[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Yi0481 said: Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart!

@Miky88‌ yes I share your same hope too - that they give it an update, and make the characters their own. I was a bit disappointed with the movie remake Cold Eyes because they used such similar characters it was hard not to compare. I mean, simon Yam was great. Hard to beat him. But Jung Woo Sung was flipping awesome. Totally owned it. I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!

Guest mdolphins

@Yi0481 said: Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart! 

I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!

Guest fiovial

So glad to hear more news and the reopening of the thread. Excited to see Jang Jang couple plus CJH. Hopefully we'll hear news of 2nd female lead soon.

Filming for the drama is supposed to start in May so only a couple of weeks left. Hoping for lots of updates from MBC by then.

@mdolphins‌ don't worry..Hyukie (Jang) is used to working with actors taller than him (such as Oh Ji Ho in chuno) and still able to show his charisma with no problem. Nara too has had tall costars in the past (choi daniel, ryu jin) and they didn't look awkward at all.

@Yeekrfan2‌ ah those screen caps bring back good memories of Ki Tae and Yang Soon. The Jang Jang couple were so cute then.

fiovial said: So glad to hear more news and the reopening of the thread. Excited to see Jang Jang couple plus CJH. Hopefully we'll hear news of 2nd female lead soon. Filming for the drama is supposed to start in May so only a couple of weeks left. Hoping for lots of updates from MBC by then. @mdolphins‌ don't worry..Hyukie (Jang) is used to working with actors taller than him (such as Oh Ji Ho in chuno) and still able to show his charisma with no problem. Nara too has had tall costars in the past (choi daniel, ryu jin) and they didn't look awkward at all. @Yeekrfan2‌ ah those screen caps bring back good memories of Ki Tae and Yang Soon. The Jang Jang couple were so cute then.

Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character
class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Confirmed: Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will star in Fated to love you remakePosted on April 2, 2014 by Drama Fan | 19 Comments      3 Votes

20140402-212100.jpg

It is confirmed. Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will be the leads in the upcoming remake of taiwanese drama Fated to love you. Here is some information from different publications

Plot: An ordinary woman happens to spend one night with the successor of a large company. She finds herself being pregnant…..

Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is a plain girl who lacks charm, lacks a lover, lacks money. She will receive a fancy travel ticket by chance and get involved in a mischievous fate.

It will be broascasted on MBC after A New Leaf

Team involved:
PD: Lee Dong Yoon (Queen’s Classroom, The Greatest Love)
Writers: Joo Chan Ok and Choi Jin Gook (Soulmate, Hello Francheska)

Sources
Korean
http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20140403000128&md=20140403082212_BC

Korean
http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=31696

English
http://asianwiki.com/Fated_To_Love_You_(Korean_Drama)

Guest fiovial

yoeda said: Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character
class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is a plain girl who lacks charm, lacks a lover, lacks money. She will receive a fancy travel ticket by chance and get involved in a mischievous fate.

Guest Narda

Why? Why? Why?Why are they demoting CJH second lead when he just came from being a lead in Emergency Couple? -.-I hope he's not confirmed for this. Hehe.
I love FTLY! I hope jang couple lives up to the orig.But.. but.. I was hoping for a younger actor to play the role.No offense to Jang Hyuk (I love him in his movies) 

Guest fiovial

@Narda It's quite common for actors or actresses to take a secondary role after a leading role. A couple examples -- Yoon Kye Sang (after lead role in Who Are You he took on supporting role in Triple, Road No 1 and The Greatest Love), Yoo In Na (after Queen In Hyun's Man she took on 2nd lead in You're The Best Lee Soon Shin and My Love From The Star). It's not necessarily a bad move for CJH to go from a lead role in a cable drama to a 2nd lead in an MBC drama.
I won't worry about the ages either. I'm sure the characters in this drama are aged up compared to the Taiwanese version. I'm thinking late 30s for Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk), early/mid 30s for Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra) and early/mid 30s for Choi Jin Hyuk's character.
I'm not that good in making posters but here are two posters that I made anyway hehehesvstfN5.jpg
ml50oOx.jpg

Narda said: Why? Why? Why?Why are they demoting CJH second lead when he just came from being a lead in Emergency Couple? -.-I hope he's not confirmed for this. Hehe.
I love FTLY! I hope jang couple lives up to the orig.But.. but.. I was hoping for a younger actor to play the role.No offense to Jang Hyuk (I love him in his movies) 

Guest Cielo Azul

fiovial

said:

yoeda

said: Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character

class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Guest Cielo Azul

i'm hoping they dont leave out his little furball and find her counterpart.. she acted so well. lol.. 
jibaobei-1.jpg

here's one with Saint Dylan 
ap_F23_20080616072819866.jpg

:\">

Guest fiovial

@"Cielo Azul"‌ my bad ....I never watched the taiwanese version so thank you for correcting my assumption :) . I hope the drama keeps the whole dying young thing since it might be interesting.

More casting news...on my phone right now..hopefully someone else can post the pic and article from this link

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20140424091804852

Basically Jung Eun-pyo has been cast in the drama. His role is described as the cupid to Jjang couple. He will play the role of Nara's family member and one that supports the couple. The role is a comedic role.

Park Won-sook has been cast as Hyuk mom and Song Ok-sook has been cast as Nara's mom.

Seems like a bit different from the tw family description? I read that in the tw version the male lead has no parents?

Choi Jin-hyuk courted to join Fated to Love You by girlfriday | April 23, 2014 | 86 Comments

ChoiJinHyuk5.jpg

Now that Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara have confirmed that they’ll be reuniting for the summer romantic comedy drama Fated to Love You, the offer has been made to Choi Jin-hyuk (Emergency Couple) to play the second lead. He’s considering favorably, though there are currently other offers on his plate. I don’t really want Choi Jin-hyuk to play a second lead in dramas anymore, but perhaps the project is too tempting to pass up. I do like him in rom-coms, so I can’t exactly complain about it if he joins the cast of an upbeat show.

Fated to Love You is a remake of the 2008 Taiwanese drama of the same name, about a couple forced into a contract marriage after a one-night stand gets them pregnant. Jang Hyuk plays the chaebol heir with a prickly shell, and Jang Nara plays the weak heroine whose only good trait is her kindness (grooooan).

If he signs on, Choi Jin-hyuk will play the other guy who falls for Jang Nara and has a one-sided love for her. I can already feel the line forming for the second lead support group. Will there be hugs and free cookies?

Fated to Love You will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays on MBC, following A New Leaf (which follows Sly and Single Again). It premieres in July.

Via My Daily

fiovial said: @"Cielo Azul"‌ my bad ....I never watched the taiwanese version so thank you for correcting my assumption :) . I hope the drama keeps the whole dying young thing since it might be interesting. More casting news...on my phone right now..hopefully someone else can post the pic and article from this link http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20140424091804852 Basically Jung Eun-pyo has been cast in the drama. His role is described as the cupid to Jjang couple. He will play the role of Nara's family member and one that supports the couple. The role is a comedic role. Park Won-sook has been cast as Hyuk mom and Song Ok-sook has been cast as Nara's mom. Seems like a bit different from the tw family description? I read that in the tw version the male lead has no parents?

Jang Hyuk's character description is interesting!  I found the Taiwanese version on Drama Fever but I'm trying not to watch it before I watch the Korean one. Unless my curiosity wins :P
Being second lead does not always mean inferior, especially if they have superb cast for the leads ^^  Now JH has been cast, I can't think of any younger actor to fill in his role kekeke