[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

@unhskikr4ever I found the drama, movies, and specials on Yesasia, but they're soo expensive! The drama is over 200 dollars! i was like OMG noo way am i buying it for $200, I love NC to death but $260 is way too much. The specials and movies were kinda affordable at $60 per movie and im kinda tempted to buy them bc it's the special edition version and i think it's the unedited version. You said the DVD version of the drama, movies and specials are unedited right? Meaning they arent the Tv version.
I knoow! I barely watched NC in June and I threw away the CD like in April, I regret it so much. It's ok, maybe one day i willl be able to buy the $200 set haha! 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiovial

Somehow I picture Mine's dad not as thin as Kim Gap Soo or Ahn Ne Sang...but between those two I'd take Ahn Ne Sang. Kim Gap Soo always has that slightly psychotic look to him :)) he's a great actor but just doesn't give off the cute funny dad vibe :)) .

I prefer Mine's dad played by Kang Nam Gil, Park Joon Gyu or Kang Seok Woo.

Guest fiovial

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=drama_new&no=1248138&page=1&serVal=%EC%B9%B8%ED%83%80%EB%B9%8C%EB%A0%88&s_type=all&ser_pos=

Mine's Korean name is 일락 IL LAK

mrdimples said: Hi @unhskikr4ever, thank you for sharing your insights. No, you did not go off topic. I guess those who were anticipating this drama were tired of fans who kept saying this remake should never happen and so we felt that if these fans kept harping on the topic, they will enjoy discussing the J drama on another thread. However, if fans can hold their judgement and share their insights on the original, I think we will definitely be interested and appreciative even.

I was mindful that I was watching Nodame Cantabile as someone who does not read manga, watch anime or particularly love classical music. I hardly watched Japanese dramas but I like their movies more. However I do have friends and fellow fans of Joo Won who love manga/anime and I can really tell that Nodame Cantabile is much loved. Reading your insights on the valuable lessons NC had besides being entertaining made me realized I rush through the drama too quickly. Yes, I did note the differences and similarities between Chiaki and Nodame and their growth but more flew past my head. I hope I will be able to catch them this time through the Korean remake.

You said that those who would like to know more about NC would be better off reading the manga. May I know what are the major differences or maybe I should not ask? If they are spoilers that is....

btw. is that Junsu in your pic? Don't kill me if I got it wrong. It looks like him in Mirotic era but I don't remember seeing this pic before. So I might be mistaken :D

Guest adikkeluangman

I need to google and wiki the discography these ahjussi actor face to know who is them. Maybe I've watched them before but not familiar with their name except the one that I mention.
Ahn Nae Sang - he is awesome too but now he doing Yoona Street drama.Kang Nam Gil - He doing Trot Lovers at this moment and before that Gapdong. If he been offer not sure if he accept since looks like he not getting any rest. But he is kinda meek. Mine dad supposed to be strong, active and look healthy.Park Joon Gyu - in drama Marriage Not Dating atm, the drama will ended end of this month. He also played a dad that own a small restaurant as Mine dad. He is a good candidate tooKang Suk Woo - he doing Glorious Day and not sure when end.
So Mine name in for Korean remake is Il Lak. If want to be more glamorise it can be Ilac just like a Korean singer Ilac. Now we need Masumi and Kuroki. I heart Kuroki so much. I want Park Joo Hyung as Kuroki
How bout the teachers then. I so can see Teacher Eto for Sung Dong Il but he in another drama now.

I have a question, maybe off topic....
What is the difference between a drama and a live action ?

When I see everybody naming actors for all the characters, I realise that I don't know many K-entertainers. This "drama area" is pretty new for me yet !

Guest fiovial

Most of the time the parents' roles in dramas aren't really big so technically those actors can do 2 dramas at a time. Kim Hae Sook did it with Hotel King and Marriage Not Dating...and her role in Hotel King was quite big.

Ahhhh good point on Kang Nam Gil..he always plays the weak dad role...OK I shall root for Park Joon Gyu instead then hehehhehe.

Park Joo Hyung is a tad too old though.....maybe should find another actor around Joo Won's age. How about Choi Woo Shik? Fated to Love You should be done already by then.CN Blue's Lee Jong Hyun?

Sung Dong Il would have been perfect for Eto sensei!

@ophris‌ as far as I know live action is the term used for Japanese drama adapted from a manga/comic but I could be wrong.

fiovial said: Most of the time the parents' roles in dramas aren't really big so technically those actors can do 2 dramas at a time. Kim Hae So did it with Hotel King and Marriage Not Dating...and her role in Hotel King was quite big. Ahhhh good point on Kang Nam Gil..he always plays the weak dad role...OK I shall root for Park Joon Gyu instead then hehehhehe. Park Joo Hyung is a tad too old though.....maybe should find another actor around Joo Won's age. How about Choi Woo Shik? Fated to Love You should be done already by then.CN Blue's Lee Jong Hyun? Sung Dong Il would have been perfect for Eto sensei! @ophris‌ as far as I know live action is the term used for Japanese drama adapted from a manga/comic but I could be wrong.

Guest ShaliniA

Hey I happen to have the 1920*1080p versions of all the NC episodes as well the 720p versions for the specials and both HD unedited versions of the movie. I could try and upload them for you if you want! I'm a relatively new fan (began after hearing about news of the remake) and there's no way in hell I'm seeing the remake, but I'd sure love for you to see how glorious the original was! keylimeshi said: unhskikr4ever said: @ophris Exactly! There's just some kind pleasure when you listen to people play musical instruments while you can't. It just makes the world a so much more beautiful place. 

@keylimeshi I'm sad to say that they cut that scene out from the TV version. It's the only version of the movie that's available on streaming sites. I watched that version and I didn't get to see that part of the movie. I suggest you look for the DVD version if you want to see it. They're most likely the ones available for download on torrent sites. The stupid editing of the TV version took some scenes out. SIGH. I didn't even get to see the ending that this person mentioned; http://yanie02.livejournal.com/109820.html OH, THE FRUSTRATION! I wanted to see the development in Chiaki and Nodame's relationship but the TV version did no justice. Like, DAYUM.

Anyway, for those who want to know more about NC, it's better to watch the anime or read the manga [although I suggest the latter]. It'd help you understand more about NC. Since they said that Cantabile Romance will be following closely to the manga, I'm sort of thrilled. I know I can count of the orchestral and musical elements in Kdramas and the acting skills JW and EK both have. All I'm hoping for is that JW and EK will have a good chemistry and play their part as Chiaki and Nodame, showing the importance and beauty of their relationship. It all comes down to the script and the directing. I hope they're good. *fingers-crossed*

Guest mdolphins

I haven't visited this thread in a while, but I have to say I am really happy with the casting decisions. I loved the Japanese version to pieces, but I am open for a wonderful k-drama remake too. Hope it turns out great.  :)>-

I cant wait for this awesome drama with UBER-AWESOME cast! JooWon!!! Feels like a lifetime I last saw him onscreen. Miss him soo much! I think he will make this his most memorable and populair character ever. And although I havent seen previous work of Shim Eun Kyung, she seems a lovable and fitting lady for this role. Thank Goodness no Yoona or IU (no offence, but I just cant believe Krystal has to act opposite Rain in his new drama oO).

marie67 said: I cant wait for this awesome drama with UBER-AWESOME cast! JooWon!!! Feels like a lifetime I last saw him onscreen. Miss him soo much! I think he will make this his most memorable and populair character ever. And although I havent seen previous work of Shim Eun Kyung, she seems a lovable and fitting lady for this role. Thank Goodness no Yoona or IU (no offence, but I just cant believe Krystal has to act opposite Rain in his new drama oO).

i'm still waiting for the news about the cast while i'm waiting this drama aired, i'm trying to watch Good Doctor and Joo Won's movie again ( i never feel bored to watch Park Si On in Good Doctor )
Joo Won oppa, sarangheyo :*

Archived