[Drama 2014] Naeil's Cantabile 내일도 칸타빌레

Guest adikkeluangman

I found and article said that korean people like shim eunkyung playing as nodame, henry's SUJU-M playing as mine, and another actress (i don't know how to spell her name) playing as kiyora http://t.co/6fOlBnISiJ

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWS CASTING MUSIC DIRECTOR

(trans. by Google)

KBS drama "Romance Cantabile ', defined as the orchestra maestro Lee, Jong - Jin Casting Director

- "Pan Asian Philharmonia Orchestra Conductor Lee, Jong - Jin Director appointed to key figures in the drama, classical music orchestra director - In the classic Korean Wave Preview - Korean version of 'Nodame Orchestra birth expectations

July 28, 2014 - The "Romance Cantabile" (working title) is a Korean version coming October in KBS 2TV 'Nodame Cantabile' broadcast schedule. Classical music was enough drama, interest in orchestral music director Maestro Lee, Jong - Jin is hot among the confirmed final cast.

We studied the violin and orchestra conducted by Seoul National University and studied finance etc. Juilliard, and active as a conductor and artistic director of South Korea Lee, Jong - Jin recently. The spotlight is not in the classic series, of course, was crucial in casting history researchers for many years, and served as the National Art University in Tokyo, Japan jihwigwa.

"We work passionately Lee, Jong - Jin T & B Entertainment agency officials called the first music director of the drama. Through this opportunity to classical music market is the hope that further activation "and" said the report, although the perfect music drama, but as I showed him on stage during the, head rigetda is willing to hear it. "

Currently, training in the Seoul National University Korea National University of Arts, and the younger jihwigwa, Lee, Jong - Jin is being actively as a educator. "Nodame Cantabile" is broadcast with lively music and a love story of eumdaesaeng the theme of classical music and in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and elsewhere gathered popularity and attracted a record audience at the hottest shows, and 2% for the domestic cable channels.

On the other hand, an agency of the corporation Lee, Jong - Jin T & B Entertainment (www.tnbenter.com) is introducing a performance plan that everyone can agree to play in the classical music world, famous for its unique male peulrutiseuteu of Park Tae-hwan, a group of 'Next' keyboardist and musical The country belongs artists, including famous jihyeonsu others are actively actor and composer.

I think it's news about the orchestra? Not sure. Hope somebody understand hangul here.

:)

http://m.newswire.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=760117

Yes! With SEK confirmed I will definitely be watching this with her headlining the drama, Quite honestly, I will watch anything with her in it, but I think she is even a better cast than Ueno Juri for Nodame. With such credible people behind the orchestra/music side of things, I'm gaining more confidence and expectation with this remake, very exciting!

Guest fiovial

Korean news sites are finally flooded with reports of Shim Eun Kyung confirmation for Nodame role. I'm on my cell phone right now...anyone care to post the news article? I can translate :)

Guest maea18

Shim Eun Kyung confirmed for 'Nodame Cantabile'

20140106_1388996999_66145100_1_99_201407
Article: 'Nodame Cantabile' heads to the arms of Shim Eun Kyung... casting confirmed

Source
: TV Report via Naver

1. [+4,275, -192] A hundred, thousand times the better decision than Yoona

2. [+3,061, -107] I'll trust anything she chooses

3. [+2,010, -74] I'm so glad ㅠㅠ She was the best fit for the role anyway, fighting :)

4. [+1,932, -44] I'd rather believe official word from her agency or the producers than some "broadcast associate"...

5. [+223, -21] There's no reason for the producers to be so swayed by public opinion over a casting... It seems ever since they were burned by casting IU for 'Pretty Man' despite opposition from the public and suffered failure, they're really scoping out the public opinion.

6. [+185, -10] At least Shim Eun Kyung isn't guaranteed failure. The only Japanese remake that has succeeded in Korea is Boys Over Flowers.

7. [+203, -35] I can already imagine her in the role... ridiculous that Yoona was ever considered. The best thing netizens have done recently is outing her from the role..

8. [+171, -12] Shim Eun Kyung will not only live up to Ueno Juri's performance but completely reinterpret the original on her own.

class="headline"Yessss Its been confirmed! class="headline" style="font-size: 10pt;"Shim Eun-kyung confirms ‘Nodame Cantabile’ July 28, 2014    

Actress Shim Eun-kyung confirmed her role as the titular character of the Korean “Nodame Cantabile” remake on Monday following heated, weeks-long speculation surrounding the role’s casting, according to TV Report.shim-567x1024.jpg

Shim will play the Korean Noda Megumi, a genius piano student at a music academy. The Japanese drama, based on a manga series of the same name, aired in 2006 to explosive success, spawning two extended episodes and, in 2010, two movie specials.

Controversy erupted over the role’s casting two weeks ago with the announcement of Girls’ Generation’s Yoon-ah as a strong candidate — she later turned down the role to star in a Korean-Chinese film, “Goodbye Ani.”

Shim was one of the main names thrown around in the hunt for a Nodame actress early in the game, although she initially denied participation in the project due to prior scheduling commitments for a film. The movie filming has since been postponed.

The series has also cast Joo-won to play Shinichi Chiaki, a conductor hopeful, and veteran actor Baek Yoon-sik, who will depict German maestro Franz von Stresemann.

The Korean remake, titled “Cantabile Romance,” will air in October on KBS2.

http://www.koreatimesus.com/?p=15308

Guest fiovial

I translated one of the articles...please excuse any typos.
sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201407300100344690022208&servicedate=20140729

Shim Eun Kyung Confirmed for  'Nodame Cantabile' , Eventually Matching Up With Joo Won 'Expectation↑'

2014073001003446900222081.jpg
It has been revealed that actress Shim Eun Kyung has been cast as the female lead in KBS2's new Mon-Tue Drama the Korean version of 'Nodame Cantabile'.A representative from the TV station said this on the 29th "Shim Eun Kyung has finally been confirmed to join 'Nodame Cantabile'."The changes in her movie filming schedule has enabled the possibility of her doing this drama."
Even from the very beginning Shim Eun Kyung was rumored to be taking the role of Nodame but due to her filming schedule and other works not matching up to the drama schedule she wasn't able to do it previously.
Shim Eun Kyung's character, Nodame, is a 'weirdo' in school but is a genius who can play any music no matter how hard it is after hearing it just once.
Recently Joo Won has been cast as the world-famous conductor Chiaki Shinichi, and Baek Yoon Shik has been cast as his mentor Franz Strezemann. Tiny G's Do Hee has also been cast as a contrabass player in the orchestra which increased the expectation for this drama even more. 
Japanese writer Ninomiya Tomoko wrote the classical music manga 'Nodame Cantabile' in 2001. In 2006 Fuji TV produced the drama where it became very popular and even spawned a movie later on. Ueno Jueri and Tamaki Hiroshi who starred in the drama became top stars because of this drama. 
The Korean version of 'Nodame Cantabile' plans to depict the lives, love and growth of music school students. The drama is currently in the midst of casting other characters. The drama is planned for an October broadcast.  
Many netizens commented "Finally Shim Eun Kyung is joining 'Nodame Cantabile'", "Shim Eun Kyung finally became the female lead of Nodame Cantabile", "Shim Eun Kyung really match well as Nodame".

additional trans from media portals confirming Shim Eun Kyung. and I am officially in this drama!!!

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Shim Eun Kyung Confirmed as Lead of Drama ‘Nodame Cantabile’Shim Eun Kyung has been confirmed as the lead actress of the Korean version of the drama Nodame Cantabile (title undecided).

Group Eight, the production company, released an official statement on July 29 announcing Shim Eun Kyung’s cast in the drama. It has been reported that Shim Eun Kyung was the first actress to receive the casting offer for the role but had previously turned it down due to her movie schedules. 

Due to the popularity of the original comic series of the same name, there′s been much attention focused on the casting for the role of ‘Nodame,’ with unconfirmed rumors sparking yet more interest.

However, many netizens have insisted that it is hard to find an actress who is more suited for the role of ‘Nodame’ other than Shim Eun Kyung and with the actress’s movie schedules now postponed, she has decided to take on the role. 
71951003.jpg
Shim Eun Kyung said, “I enjoyed reading the original Nodame Cantabile comic book series and I’m personally a fan of Juri Ueno, who acted as ‘Nodame’ in the drama of the same name. I’ve always wanted to challenge myself in acting out a charming character like this, and I finally have the opportunity. I want to show you the most Nodame-like side of Shim Eun Kyung.”

Shim Eun Kyung will be acting as the quirky and genius pianist ‘Oh So Ri’ (Nodame) in the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile, acting opposite Joo Won, who will be acting as ‘Cha Yoo Jin.’

Photo credit: enews
Credit: Mwave Enewsworld | July 29 2014

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Shim Eun Kyung Confirmed for Lead Female Role in “Cantabile Romance”deedeegii July 28, 2014 | SOOMPIshim-eun-kyung-800x450.jpg

Actress Shim Eun Kyung has officially been cast as the lead female role in the upcoming Korean remake of popular Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile,” titled “Cantabile Romance.”

According to TV Report on July 29, “Shim Eun Kyung has finally been confirmed to star in the Korean version of ‘Nodame Cantabile.’”

With Shim Eun Kyung’s outstanding acting abilities and cute appearance, she was chosen as the most desired actress for this particular role and received endless ‘love calls’ from producers.

Previously, the actress had turned down the casting offer due to a conflicting schedule with filming for the movie “Waiting for You.” However, it seems that she is now able to take on the role, as she recently made adjustments to her original schedule in order to accommodate “Nodame Cantabile.”

Earlier, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA had been in talks for the same role, but ultimately decided to take up another role in a Korean-Chinese movie “Zai Jian Ani,” as the lead female, Ani.

Shim Eun Kyung will be joining actor Joo WonTiny-G’s Dohee, and Bae Yoon Sik, who have all been confirmed to star in “Cantabile Romance,” which will begin airing this coming October.   

Guest LadyAra

class="entry-title" Shim Eun Kyung FINALLY Confirmed for Cantabile Romance Opposite Joo Won. For Realz. Posted on July 28, 2014 by ockoala Koalaplayground

nyd2.jpg

I’m so gun shy about writing that the female lead for the upcoming Korean remake of Nodame Cantabile has been cast. First off the drama title is now Cantabile Romance since the leading lady’s name will clearly not be Noda Megumi (shortened to the Nodame of the title). Cute if uninspired title but this drama has so many unknowns that the title will be the least of my quibbles. First came the news that Joo Won was cast as the lead to walk in Tamaki Hiroshi‘s big footsteps. Then came works that KBS was courting acclaimed young actress Shim Eun Kyung for the leading lady, with talent that lends confidence she can do the role justice like Ueno Juri did in the Japanese adaptation. Unfortunately Shim Eun Kyung initially declined claiming scheduling conflict with her upcoming movie filming, and that’s when the casting crazy started. News of Yoona‘s casting caused the drama fans to go ape richard simmons in terms of acting ability and image not suiting the character, and in the end she declined to film a C-movie and my gut tells me she ultimately did not want to subject herself to the torrents of criticism sure to come her way. That led KBS back to begging Shim Eun Kyung to take the role, and when I say begging that’s probably an understatement. Finally the wait has paid off and Shim Eun Kyung has just been officially confirmed as the leading lady. Joo Won has let out a massive sigh of relief now. I am watching Cantabile Romance for Shim Eun Kyung’s first drama in 4 years since Bad Guy, and maybe this will cure my Joo Won allergy. [More]

jumpingforjoy.gifYAY.....this is great news! Thanks everyone for the prompt update.

Here's dramabeans highlight news on Shim Eun-kyung's confirmation.

Now what's left are those supporting musician roles plus other role characters....I wonder who will be playing Cha Yoo-jin's (Joo Won's character) vocalist girlfriend.

Guest maea18

0708july said: I found and article said that korean people like shim eunkyung playing as nodame, henry's SUJU-M playing as mine, and another actress (i don't know how to spell her name) playing as kiyora http://t.co/6fOlBnISiJ

YES!!!!!!
Eun Kyung finally confirms it. Wohoooo :X
Joo Won as Chiaki Senpai :X
Eun Kyung as Nodamechan :X
Dohee as Sakura bento girl~
So,who's gonna fit the role Mine ? Kiyora ? Masumi ? and the other orchestra member again ? Wohooooo, i cant wait for october :D :X

adikkeluangman said:

Felicia Soh

said: @fiovial, I highly recommend Henry Lau (SJ-M) to play Mine character since he will be able to portray the character convincingly with his amazing musical talent (violin).  Anyway, he might not be available even if they plan to offer him this role since he will be busy promoting his album and also his other variety show commitment.   "Mine" is one of the important supportive characters in NC and Eita was awesome in that role. His father role is another character that I enjoyed watching - his menu is so hilariously Mine-inspired. 

Another character that will crack us up is the guy in full-blown-afro-hairstyle who played the timpani ...wonder which actor will they choose to play him.  Can't wait for the full list of actors/musicians in this production - the casting director will have his hands full with so many actors to fill in all the musician roles.

Guest fiovial

@"Felicia Soh"‌ I like Henry so I would love to see him as Mine. Having said that Mine is quite a pivotal role. He might be considered the 2nd male lead role? I would love to see Henry as Mine but if he isn't cast I won't be disappointed either.

@yayahime‌ I had a similar reaction...."Oh So Ri"??? I guess her name is meant to be funny?

Oh sorry.... :)) I mean the writer must have known that this drama will be watched internationally, right? Oh So Ri????......at least change her family name. Lee So Ri, Kim So Ri, Jang So Ri, Park So Ri, Hwang So Ri, Jo So Ri, Jeong So Ri..anything but Oh So Ri. OK I take it back So So Ri would be as bad as Oh So Ri :))

Archived