[Drama 2014] Surplus Princess (The Mermaid) 잉여공주

marykarmelina

A bit off topic, though hopefully not too much for this thread, but to add to the mention of "The Originals" using a song that was also on "Surplus Princess," another US show I watch, "Selfie," (and have mentioned along with "My Mad Fat Diary" when describing "Surplus Princess" to friends) used Crayon Pop's "Bar Bar Bar" tonight and I started sliding out of my chair and freaking out over the reminder of "Surplus Princess." 
The cut was too soon, tvN, too soooooon.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aikawaringo

ME too disappointed with the ending.
I actually already feel something off at the beginning episode, how they tell more about HM than SK, but getting more hope after later episode, but still I had a very bad feeling about this, "DID I FALL FOR THE 2ND LEAD???!!" afraid of thatsyndrome... sigh... because in the end I will ended up hurting...

I mean how HN easily swayed in a few episode and a few treated good by him, when mostly he was pretty rude before. She should learn more loyal for her love from Suzy, who love her omg-ugly-bf  instead of falling for Big who loves her and treat her so great!!!
ARGHHHH I can't barely watch the last episode, I've been skipping through it, sigh...
They let me get the bubbly love for the 1-8 episode, how SK slowly open his heart, smile more often than a fake smile like before... the way he laugh...

They should let JA  back to HM, realizing that HM is the love she need. ARGHHHHHH
I dislike the ending, so I only acknowledge 9 episode. Bye ....

PS:
About Song Jae Rim, Actually I didn't recognize him at all...
The last time I saw him in the Moon Embrace the Sun, and Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, and he was so thin back then (and awesomely cool)... xD 
I'm glad he's getting better in his carrier, hope to see him as the male lead. Hope no more role about guy with the person he love being snatch away again ever...

Guest peipeichann

ahh.. i miss this drama.. i loved the chemistry shikyung and hani..
ah,, songjae rim is too handsome..  and i still can't accept they weren't end up together >.<

Can I just cry like right nowww!
I have heard about SP a long time ago and I'm a fan of SJR before this even begin. He is talented and great screen presence. But I have read about they cutting this drama short. Cry again!!! and the ENDING! and the writing..
This drama manage to be my drama crack of the year despite everything that happen within it. Just because it was so sincere, so refreshing, so crack-worthy, so silly, so full of love and soooooo just so...adorkable!!
If the writer didn't lose the steam, then this drama gonna be manage get a higher rating from me and the viewers. I believe the direction of the drama lose itself because lack of support from tvn. Suppose it give the drama more space, more time then it gonna have more breath and more air to fill in.
However, I still watching the drama and have read the recaps in http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot. 
SPOILER..

What a ride!! I love SJR and want him to get Ha Ni not because of him as SJR just because what the writing has driven us to believe. She has so many moments and true feeling with SJR just to be robbed at the end and force us to believe otherwise. *tears rolling*.
This drama has made me squealing, hair-grabbing and pulling and screaming like a madwoman around the house in front of my two small sons.LOL*it never happen before*. It has so many moments that are more than cute, funny, hilarious, creative but through the end, it just force to be ended and some cliche plot.
Still, it worth  a ride and a drama that I can rewatch again.
I STILL and DO believe a squeal is possible!!!

Please!!!

What I believe is,,, Ha Ni is confuse and still have to find her true love and what her heart is meant to be, her vanishing mean that HM is not her true love because Shi Kyung love her for herself and willing to sacrifies himself to not let herself become burden to choose that put her life at stake.
The ending is just.....but it opens lots of possibilty even if it is impossible to have a sequel. Just because I believe and still believe there is not first lead or second lead, it is just her journey of finding true love.

Forget to add Jo Bo Ah is simply amazing!!! I love love love her acting and her chemistry with Song Jae Rim.

She is really something else. They suppose made the main theme of this drama about the mermaid finding her true love instead job-hunting and the mermaid's affairs as backround or squash in since that premise is the strenght of this drama with Jo Bo Ah/Ha Ni and Shi Kyung trying to find each other heart from ep 1. If that the main theme than this drama gonna be sleek and consistent drama.

• 3 months later...
Guest clairemargaretpanganiban_at_gmail.com_stv

I'm really dissapointed because HN and SK didn't end up together. I'm so dissapointed like naaah! Why they didn't gave some time SK to be with HN? to confess his feelings for her and he already knew that she is the one who saved her? They are just focus to "that other guy" and that so made me dissapointed. I tho (SK and HN) they end up together but they are not and because of that I'm looked like fool that I can't acceft the fact that they are not together. I was crying all day night 'coz of that movie. I hope their will be second season and I also hope that SK and HN would be together, that would be so romantic and unforgettable movie of all time if they will be choose SK to be with HN. I'm just sayin' what's in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just finished watch this series.. i like everything about it (especially the parody from drama parody too games parody) except the ending.. i really wish hani ended up with shikyung chef..they are too sweet. while hani n hyunmyung relationships seems forced n rushing too fast. :( and i dont like when in the end Jin Ah seems to get what she wants.. uurrghhh evil people should never get what they want... *flip table*
i love big n meokbang princess relationship :D 

• 1 month later...

In addition to my post I believe that in the heart of Hani, she  love KWS because she disappear inspite of the fact that the 2nd lead loves her. That means a guy that she loves and truly loves her inspite of her looks makes her to become human forever.

KWS have not seen her become mermaid so, this is one of the biggest  flaw of this drama. This is the scene that I'm waiting for at the end but the writer gave me so much disappointment. Anyway, I hope there is a sequel to this drama .

Archived