• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joo Won says his last drama 'Cantabile Tomorrow' was not a fail

joo-won_1438295449_af_org.jpg

At the press conference for Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee's SBS drama 'Yong Pal', reporters couldn't help but ask about the actor's last drama. 'Cantabile Tomorrow' didn't have the best turnout of viewer ratings despite hype before the drama's airing.

About this, Joo Won remained positive as he replied, "I don't see that drama as a failure. Sometimes ratings don't come out, and sometimes they do. Actors and actresses tend to think of viewer ratings as sacred, so I think that's why [it was viewed as a failure]."

He added, "I definitely do not think of my last production as a failure because the ratings didn't come out. I think there's so much to receive from taking part in a drama. It's a drama that helped me grow."

It's good to see that Joo Won isn't tied down by viewer ratings. Sometimes a drama can be critically acclaimed but not have high ratings, or become a cult film. Although we do hope 'Yong Pal' has a better turnout for Joo Won!

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/07/joo-won-says-his-last-drama-cantabile-tomorrow-was-not-a-fail

• 1 month later...
Guest chibambi

love love love this drama!!!❤️❤️❤️  I did a marathon i was surprised myself I cannot stop watching it, i think it's the music and the OTP are so great together, I wished more skinship and kissing though...:wub:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Someone post recent pic from Naeil house. I think this was taken during the last day filming.

I'm kinda missed this casts and everything. It been a year I think since the first episode.  

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

This drama got nominated in few categories in 2015 (4th) APAN Star Awards recently. Unfortunately none of them is the winners. But still ok they are the winner in our heart. I don't think JW-PBG went to the ceremony too. Cos I don't see any pictures of them.

Best Actor (mini series) - Joo Won ("Naeil's Cantabile”) & ("Yong-Pal”)
Best New Actor - Park Bo-Gum ("Naeil's Cantabile”) & ("Hello Monster”

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Shim Eun Kyung Talks About Feelings of Failure on “Tomorrow Cantabile”

Actress Shim Eun Kyung recently sat down for an interview, talking about her new film, her quarter-life crisis and her feelings about criticisms leveled at her drama “Tomorrow Cantabile.”

In her latest film “Missing You” (Korean title: Waiting For You), Shim Eun Kyung plays a young girl who is pursuing the man who killed her father. “I wanted to portray ordinary good and ordinary evil,” she said. “I was thinking of ‘Let Me In,’ but it wasn’t easy. It was difficult portraying emotions that people don’t usually feel.”

20160303_1456968957_48410100_1_99_201603

“In the past, I was reckless and didn’t worry about anything,” she continued. “But now I keep seeing posters with my face on it and my heart feels heavy. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what good acting really is, and if acting is really the right path for me. I’ve been doing this for 13 years but lately I’ve been wondering if I should stop.”

In talking about her anxieties, Shim Eun Kyung brought up her KBS drama “Tomorrow Cantabile.” The actress, who had previously typically praised for her choice of work, was criticized after the drama, which was widely regarded as a failure.

“After the drama, I understood why my senior actors had previously told me, ‘It’s important not to lose sight of your beginnings,’” she said. “I don’t want to hide that it was difficult. But the drama helped me overall. I’d begun to think that I couldn’t make mistakes, and that I would always be praised. ‘Tomorrow Cantabile’ helped me to get rid of that naive belief. People still tell me that the drama was a dark point for me, but it’s okay. I know that I didn’t act well.”

“Tomorrow Cantabile” starred Shim Eun Kyung, Joo Won, Ko Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum, and Min Dohee in the Korean adaptation of the popular Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile.” It aired in 2014. Meanwhile, the film “Missing You” is scheduled to be released in Korean theaters on March 10.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/04/shim-eun-kyung-talks-about-feelings-of-failure-on-tomorrow-cantabile/ 

Archived