[Movie 2013] Hwayi: A Monster Boy 화이: 괴물을 삼킨 아이

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Hwayi: A Monster Boy 화이: 괴물을 삼킨 아이

CQW6M4XWIAA1IKb.jpg

Director : Jang Joon-hwan
Producer : Lee Joon-dong, Lee Dong-ha, Lee Dae-heeScript : Park Ju-seokMusic : Mowg
Cinematography : Kim Ji-youngEditing : Kim Sang-beom, Kim Jae-beomRelease dates :  October 9, 2013
Running time : 126 minutesLanguage : Korean

1240196_519422724801509_58683692_n.jpg?o

CAST 
Yeo Jin-goo - Hwa-yiKim Yoon-seok - Seok-taeJo Jin-woong - Ki-taeJang Hyun-sung - Jin-seongKim Sung-kyun - Dong-beomPark Hae-joon - Beom-sooPark Yong-woo - Detective Chang-hoLee Geung-young - Im Hyung-taekYoo Yeon-seok - Park Ji-wonMoon Sung-keun - CEO JinNam Ji-hyeon - Yoo-kyungSeo Young-hwa - Im Hyung-taek's wifeIm Ji-eun - Young-jooKim Young-min - Detective Jung-minWoo Jung-gook - blind masseurLee Joon-hyuk - police officer who sees Hwa-yi entering the houseHan Sung-yong - police officer checking for drunk driving
Official Website : http://www.hwhy.co.kr
Storyline/Synopsis :About a 16-year-old boy of the same name (played by Yeo Jin-goo) who is raised by five criminal fathers to become the perfect assassin. It takes pulling the trigger to discover his true identity after he realizes the mystery surrounding his past and his fateTrailer :

Awards201321st Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards : Best New Actor (Film) - Yeo Jingoo33rd Korean Association of Film Critics Awards : Best New Actor - Yeo Jin-goo34th Blue Dragon Film Awards  - Best New Actor :Yeo Jin-goo  - Best Music : Mowg
20145th KOFRA Film Awards : Best New Actor - Yeo Jin Goo14th Director's Cut Awards : Best New Actor - Yeo Jin Goo
FESTIVAL 2014 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival : World Fantastic Cinema          Shanghai International Film Festival : Panorama

Guest adikkeluangman

Super Junior Members, Yeo Jin Goo and More to Appear on ‘Superman is Back
Super Junior’s Heechul and Kangin, Yeon Jin Goo, Kim Yoon Suk, Jo Jin Woong and Kim Sung Gyun will be appearing on KBS 2TV’s Superman is Back.
During recent recording of Superman is Back, Super Junior’s Heechul and Kangin made a visit to Lee Hwi Jae’s house to help take care of the twins. 
Having confessed that he has ‘baby phobia,’ Heechul surprised everyone, including himself by falling in love with the twins.

Yeo Gin Goo, Kim Yoon Suk, Kim Sung Gyun and Jo Jin Woong, who acted alongside Jang Hyun Sung in film Hwa Yi, also met with Jang Hyun Sung’s two sons. 
During filming, Jang Hyun Sung’s sons made Yeo Jin Goo nervous by asking, “Where is your girlfriend?”
11712051.jpg
The episode of Superman is Back featuring the special guests will broadcast on March 9.
http://youtu.be/NLktvBJl344
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/60474/superjunior-members-and-others-guest-on-superman-is-back

Guest adikkeluangman

My heart cannot take this. Too much cuteness....
Yeo Jin Goo Makes a Surprise Appearance on “Superman Returns”
yeo-jin-goo-superman-2.png
Yeo Jin Goo is another proof that time flies by as we were reminded again that the actor is no longer a child actor.
On the March 16 broadcast of KBS’ “Superman Returns” Yeo Jin Goo made a surprise appearance on the show when Jang Hyun Sung took his sons to a studio to take part in the commentary for the movie “Hwai: The Child Who Swallowed a Monster.”
Although the children were able to meet prominent actors such as Kim Yoon Suk and Kim Sung Kyun, the children were most shy around Yeo Jin Goo. When Yeo Jin Goo arrived late for the recording of the commentary, the children were nonetheless eager to meet him, even preparing a paper for him to sign. Between Joon Woo and Joon Suh, the oldest Joon Woo was the most embarrassed to meet an actor he recognized. The fact that the oldest son of an actor was embarrassed to meet an actor he knew (as he showed no real emotions when he met the other veteran actors) created a cute scene between the two sons and Yeo Jin Goo.
yeo-jin-goo-superman.jpg
When the youngest son Joon Seo asked Yeo Jin Goo “Did you have a lot of girlfriends?” everyone could not help but laugh as the oldest Joon Woo couldn’t hide his embarrassment. However, with a smile Yeo Jin Goo responded, “I did have a lot of girl friends in the past, but instead of dating, we were just friends.”

The kids also had the opportunity to feel Yeo Jin Goo’s muscular thighs in order to see the actor’s athleticism, once again causing laughter between the actors and the children. When Jang Hyun Sung told Yeo Jin Goo that his eldest son Joon Woo was “jealous of children with older brothers because he did not have one,” Yeo Jin Goo warmly responded, “I’ll visit more often,” lighting up the child’s face.
Hopefully we can see more of Yeo Jin Goo on “Superman Returns.”http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/17/yeo-jin-goo-makes-a-surprise-appearance-on-superman-returns/#.UyanEqj6Pi8

Videos with the five dads.http://youtu.be/2mrNfUKIkJE http://youtu.be/qvz3deBBqhw
Here the videos with Yeo Jin Goo
http://youtu.be/LSNu09ZSpCo http://youtu.be/XCmgmtSi0X4

Guest adikkeluangman

Hwayi cast made appearance in KBS The Return of Superman. Here the videos from KBSW.
The Return of Superman | 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 - Ep.19 (2014.03.30): Start at 1:27:28http://youtu.be/cRjxcYnQkS0 

The Return of Superman | 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 - Ep.20 (2014.04.06): Start at 1.21 markhttp://youtu.be/numTqoidzM8 
Junu finally gets to meet the actor Yeo Jingoo! But he actually becomes really shy that he can't even talk to him.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, Lee Joon, Yeo Jin Goo, and Im Si Wan Go Head to Head for Rookie Award at ‘Paeksang Arts Awards’
It’s that time of the year again to celebrate the best of the best in movie and television with the 50th Paeksang Arts Award taking place. 
The nominees for the 50th Paeksang Arts Awards was recently revealed, highlighting the movies, television shows, and acting performances that were noteworthy in 2013 and 2014.85084934.jpg
In the movie category, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, Yeo Jin Goo, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon, and ZE:A’s Im Si Wan will be competing for the Male Rookie Award
Kim Soo Hyun was also nominated in the Best Actor category for television with Yoo Ah In, Lee Jong Suk, Jo Jae Hyun, and Joo Won. Go Ara, Kim Ji Soo, Kim Hye Soo, Lee bo Young, and Jun Ji Hyun are nominated for Best Actress 
Kim Sung Gyun, B1A4’s Baro, Park Seo Jun, Jung Woo, and Choi Jin Hyuk are nominated for Male Rookie Award for television, while Kyung Soo Jin, Tiny G’s Dohee, Baek Jin Hee, Son Yeo Eun, and Han Groo are up for Female Rookie Award. 
The nominees for best drama are KBS’s Good Doctor, SBS’ I Hear Your Voice, jTBC’s Secret Love Affair, SBS’ You Who Came From the Stars, and tvN’s Reply 1994. 
Face Reader, The Terror Live, The Lawyer, Snow Piercer, and Hope are up for Best Movie. 
The 50th Paeksang Arts Awards will take place on May 27 at the Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace. 
You can check all the nominees here.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/64673/nominations-for-paeksang-arts-awards-revealed
-----Article: 'Baeksang' Kim Soo Hyun vs Kim Woo Bin, head to head as rookies

Source:
 OSEN via Naver

Male rookie category:
Lee Joon - 'Rough Play'
Kim Woo Bin - 'Friend 2'-
Im Siwan - 'The Attorney'
Yeo Jin Goo - 'Hwayi'
Kim Soo Hyun - 'Secretly, Greatly'

1. [+642, -56] Shouldn't it go to Yeo Jin Goo? Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Woo Bin are both good but... Yeo Jin Goo really led the movie in 'Hwayi'.
2. [+392, -69] Kim Woo Bin's not a bad actor but I don't find him on the same level as Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun already has so many huge, high viewer rating works, I was rather surprised he was put in the rookie category. 
3. [+353, -68] I think it'll go to Kim Soo Hyun considering the influence of his works ㅎㅎ
4. [+51, -19] Wasn't Yeo Jin Goo better than those two in 'Hwayi'...? He was not overshadowed at all by Kim Yoon Suk.
5. [+34, -14] In the movie scene, Kim Soo Hyun is a rookie. He led the movie in 'Secretly, Greatly' and even made it a box office hit so the award will go to him. 
6. [+32, -18] Kim Soo Hyun is way ahead of Kim Woo Bin, there is a huge level gap;;; ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+27, -13] Anyone who's seen 'The Attorney' will agree with me that Im Siwan's acting was great...
8. [+26, -10] My vote goes to Kim Soo Hyun...

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/male-rookie-nominees-for-baeksang-arts.html
Beside that Yeo Jin Goo, Kim Sung Kyun and Kim Yoon Seok also nominated in category for Actor Popularity Award. Fans can vote for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

"Hwayi: A Monster Boy" will be remade into an American film as a joint production.
2014051916471787278_1.jpg

On the 18th of May, Lee Jundong, CEO of the production company “Now Films”, met with American film producer Frida Torresblanco in France, Cannes to discuss the process of remaking an American version of the Korean film, “Hwayi: A Monster Boy”.
After the conference held between the two, it was decided that not all of the publication rights would be handed over to the American production company, but instead, Now Films will also take part in the production, making it a joint production.
Several Korean films have been remade by American production companies in the past, such as “Old Boy”, “Into The Mirror” and “The Lake House”, however they did not receive high ratings and were criticized for lacking the degree of completion.
Currently, they have established a limited liability company for the joint production of this remake, and are planning for the funding of the film and potential partners and cast.
http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/86203995113/hwayi-a-monster-boy-will-be-remade-in-to-an-american

Guest adikkeluangman

Cannes: South Korean Crime Drama 'Hwayi' to Get U.S. Remake
hwy_028.jpg

Now Film will co-produce the English-language version with "Pan's Labyrinth" producer Frida Torresblanco.
SEOUL — South Korean crime drama Hwayi: A Monster Boy will get a U.S. remake, with the creators of the original taking part in the production, Korea's Star News reported Monday.
Lee Jun-dong, head of the 2013 movie's production company Now Film, met U.S.-based Spanish producer Frida Torresblanco to discuss the co-production plans at the Cannes Film Festival. Torresblanco has been behind such works as the 2006 Oscar-winning fantasy Pan's Labyrinth.
Lee said he opted to co-produce the English-language version rather than sell rights to a remake as U.S. adaptations of successful Korean titles have often been disappointing.
"We have decided to take part in the production as a collaborator in order to ensure the quality of the remake, rather than simply handing over the storyline," said Lee.
Now Film will be setting up a limited liability company for the project before pursuing funding, casting and other decisions with American partners. It is expected to use a co-production format similar to the one used for Hollywood adaptation of Bong Joon Ho's The Host.
Hwayi is about a teenage boy raised by a band of criminals. One day he is forced to commit a crime and sets out to discover the truth about his past. The Showbox/Mediaplex film is directed by Jang Joon-hwan, who is best known for the cult film Save the Green Planet.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-us-remake-koreas-hwayi-705548

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Sung Kyun went to Baeksang Art Awards yesterday. Both of them didn't win in their respective categories. But here are the pictures when they walk on red carpet. 
Yeo Jin Goo1401206360_704803.jpg
1401187091_704605.jpg
b5447b43ea788cb0f76a56e8d322bd0f.jpg

Kim Sung Kyun. He also wear yellow ribbon.201405271900774114_5384627831633.jpg
2014052701002758100183701.jpg
1401191327_704686.jpg

Hwayi is yet another shockingly memorable noir film. I can't help but think of Oldboy. There's some similar vibes. Not at par but has the same effect. I love the car chasing sequence too. reminds me of Bourne. must be the thrill. 
The cast ensemble delivers a strong performance. ^:)^The bad richard simmons dads are truly remarkable. They are maniacs. Kim Yoon Seok is an amazing actor. I'm not sure if I've seen him before but he definitely shine in Hwayi. He's not really scary. He's.teriffic.and.twisted.Yeo Jin Goo is young but showcased a refined acting. his wide eyed expression, deep voice, cute smile and his tears make up for an awesome Hwayi. He's lucky to be given this material. =D>
Hwayi is so not over. How can a boy suffered this kind of fate? What happens now that his soul is tainted with blood? I really want to know more of Hwayi. Will he really be a monster. Obviously, he did at the end.  :-w

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo wears black tuxedo by LORD AND TAILOR at Baeksang Arts Awards last month.10325577_235024453359338_431354079251613

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Ahn Jae Hyun Reveals He Turned Down Yeo Jin Goo’s Role in Movie “Hwayi: A Monster Boy”
ahnjaehyun.jpg

Model turned actor Ahn Jae Hyun revealed that he received casting offers for the 2013 movie “Hwayi: A Monster Boy” starring Yeo Jin Goo. 
Ahn Jae Hyun said: “My dream was to become a well-known model, and I didn’t really think that I had to act, however I still got a lot of offers to do it. Among the offers I received is for the movie Yeo Jin Goo starred in, ‘Hwayi: A Monster Boy’. I have no experience in acting at that time and so I had to politely decline. This time with the movie ‘Fashion King’, there’s a different representative who recommended me and so it’s a film that I have decided to do.”
When asked about what he thinks about people who says he cannot act, he explained: “I wanted to get my name out there as a model. I wanted to show model Ahn Jae Hyun can act, but this doesn’t mean that I tried acting out of haste. It’s my third year in the modeling business, but it’s not something I have perceived I would be doing since I started. I want to show an image of myself that have already achieved my model dreams to take it another step and try another challenge, which is acting. I still have a lot to learn about acting, from diction to breathing and even vocalization. I think that if I learn the basics, I can try to master acting in the near future.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/07/ahn-jae-hyun-reveals-he-turned-down-yeo-jing-goos-role-in-movie-hwayi-a-monster-boy/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo went to 10th Jecheon International Music and Film Festival held on August 14. Apparently he won or got for Director's Cut Awards [New Actor of the year] for movie Hwayi. 
201408152236152810_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201408152236152810
Hope there will be an article translated about this. 

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Nominees for 51st Grand Bell Awards Announced
The nominees for the upcoming 51st Grand Bell Awards were announced. The ceremony will take place at KBS Hall on November 21.
grand-bell-nominees.jpg

The Grand Bell Awards celebrate is an award ceremony held every year that is presented by The Motion Pictures Association of Korea, to celebrate the year’s finest films. It is also the country’s oldest film awards.
“The Attorney” and “Roaring Currents” led this year’s nomination race, with “The Attorney” earning 11 nominations and “Roaring Currents” with 10.
Below are the list of nominees for the main awards of this year’s Grand Bell Awards.
Best Film:“A Hard Day”“Roaring Currents”“The Attorney”“Hope““Whistle Blower“
Best Director:Kang Hyung Chul (“Tazza – Hand of God“)
Kim Sung Hoon (“A Hard Day”)Kim Han Min (“Roaring Currents”)Lee Joon Ik (“Hope”)Lim Soon Rye (“Whistle Blower”)
Best Actor:Kang Dong Won (“Kundo: Age of the Rampant“)Park Hae Il (“Whistle Blower”)Song Kang Ho (“The Attorney”)Jung Woo Sung (“The Divine Move“)Choi Min Sik (“Roaring Currents”)
Best Actress:Son Ye Jin (“The Pirates“)
Shim Eun Kyung (“Miss Granny“)Um Ji Won (“Hope”)Jun Do Yeon (“Way Back Home“)Chun Woo Hee (“Han Gongju“)
Best Supporting Actor:Kwak Do Won (“The Attorney”)
Kim In Kwon (“The Divine Move”)Yoo Hae Jin (“The Pirates”)Lee Kyung Young (“Whistle Blower”)Jo Jin Woong (“A Hard Day”)
Best Supporting Actress:Kim Young Ae (“The Attorney”)
Ra Mi Ran (“Hope”)Yoon Ji Hye (“Kundo: Age of the Rampant”)Jo Yeo Jung (“Obsessed“)Han Ye Ri (“Seafog“)
Best New Actor:Park Yoo Chun (“Seafog”)
Ahn Jae Hong (“The King of Jokgu“)Yeo Jin Goo (“Hwayi“)Im Si Wan (“The Attorney”)Choi Jin Hyuk (“The Divine Move”)
Best New Actress:Kim Sae Ron (“A Girl at My Door“)
Kim Hyang Gi (“Elegant Lies“)Lee Som (“Scarlet Innocence“)Honey Lee (“Tazza – Hand of God“)Lim Ji Yeon (“Obsessed”)
Best New Director:Shim Sung Bo (“Seafog”)
Yang Woo Suk (“The Attorney”)Lee Do Yoon (“Good Friends“)Lee Soo Jin (“Han Gongju”)Jung Joo Ri (“Girl at My Door”)
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/11/nominees-for-51st-grand-bell-awards-announced/
This movie was last year but why it got nominated. Hurm.. anyway yeay for Yeo Jin Goo got nominated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo receives his legal identification card
Actor Yeo Jin Goo recently made an appearance at the 34th Hand-Printing Ceremony and revealed that he has received his legal identification card.
On November 23rd, Yeo Jin Goo attended the 34th Hand-Printing Ceremony with fellow recipients of the Blue Dragon Movie Awards. During the event, Yeo Jin Goo was asked if the rumor about receiving his legal identification card (when a Korean citizen has come of age) was true. In response, the high school student and actor excitedly responded with, “Yes, I got it this October.”
B3KO9BGCIAACe6H.jpg

In addition, a reporter asked, “Do you want to shoot a romantic film with an actress?” to which the actor shyly responded while stammering and smiling, “Uhh…I…yes I do.” Shortly after, Director Bong Man Dae, who is known for romantic films with a high level of nudity said, “I’ll give you my number so call me,” causing the audience to burst into laughter.
Yeo Jin Goo has previously worked in the dramas such as I Miss You, The Moon Embracing The Sun, Tree with Deep Roots and many more. 
http://www.koreaboo.com/interviews/yeo-jin-goo-receives-legal-identification-card/

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman
Actor Park Hae Joon or BuSoo (one of 5 Hwayi fathers) in movie Hwayi left an encouragement note for Yeo Jin Goo new movie 'Shoot Me In The Heart'.
10940443_879156262107359_656103667556600

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[shoot Me In The Heart] VIP Premiere

Park Hae Joon and Nam Ji Hyun went to movie premiere to cheer for Yeo Jin Goo.

Archived