[Drama 2014] Yoona's Street 유나의 거리 (jTBC)

Bayu Pratama

Hi @suchadiva42
It'll really depend on the availability of subtitles. If it isn't subbed, I will have to pass, which would be very unfortunate as I like both Lee Hee Joon and Kim Ok Bin. They are good actors. The supporting cast is also very solid.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pickpockets make the best neighbors in new JTBC drama Yoo-na’s Streetby girlfriday | May 12, 2014 | 25 Comments

YoonasStreet1.jpg

With JTBC’s current Monday-Tuesday drama Secret Love Affair coming to a close this week, it’s already time to usher in the next series — the quirky crime family comedy (at least I think that’s the genre anyway) called Yoo-na’s Street. It stars Kim Ok-bin (Sword and Flower) as a legendary pickpocket and member of a crime family, and Lee Hee-joon (God of the Workplace) as the sweet mild-mannered new neighbor who falls for her.

Full article: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/pickpockets-make-the-best-neighbors-in-new-jtbc-drama-yoo-nas-street/

class="titleNews"Kim Ok Bin Received Training from a Former Pickpocket for Her Drama Role

2014.05.14 17:52 CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Kim Ok Bin revealed her reason for choosing a ‘pickpocket’ as her new drama character.

Attending press conference for JTBC’s upcoming drama Yoona’s Street at Megabox in Dongdaemun on May 14, the actress said, “I was attracted to the unique character and I thought I could act it out well,” and added, “First, I had my respect for the director and wanted to work with him.”

Kim Ok Bin will be taking on the character of ‘Kang Yoona’ in the drama, who seems to live a normal life working in a café, but has a criminal record as a former pickpocketer.

Kim Ok Bin Received Training from a Former Pickpocket for Her Drama Role

The actress said, “I questioned whether or not I could film a drama again. I’m getting adjusted. It’s a drama like a marathon since it’s 50 episodes long and I’ve been trying hard to learn as I go. I intend to get as much as I can from the seniors, who I respect. A part of me wanted to learn through this project because I know I’m lacking.”

She also revealed that she received special training in order to act out her unique character.

She shared, “I got trained by someone who was a pickpocket in the past. I thought it was the work of one person, but it was much more systemized and organized than I thought. The amount of money they make is also huge. After I got trained, the staff members said to watch out for me,” bringing out laughter.

Meanwhile, Yoona’s Street is set to air on May 19,

Photo credit: enews

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/65779/kimokbin-got-trained-by-a-former-pickpocket

Hey guys Kim Hee Jung is in You're All Surrounded as Lee Seong Gi's mother again! But this time she is only in the first and the fourth episode that is why she couldn't make it to the press conference for her new drama. But anyway, I am excited for her new drama! She is going to be great in it!!!

You know what, I was wondering the same thing until last night! I knew she is one of the important character in the drama that is why I had to search and find why she was not there.

“Yuna’s Street” less than “Secret Love Affair”

The new JTBC drama "Yuna's Street" started off with a very low percentage.According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of "Yuna's Street" rated 1.616%.This is 3.

onsqrm.jpg

The new JTBC drama “Yuna’s Street” started off with a very low percentage.

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “Yuna’s Street” rated 1.616%.

This is 3.7% lesser than the final episode of the “Secret Love Affair” which recorded 5.372%.

SBS “Doctor Stranger” rated 14.0%, KBS 2TV Big Man” 8.1% and MBC “Triangle – Drama” recorded 7.3%.

Meanwhile, the first episode of “Yuna’s Street” introduced the story of the various people living in Yuna’s (Kim Ok-bin) multiplex housing.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20…

This is surprisingly low. Not only it didn't enter Top 20 for General Cable (it ranked 28th acc. to Daum.net), JTBC's audience rating had a huge drop from the time Yoona's Street aired. 
0ZLjrqI.png
The programs you see in black box are the programs before Yoona's Street aired. I guess JTBC News 9 affected YS's ratings because it went overtime last night.

“Yuna’s Street” Lee Hee-joon meets Kim Ok-bin through snatch theft

On the first episode of the new jtbc drama "yuna's street", yuna (kim ok bin) met chang man (lee hee joon) for the first time in a run down café after stealing.

fnhbby.jpg

Lee Hee-joon and Kim Ok-bin met for the first time.

On the first episode of the new JTBC drama “Yuna’s Street“, Yuna (Kim Ok-bin) met Chang-man (Lee Hee-joon) for the first time in a run-down café after stealing someone’s wallet.

Yuna hid from snatch thief Nam-soo (Kang Shin-hyo) and his men in an out-of-business café.

A man followed her inside and tried to turn on the lights but the power was out and Chang-man said in a sleepy voice, “The lights don’t come on”.

The man asked him if he saw a woman and Chang-man said he didn’t.

After checking that the man was gone, Chang-man said towards Yuna, “He’s gone, you can come out”. He knew she was in there.

Yuna asked him for some water but felt pain in her foot and Chang-min helped her to take out the broken piece of glass from it.

Meanwhile, Yuna and Chang-man reunited in a stew restaurant.

Source : www.fnnews.com/newsvi…

I keep checking Viki, DF and KDrama to see if any of them have this drama listed as forthcoming.  So far, nothing.  I guess none of them were able to negotiate a license with jTBC. 

It's really unfortunate because the cast is solid and the premise looks great.  But, after watching ep 1, it seems like there is a lot of dialog, which means subs are definitely needed.  There's no way to figure out what's happening just by the visuals.  :-<

Hopefully, Darksmurf will be our savior.  [-O<

“Yuna’s Street” Lee Hee-joon tests Kim Ok-bin

Lee Hee-joon tempted Kim Ok-bin.Yuna (Kim Ok-bin) and Chang-man (Lee Hee-joon) met again.He mentioned the room which she had introduced to him and asked why it was.

cwokcl.jpg

Lee Hee-joon tempted Kim Ok-bin.

Yuna (Kim Ok-bin) and Chang-man (Lee Hee-joon) met again.

He mentioned the room which she had introduced to him and asked why it was cheap. She answered, “There’s a reason to it. The woman living in that room killed herself”.

Chang-min said, “Then it’s a great deal, but I’ll be having nightmares. I need to think about it. I don’t care where I live, but I need to talk about the owner of the café about moving. I promised him to protect his café so I can’t just leave like that”.

He continued, “But why are you trying to get me a room? It’s hurting my ego. Tell me the truth, are you into me?”

Yuna said, “You’re barking up the wrong tree”.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c…

Source: www.hancinema.net

@bayu Paratama - thank you for starting the thread.

Great seeing some familiar faces here....

I started to watch ep. 1 RAW last night, and I find it intriguing... I wish someone will sub it...

Please PM me if you know where to watch it with subs...Thank you.

Archived