[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest ladyjjang

I've seen/ watched kdramas since 2002 and only a few I really liked, aside from the story plot what matters most to me is the great chemistry of the leads, how they portray their characters and the supporting cast blending in their lives. I'm also fetish about how the leads looked in the camera since some actors/ actress are artificially enhanced (it may appeal to some but not to me). Its refreshing to see that JH and JNR still has all the elements (chemistry, natural beauty and great acting) like fine wine, the older it gets the better. :)

Guest ladyjjang

gumi said: the2watery said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Fated to Love You" Episode 20 (final)

"Fated to Love You" has come to a heartwarming end. It was very neatly concluded. This finale's ending was the victim of a lack of material as it crawled along to the finish. Despite that, it was still satisfying to see Geon and Mi-young get their happy ending and live as a family with everyone who is important to them. The finale does not reflect the rest of the drama, which, in general, moved along at a decent clip.

The episode was packed with sappy romantics and a reliving of the Macau incident that began the fated relationship. While some good-feeling moments and romantic scenes always welcome, the episode was comprised of nearly all such scenes that contained very little plot material. "Fated to Love You" began to lose steam last episode, which foreshadowed the stall in this episode. Again, this is satisfying to watch, it's just not very satisfying to write about. [more]

ladyjjang said: gumi said: the2watery said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Fated to Love You" Episode 20 (final)

"Fated to Love You" has come to a heartwarming end. It was very neatly concluded. This finale's ending was the victim of a lack of material as it crawled along to the finish. Despite that, it was still satisfying to see Geon and Mi-young get their happy ending and live as a family with everyone who is important to them. The finale does not reflect the rest of the drama, which, in general, moved along at a decent clip.

The episode was packed with sappy romantics and a reliving of the Macau incident that began the fated relationship. While some good-feeling moments and romantic scenes always welcome, the episode was comprised of nearly all such scenes that contained very little plot material. "Fated to Love You" began to lose steam last episode, which foreshadowed the stall in this episode. Again, this is satisfying to watch, it's just not very satisfying to write about. [more]

ladyjjang said: gumi said: There are only a "few" or handful I might say people out there who criticizes FTLY and it means they are trying to delve deeper on this drama for flaws because the truth is FTLY is entertaining, fun and better than the original (its cornier hehe) even worth to watch again. They just can't admit how this romcom is far by the best for 2014 and internationally appealing as well. 

Guest lovelyjen

I'm going to have to agree with @gumi here. Some people view this drama too critically and dislike things that don't really matter. I understand if you didn't like the fact that they didn't do their research on HD properly because that was something that should have been planned out from the beginning. Some people though thought it dragged too much or they didn't understand certain motivations of a character. Does it really matter? I usually watch dramas to enjoy myself, enjoy  what's going on, not judge everything that happens. Really, it's not a bad drama at all, some people need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. I mean if you are a professional critic, then go ahead, I don't mind what you say because, hey, you are probably right.
I'm not talking about Han Cinema at all, since that's their job, but random people that don't really know what they are talking about.
Sorry, if I made you angry, but that is just my opinion, that might be different from yours/

akinahana89 said: lovelyjen
I didn't answer your question about favorite character besides Geon, Mi Young, and Gaedong because I was contemplating who I would consider my fourth favorite. There were many likeable characters, but all with different reasoning. In the end though, I think my favorite is Secretary Tak.

(Yoeda is going to call me out on writing too much again..... Hahaha.)

lovelyjen said: I'm going to have to agree with @gumi here. Some people view this drama too critically and dislike things that don't really matter. I understand if you didn't like the fact that they didn't do their research on HD properly because that was something that should have been planned out from the beginning. Some people though thought it dragged too much or they didn't understand certain motivations of a character. Does it really matter? I usually watch dramas to enjoy myself, enjoy  what's going on, not judge everything that happens. Really, it's not a bad drama at all, some people need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

I'm going to have to agree with @gumi here. Some people view this drama too critically and dislike things that don't really matter. I understand if you didn't like the fact that they didn't do their research on HD properly because that was something that should have been planned out from the beginning. Some people though thought it dragged too much or they didn't understand certain motivations of a character. Does it really matter? I usually watch dramas to enjoy myself, enjoy  what's going on, not judge everything that happens. Really, it's not a bad drama at all, some people need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. I mean if you are a professional critic, then go ahead, I don't mind what you say because, hey, you are probably right. 
I'm not talking about Han Cinema at all, since that's their job, but random people that don't really know what they are talking about.

Guest lovelyjen

stuartjmz said: lovelyjen said: I'm going to have to agree with @gumi here. Some people view this drama too critically and dislike things that don't really matter. I understand if you didn't like the fact that they didn't do their research on HD properly because that was something that should have been planned out from the beginning. Some people though thought it dragged too much or they didn't understand certain motivations of a character. Does it really matter? I usually watch dramas to enjoy myself, enjoy  what's going on, not judge everything that happens. Really, it's not a bad drama at all, some people need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

itzibitzispider said: @lovelyjen‌ @gumi‌ @"Kara Keith"‌ @heppy‌ @ladyjjang‌ @kdramaddict01‌ @LieS @MaurienL‌ @aaa1188‌ @Kdrama-lover‌ 
 And whoever is watching tomorrows episode 1 ... : I have a little suggestion to make it more a together ;)
One of us/you should give the word, so that we start the episode together, as we might all have out clocks a tad bit different, which is normal, but it would be so strange if some are on minute 5 and the others start or wait 
am I to german there??? 

I am in Singapore.... one hour behind Seoul... shall we have make our group date at 10pm Korean time? it will be hard for those who are in the US though....... 

Kara Keith said: I think, I''m the only one who watched Secret Garden and have Sega Syndrome,,, :(( I will not do any comparison between Secret Garden and Fated To Love You, This two amazing drama , I love them equally... :x I love Kim Joo Won, I love Lee Gun... I love Jang Hyuk, I love Hyun Bin.. :x I discovered SG super late it was July 2011, I have sleepless nights just to finished it right away.. I fell in love with the story coz its about destiny too but I dont like KJW's mom.. In Fated to Love You, it was a great impact to me.. I go gaga and its my first Kdrama that I follow even if its still airing coz usually I let the series be completed before I will watch it,,,...I love FTLY, no crazy villain , I love the story, Family oriented and etc.. My heart flutters in both drama, I feel butterflies in my stomach, I fell in love, I go crazy.. :x :x :x

@Hesperide It could be that they're only available in Korea. :/ Or else, I would use them in all my sentences. :D

Ah, I'm so envious! I could never join in on the on-air broadcast because of my timezone (6AM-- time to get up for work). But you bet, I will be keeping up with each episode since I've been itching to re-watch since last Thursday. @lovelyjen, I happen to be a person who loves quotes and I also planned to collect my favorites during this second round. I remember that there were many, many that stood out to me.

@akinahana89 Sec. Tak > Anson, hands down! It's hard not to compare because it just makes the TW seem less appealing, when in reality the characterizations were fit for each respective story. Anson is one character I had looked forward to seeing here, and Sec. Tak was more than expected in the most positive light. In fact, I can even say that each "bad" quality in the original characters were turned positive in this version, which is a defining point when looking at the two side by side.

That leads me to the discussion of Gun topping the Kdrama Male Lead list. My opinion is probably invalid since I don't watch Kdramas regularly now (becoming more selective with age), although I do follow the line-ups. But even then, I realize my favorite heros from the early 2000s to early 2010s weren't the "best" in terms of characteristics and as a person in whole. That is exactly what separates Gunnie from them and the rest: He comes with a pure, kind heart from the beginning and continues to show us that throughout the drama. It's not his comics nor flamboyance, but his innocent good heart that is his true nature (much like Miyoung's kindness). He never tries to deny fault, never blames anyone, never calculates suspicions (alright, he had protective reasons to suspect Daniel, but that was also out of jealousy and it never grew malicious, it grew to respect actually). He just accepts his faults and takes responsibility. That is just... NOBLE. I believe this is the real defining line in Gun and his TW counterpart (and many other male leads). So, not that he is at the top of the list, but he's in a league all his own. O:-)

...Goodness, I just talk! X_X

I have to agree with @stuartjmz... I think its just as fine to gush about how great and awesome and the best rom-com (which is still an opinion technically) that FTLY kversion is), as it is to also criticize where they think it went wrong. Let's be real, FTLY is far far from perfect and eventually another rom-com will come along that people think trumps this one. I think plot line is very critical to a story. When it drags, it sucks. If nothing, writers will not improve if they don't get proper criticism on their work. I am willing to overlook a lot of things because I love the lead actors or simply love them in their roles. But ultimately that doesn't take away from the fact that there were a lot of shortcomings in terms of the story. They are banking on the fact that I love the actors enough to overlook a lot of things. Each drama touches each one of us differently so even if they aren't a professional critic, I don't think there is anything wrong with stating things that they want to harp on - unless we are talking about trolls. That's different. I personally wouldn't want to say that you just need to sit back and relax and enjoy it... maybe it's just not the right time or not the right cup of tea for them, I guess unless I knew them personally really well to know their habits. This is just me and my opinion - I love the fanservice in this drama, and wouldn't exchange it for dragging out the conflicts. But the writing could have been a lot, a lot tighter. Maybe some people have just high expectations :) Sometimes, it's all about managing the expectations. 

Guest lovelyjen

Oh, I know that there are things wrong with the drama, my example with HD being one of them. The fact that there should have been more time spent on other characters, etc. Like I explained above though, just because you don't know something that is going on in the drama does not give a person the right to say they didn't like it. I never once said this drama is perfection, but no need to bring it down just because of that. I just agreed with @gumi about the fact that some people criticize for the wrong reasons.
For a moment, let's pretend I don't like FTLY. I don't like it because they refused to correct the HD situation, because I don't like that they used amnesia to chase MY away, they could have used something else. These are valid reasons to not like FTLY. Not, I didn't understand why character A did this, because I don't understand, this is stupid.

I'm going to not talk about this anymore, let's talk about something else.
A reminder to those that are rewatching episode 1, 11 hours to go!!!
:D

Guest ladyjjang

stuartjmz said: ladyjjang said: gumi said: There are only a "few" or handful I might say people out there who criticizes FTLY and it means they are trying to delve deeper on this drama for flaws because the truth is FTLY is entertaining, fun and better than the original (its cornier hehe) even worth to watch again. They just can't admit how this romcom is far by the best for 2014 and internationally appealing as well.