[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

I admit to being highly sceptical about this one mainly because I've never really liked any Korean adaptations of any Japanese manga/live action stories.There are also a number of cultural issues embedded in these stories that get "lost in translation". And the acting... well, I won't even go there.Nodame is/was a huge cultural phenomenon world wide, it's a brave soul that's taking it on.

I seriously doubt that anyone will be able to match Ueno Juri's performance as she was perfect as Nodame so she will be a very, very tough act to follow. Joo Won is a good actor but I'm not familiar with the lead actress.

As a long-time fan of the Nodame series... of the manga, anime and live action... I don't hold any high expectations of this. If it gets Koreans excited about classical music, that's great. Especially the Rach 2, which is the sexiest thing on piano in three movements.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mdolphins

40somethingahjumma said: I admit to being highly sceptical about this one mainly because I've never really liked any Korean adaptations of any Japanese manga/live action stories.There are also a number of cultural issues embedded in these stories that get "lost in translation". And the acting... well, I won't even go there.Nodame is/was a huge cultural phenomenon world wide, it's a brave soul that's taking it on.

I seriously doubt that anyone will be able to match Ueno Juri's performance as she was perfect as Nodame so she will be a very, very tough act to follow. Joo Won is a good actor but I'm not familiar with the lead actress.

As a long-time fan of the Nodame series... of the manga, anime and live action... I don't hold any high expectations of this. If it gets Koreans excited about classical music, that's great. Especially the Rach 2, which is the sexiest thing on piano in three movements.

Tiny-G's Dohee cast in Korean remake of Nodame Cantabile

tiny-g-dohee-800x450.jpg

ddangha July 1, 2014 2

Dohee of girl group TINY-G has been cast in the upcoming Korean remake of the popular Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile“. 

According to Dohee’s agency GNG Production, Dohee’s casting in the upcoming drama is decided, as they only have to sign the contract. 

She will be playing the role of Sakura Saku, a supporting character in the original drama who plays the double bass. 

Formerly, Joo Won has been confirmed for the leading role of the remake, while Baek Yoon Shik has been cast as the world-famous conductor Stresemann. The female lead has yet to be confirmed. 

The remake of “Nodame Cantabile” is scheduled for an October premier on KBS. Meanwhile, Dohee is currently preparing for a comeback with her three-member girl group, TINY-G, with a single titled “Ice Baby.

credit: soompi

Guest adikkeluangman

When the news released on Tuesday, Dohee and Nodame Cantabile were trending at #1 and #2. Dohee is such a tiny girl at 150cm. Can't wait to see how she will be in this drama.
Currently, Dohee just releasing new album with her group Tiny-G and next month her summer horror movie Tunnel 3D will be release.
10494869_663405893746006_895323774258980

Guest ChandraP

In my opinion, those who whould play as Nodame should portrait comical expression..
I only can think IU...
her figure, her musical sense, her comical action (you have to watch Pretty Man) I already can imagine she screams Gyabo just like Nodame..

Woah! I didn't expect Yoona!~ :x

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"YoonA Looks Set to Star in Title Role of Korean “Nodame Cantabile”
YoonA.png

Girls’ Generation star YoonA appears set to star in KBS2’s forthcoming drama, “Nodame Cantabile,” where she is likely to play the title role. According to media reports, the television network is currently working with SM Entertainment, the girl group member’s talent agency, to put the finishing touches on a contract which will allow YoonA to take part in the filming.  

The drama is based on a popular series of manga (Japanese graphic novels), which was adapted for the television in a Japan and subsequently enjoyed considerable popularity when it was aired on MBC in 2009.

Actor Joo Won has already been confirmed to star in the forthcoming Korean version, but K-pop fans will be cheered by the announcement that YoonA will be making her drama comeback in this new venture. The Girls’ Generation star’s most recent role was in KBS2’s series “Prime Minister and I,” which ended in February this year.

According to a source involved in the contractual negotiations quoted by media outlet edaily, the Girls’ Generation star has expressed a desire to take up the role.

The source said, “YoonA wants the role very much and, through the course of several meetings, we have developed a great sense of mutual trust. We are proud – there could be no better casting decision than this.”

Soompi

Guest hipstere

A bit expected between her or IU. I like Yoona and she has improved but man, Nodame is such a quirky, nuance character where I am a bit doubtful that Yoona could pull off. Admittedly this remake doesn't thrill me all that much because of the love for the original but I do like the stars and will remain hopeful. On a positive note, I think she'll look lovely with Joo Won. 

Looks like it has been confirmed... Will I see you around @LavelyShai, just like PM&I days? :)

Yoona confirmed as the female lead for 'Nodame Cantabile'
Girls-Generation-YoonA_1404697133_af_org

YoonA has been confirmed for the female lead of the Korean version of 'Nodame Cantabile'!
She's cast as the female lead Nodame, and she's looking over details. Joo Won will be playing her boyfriend and conductor, Baek Yoon Sik will be playing her teacher, and Tiny-G's Dohee will be playing Sakura.
'Nodame Cantabile' is originally a Japanese manga themed around classical music. The manga was created by Ninomiya Tomoko, and the drama version of the manga aired in 2006 on Fuji TV.
The Korean version of the drama will air on KBS 2TV in October. 
allkpop

Girls’ Generation’s Yoona in talks to play the lead for KBS drama “Nodame Cantabile”

tumblr_inline_n8bhd05dce1qaqdgw.jpg

Upcoming KBS drama “Nodame Cantabile” has revealed their pick for a possible female lead. 

According to multiple officials, Girls’ Generation’s Yoona is in the final casting details and is considering the role. Aside from Yoona, the production team was previously revealed to have offered the female lead role to other picks such Shim Eunkyung and IU. 

If confirmed, Yoona will be joining confirmed cast members such as Joowon, Baek Yoonshik and TINY-G’s Dohee. 

“Nodame Cantabile” is the Korean remake of the popular Japanese comic book and drama. It is scheduled to air on KBS this October. 

Meanwhile, SM Entertainment has not made any statements about the casting offer at the time of this writing. 

Are you in favor for Yoona to play the part?

Source: TVReport

credit:   koreaboo.com

Guest adikkeluangman

I don't expect Yoona but knowing how KBS love her so why not. But she can pull it well. Watching her on drama Prime Minister and I. And totally love her in that...
And of course, k-netizens already said their 'good + wisdom' words about Yoona being the idol etc etc. 
With Yoona on board, it's will be the most enjoyable drama watching experience because thanks to her fans. We gonna get fast updates and translations. :D
So we got Chiaki, Nodame, Sakura and Franz. Two idols, two actors. Let's wait for next casting.
And people let's put the negative vibe away. 

class="post-title entry-title"Joo Won says he is practicing piano and violin for his role in 'Nodame Cantabile' Korean version joowon.jpg

Joo Won said he is currently taking conducting, piano and violin classes for his role in "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version.

He was featured in an interview in KBS' 'Entertainment Weekly' on July 5th. He shared that he has been busy as he has stared in a musical as well as proceeded with his movie shooting schedule in China ever since he finished "Good Doctor".

The show then mentioned about him taking the lead role in upcoming KBS' drama "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version, in which Joo Won said he is practicing piano and violin, as well as taking conducting class in order to perform it as realistic as possible on-screen.

In addition, Joo Won will play the role of the genius musician named Cha Yoo Jin (Chiaki as in the Japanese ver.) for "Nodame Cantabile" Korean version. The drama is produced by Group 8 and is set to broadcast this October.

credit:  dkpopnews

Guest adikkeluangman

SNSD′s Yoona Considering Lead Role of Korean ′Nodame Cantabile′
Girls′ Generation (SNSD) member Yoona is considering the lead role of the Korean Nodame Cantabile.
37511114.jpg

A source familiar with Nodame Cantabile productions said on July 7 that "it is true an offer was sent to Yoona."
The source added, "They held many meetings and talked about the affair. Yoona and the production company are both considering it."
KBS′ remake of Nodame Cantabile is based on a popular Japanese manga. The Japanese drama version aired in 2006.
Joo Won is currently confirmed as the male lead, as well as actor Baek Yoon Sik and Tiny G member Do Hee.
The drama will air in October.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/70121/yoona-considering-an-appearance-as-lead-of-nodame-cantabile

Wow I'm so happy to know that Yoona has been confirmed as the female lead in Nodame Cantabile. One of my wishes came true this year that is to see Yoona and Joowon as leads in a drama.

Will be waiting anxiously and excitedly for this drama to start......

Guest maea18

but then the original Japanese producer of "Nodame Cantabile" wants a 100% identical casting to Ueno Juri and k-netizens are going crazy again.. -_-

Source: Nate

KBS Han Sung Woo PD, "Yoona is the likely cast for the female lead but we still need permission from the original producers. Because of that, we cannot confirm Yoona quite yet. The original producers want a 100% identical casting to Ueno Juri. We can't do anything if they say NO." 

1. [+1,026, -8] Just don't do the drama at all, best choice there is ㅡㅡ

2. [+729, -14] Yoona has an innocent image, the role calls for someone who can pull off a psychotic role

3. [+595, -13] Truly a cup filled with poison

4. [+90, -5] How many dramas are they going to give Yoona only to have her fail... She seriously can't act ㅡㅡ

5. [+74, -6] Seems like this happened because Shim Eun Kyung-ssi gave up the role. Yoona as well shouldn't do it.

Source: Naver

1. [+13,033, -154] Sorry but it's already hopeless for Korea

2. [+13,147, -450] I don't hate Yoona, it's just that her image doesn't fit. Shim Eun Kyung would've fit better. 

3. [+11,142, -138] Korea will make a piece of failure that makes the original producer cry in regret

4. [+9,651, -109] Hopeless.. it doesn't match so please just keep it in discussion ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

5. [+2,422, -28] The fact that they are trying to cast Yoona for a role that calls for someone dirty, lazy, and perverted just shows that they're trying to export the drama overseas. If they cast Yoona, I 100% guarantee you this drama will fail. 

6. [+2,122, -28] The original producer made a specific request clearly showing his/her devotion to the work and they go and cast Yoona? Are they just asking to pick a fight with them?

7. [+1,901, -26] I hope the original producer says no ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Yuna did great in prime minister and i ..guess what i never expect that she can have great chemistry with veteran actor lee beom so in that drama...if she star in this drama i hope she do it well just like before because i love nodame cantabile of japanese version..

For this drama's casting... well, I think I just have to wait and see. When I first learned that Joo Won will do Chiaki-role, I am over the moon. I love Nodame Cantabile the anime/manga and liked the J-drama version and knowing Joo Won will do this drama, is something that I look forward too. :D  I may have some thoughts about the castings.. but hey, its Joo Won that I am after... kekekeke.

Joo Won as Chiaki...  cole qq speed girl 010.gif

fr Joo Won DC posted by stearly in JW soompi

Omo.. Cutie in suit.... :x =P~ :x

this is one of my favorite manga that i bought the books for it . . . can't wait to see a Korean version of this Jdorama . . . i just hope that they can pull this off . . . wow, the japanese counterpart wants a say in the casting huh? . . . i like Yoona and if she can do the character of neurotic nodame, i'll be very much impressed 

Archived