[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fiovial said: I think announcement on the Nodame role is supposed to come this week. Most knetizens over at dcinside seem to think that Shim Eun Kyung is a done deal. I just want the official news to come soon so the drama can move on to actual script reading, filming and more. So please refresh my memory...how many actors have been confirmed so far ? 3? Joo Won, Do Hee and Bae Yoon Shik? I am curious who will be cast as Mine. Personally I can totally see Joo Won as Chiaki...sorry can't remember the Korean name. I think he can pull off the arrogant genius role.

Felicia Soh said: fiovial said: I think announcement on the Nodame role is supposed to come this week. Most knetizens over at dcinside seem to think that Shim Eun Kyung is a done deal. I just want the official news to come soon so the drama can move on to actual script reading, filming and more. So please refresh my memory...how many actors have been confirmed so far ? 3? Joo Won, Do Hee and Bae Yoon Shik? I am curious who will be cast as Mine. Personally I can totally see Joo Won as Chiaki...sorry can't remember the Korean name. I think he can pull off the arrogant genius role.

@mrdimples - thanks for the update on Joo Won.  Joo Won oozes charm so effortlessly - in all the characters that I've seen him played, he can bring out each of the character's beautiful soul brilliantly.  In my opinion, he is a master of capturing human emotion and conveying it so simply. What I love the most about his acting is that its convincing, persuasive, captivating, honest and effective.

I remember reading somewhere that the scriptwriter of "Bread, Love and Dreams" insisted that JW is to play the role of Ma-jun - she can't imagine anyone can play that character better than Joo Won. At that time, JW is still a rookie actor.

One of the weirdest-stalker character has to be Masumi....love the bitter-fight scenes of him with Nodame - they were both insanely in-love with Chiaki.  Masumi was in charged of the comedic-gayish effect and he was well-loved....never a threat for portraying that character.    

So far, I think there's still no concrete confirmation of Shim Eun-kyung's taking up the role of "Nodame
" - here's an ARTICLE comparing SEK with Ueno Juri.....

심은경과 우에노 주리(왼쪽부터)

Source tenasia

Guest fiovial

@"Felicia Soh"‌ great idea on Henry Lau! I enjoy watching him on Real Man..he is a cutie 4D person that would match Mine's character...plus he is as we know an amazing musician. Well he is doing album promotion now, right? Nowadays singers don't do long album promotion maybe 1 month the most. So realistically speaking he should wrap up by August. It would be nice to have at least one of the actors to be a really gifted musician.

@mrdimples‌ Yeah I wonder how the Korean version will treat Masumi character. Will he be as flamboyant as the Japanese version? The Afro will probably have to go since it won't be PC afraid it'll offend people.

Looking forward to this drama! 
I haven't watched the drama in Japanese version, but I saw the anime (it's been awhile), I think the characters are quite difficult to play 
Well .. I have no doubt that Joo Won will do well, I rely entirely him. As Joo Won's fan, I am pleased he has agreed to play Chiaki, because is a challenge for him, and it makes me proud and very curious to know how he will do it. 
Just waiting for the female leader ... 
Memories of Beethoven Virus, miss dramas with orchestras  ;))

No news of Nodame casting.........in meantime let me imagine more of Joo Won as Chaki......appearance wise...

joowoncosmopolitannov123_zps19ecb033.jpg
joo-won_zps222ee961.jpg
credit as tagged.

I was laughing when I read one comment recently that Joo Won does not fit Chiaki's image because he looks like one giant smiling baby. I do actually know what this commentator is talking about because in real life, Joo Won is always smiling and just adorable. But she probably has never seen him act. No, we don't even need to do that. In fact, going by these magazines shots like the one on top, when Joo Won is not smiling, he looks damn HOT :D

mrdimples said: No news of Nodame casting.........in meantime let me imagine more of Joo Won as Chaki......appearance wise...

credit as tagged.

I was laughing when I read one comment recently that Joo Won does not fit Chiaki's image because he looks like one giant smiling baby. I do actually know what this commentator is talking about because in real life, Joo Won is always smiling and just adorable. But she probably has never seen him act. No, we don't even need to do that. In fact, going by these magazines shots like the one on top, when Joo Won is not smiling, he looks damn HOT :D

@fiovial, I agree with you that singers normally wrap up their promotional/comeback stage in a month or so...but the thing is, he may be unavailable due to his variety show commitment.  Park Hyun-sik left the show citing reasons of schedule conflict or perhaps, overburdened with his upcoming drama filming?!? Anyway, I can't wait for the confirmation of casting on all the supporting musicians.

It'll be interesting to see the revival of dressing style - I remember Masumi always wore colorful outfit from head to toe and sometimes complete his freak-out style with a cutie pin on his hair. 

I am not sure whether this news is of any advantage to fans hoping Shim Eun-kyung will take up this offer (for that matters, her signing of this contract could also depend on her agency, BH Entertainment)....she chose Kang Dong-wan as her favorite actor whom she wishes to work with him the most (Source of news, HERE).  Joo Won has always been compared to KDW because they seriously look alike.

I'm still praying about Shim eun kyung will take a role as nodame because i have watched her movie, granny , and it's so great.

Joowon looks like Chiaki senpai with that hair style :x

And yes, Joo Won always reminds me with Kang Dong Won oppa and Joowon ever mentioned that many people especially girls always saying him is kang dong won :D

Nodame news: http://m.blog.naver.com/7770400/220072145297

Using Google translate, I think there's 2 important information there:

1) "Shim Eun Kyung has completed casting contract last week"

2) "Is broadcast on October 13"

Also, the article mentions 'Songdo Global University'. I think this is where they're going to be filming

The uni website: http://www.sgu.or.kr/sgu/new_eng/main.htm

Credit: rionae@ jw soompi

I'm waiting for English article :)

Guest fiovial

woohoo! Finally!!! thanks for the news @0708july . yup you are totally correct. The blog basically said that this drama will be produced by Group Eight who produced Boys Over Flower. It also said that last week they finalized the contract with Shim Eun Kyung which means the leads have been confirmed. Filming will be at Songdo Global University. Broadcast on October 13. That blog seems legit since it's a blog for those interested in putting PPL (product placement) in dramas. 

Let's hope official news to different media outlets will be released this Monday. We're all ready for the confirmation and let's hope they cast some more awesome actors for the ensemble cast. So far the cast o Cantabile Romance is looking good...Joo Won, Shim Eun Kyung, Bae Yoon Shik, Do Hee. All are good actors.

coolreborn

said:

fiovial

said: Park Bo Young has the acting chops and looks...but is she going to be in a drama anytime soon? Besides she's a petite actress (under 160 cm. Profile said she is 158 cm but she might actually be shorter than that). Her height difference with the 185 cm Joo Won will be really big.

Guest adikkeluangman

mrdimples

said: I think Joo Won is leaving his hair longer for his role as Chiaki?

source: "http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD

Guest fiovial

Why wouldn't SM try to put an idol here? Henry would make sense and since Mine is not the lead character I don't think he would be getting bashed like Yoona. Even Yoona the bashing is more of she's too pretty and might not be quirky enough versus she can't act. So not such a bad response. People know how good Henry is with violin so I think there won't be too many naysayers.

Kwon for Masumi? Sure...Why not? There aren't that many options for such a flamboyant character. Besides his 2 AM buddies are all doing dramas right now so why not him, right?

This drama is prime to get more idols given the background and ages of the characters.

Any idols good with instruments? Maybe drama will cast someone from CN Blue? FT Island?

Edit: ooh cn blue's min-Hyuk knows how to play the flute...hmm hmm....not a bad idea. Tiffany plays the flute too. Teen Top's L.Joe plays the violin too.

Archived