Kim Ji Won 김지원 • 金智媛

StaRix

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is 'Descendants of the Sun's Kim Ji Won like behind the scenes?

kim-ji-won_1457667054_af_org.jpg

Actress Kim Ji Won might be tough, hard-headed female soldier Yoon Myung Joo in KBS2 drama 'Descendants of the Sun', but what is she really like behind the scenes?

King Kong Entertainment has given us a sneak peak! The label revealed behind-the-scenes photos of the actress posing with adorable V's for the camera, giving off a distinctly different feel from her on-screen character!

It seems like when the cameras aren't running, Kim Ji Won is an adorable young lady! Take a look for yourself below!

Spoiler

kim-ji-won_1457667327_201603110740122994

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/what-is-descendants-of-the-suns-kim-ji-won-like-behind-the-scenes

I've been looking for KJW thread and finally found it yay! Jiwon is my bae, been a fan since Heirs. I watched then her other projects and most recently DOTS, i just love her presence on screen and her connection/chemistry with her co-stars. Hopefully we'll get to see her in a lead role very very soon. I have feeling her agency is keeping mute about that project when DOTS is still airing. or maybe i'm just wishful thinking, idk ahh, i just really want Jiwon to be recognized more and get over that step to the lead roles infinitely. Anyways, let's continue to support her!  

Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo Take the Highest Rated Moment With “Descendants of the Sun”

Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo Take the Highest Rated Moment With “Descendants of the Sun”

The KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun” took away the highest rated one minute on TV as the “Goo Won couple” embraced one another.

On March 25, AGB Nielsen (South Korea) Media Research reported that the best moment in the tenth episode of “Descendants of the Sun” was when Sergeant Seo Dae Young (Jin Goo) ran over and hugged Myung Ju (Kim Ji Won). See below for more information on why. This scene aired around 11:03 p.m. KST and scored 39 percent in metropolitan area, setting a record as the best one minute on television that evening.

descendants of the sun

As expected, the ratings went beyond 30 percent within the first ten minutes of the drama. It managed to maintain viewership until the drama ended proving its popularity as the “National Drama.”

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

In this episode, Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) and Myung Ju who were operating on Manager Jin (Jo Jae Yoon) find out that there is a danger of being infected by the virus, leaving the viewers, as well as Seo Dae Young and Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki) on edge.

“Descendants of the Sun” went above 30 percent ratings for the first time on March 23 with 30.4 percent. As expected, the latest episode that aired on March 24 scored 31.6 percent continuing to break its own record. It is grabbing the attention of the fans as the storyline moves on and aims to go beyond 40 percent rating.

Watch the latest episode of “Descendants of the Sun” here.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/24/kim-ji-won-and-jin-goo-take-the-highest-rated-moment-with-descendants-of-the-sun/

Kim Ji Won Shares What “Descendants of the Sun” Means to Her

Kim Ji Won Shares What “Descendants of the Sun” Means to Her

Kim Ji Won, as one of the stars of KBS’s record-breaking drama “Descendants of the Sun,” has seen her popularity skyrocket after the drama started broadcasting.

“This drama has been a life-changing production for me,” she said. “Rather than a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I think it has been a turning point in my life. Of course I’m also thankful to all the productions I’ve done so far because they helped me become who I am today. But I think ‘Descendants of the Sun’ might become my representative work.”

The actress now faces an important choice ahead of her: her next production. “It’s not going as well as I’d like,” she shared. “I keep worrying about what kind of character I have to do next, and what image I have to show people next. Now I think that as long as I have a good script and a good role and work hard, it doesn’t matter how it turns out.”

“Descendants of the Sun” is scheduled to complete its run in April and Kim Ji Won gave a small tease of what’s to come.

“I don’t know how I can tell you without spoiling it,” she said. “I will say that even though the whole drama has been like this, there was a serious incident in the recent episodes. There will be another huge incident in the future. When it happens, the characters’ feelings will become more intense. You can also look forward to ‘skinship’ between the Goo-Won couple.”

Source (1)

Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo Discuss Their Acting in “Descendants of the Sun” With Grazia

Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo Discuss Their Acting in “Descendants of the Sun” With Grazia

The popular “Goo-Won” couple (Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won) from KBS‘s “Descendants of the Sun” show off their sweet charms for a couple photo shoot with fashion magazine Grazia. They wear different couple looks from the clothing brand Club Monaco, giving off a city vibe.

kim ji won jin goo

During the interview, they discuss the ever-popular “Descendants of the Sun.” In the drama, Jin Goo plays Seo Dae Young, who is stuck in a dilemma where he must be parted from the woman he loves. When asked about the secret behind acting with his gazes, Jin Goo responds “My character doesn’t really seem to have a lot of moments when he speaks warm words to Yoon Myung Joo (Kim Ji Won) or acts lovingly towards her. I wanted to express his inner feelings in some way, so I think that’s why I acted a lot with my gazes.”

kim ji won

Kim Ji Won surprisingly reveals that it wasn’t too awkward for her to act as a soldier. She explains, “I actually tend to speak in ‘da-na-ka’ (Korean army speech). My father is very stern, so I’ve been used to it since I was a child. That’s why the lines stuck more easily. The soldier uniform was also comfortable, and I used to go home wearing it. I’d come back the next day with it still on. My parents said it seemed like their daughter enlisted.”

The rest of Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo’s photo shoot and interview can be found in the April edition of Grazia, which will be released March 20.

Check out their short message from behind-the-scenes video below!

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won Reveals How Co-Star Jin Goo Took Care of Her on the Set of “Descendants of the Sun” 

Kim Ji Won Reveals How Co-Star Jin Goo Took Care of Her on the Set of “Descendants of the Sun”

On April 2’s episode of “Entertainment Weekly,” Kim Ji Won gives us a glimpse of her on-set relationship with her “Descendants of the Sun” co-star and love interest, Jin Goo!

During her interview on the show, she’s asked to try to call Jin Goo. He picks up the phone for her despite the fact that he’s currently in the crowd at a basketball game. Kim Ji Won says to him, “I heard that you did a ‘Guerrilla Date’ on ‘Entertainment Weekly’! How was it?”

kim ji won

“It was the best!” he says, and the show shares clips of the massive crowd who had gathered for his outside interview. “Was it awesome?” she asks him, and he replies, “Totally, totally,” which makes her laugh.

After their call, when the interviewer asks her who took care of her the most on set, Kim Ji Won replies without any hesitation, “Jin Goo.”

She explains, “When I was cold, he’d bring a heater over for me,” and adds with a laugh, “It made the set nice and warm.”

[/spolier]

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/03/kim-ji-won-reveals-how-co-star-jin-goo-took-care-of-her-on-the-set-of-descendants-of-the-sun/

Kim Ji Won Stays Humble and Raves About Her Co-Stars in “Descendants of the Sun”

Source: Soompi by boxclub 

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/01/kim-ji-won-stays-humble-and-raves-about-her-co-stars-in-descendants-of-the-sun/

Kim Ji Won Stays Humble and Raves About Her Co-Stars in “Descendants of the Sun”

Kim Ji Won, who is currently experiencing explosive popularity due to her role in the hit KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun,” shared her appreciation for her co-star Jin Goo.

Describing him as “the best partner,” she said, “Jin Goo sunbaenim really suffered a lot at the beginning of the filming because of me. I don’t think I could have done it without him. He helped me so much. I feel so sorry and also so thankful to him. Whether it was to support my struggling acting, listen to my concerns, give me food or snacks or always supporting me, I’m sure that Jin Goo sunbaenim was really busy because of me. He should have reprimanded me at least once but not a single time did he say anything negative and instead he was also warm and friendly as he led. I was so thankful. I think he is the best partner that I’ve had in my life. Haha!”

When asked who she would have picked between the two male stars of Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki, without hesitation, she replied “Jin Goo sunbaenim. Perhaps because even from before the filming for the drama to until now, I have lived for Seo Dae Young and so even now, I am all for Seo Dae Young,” calling Jin Goo by his name in the drama.

“When we started filming, I was only concerned about my parts and trying to act well and so I was too busy to be concerned about the expressions of my co-stars or think about how the two of us were coming up on the screen. It wasn’t until I saw it on the broadcast on television that I realized that Jin Goo sunbaenim is so attractive. When scenes of him struggling with Myeong Joo’s dad come up, even I get angry and I even cried. Yoo Shi Jin (the role played by Song Joong Ki) is flawlessly handsome as well, but for me, I am always Seo Dae Young. Haha!”

Kim Ji Won

Moreover, she praised not just the actor Jin Goo but the person Jin Goo as well.

“I’ve noticed this from the filming but I have so much to learn from Jin Goo sunbaenim and Song Hye Kyo sunbaenim and Song Joong Ki sunbaenim in terms of not just acting but from their attitudes as well. They were not once late and even come early to rehearsals and check through with the staff and have conversations with them. It made me embarrassed to think about how hard working they were compared to myself. Even if they’re popular or have been in the industry for a long time, they don’t pay much attention to that and instead lead the atmosphere well. I was so touched by that. In particular, Jin Goosunbaenim is so funny but yet determined and so many people like him. He’s a person that combines all the qualities of friendliness, charisma and gentleness.”

When asked about her growing popularity, she laughed and sure enough turned the attention back to Jin Goo. Perhaps because she was shy to talk about herself, but she instead mentioned the immense popularity that Jin Goo was experiencing. She said, “There’s a lot of people around me who say that it is such a shame that Jin Goo is married. His popularity is to the point that people joke like that. There’s so many people who have asked me for his autograph.”

She added, “Actually, for me, there hasn’t been much difference. When I think about the different interest and expectations that are held of me now, I think about luck. Its all due to such talented sunbaenims who make me look so good. It’s embarrassing and burdensome. I still am lacking in so many ways but I’m going to work hard to repay all of the love that I have received. I want to stay humble and steadfast and work hard as an actor to show a better side of me. Please look forward to it!”

Check out GooWon Couple's Pictorial Behind Cuts

Source: BNTNews

nkxcc6f5xlh8ll0rmtdpzvkosq42p3v4.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Actress Kim Ji Won disclosed behind cuts of her pictorial with Jin Goo. 

On April 1, her agency King Kong Entertainment revealed her couple pictorial’s behind-the-scene cuts with Jin Goo that is appearing in KBS ‘Descendant of the Sun’ as partners. 

Since she took the photos with Jin Goo as ‘Goowon Couple’, it caught the mass public’s attention. In the pictures, she gazed the front with chic eyes and Jin Goo stared at her with sad eyes as well. They also made sweet smiles and gave romantic mood for the audiences. 

Kim Ji Won had on a blue dress to make a mature and mysterious mood. Unlike her character Yoon Myung Joo of the drama, she showed a totally different side. 

According to the staff, she fully enjoyed taking the pictorial and spread her positive energy at the filming site with Jin Goo. 

Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won’s drama ‘Descendant of the Sun’ airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10pm KST. (photo by King Kong Entertainment)

March 18, 2016

Source: Soompi by kminjungee

The popular “Goo-Won” couple (Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won) from KBS‘s “Descendants of the Sun” show off their sweet charms for a couple photo shoot with fashion magazine Grazia. They wear different couple looks from the clothing brand Club Monaco, giving off a city vibe.

kim ji won jin goo

During the interview, they discuss the ever-popular “Descendants of the Sun.” In the drama, Jin Goo plays Seo Dae Young, who is stuck in a dilemma where he must be parted from the woman he loves. When asked about the secret behind acting with his gazes, Jin Goo responds “My character doesn’t really seem to have a lot of moments when he speaks warm words to Yoon Myung Joo (Kim Ji Won) or acts lovingly towards her. I wanted to express his inner feelings in some way, so I think that’s why I acted a lot with my gazes.”

Kim Ji Won surprisingly reveals that it wasn’t too awkward for her to act as a soldier. She explains, “I actually tend to speak in ‘da-na-ka’ (Korean army speech). My father is very stern, so I’ve been used to it since I was a child. That’s why the lines stuck more easily. The soldier uniform was also comfortable, and I used to go home wearing it. I’d come back the next day with it still on. My parents said it seemed like their daughter enlisted.”

The rest of Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo’s photo shoot and interview can be found in the April edition of Grazia, which will be released March 20.

Check out their short message from behind-the-scenes video below!

Source (1)

Kim Ji Won and Yoo Yeon Seok Spotted “Dating,” Agency Responds 

Source:  Soompi

Kim Ji Won and Yoo Yeon Seok Spotted “Dating,” Agency Responds

Actors Yoo Yeon Seok and Kim Ji Won are once again caught up in dating rumors.

Local news source Sport Chosun reports that the two actors are dating, having spotted them on a date on March 29. Kim Ji Won went to a lamb skewer restaurant in Cheondam-dong, Seoul with her manager around 9:00 p.m. Twenty minutes later, Yoo Yeon Seok arrived and the two enjoyed a date like any other couple.

According to Sports Chosun, the two were not self-conscious of the public’s gaze. They shared each other’s food and were physically affectionate with each other. Yoo Yeok Seok is said to have shown his concern and happiness for Kim Ji Won, who is extremely busy these days due to her popularity from “Descendants of the Sun.”

The two left the restaurant around 11:20 p.m. and Yoo Yeon Seok drove Kim Ji Won home in his car.

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kim Ji Won are said to have started dating 2012, after becoming interested in each other through the film “Horror Stories.” Around the time of the premiere, there were dating reports which the two denied, saying they were just friendly colleagues (or sunbae-hoobae relationship). In 2015, the magazine Woman Sense reported that the two were dating, and King Kong Entertainment, which both actors are signed under, stated, “They are just friends, not lovers.” However, dating rumors have continued about them.

An entertainment industry insider said to Sport Chosun, “The relationship between Yoo Yeon Seok and Kim Ji Won is quite well known in the industry. When Kim Ji Won was moving to a new agency, Yoo Yeon Seok rolled up his sleeves and got involved. Both pairs of parents have given them permission to date and their acquaintances don’t hide their relationship.”

Another insider said, “They match very well despite their eight-year difference in age. Even though they have been dating around four years, their love is passionate. There are many who hope they get married.”

Sports Chosun did not have pictures of the “date.”

King Kong Entertainment responded to the report quickly, saying that the two are not dating, but are just friends, and pointing out that their managers were present at the supposed “date.”

Source (1) (2)

off topic, sorry Mod, I hafta post this ...

I was afraid KJW who is younger than kyo and beautiful fell in love with SJK. I once saw her looking at SJK and was worried about it. Sorry KJW. Now the 'competitor' of kyo for ki (too much delulu) has been eliminated. ...soon, hope you go on with the relationship till wedding bell rings, kikyo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yasssss! I knew she had her own thread here on soompi. 

I'm so glad she's gaining more popularity through DOTS. She's an amazing actress and it's about time that she shines! Hope to see her as a female lead in a new drama soon! 

• 2 weeks later...

April 25, 2016

Goo-Won couple to star in ‘Running Man’

(Still from "Descendants of the Sun")

The “Goo-Won” couple from hit TV drama series “Descendants of the Sun” will star in an upcoming episode of SBS variety show “Running Man,” according to local media outlets.

In an interview with TV Report, an anonymous insider in the entertainment industry said “Kim Ji-won and Jin Goo will participate in the filming of the program scheduled on Monday.”

Actor David McInnis, who took on the role of antagonist Argus in the TV drama, will also take part in the show.

(SBS)

The episode of “Running Man” featuring cast members from “Descendants of the Sun” will hit the airwaves on May 1. 

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

Archived