[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not fond od Youna's acting but it's the same for many young actresses, idols or not. PD and wrtiers create mostly cute and boring characters, and it's difficult for me to admire their capabilities.

My first worry is the script, remake or not, if it will be another classic rom-com or something where JW and others will show us their talent.

React a character is difficult, and if the first actor/actress was "perfect", it's almost impossible ! For me James Bond will always be Sean Connery. But I can watch other movies with other actors if stories are good enough.

There is always new interpretations of classical plays, or musicals, or songs. Sometimes we are upset but sometimes, we are pleased by them.
So I'm looking for this drama, with both worries and happiness !

TOMOKO NINOMIYA COMMENTS ON THE CASTING FOR UPCOMING KOREAN REMAKE OF “NODAME CANTABILE”

After previous reports of being considered for the female lead for upcoming drama “Nodame Cantabile,” Girls’ Generation’s Yoona is revealed to be in the final steps of accepting the offer.

However, since the report of Yoona’s casting broke out, netizens have been voicing their opinion over the miscast, doubting Yoona’s ability to follow Ueno Juri’s infamous role. The miscasting controversy reached Tomoko Ninomiya, the author of the popular comic book who released a statement saying that she is not involved in the casting of the Korean drama. 

The statement came after previous reports claimed that the producers of the upcoming Korean remake revealed that they are awaiting final confirmation from the author herself with regards to the casting.

If confirmed, Yoona will be playing the role of Noda Megumi or Nodame originally played by Ueno Juri in the Japanese drama and will be acting alongside Joowoon, Baek Yoonshik and TINY-G’s Dohee. 

“Nodame Cantabile” is the Korean remake of the popular comic book and drama in Japan, scheduled to air on KBS this October.

Source: TFhttp://blog.koreaboo.com/post/91044401968/tomoko-ninomiya-comments-on-the-casting-for-upcoming

ok.... with or without Youna's.... as long as joo won is in there to impress us again with his acting skill why not....
:)>-

this is his first rom-com korean drama.... :)) .... a must watch..... same with his (catch me movie)

Guest maea18

Follow Up: Nodame Cantabile
Article: 'Nodame' original producer, "We will not take part in Korea's drama casting"

Source:
 Joy News 24 via Naver

1. [+3,701, -89] Please take part ㅠㅠㅠ Don't let Yoona happen

2. [+2,991, -82] I'm not watching then ㅡㅡ If Yoona has any thought at all, she should refuse the role

3. [+2,475, -73] Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless, hopeless

4. [+2,370, -64] Please take part in it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+2,287, -62] Please take part, please take part

6. [+523, -12] They probably already finalized the casting and didn't realize the sentiment would be so negative towards it... and now they're trying to distract everyone by bringing the original producer into it. Tsk tsk. 

7. [+497, -11] I'll seriously be so mad if they cast Yoona

8. [+462, -9] Please take part in. I can't believe i'm asking a Japanese to take part in something but please do it.

9. [+443, -35] Nohope ㅋㅋㅋ No hope, no hope. Yoona's face is not who I imagined as the heroine of Nodame.

10. [+387, -11] Whatever, it was bound to fail anyway. Please stop these idol castings, especially from SM ㅠㅠ

2014070801000850400051611.jpg

Article: Yoona miscasting controversy for 'Nodame'... can she overtake Ueno Juri? Netizens, "Shim Eun Kyung is the perfect fit..."

Source: 
Sports Chosun via Nate

1. [+148, -10] Yoona said she watched the drama then she should know to reject the role. Her image doesn't work and I highly doubt she'll be able to pull off someone who's 4-dimensional, hot tempered, and breaks out into country dialects like that. Dameyo~

2. [+119, -12] Keep casting her if you don't care about the drama failing

3. [+99, -20] Lee Hana's such a great fit. 

4. [+27, -9] Can't they reconsider... Can't Yoona drop out on her own...

5. [+21, -9] If you're curious as to why people are calling Yoona a miscast, go watch the first episode of the drama. You'll know right away why she can't be cast for this. Lee Hana and Shim Eun Kyung still can't live up to Ueno Juri's performance. She turned a psychotic and perverted character into someone still cute and lovely...

Guest adikkeluangman

She say, he say, everyone said. Let's all be positive everyone. Yoona at this moment still considering. Not confirm yet.
Anyway, I know Korea got their own orchestra so which group will be featured in this drama. It can be their national orchestra, school/universities right. 
Apart of the cast, what made I love this original drama is the classical music itself. Without music, there will be no drama.

Am a big fan of nodame j-version and learning the news of Yoona being cast for the role of nodame, no offence to her fans but i highly doubt she can pull off this role... Hopefully its not cast and stone about her taking up the role.. *finger cross*

From Shim Eun Kyung to Yoona....I can't even wrap my head around this. Sounds like a major flop in the making. I think that I am just going to pretend that this version does not exit, japanese Nodame Cantabile holds a special place in my heart and I don't want to see it getting butchered.

I don't normally watch Japanese drama but finally I've just finished marathon NC 11episodes today. Truly 100% worth my time and what a fantastic casts, musics and love the main leading actor and actress.

The only actress that I can see fitting into Nodame's role will be Shim Eun Kyung.

Japanese NC- 10/10 perfect score for me. Korean NC - ???

I am looking forward to Korean Nodame drama. It is one of my favourite manga books. I don't doubt they will find the best actress for Nodame. IMO, only appearance wise(just the looks) Go Ara resembles Nodame but I don't know if she can give the best performance for her. I also like Yoon Eun hye.

Guest stilldaydreaming

Actually at first i really highly anticipated Shim Eun Kyung to be joining this line up but well bye, hahaha. Still sad why she didn't take the role :(. FYI i'm not SEK's fan, i barely know her. But i'm Ueno Juri's fangirl, so Nodame's role obviously my biggest concern. Can't wait for July 15th.

P.S.: the avatar which i use currently is the Shim Eun Kyung that resembles Nodame A LOT! *criessss*

I'm here because I'm a big fan of Joo Woon since I saw his job in Gaksital. 
I don't think Yoona is the best choice for this role. I saw a few episodes of Nodame Cantabile, the story is very funny and good but the characteristics of the female lead isn't suited to the sweet image of Yoona. 
Anyway, I'll support all the actors and actresses who are involved in the drama. 
My choice for the female lead is Go Ara. I still have hopes that KBS consider Go Ara for this project.
My best wishes for this drama.
NC fighting! :)>-

Well, I think Yoona has confirmed the role. Even Asianwiki already added her in the list of the cast. I don't wanna judge Yoona yet, since I love her a lot and she did a very good job on 'Prime Minister & I'. And I haven't watched the original version. But I already read a about the character 'Nodame'~ So I was sad that Shim Eun Kyung declined the role coz she can portray it well. After her refusal, I hoped for Park Bo Young... I checked the comments of netizens and they are so against Yoona for the role. I think I really need to start watching the original. LOL~ ;))

Yoona To Play Quirky Talented Nodame In "Nodame Cantible"
yoona.png?w=600

Girls′ Generation's Yoona will play Joo Won's fellow musician and romantic partner in the upcoming k-drama version of "Nodame Cantible."
The drama "Nodame Cantible" is based on the shojo manga of the same name, written by Tomoko Ninomiya. The popular manga, which sold 26 million copies, is about the relationship between two very different classical musicians. Despite their differences they help each other to grow and succeed.
The manga has charmed audiences in many forms. It already inspired a Japanese drama, a sequel, an anime series and two films. Award-winning Japanese actress Ueno Juri played the role in the 2006 Japanese drama version and won another award for her performance. The manga was so successful that it inspired the creation of a few games. Also, everal albums of classical music have been released in conjunction with various adaptations.
Yoona, fresh from her acting success in the drama "The Prime Minister and I," will play the pianist Noda Megume or Nodame. Real-life classical musician Megume Noda inspired the creation of the quirky but talented character. Yoona's character Nodame prefers to play by ear rather than read a musical score. She is messy and spontaneous. Joo Won will play Chiaki, a brilliant musician and an arrogant perfectionist who wants to be a composer. But he's not perfect either, as his fear of flying limits his ability to travel.
When they meet, she falls for him right away, but it takes longer for him to realize her true worth and appreciate what is special about her. They help each other to overcome fears and limitations. After school the characters move to Paris to study music.
IU was also courted to play the part in the Group 8 production but declined. Last year she appeared in "Pretty Man," another drama by the same production company.
Bae Yoon Sik has signed on to play Nodame's teacher and Tiny-G's Dohee will play a music student named Sakura.
Yoona has been a member of Girls Generation since 2007. She also made her acting debut in 2007 in the drama "Two Outs In The Ninth Inning." She had her first leading role in the daily drama "You Are My Destiny" and her first k-drama leading role in "Love Rain" with Jang Geun Suk." Last year she appeared with Lee Bum Soo in "The Prime Minister and I." Although the drama was not a ratings success, the acting was praised.
"Nodame Cantible" will air on KBS in October.
kdramastars

Well, people do have a right to their opinion as to why they've said no to Yoona. They love Nodame too much, and the character shouldn't be messed around with. I'm just stunned how it went from Shim eun kyung to Yoona.

Pretty sure I'll get brickbats aplenty for this, but what the heck.

This remake has fail written all over it. The casting of the leads is a clear red flag. Having Yoona as Nodame is plain wrong. This is not an attack on her personality or anything (because I don't know Yoona), but that the Nodame role is far too complex for a relative newbie actress like her. Anyone who has watched the original Japanese live-action will know that Yoona has ridiculously huge shoes to fill - Ueno Juri did not win acting awards for nothing for this role. Nodame is iconic and it'll take some brilliant acting for anyone to even think of topping that. Yoona isn't anywhere near Ueno's level then or now. Her "success" in Prime Minister & I doesn't count, because Nodame Cantabile is a different kind of rom-com, if it can even be called rom-com. It definitely isn't the kind of rom-com k-drama fans are used to, given it has a lot of Japanese quirks that can be untranslatable.

The actress who takes on the Nodame role needs to have some fantastic acting chops, not to mention the ability and willingness to "go all the way". Think of all the times Nodame has appeared sloppy, messy, stinky etc. That's on top of her psychotic ways that are oddly endearing - this is the magic of Ueno Juri, who was able to transform such a character into one that's universally loved. I can say definitively that Yoona does not have the acting range to even think of doing half the things Ueno Juri did for the character. That's the gulf in their acting ability. Notice I said nothing about musical ability, because piano playing can be faked with some smart camera angles, but acting ability... well, that's a whole different can of worms.

Yoona would probably have been better off as Saiko, Chiaki's ex-girlfriend, the classy, elegant sort that seems more in tune with her image. Or even one of the S Orchestra girls.

Joo Won is another miscast. He doesn't look or feel like a Chiaki. He doesn't exude the sort of aura that Tamaki Hiroshi had in the truckloads. When Chiaki first transferred to Tanioka sensei's class, the teacher talked about Chiaki's aura (the kind that makes the Momogaoka girls put Chiaki on a pedestal). Joo Won is a likeable enough actor, but his is a happy puppy kind of vibe, the warm and approachable type that's a far cry from Chiaki. I know people are going to bring up Joo Won's role in Gaksital, but that is a different kind of character and is not Chiaki. This isn't just about looking good in a tux or being able to be cold and broody or a bad boy, because Chiaki's character is more complex than that. He is aloof, arrogant and can be insensitive and harsh, neurotic, a perfectionist through and through, but also has his vulnerable side. More importantly, he also has that subtle comic timing that a lesser actor will fail to bring out. Think of any number of Tamaki's expressions whenever Chiaki is faced with yet another of Nodame's exasperating idiosyncrasies or Stresemann's antics - the looks on Tamaki's face were just priceless and contributed to much of the comedy. This isn't something I can see Joo Won portraying with any level of success.

Because the characters are so complementary despite being so different, the two actors for Chiaki and Nodame need to act off each other. If the Nodame actress is weak, the Chiaki actor has nothing to work off from her, and vice versa. This is why the casting needs to be spot on, and from the looks of it, neither fits.

Given that the Chiaki character will be changed to Cha Yoo-jin, does that mean the "Nodame" name will be changed so as to Korean-ise it? Then will it still be "Nodame Cantabile"? Sorry, but "Cha sunbae" doesn't have the same zing as "Chiaki senpai", especially not how Nodame says it. Besides, if they're already changing the names, what else will they change from the original? Make Masumi straight and pretend he doesn't love Chiaki? Create a love triangle or square when there was close to none in the J-drama? Insert an evil mother, jealous ex-girlfriend or horrible teacher? Harisen was harsh initially, but even he recognised Nodame's talent and seriously wanted to coach her to bring out her true potential.

I feel the producers haven't thought carefully about this remake at all. Nodame Cantabile is incredibly popular and successful, and has something akin to a cult status. It is so successful that it spawned a live-action drama, anime series, two specials and two films. Not to mention, till this day the Ueno-Tamaki pairing is acknowledged to be virtually impossible to beat when talking about this franchise. Their chemistry was off the charts. It just isn't right to be slipshod about casting two of the most iconic characters in drama/manga land, that's just an insult to the original and to fans who love it, and those who were hoping for a good remake.

Guest bomerang

Aziraphale said: Pretty sure I'll get brickbats aplenty for this, but what the heck.

This remake has fail written all over it. The casting of the leads is a clear red flag. Having Yoona as Nodame is plain wrong. This is not an attack on her personality or anything (because I don't know Yoona), but that the Nodame role is far too complex for a relative newbie actress like her. Anyone who has watched the original Japanese live-action will know that Yoona has ridiculously huge shoes to fill - Ueno Juri did not win acting awards for nothing for this role. Nodame is iconic and it'll take some brilliant acting for anyone to even think of topping that. Yoona isn't anywhere near Ueno's level then or now. Her "success" in Prime Minister & I doesn't count, because Nodame Cantabile is a different kind of rom-com, if it can even be called rom-com. It definitely isn't the kind of rom-com k-drama fans are used to, given it has a lot of Japanese quirks that can be untranslatable.

The actress who takes on the Nodame role needs to have some fantastic acting chops, not to mention the ability and willingness to "go all the way". Think of all the times Nodame has appeared sloppy, messy, stinky etc. That's on top of her psychotic ways that are oddly endearing - this is the magic of Ueno Juri, who was able to transform such a character into one that's universally loved. I can say definitively that Yoona does not have the acting range to even think of doing half the things Ueno Juri did for the character. That's the gulf in their acting ability. Notice I said nothing about musical ability, because piano playing can be faked with some smart camera angles, but acting ability... well, that's a whole different can of worms.

Yoona would probably have been better off as Saiko, Chiaki's ex-girlfriend, the classy, elegant sort that seems more in tune with her image. Or even one of the S Orchestra girls.

Joo Won is another miscast. He doesn't look or feel like a Chiaki. He doesn't exude the sort of aura that Tamaki Hiroshi had in the truckloads. When Chiaki first transferred to Tanioka sensei's class, the teacher talked about Chiaki's aura (the kind that makes the Momogaoka girls put Chiaki on a pedestal). Joo Won is a likeable enough actor, but his is a happy puppy kind of vibe, the warm and approachable type that's a far cry from Chiaki. I know people are going to bring up Joo Won's role in Gaksital, but that is a different kind of character and is not Chiaki. This isn't just about looking good in a tux or being able to be cold and broody or a bad boy, because Chiaki's character is more complex than that. He is aloof, arrogant and can be insensitive and harsh, neurotic, a perfectionist through and through, but also has his vulnerable side. More importantly, he also has that subtle comic timing that a lesser actor will fail to bring out. Think of any number of Tamaki's expressions whenever Chiaki is faced with yet another of Nodame's exasperating idiosyncrasies or Stresemann's antics - the looks on Tamaki's face were just priceless and contributed to much of the comedy. This isn't something I can see Joo Won portraying with any level of success.

Because the characters are so complementary despite being so different, the two actors for Chiaki and Nodame need to act off each other. If the Nodame actress is weak, the Chiaki actor has nothing to work off from her, and vice versa. This is why the casting needs to be spot on, and from the looks of it, neither fits.

Given that the Chiaki character will be changed to Cha Yoo-jin, does that mean the "Nodame" name will be changed so as to Korean-ise it? Then will it still be "Nodame Cantabile"? Sorry, but "Cha sunbae" doesn't have the same zing as "Chiaki senpai", especially not how Nodame says it. Besides, if they're already changing the names, what else will they change from the original? Make Masumi straight and pretend he doesn't love Chiaki? Create a love triangle or square when there was close to none in the J-drama? Insert an evil mother, jealous ex-girlfriend or horrible teacher? Harisen was harsh initially, but even he recognised Nodame's talent and seriously wanted to coach her to bring out her true potential.

I feel the producers haven't thought carefully about this remake at all. Nodame Cantabile is incredibly popular and successful, and has something akin to a cult status. It is so successful that it spawned a live-action drama, anime series, two specials and two films. Not to mention, till this day the Ueno-Tamaki pairing is acknowledged to be virtually impossible to beat when talking about this franchise. Their chemistry was off the charts. It just isn't right to be slipshod about casting two of the most iconic characters in drama/manga land, that's just an insult to the original and to fans who love it, and those who were hoping for a good remake.

Archived