[Drama 2014] Into the Flames 불꽃속으로

irilight

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korean Drama To Watch

The Heirs…My Love from the Stars…Do you remember the Korean dramas that swept our hearts in 2014? Korean soap operas are taking the world by storm and even influencing foreigners to learn Korean and Korean culture. After the female lead from My Love from the Stars, Jun Ji-hyun, mentioned “beer and fried chicken” in one episode, it significantly boosted chicken & beer sales in China. -

11-1024x672.jpg

Pictured here: Production presentation with the stars of Into the Flames

Dramas are being translated into multiple languages so that audiences beyond the domestic market can follow all the latest “K-dramas”. It is amazing to see this change in perception especially when one considers the war-stricken country that Korean was 60 years ago. Did you know that a huge turning point and growth driver for the Korean economy was… the steel industry?

Into the Flames, which begins to air this month on TV Chosun, attempts to dramatize the true story of the founding of POSCO, Korea’s leading steelmaker, during Korea’s more turbulent times.

Into the Flames, the dramatized founding story of POSCO

ggggg.jpg

Into the Flames takes place during the 1960~70s with Korea depicted as a poor, war-ravaged country. It is during this period that Korea began to modernize as passions transformed into reality. The dreams of the self-made man, the equivalent of the ‘American Dream’, was very much alive during this period. The beginnings of POSCO took place precisely during these times. -

The Story of Koreans Reaching for the Impossible

31-1024x672.jpg

Into the Flames portrays the success story of one individual, Taehyung Park, who contributes greatly to the Korean economy. The story begins in Japan where Taehyung Park grows up beneath poor parents. During high school, he befriends Daechul Shin while playing Judo. The two friends meet a Japanese girl named Kumiko and fall in love with her. With her help, the two boys find work at a local steel plant. It is here that Taehyung Park discovers the intrigue of the steel industry. -

41-1024x672.jpg

Like all beloved Korean dramas, Into the Flames has its share of lost love, challenges and dramatic twists. From the looks of it, there might be a love triangle forming between Taehyung Park, Daechul Shin and Kumiko. We can’t wait! -

51-1024x672.jpg

Pictured here: Daechul Shin (played by Jin Ryu), Kumiko (played by Taeyoung Sohn) and Taehyung Park (Played by Soojong Choi) are the main characters that star in Into the Flames -

Later on in the story, the president of Korea sits down with Taehyung Park and proposes the idea of establishing a steel mill in Korea to rejuvenate the Korean economy. After deep contemplation, Taehyung Park charismatically says, “I will do it. I will try building a steel mill in this nation.” By overcoming hardships from the Japanese occupation and Korean War, he later establishes a steel mill which sets the stage for the beginning of POSCO. -

61-1024x672.jpg

Behind-the-Scenes of Into the Flames

To capture the essence of this rich history, drama sets were created to imitate scenes of Pohang as well as at the former Blue House (President’s home) in Gyeongsangbuk-do region of Korea. -

7-1024x369.jpg

Filming of the drama also involved very real action! The main character of the drama, Taehyung Park, played Judo during his youth. Therefore the young actors had to go through special training 3 to 4 times a week for an entire month in order to make the acting as real as possible.

9-1024x672.jpg

The drama was very action packed with car explosions and helicopter appearances. For the scene with the car explosion, the film crew had to use a crane to bring the car down the cliff. We can expect a very intense drama to unfold, right? -

10-1024x672.jpg

111-1024x672.jpg

Apparently the helicopter used during the filming is the same model as what Queen Elizabeth rides!  How exciting. We are curious about what role it plays in the drama episodes. -

12-1024x672.jpg

The first airing of the drama is set for April 25th! We hope you are as excited as we are. Let us know what you think! -

Source: Posco Official Blog

Ryu Jin Appears in "Into the Fire"

ryu-jin-appears-in-into-the-fire.jpg?w=6

Actor Ryu Jin is appearing in "Into the Fire".

Comprehensive channel TV Chosun released this fact saying that "Ryu Jin will play the role of Shin Dae Chul."

"Into the Fire" is about the success story and their love and loyalty as they overcome poverty and despair into economic development as it is a human story.

Shin Dae Chul who is played by Ryu Jin thinks that he is going to make a sacrifice for his friend but he doesn't make that sacrifice explicit on the outside and is a character with a great personality that's chill.  The protagonist Park Tae Hyung (played by Choi Soo Jong) is his childhood friend but he stays next to Kumiko (played by Son Tae Hyung) that loves Tae Hyung and conflicts between friendship and love as it pushes Kumiko and Tae Hyung to an edge.

The management said, "Shin Dae Chul getse conflicted between his only friend Tae Hyung and his love Kumiko.  Ryu Jin is the best person to take the role as he changes coldly for love and respect."

Ryu Jin said, "Shin Dae Chul and Tae Hyung are friends that went through everything together but they walk in different paths.  The conflicts in the drama are well represented and it will be interesting to see this great effort."

Meanwhile, "Into the Fire" which has started its official filming will be broadcast in April.

Source: KDramaStars

"Into the Fire" TV Chuson Featuring the late Park Tae-Jun

into-the-fire-tv-chosun-finalized.jpg?w=

TV Chosun will be featuring the life story of the late Park Tae Joon who was the honorary preside not Posco through the drama "Into The Fire."

TV Chosun said, "The story of iron king Park Tae Joon which is a true story will be broadcast next April through "Into the Fire." 

"Into the Fire" was a drama that was originally planned to be broadcast as "Iron King" with the rela life character Park Tae Joon.  This will be the successor to the TV Chosun mini series economy drama and will be a 20 episode series.

"Iron King" was scheduled to be aired last year by KBS by it was caught in a controversy that with the presidential election, it might be favorable to a certain candidate and was delayed.

TV Chosun said, "This drama was centered on the real life person "Iron King CEO Park Tae Joon who did not succumb to the dire reality and a generation of disappointment and led the impossible to success." "Various fictional elements will be added to show how the protagonist becomes a "Man of Steel" and it will show the growth process of Korea as the iron industry success legend."

Source KDramaStars

TV Chosun’s period drama Into the Fire prepares for (delayed) premiere

intothefire6.jpg
Full article on Dramabeans

"Into the Flames" Upcoming Drama posters, trailers,and preview.

feat19.jpg

Bride Of The Century put TV Chosun on the map for lots of international fans and they’ve got another drama for us.

Here’s what it’s about according to DramaWiki:

A human story based on true life of the late Park Tae Joon, founder and honorary chairman of POSCO, about the love, loyalty and sacrifice among people who create success overcoming despair and poverty after colonial era and the Korean War.

It’s important to note that the main character in the drama played by Choi Soo Jong is called Park Tae Hyung so they will definitely be taking some creative license here.

The first episode is scheduled for April 25th on TV Chosun.

Trailers, and  source on Couch Kimchi

Kim Ye-won-I and Kim Kwon in "Into The Flames"

photo428972.jpg

Kim Kwon and Kim Ye-won-I met for the first time.

"Into The Flames" revealed pictures of lead stars Park Tae-hyeong (Kim Kwon) and Kumiko (Kim Ye-won-I).

Park Tae-hyeong and Kumiko met right before the Japanese Student Judo Competition. Despite his exceptional ability, Park Tae-hyeong had to be the Judo team's errand boy as they were prejudice against the Joseons. One day, there was a gun battle where he saves Kumiko, who is the only daughter of a wealthy plutocrat company called Sinsekai. Kumiko starts showing interest in Tae-hyeong and he begins to fall for her, too.

Kim Kwon and Kim Ye-won-I shot the gun battle scene. They were able to successfully film this difficult scene as safety became a priority for the two young stars.

Meanwhile, "Into The Flames" is a success story about Park Tae-hyeong who overcomes poverty and despair, in an attempt to construct steelwork for the financial development of Korea. To be broadcasted at 11PM Friday.

Source: Hancinema

@omgomo13, welcome to the thread and thank you so much for the OST by Lee Ki-Chan. It is certainly more fun with others' contributions.

I always loved his voice and singing and this one is no exception. I love it...

I found the translation of the lyrics into English:

339739.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

INTO THE FLAMES OST, LEE KI CHAN class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 33px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; margin: 0px 0px 12px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.0909090909; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgb(43, 43, 43); font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"LEE KI CHAN – THOUGH THERE IS PAIN (아픔이 있어도) INTO THE FLAMES OST

Even after time passes
Tears flow down once again
When the seashore follows the road
You are waiting

I sing without knowing
I sing about the flowers of the world
This body has lost its mind
As it goes back to that time

I look at the ocean
I look at the sky
But I just see you smiling
Calling me to you once again

The whole world is a festival
The whole world is excited
But the times that you left me are so cruel

I look at the ocean
I look at the sky
But I just see you smiling
Calling me to you once again

The whole world is a festival
The whole world is excited
But the times that you left me are so cruel

Source:: pop!gasa-kpop translation lyrics

OST Part 1 is now uploaded into YouTube

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"Lee Ki Chan (이기찬) - 아픔이 있어도 [into The Fire OST]
http://youtu.be/fSMEQv884ys

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee In Hye Dramatically Turns in to an Old Lady for “Into the Flames”

%EC%9D%B4%EC%9D%B8%ED%98%9C.jpg

Recent photos of actress Lee In Hye shocked many as the usually youthful actress took on the role of an old lady. The role involved not only acting, but the complete look from head to toe. The actress’ role in the TV Chosun drama “Into the Flames” required the actress to play the wife of actor Choi Soo Jung.

%EC%9D%B4%EC%9D%B8%ED%98%9C-2.jpg

As the actress filmed her scene back in April 3, Lee In Hye was able to draw praise from those on set for her ability to perfectly digest her role. A drama representative expressed, “We worried that it would be too much for Lee In Hye as she had to dress up as an old lady and speak English right from the beginning of filming, but she brought in admiration from all the staff as she was able to match her voice with the age she was playing.”

Furthermore, in regards to her acting Lee In Hye commented, “I don’t have a lot of air time since this drama is focused on the male actors. Yet, I will do my best to leave a lasting impression through my role.”

“Into the Flames” aired its first episode on April 25.

Source: Soompi

@irilight,... Thanks for the updates on this drama I had planned to watch this one also.. As I told suchadiva.. All the good dramas are playing on the weekends now so my weekend are pretty full with dramas alone.. 
This drama should be really good coming out of war and how the rich become born.. The actor who played in president he always plays in good dramas with good roles so I assume he always play a serious character so he will be the main lead 

@aquria,.....Found the new drama Eye Candy  will be playing in...

Choi Chul-Ho as Choi Jong-Ho

He cleans up real nice in this drama...:P

Lee Ki Chan more eye candy..

Ryu Jin as Shin Dae-Cheol : This drama is full of eye candy I might go blind..

@aquaria, The drama is called into the flames from the description it's a true story.. This should be very interesting..   I know it will be subbed don;t know what sites will be subbing but I'll let you know once I find out if your interested.. It comes on fri and sat nights..  Just let me know..

@irilight,... I also like to thank you for opening this thread..

Archived