[Official] Key ღ Yagi Arisa ~ We Got Married Global Couple S2 ~ UGG Couple

sugarplum892

lol, @jazzria.  Maybe Heechul is PLAYING to be a person who’s forward like that. And again, maybe that’s his real character. I don’t wish to invoke the wrath of his fanclub by speculating any further about him.  :)  
Also, if I may suggest, to keep comity in this thread, to forebear from mentioning directly any couple from the previous season.  As you probably know not everybody is from the same boat. More importantly, it would give this particular couple a fighting chance they deserve to succeed on their own merits if we refrain from comparing them to another couple from the previous season.  I believe @lmangla has already pointed that out.  Thanks, y'all. 
From the first episodes, these are things that I do like about Key. Ari is still an unknown identity so out of respect for her, I'll reserve commenting until I've a better grasp of her character.  
1. Key was thoughtful enough not to show up empty-handed to a first date. Buying the macaroons was a superb idea. It warms a girl’s heart to know that the guy has planned something beforehand, no matter how small it may be, and that he didn’t just arrive at their date with no thought of making a good impression. 
And did anybody notice how he managed to ask for an extra macaroon from the server? And how he had asked for a card to go with the macaroon?  That is SOOO Key. He’s practical that way, and he knows how to suavely use his fame as an “idol” in situations like that, so he can get a freebie or discount. He has that street-smart and “people touch” lacking in many pampered idols his age. And he's also money-conscious, despite loving to shop. That's important husband quality, I think. 
2. He arrived earlier than scheduled.  I know he was wondering if he arrived too early but it was good manners of him to be there before her. Personally, I hate men – and women – (I’m an equal opportunity hater. lol.) who show up late for their dates or the appointments.  And if you’re the guy, there is that onus to arrive before the girl and not to make her wait or search for you. Unless there’s present and clear emergency, it’s simply the height of rudeness, as it’s so easy to call up the other person to warn them of your impending tardiness (or absence).  
Furthermore, Key occupied the time waiting sensibly. He called up Taemin!  He had the entertainment smarts to know that the GWGM editors wouldn’t cut out THAT footage. Good one, Key!
3. I like the way he took charge of their first meeting. I’m sure he was nervous, but he didn’t fumble around like a foolish, nervous child...which he isn’t.  He took charge of the conversation; he made Ari feel at ease right away with his aegyo. Doing that face/hand gesture was brilliant move because Ari copied him and that served as a sort of their ice-breaker. I think it’s a major turn-off for most competent girls if they have to treat their suitors like they would a younger child.  I know this reeks of sexism, but it is what it is. Society still prefers a partnership where the older male leads the younger female rather than the reverse. 
4. I appreciate that Key gave her the option of choosing the activity to do – go to the beach – and that he WILLINGLY accompanied her there. He was willing to please her. I think that’s an important ingredient in early courtship: the guy’s willingness to do something for the girl, simply because it pleases her, and even though he may not enjoy it one bit. And I like like like how Key had extra shoes and snowsuit in his car. I wanted to give him a virtual High 5 when he went back to the car to grab those items for her. 
Again, that’s SOOO Key.  In case people don’t know, there’s a reason he’s jokingly nicknamed “Key Umma.” It’s because he pays attention to this kind of details LIKE a mom.  He’d be the type to have an extra pair of shoes in his car, extra clothing and be prepared  for any eventuality. He may be perceived as a diva by others but it's because in his mind, he has a certain method or manner of executing things. 
5. Lastly, although I would be happy if they were to converse in French, I’m glad that Key decided to choose to speak to her in the language she is most comfortable with, Japanese. I’m not a language elitist, and I cannot be.  Every day at soompi, I read English written in substandard form, and instead of feeling annoyance for and superiority towards these writers, I am soooo proud of them and very humbled by the efforts they show in expressing themselves. I wish I had the same courage they display in conversing in another language. Really.  And I'm glad that Key and Ari have found early on that communication is more than having one or two languages in common. If it were so, then there shouldn't be any divorces between two Koreans, Americans or Klingons speaking the same language.  lol.  
I’ve a pretty good record on ‘ships. I’ve only shipped two. One couple I shipped married each other, and the other one I’m on are dating. Although I don’t know what the future will hold for Key and Ari, it should be fun watching these two. If I can't pass on my "lucky charm" on them, I still hope that they'll have a good and successful season together. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jazzria  yes she is. :\"> GWGM again introduce me to another bright young star KEY and cutie pie Arisa. I love his characters ,that makes him special and likeable. i dont know about the future but hopefully this couple continue their friendship after GWGM..i cant wait to watch they getting through the sundae list.This made this couple really special.lets continue watching.. :) *people in my country can watch gwgm s2 in  hyppTV in one of their channelohhh hai @missauditor  :-h

More comments for Ep 2. 
One of his SHINee members, Jonghyun, once said that if ever there was a person among them who could converse naturally with ET, it would be Key.  And that’s true; Key likes to talk to people. I laughed when Ari said she disliked talking to strangers. If she wasn’t joking when she said that, then Key’s her total opposite.  
Last year, when the SHINee boys were allowed to take a few days off to travel to anywhere in the world, Key decided to go to London. Minho also chose London. But instead of renting a flat like Minho, or staying in a regular hotel, Key opted to stay in a hostel so he could meet people.  I also stayed in a European hostel once in my life, a looooong time ago, and no, once is good enough for experience. But Key loved his stay. At breakfast, he eagerly struck a conversation with the other European tourists. 
It’s this kind of extroversion that will rub off on Arissa with her virtual marriage to Key. I think she’ll be pushed to socialize more because Key will bring her out of her shell.
The other thing that confounded Key during the dinner was Arissa’s lack of interest in shopping. Frankly, I agree with his line of thinking that as a model, it’s expected of her to be totally into clothes.  But she’s not a fashionista like Key.  I think this is a revealing insight into her character. It tells me that Arissa considers fashion simply as “work” and not as passion. It’s not her real interest if she’s unconcerned about it that she allows friends and other people to decide her choice of clothing. 
This mindset is contrary to the way Key and the SHINee members have been “raised” or “trained” as entertainers. They consider their job, more than regular “work.” It’s their PASSION. I doubt that they could have survived all their grueling days or even their current Idols status, if they weren’t PASSIONATE about music, dancing and entertaining. Being only “lukewarm” about the job won’t give them the drive to succeed and bear the stress. 
But then again, Arissa’s only 19? 20? in Korean age. I think she’s very young and she’ll have plenty of time to determine if a job in the fashion industry, be it as a model or designer or whatever, is to her liking or not. 
My final observation for today is that Key is an only child from a reportedly wealthy family. He talks warmly of his family and his close relationship with his grandmother. As a matter of fact, he attributes his nagging personality to his grandmother.  Knowing this, I could imagine how his parents and grandparent must have “force-fed” him as a child as he had force-fed Arissa the piece of sun-dae. 
When Arissa was distracted telling the wait-staff to take away the dishes, Key grabbed a morsel of sun-dae and placed it in front of her face.  Too late! She couldn’t have avoided those chopsticks shoved at her face like that.  Then, when she had that mutinous look on her face, he diffused the tension but opening his mouth widely, and going “AHHHHHHH!”  He was expecting her to mimic him and open her mouth, too. This tactic was pretty much how I tricked my children to eat their broccoli and Brussels sprouts.  
But despite his “bullying” her into eating that sun-dae, I must note that among the SHINee members, Key is recognized as the “motherhen” of the group, the one who takes care of others. That’s partly why he and Taemin are close, because he treats Taemin as a younger child that he needs to guide and parent. 
I’m sure that given Arissa’s cute and defenseless ways, he’ll demonstrate that same protective stance for her. 

@mrsrosan80 said:  @jazzria  yes she is. :\"> GWGM again introduce me to another bright young star KEY and cutie pie Arisa. I love his characters ,that makes him special and likeable. i dont know about the future but hopefully this couple continue their friendship after GWGM..i cant wait to watch they getting through the sundae list.This made this couple really special.lets continue watching.. :) *people in my country can watch gwgm s2 in  hyppTV in one of their channelohhh hai @missauditor  :-h

Guest jazzria

do you hv the making of key n arisa eps 2..i only manage to watch the making no 1 ..it been released ...

Yes. I'll message you the links.

I don't want to get flagged lol

Awesome, @iamacoolcat! Welcome aboard!
It’s always lovely to see a Shawol here so this forum can get meaningful perspectives on this couple. May I kindly request, however, that if you've a bias from other ships to refrain from discussing them here and drawing comparisons? This is to preserve and maintain a détente aboard this ship. Our couple deserves this much respect from us.  And unfortunately, I’ve limited patience and tolerance for rudeness and breaches of forum etiquette.
At any rate, I was able to dig this info about the hubby Key.  I hope it'll serve as a snapshot of his character to those who are unfamiliar with him. Eventually, we'll get a better understanding of why he does certain things. 
I’ve also been trying to look for info on the bride, Arisa, as well, to no avail. If anybody has any scoop or juicy tidbit on her, please share.  Right now, she’s so like an Ununtrium…an unknown element. :)
20 FACTS ABOUT KEY*copied and pasted from http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/shinee/articles/83309/title/20-facts-about-key, posted by no0ona
1. Will go to the CD shop and ask, "Where are the SHINee CDs? Are they selling well?" Cares about his welfare in outlook in life.
2. "Right from when we are trainees till now, the one who sings really well, dances superbly, gets angry only when it is an occasion to be angry about, makes people feel that "this guy is really amazing!", that person is Key." (JONGHYUN)
3. Has a love-hate relationship with horror movies and horror stories, he yearns for them but he is also scared of them, he likes them but he also dislikes them. He lost his composure/image in the cinema many times because of that, he is only able to rent horror movies/dramas to watch at home to continue scaring himself.
4. "I don't want a fantasy romance like those in the movies, I look towards a realistic and truthful relationship." Honest, straightforward and open minded girls are OK, but girls who are soft on the outside but really fierce on the insides are a NO. Must have an opinion, not be too girly, and must like to freely express what she likes.
5. In terms of dressing up as girls, Taemin is the most suitable, but the prettiest is still the one who is looking into the mirror (ie. Key), if he really wants to do it, even a true woman will not be able to match up to him. (Proudly)
6. Is confident that he can be a gourmet chef, nobody can escape his dumplings trap.
7. "To be an idol, it's not enough to just put in effort in the front appearance, your back appearance is important too."
8. Good at saying honeyed words, but hearing lines like "Are you hurt? I am hurting too." makes him burst out in laughter.
9. "If I were to become Yunhanam's director, the viewing rates ought to be able to rise." (smug)
10. His personal talent is imitating a robotic character from a cartoon show, the classic line being "Woah! Money! With money anything can be done!!"
11. Good at preparing, good at analyzing, belongs to the kind who is able to work out a plan from scratch with just a single detail.
12. "You cannot avoid me, you must look at me in the eyes."
13. It's his nature to take care of people? At first he was just Taemin's umma, after that his nagging extends to include all of the members, and now it is becoming that he nags at whoever he sees.
14. Still nagging. Because he has been too naggy, Taemin really wants to change his umma now...
15. Become a girl? Then he would date all the other members once and see how it is. Does not know how it is like when they are in front of a girl, he is really curious about it.
16. "The person who is able to meet an ET who has come to earth and not feel scared but instead in able to converse naturally with it is Key...Even if he is left on an abadoned island, he will still be able to find a way to survive." (JONGHYUN)
17. As long as he is being sincerely asked to do something, he will do it no matter how unwilling he is, even if he does not like to do it.
18. Sentimental and sensitive, even if it just a piece of paper from someone who he cares about, he will take really good care of it.
19. The group's No.1 in fashion. Red, white, blue, it is normal for him to carry off these colours which are easy to carry off, but for colours like pink and grass green which are more difficult to pull off, he is still able to do it.
20. "I hope that this album can receive a lot of love from everyone, and, if only our friends all know SHINee's songs, they only know 'Noona is so pretty' ..."
Matters needing attention:
Height phobia: Will feeling giddy, disgusted, off balanced when standing on high grounds, feels very dangerous if he is suspended in midair.
The X catalyst: Rollercoaster or bungee jump or water slide...
The O catalyst: Standing with both foot on the ground.
Source: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/shinee/articles/83309/title/20-facts-about-key

@jazzria, 
The gifs are fab. Thanks! 
May I request too for a gif of that moment in the GWGM press conference when they were being photographed and Key’s hand was searching for Arisa’s hand to hold? Arisa was already on the red carpet, and Key walked up to join her.  I can explain something about it. 
No rush.  Thanks.

1975088_441134792699603_6627424612934730beautiful ari chan..credit to her official blog ..about her profile not so much info about her except her basic info such as date of birthday,and i think she a student of international school , KAIST international school? im sorry if im wrong..>< one more thing she active in instagram and twitter..

Guest sayoung70

@jazzria I think it's ok to share the links of the episodes and the makings here. You know me :\">

It is very helpful to some people like me :)

Guest jazzria

packmule3 said: @jazzria, 
The gifs are fab. Thanks! 
May I request too for a gif of that moment in the GWGM press conference when they were being photographed and Key’s hand was searching for Arisa’s hand to hold? Arisa was already on the red carpet, and Key walked up to join her.  I can explain something about it. 
No rush.  Thanks.

@packmule3: lmao I don't ship any pairing religiously tbh. As long as they are cute I'll love it :D
Here's the link for WGM TV Key-cut, it's about their first meeting and Key revealed that his height is actually 176cm XD--> http://tctwtwtt.tumblr.com/post/82986496638/fk-wgm-ep02-key-cut

Archived