[Drama 2014] Into the Flames 불꽃속으로

irilight

INTO THE FLAMES
aka INTO THE FIRE

Details

Title: 불꽃속으로 ( Boolkkotsokeuro), Into the Flames aka Into the Fire
Genre:  Melodrama-historical

Episodes: 20
Director: Kim Sang-Rae  (김상래)  (Immortal Classic)
Screenwriters:  Jeong Seong-Hee (정성희) - (Seoul 1945, Princess Ja Myung-Go, King Geunchogo)
                              Lee Han-Ho (이한호) (Seoul 1945, Mun Hee, Navy)

Broadcast network:  CSTV (TV Chosun)
Runtime Friday + Saturday  23:00 KST

Broadcast period: 2014 April 18 to June 21nd.

Official Live Streaming:  http://vod.tv.chosun.com/onair/index_onair.cstv

Official Website: http://tv.chosun.com/drama/flame/sub/menu_0.html

Synopsis:

A Story about love, loyalty, and sacrifice among people who create success overcoming despair and poverty after the colonial era and the Korean War.

The true story of Chairman Park Tae-Joon who lead the impossible to success along with various fictional stories that show the financial growth of Korea. This story is based on real person Park Tae-Joon who built Steel Company PSCO in South Korea

&f_nm=20140402150158.jpg

CAST

Main Cast:

Choi Soo-Jong as Park Tae-Hyeong

2012122800669_0.jpg

Kim kwon as Park Tae-Hyung (young)

1145464_210x300x50x2.jpg

Son Tae-young as Kumiko  (lobbyist / Tae Hyung's first love)

150full.jpg

Kim  Ye-Won as Kumiko (young)

158px-Kim_Ye_Won_(1987)6.jpg

Ryu Jin as Shin Dae-Cheol  (manager of Shinsekai's Korean branch / Tae Hyung's youthhood friend)

?width=150

Yoon Hong-Bin as Shin Dae-Cheol (Young)

ffd00c548906880bd74af511687b06c312939769

Lee In-Hye as Jang Ok-Sun   (purser of orphanage / Tae Hyung's wife)

166173.jpg

Choi Chul-Ho as Choi Jong-Ho  (deputy department head of Korean Central Intelligence Agency)

Choi_Chul_Ho2013127202950.jpg

Doc Go Young-Jae as the President of Korea

Dok-Go-Young-Jae-01.jpg

Jung Ho-Bin as Alan Kissinger  (lobbyist of international steel business)

Jung-Ho-Bin.jpg

Yeongil Bay Steel Mill

Hong Il-Kwon as Hwang Joon Suk  (Tae Hyung's right-hand man)

13678966621.jpg

Park Sang-Myun as Park Jong Yul  (on-site engineer)

Park_Sang_Myun201321613131.jpg

Lee Ki-Chan as  An Seung-Joo  (person in charge of foreign capital attraction)

imgb702ab9dzik5zj.jpeg

Kim Jin Geun as Kim Byung Hoon  (blast furnace engineer)

1227235_210x300x50x2.jpg

Lee Won Suk  as Yeon Bong Chool (public works engineer)

20438.jpg

Gong Jung-Hwan as Jung Sang-Ho   (chef of New Korea Hotel)

post-10877-0-78198200-1309524967_thumb.j

Lee Jong-Soo as Kim Sang-Chul  (the Vietnam War veteran)

lee-jong-soo-986394l-175x0-w-3a2d6df5.jp

Lee Jung-Yong as Choi Dal-Ho  
(former bully)

Lee_Jung_Yong2013128104319.jpg

Choi Kyu-Hwan as Chae Ki-Joo (Japanese bond man)

Choi-Kyu-Hwan-01-199x300.jpg

Hong Ah Reum as Ha Cheo Soon (telephone operator)

514.jpg

Shinsekai Trading Company

Lee Chul-Min
as Takeda  
(section chief of secretary office)

Lee_Chul_Min2013127233714.jpg

Kim Hyun Joon as young Takeda

9631.jpg

Go Myung-Hwan as Abe   (subsection chief of secretary office)

GoMyungHwan.jpg&w=150&zc=1

Kim Min-Ho as young Abe

minho13.jpg

Others:

Lee Young-Hoo as Yasuoka   
(Tae Hyung's savior)

posterphoto328148.jpg

Jeon Su-Kyeong as Yang Hwa-Ja  (host of restaurant in construction sites)

20131203123123-1385307608.jpg

Hyun Suk as Tae Hyung's father

Hyun-Suk.jpg&w=150&zc=1

Park Yong-Soo as Kohei   (Chairman of Shinsekai / Kumiko's father)

%EB%B0%95%EC%9A%A9%EC%88%98.jpg

Jung Myung-Hwan as Yamamoto   (Kohei's secretary)

%EC%A0%95%EB%AA%85%ED%99%981-279x300.jpg

Credit : DramaWiki, Hancinema, AsianWiki, Wikipedia, KoreanDrama.org

Must Read!! and follow!!

Soompi code of conduct

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Characters chart:

people_01.jpg

Episode Ratings:   Remember these are for Cable TV.

Episode Ratings

Date Episode Nationwide
2014-04-25 1 0.946
2014-04-26 2 1.103
2014-05-02 3 0.885
2014-05-03 4 1.096
2014-05-09 5 1.048
2014-05-10 6 1.839
2014-05-16 7 1.134
2014-05-17 8 1.681
2014-05-23 9 2.041
2014-05-24 10 1.857
2014-05-30 11 1.298
2014-05-31 12 2.091
2014-06-06 13 1.597
2014-06-07 14 1.746
2014-06-13 15 1.329
2014-06-14 16 1.502
2014-06-20 17 1.227
2014-06-21 18 1.374
2014-06-27 19  
2014-06-28 20  

Source: AGB Nielsen

*** Note: This drama is aired on Pay-TV channel which has fewer viewers than Free-TV channels. So, please don’t be surprised with the low rating. ***

Source: KoreanDrama.org

Conversation, contribution and participation encouraged

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Son Tae-yeong in "Into The Flames"

photo401984.jpg

Actress Son Tae-yeong is coming back with a drama.

She's starring in the new TV Chosun drama "Into The Flames".

She is Kumiko, a sophisticated conversationalist, a master in Judo with a carefree personality. The perfect woman. She is the life saver of Park Tae-hyeong (Choi Soo-jong) and has love and hatred for Tae-hyeong who left her.

Son Tae-yeong has been cast in various movies and dramas and has been building her spectrum. She's the perfect one for this role apparently.

Son Tae-yeong said, "I feel pressured, I'm not going to lie but I am honored to be playing the most important role of the drama".

Meanwhile, "Into The Flames" is a human story about the love, loyalty and sacrifice amongst people who create success after overcoming despair and poverty. To be aired in April.

Source: Hancinema

Son Tae-yeong joins 'Flames'

photo402047.jpg

Korean actress Son Tae-yeong has confirmed she will take the lead female role in TV Chosun's new drama series "Into The Flames", according to local media reports. 

"I am honored to take part in this much-anticipated drama", Son said. "Although it is true that I feel some pressure, I will try my best to play the role".

Son will play Kumiko, who is supposed to be the image of a perfect, beautiful and eloquent woman. 

Based on the story of the man who created Korean steel giant Posco, "Into The Flames" will be produced by Kim Sang-rae, who also made "The Fifth Republic", a series about the 1980s that was criticized for being too positive about the Chun Doo-hwan regime.

The male lead, veteran actor Choi Soo-jong, was confirmed in January. 

Korean actor Ryoo Jin, most recently seen in "The Prime Minister and I", also confirmed his role in the drama yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"Son Tae Young Chosen As Female Protagonists For "Into The Fire"
son-tae-young-chosen-as-female-protagoni

Actress Son Tae Young has been chosen as the female protagonist of "Into the Fire."

Comprehensive channel TV Chosun said on February 13th, "Son Tae Young will play the role of the female protagonist Kumiko."

"Into the Fire" is about the success story and their love and loyalty as they overcome poverty and despair into economic development as it is a human story.

In the drama, Kumiko shows breathtaking beauty and speech and does judo as shows a chill personality.  Especially as Kumiko is the lifesaver of Park Tae Young (played by Choi Soo Jong), he leaves his tears and love and keeps his love for Tae Hyung.

The staff member said, "Son Tae Young has been in a lot of dramas and movies and showed a great acting spectrum.  This is the best female actress for the perfect female figure Kumiko" and showed the casting reasons.

Son Tae Young shows his remarks about casting saying, "As much as many viewers are looking forward to this, we're very burdened.  We are honored that they are playing an important role."

Meanwhile, "Into the Fire" that has started filming will be broadcast in April.

Source: KDramaStars

Lee In-hye to comeback with "Into The Flames"

photo404766.jpg

Lee In-hye is coming back with "Into The Flames".

Actress Lee In-hye who is currently in the doctor's course in Literature and Mass Communications at Koryeo University, is starring in the TV Chosun drama "Into The Flames". With one more semester to go, she's been taking a break from all TV appearances and only doing so much to survive.

Lee In-hye is fluent in English and French and has the personality where no man can beat her. This time around she co-stars with Choi Soo-jong as a married couple. "Into The Flames" is a historical drama about the love and loyalty of the characters who overcome hardships and build their success.

Lee In-hye said, "I was nervous and felt like a rookie again since it'd been a long time since I did any acting. I've missed it so much and I'm going to wok my best to never regret it".

Lee In-hye took on two roles in the KBS short "Drama Special - Mother's Island" and further moved on to star in the E Channel sitcom "Firm Family", KBS "Drama Special - The Disappearance of the Member of Parliament" and more.

class="content-title"Singer Lee Ki Chan to Make Official Acting Debut
lee-ki-chan-700x450.jpg

Singer Lee Ki Chan has been cast in TV Chosun’s new drama, “Into the Flames.”

“Into the Flames” tells the story of individuals who contribute to the economic development of Korea after the war through their love, loyalty, and sacrifice. The story was inspired by the life of Park Tae Jun, now deceased, who was the honorary chairman of Posco.

Lee Ki Chan will be playing the role of Ahn Seung Joo, who helps Park Tae Hyung (played by Choi Soo Jong) run his steelworks and construction business and manage foreign capital investments. Ahn Seung Joo becomes an army interpreter and tries to prevent corruption but gets discharged after being set up. After leaving the army, he barely makes enough to survive working as a translator. However, he gets his second chance in life after he meets Park Tae Hyung and finds a serious problem in a Korean International Steel Association document.

Lee Ki Chan has built his acting skills appearing in films, sitcoms, and musicals while promoting as a singer. “Into the Flames” will be his first official role as an actor.

According to a rep of Lee Ki Chan, “Lee Ki Chan had much interest in acting. He is determined to work hard through his role in ‘Into the Flames.’”

“Into the Flames” will begin filming at the end of February and will premiere sometime in April. The drama also stars Choi Soo Jong, Son Tae Young, and Ryu Jin.

Source: Soompi

@suchadiva42, thank you...^_^

I have been hoping to see Choi Soo-jong in more contemporary drama ever since I have seen him in the excellent drama "The President" (2010).  I think this one is totally up his alley..

And of course, I am happy with the rest of the cast... and also looking forward to Lee Ki-Chan's acting debut here.

Now, I just pray that someone subs it...

It could help if people who are interested will request it on Viki...Here is the link to title request.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Raleway, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.5em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(239, 242, 232);"Upcoming Period Drama, “Into the Flames,” Inspired By Real-Life Person {Korean}
Into-the-Flames.png

English Title: Into the Flames
Korean Title: 불꽃속으로
Starring: Choi Soo-jong, Son Tae-young Ryu Jin, Lee In-hye
Director: Kim Sang-rae (Immortal Classic)
Screenwriter: Jeong Seong-hee (King Geunchogo)
Network: CSTV (TV Chosun)
Release Date: April 19 – June 22, 2014

Outside of Sageuk dramas dedicated to the Joseon era, the South Korean entertainment industry is becoming more involved in making period dramas set during other eras. A new period K-drama, “Into the Flames,” is scheduled to be released next month.

“Into the Flames” is inspired by the true story of Park Tae-joon, the head of POSCO, one of the world’s largest steel company based in Pohang, North Gyeongsang, South Korea. Park Tae-joon is recognized as the “Andrew Carnegie” of Korea. He served in the military as an Army General, going on to successfully climb the ranks in business.

During the 80s, Park resigned from POSCO and went into politics. Supposedly, years later he came under suspicion of fraud. (It’s not clear the if the drama will get into this.) However, Park continued to remain well-liked by his peers and the community. For “Into the Flames,”  his name was changed to Park Tae-hyung. The role will be played by actor Choi Soo-jong (For the Sake of Son).

We’re guessing the drama will focus on Park’s rise in becoming the president of the company. Yet, that was during the 60s. But the clothes in the poster look more 40s. At least the outfits of the actresses pictured. Well, regardless, Hallyu Crush is looking forward to “Into the Flames” on CSTV!

Source:  Hallyu Crush

irilight said: @suchadiva42, thank you...^_^

I have been hoping to see Choi Soo-jong in more contemporary drama ever since I have seen him in the excellent drama "The President" (2010).  I think this one is totally up his alley..

And of course, I am happy with the rest of the cast... and also looking forward to Lee Ki-Chan's acting debut here.

Now, I just pray that someone subs it...

It could help if people who are interested will request it on Viki...Here is the link to title request.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated cast, added teaser videos and images for the Korean drama 'Into The Flames'
"Into The Flames" (2014)

Directed by Kim Sang-rae

Written by Jeong Seong-hee

Network : TV Chosun

With Choi Soo-jong, Son Tae-yeong, Ryoo Jin, Choi Cheol-ho, Lee In-hye, Dok-go Yeong-jae,...

Synopsis
The true story of chairman Park Tae-joon who lead the impossible to success along with various fictional stories that show the financial growth of Korea.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2014/04/18

photo421762.jpg

photo421761.jpg
photo421760.jpg

photo421759.jpg

photo421758.jpg

photo421729.jpg

&f_nm=20140403160823.jpg

&f_nm=20140403160830.jpg

There is also a new teaser. Check it out on Hancinema (I can't find it on YT)

Son Tae Young, Ryu Jin, and Choi Soo Jong to star in new drama 'Into the Fire'
son-tae-young-ryu-jin_1392265677_af_org.

'Into the Fire' portrays the inspirational story of Park Tae Hyung (Choi Soo Jong) who contributes to the economic growth of the nation which falls under poverty and despair in the aftermath of a war. Son Tae Young will play his love interest Koo Mi Ko who also gets into a love triangle with Park Tae Hyung's childhood friend Shin Dae Chul (Ryu Jin).

Son Tae Young shared through her agency, "Although there is a lot of pressure, it is an honor to play an important role in an anticipated production... I will act in a way that viewers can relate to."

Ryu Jin shared, "Although Shin Dae Chul and Tae Hyung are friends who shared their joys and sorrows together since childhood, they end up walking different paths... I will do my best to portray that conflict in the drama to make it interesting for viewers to watch."

'Into the Fire' will premiere in April!

Source: AllkPop

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Raleway, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.5em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(239, 242, 232);"Upcoming Period Drama, “Into the Flames,” Inspired By Real-Life Person

Into-the-Flames.png

English Title: Into the Flames
Korean Title: 불꽃속으로
Starring: Choi Soo-jong, Son Tae-young Ryu Jin, Lee In-hye
Director: Kim Sang-rae (Immortal Classic)
Screenwriter: Jeong Seong-hee (King Geunchogo)
Network: CSTV (TV Chosun)
Release Date: April 19 – June 22, 2014

Outside of Sageuk dramas dedicated to the Joseon era, the South Korean entertainment industry is becoming more involved in making period dramas set during other eras. A new period K-drama, “Into the Flames,” is scheduled to be released next month.

“Into the Flames” is inspired by the true story of Park Tae-joon, the head of POSCO, one of the world’s largest steel company based in Pohang, North Gyeongsang, South Korea. Park Tae-joon is recognized as the “Andrew Carnegie” of Korea. He served in the military as an Army General, going on to successfully climb the ranks in business.

During the 80s, Park resigned from POSCO and went into politics. Supposedly, years later he came under suspicion of fraud. (It’s not clear the if the drama will get into this.) However, Park continued to remain well-liked by his peers and the community. For “Into the Flames,”  his name was changed to Park Tae-hyung. The role will be played by actor Choi Soo-jong (For the Sake of Son).

We’re guessing the drama will focus on Park’s rise in becoming the president of the company. Yet, that was during the 60s. But the clothes in the poster look more 40s. At least the outfits of the actresses pictured. Well, regardless, Hallyu Crush is looking forward to “Into the Flames” on CSTV!

Source: Hallyu Crush

"Into the Flames" with Son Tae-yeong

photo423865.jpg

Son Tae-yeong showed off her outstanding figure.

She attended the press conference of the new TV Chosun drama "Into The Flames" on the 9th in Seoul.

She wore a flower-printed dress which revealed much of her lower back from the side to the back.

Not only that, she appeared to have slender legs and arms as well, which is hard to believe for a mother.

Netizens say, "She's amazing", "Isn't she a mother?", "She must've worked out really hard" and more.

Son Tae-yeong takes on the role of Kumiko in the drama. She's a beauty with a gift of speech and an expert in Judo. She is the life saver of Park Tae-hyeong (Choi Soo-jong) but is in a love-hate relationship with him.

Meanwhile, "Into The Flames" is about the main characters struggle to be free from poverty, the result of the Japanese reign and the Korean War. In the process, two friends become enemies. To be aired on the 18th at 11PM.

• 2 weeks later...

TV Chosun’s period drama Into the Fire prepares for (delayed) premiere by awcoconuts | April 17, 2014 | 15 Comments

intothefire_3.jpg
Choi Su-jong’s new historical drama, Into the Fire (or Into the Flames), was to start this Friday, but the premiere has been pushed back due to coverage of the ferry tragedy and out of respect for the families of the missing. It’s a bit of a wonder that TV Chosun, the cable channel on which Into the Fire will air, was able to land an actor of Choi Su-jong’s caliber for this project, but the star is said to have taken on the drama because of an opportunity to send a message.
 Full read... Dramabeans

@larus, thank you for the article and the new trailers.... I am even more excited for this drama after watching the new trailers.

@suchadiva42, thank you :)

I too was drawn to this drama because of the characters, but also because of Choi Soo-Jong.

I suspected the premier will be pushed because of the ferry tragedy, but you brought us the confirmations.

New trailers are awesome too...

It would help a lot,  if people who are interested in this drama will put in a request on Viki with this form.
I know that even when the consider a drama they ask us to fill these as a "meter of interest" out there.

Archived