[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest stilldaydreaming

Sooooo, we still don't know yet whether SEK confirm or not. Ughhh driving me crazy :))

Cantabile Romance? Hmmmm I hope they won't change it into a mellow drama pleaseee :(

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good news that they re-offered it to SEK! I hope this time she would take it. The production team really likes and needs her... And maybe they raised their offer as well! kekeke~ ;))She and Park Bo Young are the only actresses that I'm hoping for this role.

Nodame Watch: Shim Eun-kyung’s hat goes back in the ringby girlfriday ShimEunKyung2.jpg

The search for the heroine of KBS’s Nodame Cantabile remake — now called Cantabile Romance — is veering into its own farcical saga at this point. Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny) initially turned down an early offer to play the heroine, which was a crying shame since she’d be so perfect for the role. And then we all saw what happened when idol-actress Yoon-ah (Prime Minister and I) was courted after her.

As soon as Yoon-ah bowed out of the drama following the wave of fan reactions, a fresh batch of casting speculations cropped up in the media touting Ha Yeon-soo (Monstar),Lee Hana (High School King of Savvy), Kim Seul-gi (Flower Boy Next Door), and Chun Woo-hee (Han Gong-joo, Vampire Idol) as Nodame hopefuls. All four actresses eventually denied that they were in the running, and it started to feel like casting this heroine would be more difficult than carrying a glass slipper throughout Seoul and just putting it on random feet until we found our Cantabile Cinderella.

More: Dramabeans

Joo Won reveals how he is preparing for his role as a musical prodigy in 'Nodame Cantabile'

Although actor Joo Won is known to also be a very talented vocalist, his singing won't be enough to play the musical prodigy, Chiaki Shinichi, in the Korean remake of 'Nodame Cantabile'. Joo Won revealed his dedication by letting future viewers know how he's been preparing for the difficult role.

His agency, Sim Entertainment, told Star News on July 15, "Joo Won is diligently learning how to conduct as well as play the piano and violin for his role as a musical prodigy. He is determined to show everybody how perfectly he can capture the character like he has done before [with other characters] on the small screen."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/07/joo-won-reveals-how-he-is-preparing-for-his-role-as-a-musical-prodigy-in-nodame-cantabile

class="at_ttl"How Joo Won Is Preparing For 'Nodame Cantabile' BY Chin D | Jul 16, 2014

joo-won.jpg?w=600

Actor Joo Won is doing his best to portray his character perfectly.

While everyone is searching for who will portray the main character Nodame in the Korean remake of "Nodame Cantabile," Joo Won, who will be portraying Nodame's beau Shinichi Chiaki, is spending his time learning more about his character.

His management Sim Entertainment shared on the 15th, "Joo Won is learning how to conduct an orchestra, as well as play a piano and a violin, showing his determination in accurately portraying his musical genius character Shinichi Chiaki."

They added, "He is also looking forward to showing the audience a perfect performance, just like how he has done in his previous projects."

In related news, actress Shim Eun Kyung is the strongest candidate in becoming the main character Nodame, but her participation in the drama is yet to be confirmed by both her management and the production company.

"Nodame Cantabile" is about the eccentric piano prodigy Noda 'Nodame' Megumi who falls in love with the straightforward conducting student Shinichi Chiaki.

Should the drama push through, it is scheduled to begin filming on August, and premiere on October.

credit:   kdramastars 

TV Report's candidates for Nodame~
Like what I said, FOR ME, if it's not Shim Eun Kyung, then Park Bo Young please... I love Lee Hana and her acting in 'High School King' but she looks a Noona for a student. I'm a fan of Park Shin Hye but I have enough of her now. I always see her around. ;)) Go Ara can be a Nodame as well, but I'll stick with SEK and PBY. LOL :D
20140714_1405326933_69922500_1.jpg
http://news.nate.com/view/20140715n05741

class="at_ttl"Shim Eun Kyung Rumored To Be Reconsidering 'Nodame Cantabile' BY Chin D | Jul 15, 2014

nodame-shim-eun-kyung.jpg?w=600

Another possible Nodame Cantabile lead is brought to light.

Actress Shim Eun Kyung is rumoured to be positively considering taking the role of Noda 'Nodame' Megumi in the Korean remake of "Nodame Cantabile."

According to representatives of the drama, "We have finished the negotiations with Shim Eun Kyung's agency, and are expecting to sign the deal soon. We are going to announce the official line up next week, and will soon begin filming on August."

However, Shim Eun Kyung's agency is more careful in their answer, saying, "We have discussed with the production staff, but nothing has been set in stone. Since they officially announced it, we have been placed in an awkward situation."

They added, "It is true that Shim Eun Kyung's movie filming will be moved to a later date, but this doesn't mean that she will be taking 'Nodame Cantabile'."

Earlier, it was reported that actress Shim Eun Kyung, the first candidate as the lead for the upcoming Korean remake of "Nodame Cantabile," declined the role to focus on filming her movie "Waiting For You."

In response to the public sentiment that Shim Eun Kyung is the best actress for the role, the company expressed, "Thank you for the attention."

Should the production still push through, "Nodame Cantabile" is scheduled to air on October.

credit:  kdramastars

I really  hope Shim Eun Kyung considers favourably accepting the female lead of ND K version. Liked her since the movie Sunny, she is really talented and suits quirky, wacky roles. Not to mention she's really cute and pretty.  Long time since I was last anticipating a drama, and Joo Won is a major inducement to watch this. I miss him acting cold, arrogant characters. LOL *maso allert*  :P  He also needs some actress who will be able to match his onscreen intensity and charisma.
Hopefully, the drama has good writers, too, who won't mess up (too much) the original story. All the best! Fingers crossed. ;)

FemaleQuixote said: I really  hope Shim Eun Kyung considers favourably accepting the female lead of ND K version. Liked her since the movie Sunny, she is really talented and suits quirky, wacky roles. Not to mention she's really cute and pretty.  Long time since I was last anticipating a drama, and Joo Won is a major inducement to watch this. I miss him acting cold, arrogant characters. LOL *maso allert*  :P  He also needs some actress who will be able to match his onscreen intensity and charisma.
Hopefully, the drama has good writers, too, who won't mess up (too much) the original story. All the best! Fingers crossed. ;)

It's okay if some still can't see Joo Won as Chiaki.
I also didn't feel any Chiaki-ness in Joo Won, or in previous Joo Won's roles, even in his cold characters such as Ma Jun, Kang To or Ho Ryong.
So it is understandable.

When Joo Won was offered the role of Shi On in Good Doctor, I also cannot imagine how he is going to play the savant character.
But I trust him.
And he did it well.

I may not know everything about him, but his passion in acting, and his view of his career in future is what us fans understand him as Joo Won the Actor.
All these years since his debut in KDrama four years ago, I learned that he's an actor who always challenge himself with new, different character in every pieces of his work. While flashing those sweet smiles and calmness, he is always confident, and he researches and prepares diligently for the roles he will play.
To date, his acting never disappoint me.

Guest fiovial

Chiming in on Nodame casting....Shim Eun Kyung would be great of course.

Lee Hana? Please no...she is too old to play a college/university student. She would be more fitting to play a teacher role.

Park Bo Young has the acting chops and looks...but is she going to be in a drama anytime soon? Besides she's a petite actress (under 160 cm. Profile said she is 158 cm but she might actually be shorter than that). Her height difference with the 185 cm Joo Won will be really big.

Park Shin Hye and Go Ara are both good actors...but I think it'll be the case that people might think they are too pretty to play Nodame.

In any case looking forward to this drama. The J drama was enjoyable though I can't say I enjoyed the slapstick comedy part of the drama. I hope the K drama won't be too slapsticky and focus more on the music and character development. With more episodes than the original drama I think we might get more insight into the characters.

although i have not read or watch the comic or drama, i am confident that Joo Won will be able to put it off. he is one of the most versatile rising actor to date, all the roles he has taken are very different and is able to portray the characters well. 
there will never be the perfect one for any roles. JW is now preparing himself for the role and i look forward to seeing him outdo himself and reward us with this character.
yeah agree that when i watch him on variety or interview, very different from the intense roles he portray. and that's why he is so great!!! 

fiovial said: Park Bo Young has the acting chops and looks...but is she going to be in a drama anytime soon? Besides she's a petite actress (under 160 cm. Profile said she is 158 cm but she might actually be shorter than that). Her height difference with the 185 cm Joo Won will be really big.

Guest adikkeluangman

Friendly reminder to all :Any discussion about the original NC please proceed to respective Soompi thread: Manga | Drama
If you guys insist to post something but don't want to make other poster feel sad or feel bad about it, I suggest to post it on Open Thread - Anything and Everything Related to K-Ent.
Don't forget to read or re-read again:Soompi code of conduct | k-drama & movies forum rules

To the writer that wrote article from kdramastars that used respective manga character picture with Korean counterpart get much love from me. Can see the resemblance a bit between Chiaki and JooWon.
I never watch Tamaki acting before except in Nodame but when I first saw him. He looked a bit older for Chiaki since he is supposed to be 21 years old. Well, maybe since the character is a smoker and avid wine drinker so he aged.
I do some check facts, Tamaki was 26 years old when he doing NC the drama version. Joo Won now is 27 years old. When look at Chiaki-JooWon picture together. Both of them have the same soft-young feature.
As expected, the drama need to start filming by August already. Even the preceded drama, already started filming. We got another 10 days to go before August but still no update on the full cast. I so curious to whoever said the 15th it will reveal anything. But nothing much actually. Even Dohee character name also we don't know yet.
I want to see the student cast from new young actors or young adult instead of idol-actors. But then I can see Jo Kwon as Masumi too.
Here is Dohee with the long hair. I wonder if she will get colored hair for Sakura. This is from her upcoming horror movie Tunnel 3D.Tiny-G-Dohee_1405482535_af_org.jpg

@addikeluang

Good call! While we would like to promote open discussions, free to rant as well as rave, there is always a limit.

I was surprised to see how fans of the Japanese NC got all worked up over this remake. In the beginning, I empathized with them  but gradually, it become annoying. The negative comments turned more and more of a vitriol, lots of hate spewed and the trolling started.

I may be confident of Joo Won's ability to act as Chiaki but truthfully, I am not that confident that the remake will be a success. There are many things which make a good drama, aren't there? However, to condemn the drama outright before it even starts just shows how illogical these comments are. You know the saying "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"? And the drama has not even started!

I have been through a drama of Joo Won's which did not do well. I participated in that thread and even wrote recaps because bloggers gave up on the show. That drama is 7th Level Civil Servant. It went up to 18% and finished in a single digit, averaging about 12%. I know, the figures are really quite decent but to me, it was Joo Won's worst drama. He did a good job and the cast too but writing and production was terrible. I would be the first to acknowledge it was not good, many on the thread felt likewise as the drama progressed. We kind of pulled our hair out together and yelled at our monitors, LOL. There were some who watched it because they like the premise and there were fans of Joo Won, Choi Kang Hee and Chansung. Our hopes were high because the movie was a success and it was the same writer who wrote the drama. As the drama sank, people gave up on it and left. Yes, there were rantings of course but mostly people ranted for a while and then they leave. A minority liked the show and found it enjoyable. The rest of us, mostly fans of the cast, stayed around, downed cups of virtual soju and found solace in each other's company.

What I am saying is that we need not love this remake unconditionally or just because our favorite actor/actress is in it. The least we can do is start without passing judgement on it. I am fully aware that any remake will be compared against the original. I have no problems with that and much less with the fact that it is not easy to surpass a drama so loved by many.  However if one is here to pour hate on it just simply because it exists or trolling on the cast, please find your welcome elsewhere.

Guest fiovial

I think announcement on the Nodame role is supposed to come this week. Most knetizens over at dcinside seem to think that Shim Eun Kyung is a done deal. I just want the official news to come soon so the drama can move on to actual script reading, filming and more.

So please refresh my memory...how many actors have been confirmed so far ? 3? Joo Won, Do Hee and Bae Yoon Shik? I am curious who will be cast as Mine.

Personally I can totally see Joo Won as Chiaki...sorry can't remember the Korean name. I think he can pull off the arrogant genius role.

Archived