[Movie 2015] INSIDE MEN 내부자들 - Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo, Baek Yoon Sik

rubie

April 3, 2018

Webcomic Series to the Big Screen
7 Highest-grossing Movies Based on Webcomic Series

by HWANG Hee-yun / KoBiz

20180403im.jpg

In Korea, one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world regarding Internet access, people have been used to read comics on websites for a while. The early webcomic series, which were more visual than the recent ones, have been considered a good source of content for films from the beginning. KANG Full’s webcomic series are the most popular. As one of the first webtoonists, KANG Full drew a lot of attention when his works were first made into films, despite his early series being not very successful. Starring KO So-young, horror movie A.P.T (2006) attracted 644,893 moviegoers, while emotional melodrama Crush On You (2008) and Ba:Bo (2008) drew respectively only 730,343 and 974,554 moviegoers. Those results were quite disappointing in comparison of KANG Full's reputation for solid stories, quick development, and emotional codes.

However, films based on webtoons have spurred great growth since 2010. Low-budget film Late Blossom (2011) did well, attracting 1,645,126 moviegoers, and political drama 26 Years (2012) as well as thriller The Neighbors (2012) attracted about 2.5 to 3 million moviegoers each. Moss (2010) and Inside Men (2015) based on YOON Tae-ho’s webcomic series, as well as Secretly Greatly (2013) from CHOI Jong-hoon’s series were box office successes, marking an important step for webcomic series as an original content form in the film industry. Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds (2017), which ranks second in all-time box office in Korea, sparked the interest for webtoons once again. Although the latest webtoon-based releases such as The Chase (2017) and Cheese in the Trap were rather unsuccessful, the Korean film industry remains widely interested in popular webtoons.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 10, 2018

WOO Min-ho Set his Sights on SAIGON after THE DRUG KING

INSIDE MEN Hitmaker Mulls Wartime Drama

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

aeYrwYospCjayppEuYXT.jpg

Inside Men (2015) director WOO Min-ho is looking into the Vietnam War for his next project, which will be called Saigon (literal title). The busy filmmaker is currently putting the final touch on his upcoming crime drama The Drug King, about to hit Korean screens this summer.

Saigon will focus on the Korean involvement during the Vietnam War, as troops are preparing to exit the conflict. 

Following his earlier films Man of Vendetta (2010) and The Spies (2012), director WOO hit the big time with his masterwork political drama Inside Men. Featuring LEE Byung-hun as a political fixer on a quest for revenge, the film attracted 9.15 million viewers (USD 69.09 million) and earned a myriad of prizes, including Best Actor for LEE at the Asian Film Awards.

WOO is now finalizing his fourth film The Drug King, which features SONG Kang-ho as a rising drug kingpin in Busan in the 1970s. The film co-stars BAE Doo-na and JO Jung-suk.

The director received an offer to helm the thriller Fifth Column (Korean title), which was originally going to be directed by WON Shin-yun and is set to star SONG Kang-ho and RYU Seung-ryong, but turned it down in favor of working on Saigon with the same team he used on Inside Men and The Drug King.

WOO’s Saigon project is expected to enter pre-production after the release of The Drug King this summer.

• 1 month later...

Have not seen any mention in English, just Korean media update for now.. but Lee Byung Hun may reunite with Dir. Woo Min Ho (INSIDE MEN) for a new movie, presumably a political thriller. Looks like the collaboration between the two will finally happen after LBH was unable to commit to Dir. Woo's 2018 movie (Drug King, upcoming release with Song Kang Ho)

June 5, 2018

Lee Byung Hun & Woo Min Ho, INSIDE MEN Reunion?

Source: News1Star News ++ (ELBH Google-gist)

article.jpg

According to BH Entertainment on June 5, actor Lee Byung Hun has positively reviewed an offer to appear in Dir. Woo Min Ho's new thriller 'Namsan Managers' (?). The reunion of the record-setting INSIDE MEN combo is quickly becoming a hot topic among industry insiders of Chungmuro.

• 3 months later...

September 14, 2018

Cho Seung Woo Gives High Praise To Jo In Sung, Talks About The Movie He Turned Down 3 Times, And More

Source: Soompi by jun2yng

cho-seung-woo-2.jpg

In a recent V Live broadcast, Cho Seung Woo talked about his upcoming film “Feng Shui” (working title), his acting process, and more.

The actor worked with alongside Jo In Sung for the second time in the upcoming film — the first being the 2003 Korean movie “The Classic” with Son Ye Jin — and had endless praise for him, likening Jo In Sung to “Korea’s DiCaprio.” Cho Seung Woo said, “He’s a great actor. You could put him out there anywhere in the world, and he would be a wonderful actor.”

For Cho Seung Woo, his acting isn’t a product of total immersion. He said, “No matter what role I’m playing, I don’t fall into it deeply. It doesn’t affect my everyday life. I don’t do method.”

The actor also talked about some of his past works. Regarding a potential seasonal format for the tvN drama “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) in which he starred alongside Bae Doona, the actor revealed his love for the drama, saying, “I hope the seasons do continue. Until I grow white hair.”

“Inside Men,” the 2015 film with Lee Byung Hun and Baek Yoon Shik, was one that Cho Seung Woo turned down three times. “It was too much,” said Cho Seung Woo. “It would be the first time that I played a prosecutor, and I felt that it didn’t fit me. When I saw the scenario, it was so impactful. It was a film that frankly addressed the rot in Korean society. Personally, as an ordinary person, I didn’t want to see it. My first reaction was that it made me uncomfortable.”

“Feng Shui” is a film about the genius feng shui expert Park Jae Sang (Cho Seung Woo), who can read the energy of the land to move the fates of humans, and the race to obtain grave sites that are propitious to those seeking the throne. It premieres on September 19.

Source (1) (2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Movie 2015] INSIDE MEN, 내부자들 - Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo, Baek Yoon Sik
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, wanda77 said:

@rubie It will be too much to hope for a reunion Lee Byung Hun, Cho Seung Woo,  Bae Doo Na... 

Hi! Didn't see this post earlier. It can certainly happen, I really like this combo.. let's hope it will. LBH-CSW had a great chemistry in INSIDE MEN and CSW-BDN were awesome in SECRET FOREST. I would love to see LBH acting with BDN. Never say never.. th_no2.gif

As for now.. it's BDN and SKH in the upcoming movie by Dir. Woo Min Ho of INSIDE MEN.. see, the 'connection' is already there. :lol:

Source: Pierce Conran

Here's the first teaser for 70s crime saga DRUG KING. Think Korean SCARFACE with Song Kang-ho and Doona Bae from the director of INSIDE MEN. Hits local theaters December 19, a busy release day alongside AQUAMAN and SWING KIDS.

• rubie changed the title to [Movie 2015] INSIDE MEN 내부자들 - Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo, Baek Yoon Sik
  • 1 month later...

January 18, 2019

Cho Seung Woo sends coffee truck to Dir. Woo Min Ho & Lee Byung Hun at CHIEFS OF NAMSAN filming

Actor Cho Seung Woo who send this coffee truck, was Lee Byung Hun co-star in movie Inside Men, directed by Woo Min Ho. In this movie was this replica at one moment " Drink a mojito in Maldives" but LBH character always said " Drink a Maldives in Mojito" that's why is that #NoMaldives on the board. (thanks to wanda__blue for the translation on IG)

Photos: Lee Byung Hun

Source: HeraldPop

ì´ë¯¸ì§ì¤ì

ì´ë¯¸ì§ì¤ì

Another 'Inside Men' Coffee truck today, photos posted by BH. Snack treats & hot coffee support from actor Kim Dae Myung to Dir. Woo Min Ho & CHIEFS OF NAMSAN cast. KDM was in Inside Men & Drug King, also in Misaeng with actor Lee Sung Min.

LBH's caption: Thank you Daemyung!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Source: Corinne ST-D

‏« Prosecution. Press. gang... » 
Bloody corruption in the South Korean government, business, administration, and law enforcement. The final hour is totally badass • Chameleonic Lee Byung-hun • Inside Men (Woo-Min hoo’s best film, 2015 )  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

INSIDE MEN BROMANCE at 55th Baeksang Arts Awards 2019

Feat. Best Actor 2018 (CSW for Stranger) & Best Actor 2019 (LBH for Mr.Sunshine)

Clip: 이구일 @291_guil

Source: For Cho Seung Woo @forchoswfans

In his acceptance speech, #LeeByungHun said that he received a text from #ChoSeungWoo earlier that evening saying that he wished to call out Lee Byung-hun’s name on stage when presenting the Best Actor Awards. And he did end up doing just that!

D5i6XFuXsAAbYb0.jpg

Photos: Lee Byung Hun

• 2 months later...

July 3, 2019

Theater in Honor of Actor Lee Byung-hun to Be Opened

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2019070301002_0.jpg

A movie theater named after actor Lee Byung-hun will be opened at a multiplex in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province next week, Lotte Cinema said Tuesday.

In celebration of the opening, the movie theater chain will also offer a special screening of Lee's films selected by him -- "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" (2001), "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" (2008), "Masquerade" (2012) and "Inside Men"(2015) -- from July 12 to 18.

Lee will meet fans at the theater in Seongnam, which is his hometown, on July 12 to reflect on his nearly 30-year acting career.

Lee made his debut in a TV series in 1991 and has appeared in various dramas and films along with a couple of Hollywood films like the "G.I. Joe" series and "Terminator Genisys."

20190701lbh.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

October 8, 2019

CGV to Screen Classic South Korean Films Through October 27th.

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1108863.jpg

In recognition of the one hundreth anniversary of South Korea's film industry, CGV will be running screenings from October 14th to October 27th of various classic South Korean films. However, the films in question will skew toward more recent releases, namely major box office performers of recent years, and some of the more well-known titles from the Hallyu Wave period of the late nineties and early two thousands.

The box office section will feature "Haeundae", "The Thieves", "Miracle in Cell No.7", "The Admiral: Roaring Currents", "Veteran", "Train to Busan", "A Taxi Driver", "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds", and "Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days". The melodrama section will include "The Contact", "Christmas in August", "Bungee Jumping of their Own", and "The Classic". The manly section will include "The Big Swindle", "The New World", "The Unjust", and "Inside Men".

Tickets for these movies will only cost six thousand won, half the price of a full priced ticket. Showtimes can be confirmed on CGV's homepage, and free tickets for regular movies will also be handed out to participants in the promotion.

Written by William Schwatz

Archived