I'll note down the things you'll need for your everyday life.  When you're having troubles, ask someone for help, okay? Contact your old friends. As you get older, you can't do everything by yourself like you used to. Try to get along with people around you. 2;s better than 3, 3s better than 2, you know.  Thanks to you and Daisuke. I was happy.. I was truly happy. Thank you."

Father:  "So that I cause worries for mom in the other world, I decided to change. Do all the fatherly things."

Daisuke's like " Mom's an idiot. Worrying about dad until the very end. Idiot."  And I'm like Aww. Now you see where you're dad's coming from why he's like that.  Then Daisuke went down check on his dad who is sleeping on the couch.. he saw the school things for Kota-sun on the table. The morning after.... That smile on Kota-sun's face when he saw all his school things with his name written on then. Awww. Daisuke!

Daisuke narration....

Second guessing whether someone's life is happy is probably presumptuous itself.

And once he was alone in his castle again. He sat on the couch.  But that smile on Daisuke's face.. priceless. Aww!

This drama is just smart wonderful witty funny nothing cheesy or sappy.

Just done with the marathon... 5-10. I'll share because  I love the narration. Narration is high lighted. Thanks for indulging.  Sorry it's long.

ep5  love, marriage, and of not being alone

If a person is lucky enough to meet his best partner, the institution of marriage may not be a bad thing.  But if you you were to ask if partner who's perfect for me exist in this world,I'd say  the probability is extremely low

The end scene of ep 5 Hanako confessed something sensitive.  Tubal pregnancy and surgery. That she''s unable to get pregnant naturally again....  thinking on in-vitro. which caused the divorce, telling everything to Daisuke.. "becuase he doesn't care and does not show any dramatics... (but of course.. it bother him.. he just didn't show it).

ep 6 Distracted but still concerned..

Confession distracted him so much.. flashback to when he matter of fact said to Hanako.. he's young,  he can have kids,  he feels sorry for her ( he didn't know at that time about her pregnancy problems). It's distracting him....BECAUSE HE CARES! whether he admits it or not. Episode so good I could quote everything! wonderfully written.

Daisuke narration....

Distractions that shake up one's heart, are always brought in form the outside from someone else other than me. If you don't want to be saddled with unnecessary problems, it's best to keep your distance with people, but...... People are basically weak creatures. Because we're weak, we build high walls, we lock out doors, and protect ourselves. But what happens when someone barging in your home without knocking... what does mean to embrace someone? if I don't know  what it means at my age, is something wrong with me?. What should I have said to Hanako? 

My favorite for ep 6.  when I got so teary eyed. When he decided to have a word with Hanako.....

I'm not a woman, and I never though I wanted a kid. I don't quite understand Hanako's feelings or your ex's feelingsHonestly speaking, even now, I'm wondering why you told me such an important thing. How do people normally take it? I thought about and I still don't get it. But I'll think it about it some more. I'll think about it so.... next time you want to vent out something.. I've developed some tolerance, so... if  things get tough, you can tell me again.

Aww!  I wanna hug Daisuke. That smile he gave her. The grateful look she gave him. Not being  able to get pregnant is a sensitive thing for women. It was something she kept a lid on and finally she was able to  get it out of her system to a stranger whom she thinks will neither  care nor matter and it was a relief to her.  But the thing is it bothered him. He didn't know how to react.

ep7: There are secrets.

People keep secrets for a variety of reasons. The moment you realized someone close to you has a secret, you'll be distressed. Even if that secret is kept  even with no ill content

ep8 All things must come to an end...Daisuke can't wait to reclaim his castle.

Yes, it all comes to an end someday. It's just a little bit longer that I have to bear with these folks.

But then the father announced he's going to die soon. The look on Daisuke's face. The reaction. Like it hasn't sink in. 

ep 9. When Daisuke's putting up a front.....

The smile is an armour of the heart. It hides our true feelings.  Be it fear, trepidation, or anger,  most emotions can be hidden with  smile.  Yes, by putting  a smile.... How does one normally react at a time like this? When your dad who you thought was nothing but presumptuous and troublesome suddenly tells you "I'm dying".

They ask...."Daisuke, are you alright? Everything alright?"

He answers "It's not like I'm the one dying"

And that's how I lie, with false smile and words, I protect myself.

Conversation of Hanako and Daisuke.The scenes. Tears.

"I was really looking forward to going back to being alone again. But now, now I'm scared. Of being alone after dad dies. When I think that day is coming, I'm scared." -Daisuke

"When that happens. When it gets tough to be alone, just come to me." -Hanako

Ending scene for ep. when Daisuke grant this father's last wish.. a family portrait.

When you take of the armor. Your heart becomes lighter. When you can't take off the armor even for a moment, you can probably put on a smile again when necessary. But when that day arrives, whether I'll be able to smile, I'm not confident at all.

ep10  Final.  With love, joy and tears. Contentment. I'll just quote the narration

Spending the last remaining days....

Yes, people change. For better or worse. People, at times part ways, triggered by trivial matter, and total stranger at times embrace each other, as we go on building different kinds of life. There's no two same life inside the window. Under each roof, inside each window, people continue to search for different forms of happiness, with no one knowing what the correct answer is. Shortly after that, dad. went.

Talking to his dad who passed away...

I tell you, look at all the stuff you brought.  you made a total mess of perfect castle. You came as you pleased, you left as you pleased, Damn you anyway!

After the funeral....

Living under one roof, the whole family will smile and be happy. That's nothing but a fantasy. To the contrary, it may be more of a miracle to spend everyday together with a smile on our face. Changing it's form little by little, our modest daily life continues. Under each respected roof, inside each respective window. Naturally, in order to maintain our every day life, there are few things that are necessary. Tolerance, Love, Give and take and..... a modest time spent alone is still necessary.

That fact that I spent time doing marathon and quoting the narration here just goes to show I much I enjoyed this drama. Thanks.

Next up. Good Partner.

I finished (still waiting for the subs for the last episode though) watching Love Song. I loved the music in this one. Below is the official website for the drama.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/lovesong/index.html

Now starting with Happy Marriage?! I will be watching it just because it has Dean Fujioka. I am not expecting anything else from this series :)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2016 at 11:52 PM, staygold said:

I finished (still waiting for the subs for the last episode though) watching Love Song. I loved the music in this one. Below is the official website for the drama.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/lovesong/index.html

Now starting with Happy Marriage?! I will be watching it just because it has Dean Fujioka. I am not expecting anything else from this series :)

@staygold Ha ha..  all for the love Dean Fujioka. Yes! :wub::D

I drop Love Song.. after 4 episodes. Got bored. He he.  For the sheer pleasure of looking at Fukushi Shota.. I'm watching Omukae Desu.. It's light hearted fun drama. Would you know about "Montage". Is it a drama special? or reg one.?

My Sunday reserve for Jdoramas got 4 right now. I usually wait till it's all subbed. 8-9 of AH no sub yet. I've been waiting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jongski said:

@staygold Ha ha..  all for the love Dean Fujioka. Yes! :wub::D

I drop Love Song.. after 4 episodes. Got bored. He he.  For the sheer pleasure of looking at Fukushi Shota.. I'm watching Omukae Desu.. It's light hearted fun drama. Would you know about "Montage". Is it a drama special? or reg one.?

My Sunday reserve for Jdoramas got 4 right now. I usually wait till it's all subbed. 8-9 of AH no sub yet. I've been waiting.

Fukushi Sota :wub: I need to check out Omukae Desu then... I need to admit I watch Jdramas only for the lead actors :rolleyes:

I suppose Montage is a 2 part drama special. 

• Like 1

Watching Happy Marriage too....  Watched Dean from his latest dramas... wow...he's married already ....

I'm now a fan of Seino Nana  ....She is quite cool, shows lots of potential for a very young 21 year old... not the typical pretty girly japanese female star.   But her natural beauty, femininity shines throw her tomboy disposition...

I can't wait for the slow eps and ended up reading the manga....

Finished...Boku no Yabai Tsuma  (very good show),  Hayako sensei Kekkon Surutte, Watashi Kekkon Dekinainjanakute, Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Ko, Contrail, Makanai Sou

Other dramas watching in progress,  Hiru no Sento Zake(love watching all the truly local onzen or bath houses , will try to sample some if i'm ever in Tokyo again), Suizokukan Girl, 99.9

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...