Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Guest jobogae

I'm going to miss seeing this week's episodes "live"!!  I look forward to reading everyone's spoiler alert posts before I rush home to binge watch 2 episodes over the weekend.  Thanks for sharing in advance.
I have a feeling that our two leads will have a true reunion - identities will be revealed as Soo In connects the dots.  I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this drama despite some of the gripes about the characters, plot, progression, etc, on this thread.  This is the first sageuk that I can actually watch from beginning till end.  It's refreshing.   
Let those of us who enjoy this as much as I do - enjoy it!!!   \:D/ I agree with you @valsava

rhaps said:

I thank you too for this info ;). I'm not a Japanese nor Korean, so I don't know about these things. The Hanjo disguise is more make sense to me now --edited-- So the threat should come from Choi or the Japanese themselves, perhaps Kanemaru or other Japanese that hasn't been showed up, who doesn't like the idea of YK being Hanjo . If only Choi manages to cooperate with them, then there's trouble for YK

realistic2280 said: Hi Nancy, thanks for your long comment...

Things are developing much slower than i anticipate in JG, especially in SI's character.  I dont want her to end up like YAAS lead female character, who didnt really have much memorable scenes with the main male lead.. and the story ended, like i said in that thread - without a 'bang'... it just ended without much funfare and not much memory than i would hope for.

The writers need to write off her 'clueless' attitude in trying to understand who Hanjo is and try not to expose his real identity in the process. She is suppose to be smart.. more educated and "enlightened" so she should understand the dangers of revealing YK/Hanjo's identity.

Like some who mentioned this before, even her maid is more fun than SI? At least she (maid) is more realistic... hehehe...
:D

Ah, just wanna add a little about JG. JG doesn't only consist of romantic story, but it has a widen range of theme such as the politics and action stuffs. It has a different genre with, say, Princess Man or Arang and Magistrate. So, if the development of YK's romance felt a little slow, well .. we have lots of issues here. I'm guessing that the romance development will be subtle and flowing along with the main story, so it should felt different with other stories that I mentioned above. If I want to compare, then I will compare it to Bridal Mask or Iljimae.

jan82 said:   Dear @rhaps, you're welcome. Great point that you made about the threat to Yoon-Kang from the Japanese. They are the ones who can reveal that YK is not the real Hanjo and then YK will lose his Japanese citizenship protection which he is enjoying now. I wonder what happened to the real Hanjo, and how much Kanemaru knows? Poor Yoon-Kang, he's really surrounded by danger... :(

So I'm with you @valsava & @jobogae, let's continue to enjoy the drama! :-bd

Guest missm

I'm not really sure what others are commenting regarding SI and JG drama. This drama is fast-paced and each episode is exciting on its own. Now, if you start comparing it to other dramas - i realize more how good it is lol.  SI character for me is not boring at all.  That is the character's personality - always curious, taking risks even if it's not safe. She doesn't just wait in her room and cry and reminisce like most female leads. She actually goes out, keep reading and learning new things.  She confronts people if she has something to say and not just play the typical martyr, keeping everything inside.  not a damsel in distress at all.  

This drama is fast-paced and each episode is exciting on its own. Now, if you start comparing it to other dramas - i realize more how good it is lol.  

Yeah, I feel the same way lol. I shouldn't have compare, should I?? I hope I didn't offend any fans of those movies, really sincerely sorry if I did :). As someone who don't really like spending time by watching dramas, I only chose one that really interest me the most. The dramas that I mentioned are the ones that are really attractive to me and which I enjoyed watching.I feel like JG has faster pace than them, so I too don't understand why some people call it slow.

rhaps said:

Well .. for me, it's not a matter of 'HW vs SI'. It's just a matter of how I understand the character itself. In HW's case, by not doing anything for YH, I realize that HW is a layered character, just like what some people here have mentioned. It's easy to understand SI, YK, or HK. But HW, I have to see what more she can do before understanding what kind of person she is.

So far, JG has been consistent in this character development. Hopefully it can stay that way until the end. It means : there's a good and logical reason behind everyone's action.  

@Irilight,sorry I'm on mobile so it's hard to quote. I'm sorry again if some people think that I'm condemning HW, coz that was never my attention. Someone here said that we should be fair in analyzing both females, so in my previous comments, I've mentioned how HW is such an interesting and amazing character.

I'll just repeat my old posts that, yes..HW did despise his father because of YH, but note that she is someone mature who has also have high position and responsibility . She could do more than just persuading his father, like by releasing YH quietly or at least notify SI, who she knew had been looking for YH all this time. That way, SI could at least think of something to save YH. Because she is a rape victim herself, she should have realized more than anyone how terrible it is to be one.

About SI failed in searching for YH after 3 years, well..she did continue on searching, didn't she? Even asking everyone, including the police, to help. What's matter is not the result, but how hard you've tried. That's why, I said that SI in stubborn and won't stop at nothing, while I have to watch what HW will do next until I can judge what kind of character she is.

Kathy said: realistic2280 said: nancykimlee said: realistic2280 said: Ok, seriously,  SI need to be useful in this drama to make her compatible to YK or Hanjo.... otherwise, everyone is goona have a different ship for YK/H... with HW! =(( 8 more episodes to go and how is YK going to hide his identity again and SI cant be forever clueless for another few episodes right... sigh..

Guest coldsun242

From the preview, I'm not sure if I want to see SI discover Hanjo is YK in the next episode or not. I, for once, want her to stop thinking Hanjo as YK and treat him as Hanjo because....I want to see a love triangle: HW-Hanjo-SI. :D With YK being Hanjo, HW can love him without being afraid of losing her friendship with SI, and it's interesting to see if SI falls in love with Hanjo. Or better, she helps HW get Hanjo. It will be a party...at least for me and maybe for the police friend who knows who is whom.

Okie, I'm daydreaming. This is not a romance drama.

omgots said: maddymappo said: Despite HW's flaws she is a woman who has suffered and is capable, The writers just blessed her with a more interesting personality than Soo In. ........................................

Agree with you @sandjh , the making of her bomb allowed YK to save his sister YH! :)

I think even though Soo In is pure and innocent, I'm sure she did her best to look for YH like what they say if there are news regarding YH, she will go there to check if that person is really YH. I think really those times, it is really hard to look for a person. 

From the preview, I'm not sure if I want to see SI discover Hanjo is YK in the next episode or not. I, for once, want her to stop thinking Hanjo as YK and treat him as Hanjo because....I want to see a love triangle: HW-Hanjo-SI.

:D

With YK being Hanjo, HW can love him without being afraid of losing her friendship with SI, and it's interesting to see if SI falls in love with Hanjo. Or better, she helps HW get Hanjo. It will be a party...at least for me and maybe for the police friend who knows who is whom.

Okie, I'm daydreaming. This is not a romance drama.

I guess you're not the only one :D

--edited--

Sorry, dramabeans wants a love triangle between YK-SI-Hanjo instead *lol*

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/kolorful-palette-rocking-it-joseon-gunman/#more-83376

rhaps said:

I guess you're not the only one :D

--edited--

Sorry, dramabeans wants a love triangle between YK-SI-Hanjo instead *lol*

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/kolorful-palette-rocking-it-joseon-gunman/#more-83376

So DB wants YK to fight with himself? lol...

Well..it'like Val Kilmer Batman, when Nicole Kidman liked Batman as well as Bruce Wayne :P.

I thought that YK-SI-Hanjo-HW is quite interesting... :D

Guest nancykimlee

Um, what's Yoon Kang's plan after he rescues Yeon Ha? If he had rescued her at the port and beat Won Shin to it, he could have kept her by his side as a "slave" but now what? Won Shin knows who Yeon Ha is and he's definitely not going to let her get away especially if the old goat dies. I wouldn't be surprised if he sets up another trap to trick Yoon Kang. I understand that it's important for Yoon Kang to find and ensure Yeon Ha's safety but it's a little tricky now. He can't possibly hide her away in his home, and if he gives her off to Soo In, her family will be in danger too. I suppose that that's the thrill of it because there are different options with consequences that are compelling enough to drive the story forward and give it some additional stake. And this may sound horrible but I still think Yeon Ha is going to die. It's not entirely necessary and it also depends on how it unfolds (I'm fine with pacing and confident in the writing) but because we'll be at the halfway mark, I assume that this will be wrapped up soon-ish (by death, send her away or insert any logical reasoning here) so that we can focus on the overarching scheme of things that still need some answers and attention and not simply by inference like: what's Won Shin and his merchant group's role in the political affairs and why is he even working for Lord Kim or what's Japan's plan with Yoon Kang and Kanemuru there and how will it affect King Gojong and Joseon's modernization? Because when it comes down to it, Yoon Kang's revenge isn't as simple as killing a gunmen because Dad protected and stood for something bigger.

@maddymappo Sorry for not being clear. I do not mean being rude to the fictional characters but to viewers who like them. It's totally fine to like one character better than another because its a matter of preference anyways. You can praise HW all you want without having to put down SI's character for not having the same qualities as you would have liked her to have, though. Being different is not bad. In fact, I would love to read more of why you like HW because I think she's a great character! I'm eagerly looking forward to the following eps to understand more about her and her painful past.
Anyway, I'm not here to tell you what you should do because you are entitled to your own opinion. I also apologise if I came across as rude to you or if I made anyone else uncomfortable with my comment. Hope you all have a lovely day~

@ nancykimlee, someone asked the same question in other forum, and all I can think of is sending YH away out of town with someone to take care of her *but I dunno who will it be, no idea*. If YH died, yes it will solve some problems of maintaining her character in the drama + giving more dramatic effect on YK. But I really don't have the heart to loose such a sweet character and watch YK crying again for the lost of a sister, after all his hard effort... :((