[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest yokor12

I can't believe how many negative comments Yoona is getting! Give the damn girl a break, if you're not happy with the choice of actor/actress then don't watch the drama end of story! Yes, it may be one of your favourite dramas and you have high expectations for it but for goodness sake give people a chance....
There are millions of drama out there who people would like to have their own preference over the actual actors/actresses that got casted, but at the end of the day we aren't the people making the decisions so why go on complaining about it for?? It's not going to do anything but instead the impact of your negative comments can do harm to someone's well-being. Look at all those celebrities that have committed suicide or had depression because of things like this.... The directors etc would have seen that Yoona was able capable of the role that's why they casted her. She does audition you know, it's not like she got in just because she's a celebrity...
There are many sides to a person that you don't always see, I've watched countless dramas, TV shows, videos clips, fancams etc of Yoona so I think she's got every right to be in this drama as the lead. She can be crazy and weird one minute to super cute & adorable the next. Not to mention she's actually really smart, it's not just about the pretty face. She is someone that would give it all she's got to achieve outstanding outcomes. Why doesn't everyone just wait and see and you'll be surprised! Stop with all the hating and attacks but try to be positive about it. It's not late to give your comments after you've watched the end of the drama. Also with her previous dramas, she did very well. It's not her fault that viewer ratings are low but it's the actual story line and script that people lost interest in. If you look at it, all her co-stars and male leads are popular people too and some have been in the industry for a long time so are you going to blame them and say their acting was bad too that's why ratings were low? Why just pick on her and blame everything on her all the time?!
Also this is main thread for the drama itself, if you're not going to support the drama or the people in it then don't come in here writing all negative stuff ruining it for everyone else. I just don't think it's fair for the fans of the drama or the actors/actresses in it to have to read through all this negativity. The drama hasn't even started yet but all you people do is waste your time writing things that aren't going to get anywhere and make fans like me have to read through all this......?? have respect for this forum, the drama and the actors/actresses please!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest melpa2

I can’t believe all the people criticizing and complaining about both leads getting cast, mostly about Yoona in different websites. I’m not a big fan of Joo Won physically, I don’t think he is good looking or hot, just a cute guy (not offense to his fans) but I actually do think he is a good actor, I was very impressed by his performance in Good Doctor and I only saw him in a few episodes in King Of Baking and OB but I thought he was good. I’d always read good comments on his acting too, so I think he can pull off this role. 
Now I’m not a fan of the Japanese version of this drama and I don’t understand why so many people love it so much either, but then again we all have different taste, however I did enjoy the first few episodes when I first saw the drama a year ago, but then I got bored for some reason. Maybe it was the over the top comedy which in Japanese dramas I generally don‘t like or maybe because of the lack of romance which I wanted it to be a bit more of, I don‘t know, I don’t really remembered the ending either and I didn’t even bothered watching the specials so my thoughts of not liking very much are only based on what I saw. I have watched a lot of Japanese dramas not as much as Korean ones, but I’m generally disappointed in the lack of romance in so many of  J dramas that are suppose to be romantic or have the two leads falling in love or be rom-coms maybe is just the ones I’d seen since until now I only seen the ones until 2009 (I began by watching 90’s J dramas first like four years ago). They are a four or five exceptions out of maybe 50+ J Dramas I watched which I absolutely loved even with lacking in romance or skinship. Which is why I mostly now only watched J dramas when I want to watch something completely different like a Thriller or Mystery, which J dramas do very well I think, while watching Korean dramas. So I was excited about watching this re-make because I think the J version could had been a drama I could had love if the comedy wasn’t too exaggerated and maybe a bit more romance not a lot since it’s not a big part of the story I know that, but just a bit more and I’m hoping the K version gives me that.
As for Yoona’s casting, in the beginning I didn’t like it even though she improved her acting in PMAI, I just can’t picture her in this role. However since reading all sort of comments of people complaining so much, now I want Yoona to be cast, maybe just to see if she can’t prove people wrong, I still wish they cast somebody different but if Yoona confirms then I hope she does well. 
So many people complaining and criticizing months before the drama even airs is making it all so negative, if the fans don’t want nothing to ruin their favorite drama or don’t like who’s been cast then don’t watch it then, stop complaining, it’s getting so annoying or at least wait till the drama stars before you began to do so. I guess I just had to watch this drama without reading any of the websites I often visit in order to avoid any of this negativity and criticizing and the number of people who are probably going to compare everything between both versions because it might ruin my watching specially if I ended loving it. Let's keep it positive guys.

hola ... I have seen the Japanese drama and it was great ... Now talking about the Korean version, as it has not yet issued any chapter, I reserve my opinion, I think it is the most accurate, and not go criticizing when we have not even seen one episode of this version. 
When it has been issued, then give you my opinion.
in the meantime .... Joo Won and Yoona the korean Chiaki and Nodame Fighting !!!!

Guest norakim

Fans want the Korean version of the actors to be similar to their favorite Japanese dramas. Yet they forget that each version is a adaptation of the manga. They are different takes of the same story. The Anime, The Japanese Live Action drama and movies, and now the The K-Drama are all going to be different. If I could give an example... Tim Burton's Batman and Chris Nolan's Batman are two different takes on the Batman story. It's not the same. Fans have accepted that. I don't see why fans can't do that with Asian entertainment.      

So... Yoona is no Juri Ueno. So what? They are playing two different adaptation of the character. Question. How come no one seem to compare the anime version and the voice actress Ayako Kawasumi with Juri Ueno? Are they anyway similar? 

Joo Won, Yoona and others to star in "Nodame Cantabile"

2014/07/07

photo457766.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "Nodame Cantabile" confirmed four main characters.

Joo Won had set his mind on this drama a long time ago and takes on the role of an orchestra conductor named Chiaki Shinichi. This is his first drama in a year.

Baek Yoon-sik takes on the role of France Schutrezeman, a conductor and teacher. The chemistry between Baek Yoon-sik and Joo Won is highly anticipated by many.

Contrabass Saku Sakura is played by Dohee from Tiny-G. She starred in the tvN drama "Answer Me 1994" with a dialect.

Yoona was chosen as the lead female act Noda Megumi. Apparently Yoona decided she was going to do this on her own and has met with production staff several times.

The Korean version of "Nodame Cantabile" is all about the love and growth of students learning classical music. To be aired in October.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

credit: hancinema

Aziraphale said:
Because the characters are so complementary despite being so different, the two actors for Chiaki and Nodame need to act off each other. If the Nodame actress is weak, the Chiaki actor has nothing to work off from her, and vice versa. This is why the casting needs to be spot on, and from the looks of it, neither fits.

Given that the Chiaki character will be changed to Cha Yoo-jin, does that mean the "Nodame" name will be changed so as to Korean-ise it? Then will it still be "Nodame Cantabile"? Sorry, but "Cha sunbae" doesn't have the same zing as "Chiaki senpai", especially not how Nodame says it. Besides, if they're already changing the names, what else will they change from the original? Make Masumi straight and pretend he doesn't love Chiaki? Create a love triangle or square when there was close to none in the J-drama? Insert an evil mother, jealous ex-girlfriend or horrible teacher? Harisen was harsh initially, but even he recognised Nodame's talent and seriously wanted to coach her to bring out her true potential.

I feel the producers haven't thought carefully about this remake at all. Nodame Cantabile is incredibly popular and successful, and has something akin to a cult status. It is so successful that it spawned a live-action drama, anime series, two specials and two films. Not to mention, till this day the Ueno-Tamaki pairing is acknowledged to be virtually impossible to beat when talking about this franchise. Their chemistry was off the charts. It just isn't right to be slipshod about casting two of the most iconic characters in drama/manga land, that's just an insult to the original and to fans who love it, and those who were hoping for a good remake.

Guest adikkeluangman

From what I read before, this Korean remake will be based on manga instead of drama. I get it if people want to make comparison. But please don't be too harsh.
I'm not sure which fans that refer too but I'm willing to give Yoona her chance to do this if she take this role. Why don't people blame Shim Eun Kyung too? Because she is the one that reject this role on the first place. And so-called Nodame fans will not go cray cray like this. 
This role is important and can make or break an actress so why don't other talent agencies send their actress portfolio to pitch for their actress instead of the drama production scouting around. They can do media play said this xx actress interested for Nodame, but no we saw nothing of that. Instead we only read Shim Eun Kyun and IU name around and now Yoona.
Someone suggest Yoon Eun Hye for Nodame role? But no, please. Because Nodame supposed to be a young college student.pechumori said:

Baek Yoon-sik takes on the role of France Schutrezeman, a conductor and teacher. The chemistry between Baek Yoon-sik and Joo Wonis highly anticipated by many.

Aziraphale

said:

Joo Won is another miscast. He doesn't look or feel like a Chiaki. He doesn't exude the sort of aura that Tamaki Hiroshi had in the truckloads. When Chiaki first transferred to Tanioka sensei's class, the teacher talked about Chiaki's aura (the kind that makes the Momogaoka girls put Chiaki on a pedestal). Joo Won is a likeable enough actor, but his is a happy puppy kind of vibe, the warm and approachable type that's a far cry from Chiaki. I know people are going to bring up Joo Won's role in Gaksital, but that is a different kind of character and is not Chiaki. This isn't just about looking good in a tux or being able to be cold and broody or a bad boy, because Chiaki's character is more complex than that. He is aloof, arrogant and can be insensitive and harsh, neurotic, a perfectionist through and through, but also has his vulnerable side. More importantly, he also has that subtle comic timing that a lesser actor will fail to bring out. Think of any number of Tamaki's expressions whenever Chiaki is faced with yet another of Nodame's exasperating idiosyncrasies or Stresemann's antics - the looks on Tamaki's face were just priceless and contributed to much of the comedy. This isn't something I can see Joo Won portraying with any level of success.

StaRix said:TAKE NOTE: It's not Joo Won that we will see on the drama, but the character. Like what mention above, "Acting is the key here." If acting alone, I'm confident with Joo Won. So regarding the "feels", we cannot comment YET since we haven't seen anything yet, not even a teaser or poster.  So we don't know yet how he will portray the character. And they didn't offer the role to him just because of his looks. If they are only after the face of the actor, then they should have offered it to Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho or other actors that are more popular or more flower boy than him (I'm not saying that he's not handsome.)~

Guest seiryu82

Aziraphale said: StaRix said:TAKE NOTE: It's not Joo Won that we will see on the drama, but the character. Like what mention above, "Acting is the key here." If acting alone, I'm confident with Joo Won. So regarding the "feels", we cannot comment YET since we haven't seen anything yet, not even a teaser or poster.  So we don't know yet how he will portray the character. And they didn't offer the role to him just because of his looks. If they are only after the face of the actor, then they should have offered it to Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho or other actors that are more popular or more flower boy than him (I'm not saying that he's not handsome.)~

class="content-title" Who Should Play the Title Role in Korean Remake of “Nodame Cantabile?” crystalcove July 8, 2014

soompi-nodame-800x450.png

There has been a lot of heated discussions on who should play the lead female character of “Nodame”  in the Korean remake of the hit 2006 Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile” after YoonA of Girls’ Generation was named as one of the actresses being considered for the part. Most people are unhappy with the casting, while there are some who see the potential in the young idol/actress.  The reaction was unlike any for casting news for this drama. Joo Won, Dohee, and Bae Yoon Sik have already been confirmed for the drama.

It is hard to remake such a popular drama, both a ratings and critical hit, let alone fill the shoes of an actress who has made the role so iconic. Japanese actress Ueno Juri played the role of Megumi Noda (nicknamed Nodame) when she was 20 years old, winning the ”Best Lead Actress” at the 51st Television Drama Academy Awards in Japan for her highly praised portrayal. She created some big shoes to fill when she played the role of Nodame, making harsh comparison inevitable for any actress picked for a remake.

YoonA carries a lot of baggage as an idol/singer and a large part of criticism directed toward her is because of the negative perception of such double duty celebrities. Some viewers will never give YoonA a chance, some will lower their expectations, and some will support her just because she is an idol. It’s a mixed bag of blessings that YoonA has to deal with to win over viewers if she takes on the difficult role of Nodame. YoonA earned praise for her role in “Prime Minister and I“; it looks like she is winning over some viewers. Is Nodame actually the perfect role for YoonA to finally receive mass public praise?

resizeYoonA.jpg

For readers who have never seen “Nodame Cantabile” and don’t know what all the fuss is about, here is a quick and short introduction to the drama. Based on a manga of the same name, the drama depicts two aspiring classical musicians in college, the arrogant perfectionist Chiaki and the eccentric and disorganized Nodame. Chiaki aspires to be a orchestra conductor but can’t get the training he needs in Europe (the heart of classical music) because of a childhood trauma. Nodame is a piano student with high potential that can’t be tapped into because she fears competition. In the drama these two opposites attract, making new friendships along the way with some interesting characters and overcoming their fears to grow both in character and musical talent. Here’s a compilation of some scenes from the drama:

credit: soompi

hymmm.... ok now now....
be patient for the outcome of the drama....

its not out yet.... X_X 

and lets not be harsh with our words....
before it gets out of hand #:-S

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->
       Korean Classical Music
8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

Aziraphale

said:

StaRix

said:

TAKE NOTE: It's not Joo Won that we will see on the drama, but the character. Like what mention above, "Acting is the key here." If acting alone, I'm confident with Joo Won. So regarding the "feels", we cannot comment YET since we haven't seen anything yet, not even a teaser or poster.  So we don't know yet how he will portray the character. And they didn't offer the role to him just because of his looks. If they are only after the face of the actor, then they should have offered it to Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho or other actors that are more popular or more flower boy than him (I'm not saying that he's not handsome.)~

StaRix said:

Aziraphale

said:

StaRix

said:

TAKE NOTE: It's not Joo Won that we will see on the drama, but the character. Like what mention above, "Acting is the key here." If acting alone, I'm confident with Joo Won. So regarding the "feels", we cannot comment YET since we haven't seen anything yet, not even a teaser or poster.  So we don't know yet how he will portray the character. And they didn't offer the role to him just because of his looks. If they are only after the face of the actor, then they should have offered it to Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho or other actors that are more popular or more flower boy than him (I'm not saying that he's not handsome.)~

Guest prosperity

StaRix said:TAKE NOTE: It's not Joo Won that we will see on the drama, but the character. Like what mention above, "Acting is the key here." If acting alone, I'm confident with Joo Won. So regarding the "feels", we cannot comment YET since we haven't seen anything yet, not even a teaser or poster.  So we don't know yet how he will portray the character. And they didn't offer the role to him just because of his looks. If they are only after the face of the actor, then they should have offered it to Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho or other actors that are more popular or more flower boy than him (I'm not saying that he's not handsome.)~
So for those who think that the casts suck, then better not to comment HERE yet. Posting here will not change anything. I'm pretty sure that the productions, director, writer isn't visiting soompi forum. LOL. Why don't we just wait for it first, and try at least the first two episodes. And if we don't like it, then it's so so so easy to stop watching. That's it!

Am I late? Has the party started? Aaaaaaawwwww.....it's not October yet?

Annyeong everyone, I am so happy that things have finally got rollin :D  I think my username speaks volume of my bias so no need for introduction. Thankfully I am not the thread keeper this time round or I would have done this :D

chiakiharisenhit_zps89b56179.jpg
credit : carurachan blogspot

More than the actors or actresses, I am concerned about the ability of the writer and PD to make this drama a success. I am confident of Joo Won pulling off his role as Chiaki or Cha Yoo Jin as he will be known in this version and waiting expectantly of Yoona rising to the role as the Korean Nodame. We will know in a few months' time how this drama will fare and our cast too.

Although soompi threads are open to anyone, I hope those fans of the original Jdrama who cannot accept this fact, will not come and be a party pooper. This drama will have a Korean remade and the casting has been announced. No amount of ranting will stop this from happening. And it is not like having a Korean remade will send the original into oblivion or something. If anything at all, a failure of the remake will prove how brilliant or hard to duplicate the Japanese version is. But if the Korean remade is a success, then it shows that a brilliant story can always find success wherever they go. If you still have time on your hands, then may I suggest you set up a "Anti- NC Korean remade/Anti-Joo Won/Anti-Yoona thread? I am sure you will have more people who enjoy your contributions there.

prosperity

said:

I am trying to understand why you needed to name Lee Min Ho or Kim Soo Hyun to prove your point…

You might not see your comment as insulting to them, but it kind of is, it is as if you are saying they are only "flower boys". Maybe they weren't offered the role, because they are busy doing other commitments (and not because they weren't first choice over Joo Won)?

You could have made your point without naming anyone in particular. I find this comment just as insulting as the person you are exchanging words with.

Archived