Kim Ji Won 김지원 • 金智媛

StaRix

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Kim Ji-won as Yoochun’s potential co-star in Sensory Coupleby javabeanskimjiwon_32.jpg

I have good news, and even better news. I’m not sure which is which, but I’ll let you decide: One, the drama formerly known (and laughed at) as The Girl Who Sees Smellshas decided to rename itself Sensory Couple, and two, after courting Suzy, who did not take the role, the show is now in talks to cast Kim Ji-won (Gap-dong, Heirs) to headline opposite Yoochun.

I do like Suzy, a lot actually, but it’s kind of funny to me how much I like her despite not caring for her acting very much (she does well in cute or funny roles, like in Big). On the other hand I both like Kim Ji-won AND her acting, and think she’s got a nice ability to make even annoying characters relatable. I wouldn’t say she’s quite underrated because I do think she gets recognized for having acting talent, but it’ll be nice to see her scoring a lead role.

Read more here: Dramabeans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Kwang Soo, GOT7, 2NE1′s Sandara Park and More Attend VIP Screening for ′Twenty′
48999488.jpg
Kim Ji Won looks chic in black and white
The VIP screening for the film Twenty took place on March 18 at the COEX Megabox in Gangnam-gu.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89552/photo-lee-kwang-soo-got7-2ne1s-sandara-park-and-more-attend-vip-screening-for-twenty

• 2 weeks later...

Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki to star in "The Descendant of the Sun"

photo580612.jpg

Actors Song Joong-ki and Jin Goo, actresses Song Hye-kyo and Kim Ji-won-I are starring in the KBS 2TV drama "The Descendant of the Sun".

"The Descendant of the Sun" looks through the values of life through doctors and young soldiers who dream about love and success in a hostile environment. Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo take on the role of Special Forces dispatch troops leader Yoo Si-jin and attractive doctor Kang Mo-yeon.

Song Joong-ki is on National Duty until the 26th of May and after he has had time to fully prepare for the drama, he will join the team. Song Hye-kyo is currently known as the Hallyu Goddess in China for her outstanding acting skills and therefore, news of the two stars foresees a great response.

In addition, there's Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won-I who will take on the roles of Officer Seo Dae-yeong under Yoo Si-jin and army surgeon Yoon Myeong-joo.

Writer Kim Eun-sook who has mesmerized viewers with her trendy writing in "Lovers in Paris", "Lovers in Prague", "Secret Garden" and more, is collaborating with writer Kim Won-seok from "The Queen's Classroom".

"The Descendant of the Sun" is expected to have humanism that pounds the heart and be filmed in locations on a different scale.

"The Descendant of the Sun" will start production soon and be released in the later end of 2015.

source: newsen, hancinema

"Descendants of The Sun" Starring Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-Ki will be simulcast in China
2015040210493043201_1.jpg

The new KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of The Sun" starring Song Joong-gi, Song Hye Kyo, Jin goo, and Kim Ji-won (a drama by writer Kim Eun-sook and Kim Won-Seok, direct and production by Barunson NEW) will be simulcast in Korea and China.
KBS authority said KBS drama "Descendants of the Sun" will be broadcast later this year, and will be simulcast in Korea and China. Official said, " the descendants of the Sun" will broadcast in Korea in China and can be viewed at the same day, same time telecast. he added "it is on the broadcaster channels not streaming on the Internet." 
Meanwhile, "Descendant of the Sun" is a melodrama that capture human life through a relationship between young soldier and doctor that looking for love and ultimate success in the foreign land. 
 source: http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=3279046

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kim Ji-won cameos as Kim Bum’s girlfriend for Hidden Identity

It’s only a guest appearance, but I won’t say no to seeing Kim Ji-won (Gap-dong, Heirs) putting in some screentime for tvN’s upcoming crime drama Hidden Identity, about a special investigative unit of undercover police officers. Better yet, she’ll be playing Kim Bum’s girlfriend, albeit only temporarily.

Her character is also the younger sister to another character, played by Kim Tae-hoon (whom you may remember playing a sleazy, villainous teacher in Angry Mom). She’s described as having a soft, innocent appeal, though she’s also the woman who “creates a decisive opportunity that transforms Kim Bum’s detective character into a cold-blooded human weapon.”

Um… she doesn’t die, does she? It’s gotta be that or vicious betrayal, and in that case I’m not sure which is better—being evil, or being dead? Maybe I’m missing an obvious Door Number 3, which would be nice for all their sakes…

In any case, Kim Ji-won be busy with a drama series of her own after her Hidden Identity stint is over, since she’s got a role in KBS’s big buzz project Descended From the Sun, set to air later this year. That drama features doctors working in overseas war zones and stars Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-gyo, and reunites her with Heirs scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook.

Hidden Identity premieres on June 16 on tvN. It’s a little strange to launch a show on a Tuesday, but the station will air Episodes 1 and 2 back-to-back that night, after which the show will resume the standard Monday-Tuesday broadcast schedule.

Via Joy News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/06/kim-ji-won-cameos-as-kim-bums-girlfriend-for-hidden-identity/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

꽃잠프로젝트 (Ggotjam Project) - I Like You M/V from 'One Sunny Day - LINE 드라마 좋은날 OST'

MV OST by Ggotjam Project for this web drama. The video contained footage from that. Nice song.

• 3 months later...

Jin Gu and Kim Ji-won’s tearful goodbye in Descended From the Sun

Descended3.jpg

I was wondering when we’d get to the other characters in Descended From the Sun, the new “blockbuster human melodrama” about soldiers and doctors finding love during wartime. The drama is mostly known for its headliners Song Hye-gyo and Song Joong-ki, but it has a pair of strong actors in a second coupling: Jin Gu (Falling for Innocence) and Kim Ji-won (Gap-dong), who seem to have quite the dramatic loveline of their own.

The new drama from writer Kim Eun-sook (Heirs, A Gentleman’s Dignity) takes place in a fictional country where our characters are stationed during a war. Song Joong-ki plays an elite special forces officer and Song Hye-gyo is a surgeon who finds herself swept up in one dangerous calamity after another when she’s around Song Joong-ki. It is a war zone, but he does seem to court danger wherever he goes.

Jin Gu is a noncommissioned petty officer in the army, and Kim Ji-won is an army surgeon who out-ranks him. In the teaser, he tells her with a stoic expression on his face that he’d like for her not to jump to the wrong conclusion that he’s leaving because of her: “My heart changed.” She challenges tearfully: “I don’t believe you.”

She pleads with him, “Don’t do this! Stop! Stop right there!” But he marches away from her without turning back. The only thing that makes him stop is when she pulls rank and asks him formally if he’s walking away without a proper salute to his superior officer, at which he whirls around and gives one last silent salute. I actually think their loveline might be more interesting, if they have history and tension that informs the rest of their interactions; plus her being his superior officer should make for a good setup when they’re thrown together in the war zone.

Descended From the Sun follows Master of Trade—Inn 2015 and premieres February 24 on KBS.

Captions:

• 1 month later...

kim-ji-won.jpg

:wub::wub:Name: Kim Ji Won (김지원):wub::wub:

Birth Date: October 19, 1992

Education: Dongguk University[1]

Years active: 2008–present

Agent King Kong Entertainment

(2014-present)

Height: 164 cm (5 ft 5 in)

Religion: Christian

Filmography
Television series

2008    Mrs. Saigon     KNN
2011    High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged  MBC
What's Up    
2012    To the Beautiful YoU    SBS    
2013    The Heirs     SBS    
Waiting for Love  KBS2    [15]
2014    Drama Special: The Reason I'm Getting Married    KBS2   
Gap-dong    tvN    
2015    Hidden Identity    Min Tae-hee (cameo)    tvN   
2016    Descendants of the Sun    KBS2  

Film

2011    Romantic Heaven    
2012    Horror Stories    
2013    Horror Stories 2  

Web series

2014    One Sunny Day    The Girl    Line TV    ]
2016    Romance Island    Yuna    Sohu TV

AWARDS"

2013 Best New Star SBS Drama Awards (The Heirs)

• 2 weeks later...

:bawling: Get that public recognition unni.. You deserved it!

A perfect timing to lead and a hot rising actor to romance with woooooo :wub:

We're getting there slowly :)....

Kim Ji-won in the running to romance prince Park Bo-gum

KimJiWon1.jpg

Well that was fast. Upcoming KBS fusion sageuk Moonlight Drawn by Clouds just confirmed Park Bo-gum (Answer Me 1988) to play its hero, and already the casting rounds have begun for his co-star.

Producers say she’s just one of many possibilities, but Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun) is in consideration for the leading role. I hadn’t thought of her when the show was first announced, but I’ve always liked Kim Ji-won — she’s emotive and has good range for a young actress, so I’m happy with the potential casting.

The new series is an adaptation of a web novel by Yoon Yi-soo, and the drama comes from the team behind Who Are You—School 2015. It’s a youth romance set in 19th-century Joseon, about a girl who crossdresses and pretends to be a worldly man in order to give out love advice. She’s the daughter of a traitor who must keep her identity hidden, and eventually she enters the palace as a eunuch.

She’ll become friends with real-life historical figures Crown Prince Hyomyeong (played by Park Bo-gum) and Joseon scholar/poet Kim Sat-gat (yet to be cast), and have lovelines with both of them. The drama is a coming-of-age story about youths in Joseon, and though the setup is familiar, I like the idea of a resourceful love guru heroine and her cover life as a palace eunuch. Only hijinks could ensue.

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds is being considered for a Monday-Tuesday slot in July or August on KBS.

Via Sports Chosun, DongA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Park Bo Gum Confirmed and Kim Ji Won Up for Romance Sageuk Moonlight Drawn by Clouds

bana2.jpg

Park Bo Gum‘s hot property status in K-acting just got major confirmation this week as he turned down one drama supporting role only to land another drama lead role. Nice! After turning down Entertainer (Ttantara) Park Bo Gum is confirmed as the leading man in upcoming romantic sageuk Moonlight Drawn by Clouds. His involvement is enough for me to check out this drama but adding to the mix is the elevation of Kim Ji Won to her first major drama leading role as she’s also been tapped for Moonlight. Double the nice! Clearly life is swell for Kim Ji Won as she gets to enjoy the explosive exposure thanks to hit drama Descendants of the Sun where she’s doing a bang up job. Pairing her up with Park Bo Gum hits various markers such as popular young stars with known acting talent in a fresh onscreen coupling. Moonlight Drawn by Clouds will reportedly be pre-filming some portions with an eye towards a summer premiere on KBS.

bana3.jpg

hsdnds

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds totally completely reminds me of a cross between The Princess’s Man and The Scholar Who Walks the Night and The Moon Embraces the Sun. It tells the love story of a Joseon prince with the his enemy’s daughter who happens to cross-dress as a eunuch in order to dispense love advice as a man. Tell me that doesn’t sound like a Princess Night Scholar Moon Sun mashup. Writing is the screenwriting team of Who Are You: School 2015 and directing is the PD of Discovery of Love, Big, and Dream High. 2016 really is off to a fantastic drama as far as I’m concerned.

Dramabeans                     Koalasplayground

Archived