[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiovial

Just saw another articlehttp://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=008&aid=0003305605

Basically same contents except this article mentioned that Shim Eun Kyung is currently practicing music instrument (piano). The article also mentioned how the rep from Group Eight said that the basis of the Korean drama is the actual Manga and not the Japanese drama.

I didn't watch the anime or read the manga...are they much different from the J drama?

Nodame Cantabile has been adapted as a live-action television drama broadcast in 11 hour-long episodes from October 16, to December 25, 2006 on Fuji TV, covering events up to volume 9 of the manga.(source: wikipedia) meanwhile, NC manga has 23 volumes, and there's sequel too

Wow, so happy for SEK finally confirmed as JW's costar!!! PERFECT!! I recently watched Miss Granny and she's as much fun onscreen as I remembered from Sunny. Her scenes with JW will totally attain perfection on all levels: romantic chemistry, comic timing, soulful moments. Gahhh!! Can't wait! * Is it October yet? No? Why??!!! *
So now waiting for the script reading pics and first stills....I'm so curious how they'll look together.

fiovial said: Just saw another articlehttp://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=008&aid=0003305605 Basically same contents except this article mentioned that Shim Eun Kyung is currently practicing music instrument (piano). The article also mentioned how the rep from Group Eight said that the basis of the Korean drama is the actual Manga and not the Japanese drama. I didn't watch the anime or read the manga...are they much different from the J drama?

I am so getting giddy about this pair up!!!

Shim Eun-kyung confirms Nodame Cantabile remakeby girlfriday | July 28, 2014ShimEunKyung_JooWon1.jpgFINALLY. We have a heroine! After multiple rounds of casting news and false alarms, the Korean drama remake of Nodame Cantabile — called Cantabile Romance — has secured its leading lady. The fantastically talented Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny) has at last signed on to play Nodame, opposite Joo-won (Good Doctor) who has been attached to the project since April. Shim was an early favorite to play the heroine, but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts for her movie Waiting For You; fan outcry during subsequent casting rounds left the role unfilled, and once her movie got pushed back, producers successfully wooed her back.

full article, read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/shim-eun-kyung-confirms-nodame-cantabile-remake/

Guest adikkeluangman

Felicia Soh said: Sorry to cut your post - I don't think there's any reason (other than a possible boycott) for SM not to allow their idols/actors to participate in this drama if any of them are offered a role in that production. I suggested Henry because I think he is one of the potential musicians that fit in as Mine - acting wise, he has previous experience in acting in a film, "Final Recipe" and it was reported that he was cast in a Chinese drama (not very sure of its status).  I won't say that he has excellent skill in acting and if he plays Mine, I believe he will manage to pull off convincingly with his violin skill.   

I am not sure if Jo Kwon will be interested to play Masumi's role considering that he has been criticized for the drag queen stage role he played in "Priscilla" - not that I agree to their comment. I've liked him since watching him in "Queen of Office" and he's a great entertainer.  

I hope all the negative comments on blogs will decrease a little ! They have their Nodame !
I shouldn't be normal, i think she's cute like other actresses on her pics, but I don't care if her acting doesn't consist on pouting and aegyo (and I know it depends on directing).

There is a possible scene in Paris ???? This filming has alllll my attention !!!

fiovial said: @"Felicia Soh"‌ I like Henry so I would love to see him as Mine. Having said that Mine is quite a pivotal role. He might be considered the 2nd male lead role? I would love to see Henry as Mine but if he isn't cast I won't be disappointed either. @yayahime‌ I had a similar reaction...."Oh So Ri"??? I guess her name is meant to be funny? Oh sorry.... :)) I mean the writer must have known that this drama will be watched internationally, right? Oh So Ri????......at least change her family name. Lee So Ri, Kim So Ri, Jang So Ri, Park So Ri, Hwang So Ri, Jo So Ri, Jeong So Ri..anything but Oh So Ri. OK I take it back So So Ri would be as bad as Oh So Ri :))

Hello Everyone!I'm so happy to see some familiar faces here and Joo Won's fans from GD thread :-hI was keeping my eye in this drama when I heard Joo Won was cast as the male lead. I haven't watch Nodame Cantabile so I really have no idea about the story but I believe in Joo Won's acting ability especially when I watched his amazing acting skills in Good Doctor.. :)I finally decided to join this thread now that Shim Eun Kyung finally accepted the female lead role. I really like her in Miss Granny and this is my first time to watch her in a drama Plus Dohee is also here from Reply 1994 that's why I'm super excited!

Guest CountMcAwesomeness

I genuinely hope they will keep the fluff and the quirkiness in this drama.

I really fear Korea will turn it to a mega angst fest extravaganza. 

I hope the story dont make mine entangled with the love triangle between nodame and chiaki senpai. Since mine will have a crush with kiyora.

Well, mine in drama and manga has a little feeling to nodame since they always meet and nodame always eat in his father's restaurant and his father even treat nodame like his own daughter but the feeling didnt develop well and i dont want to expect it well.

Hello @hongchae1 @mrdimples‌ glad to meet you again after Good Doctor. This thread will be so funny like Good Doctor fellow member did before.

Hi @MayS let watch this in autumn :X

Ahhhhhhhhh...........I haven't had time to spazz here since the news came out this morning.........

First, I am over the moon that the drama finally confirmed its leading lady. After months of speculation, netizens abuzz and getting worked up over some possible casting, we got our answer in Shim Eun Kyung. I do not know much of her filmography and incidentally I just watched Miss Granny last night :D She lived up to her reputation. I have seldom seen a young actress so "unvain" in front of the camera. She is the Queen of All Faces. I also find her unique looking in a sea of beautiful but look alike actresses. One fear I had for the actress who would play Nodame was that she would act cute instead of funny. Sometimes, actor/actress can confuse the two. To me, Nodame is not cute, she is funny. So no aegyo and I don't see that streak in SEK. Neither do I see her as sweet which is great because Nodame only pretends to be demure and sweet to charm Chiaki Often without success. So I am excited much.

Now that they have a winning cast, can we have some great writing and PD? Then we might have a wonderful remake waiting for us.

*waves* to @hongchae1 and @ruzikie

I am only perplexed by the name of the characters. I supposed SEK will call Joo Won's character Cha Sunbae or Yoo Jin Sunbae? And while @simplydramafied1082 gave a profound explanation on the name Oh So Ri, I can only imagine a scene like this

Oh So Ri: Cha Sunbae!!!
and flings herself onto Cha Yoo Jin while he throws her across the room shouting
Cha Yoo Jin: Oh So Ri !!!

See I am laughing already :D

Getting in mood for the drama, let's enjoy some music...

jwcharorchestra_zpsde123e49.png

Guest fiovial

So Ri (sighhh...do I have to call her So Ri....) has to call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin sunbae! Otherwise it would totally change the feeling of their initial relationship. 
The way I see it the Mine will call Chiaki/Yoo Jin just plain Yoo Jin or Yoo Jin-ah or maybe Yoo Jin-goon when he's being playfulMasumi should call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin-nim ...that would be funny and so in line with Chiaki-samaOther characters who normally call Chiaki as Chiaki-san should call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin-ssi. 

fiovial said: So Ri (sighhh...do I have to call her So Ri....) has to call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin sunbae! Otherwise it would totally change the feeling of their initial relationship. 
The way I see it the Mine will call Chiaki/Yoo Jin just plain Yoo Jin or Yoo Jin-ah or maybe Yoo Jin-goon when he's being playfulMasumi should call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin-nim ...that would be funny and so in line with Chiaki-samaOther characters who normally call Chiaki as Chiaki-san should call Yoo Jin as Yoo Jin-ssi. 

I'm so glad SEK finally confirmed <:-P I'm. Expecting this so bad. Now all we have to wait for a good adaptation of the magna. Two talented leads shouldn't be waisted. :x

I guess is Oh So Ri :-<

Archived